Jab v2.0

Pretty much a regular
[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Fri 8/1[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]201 Leonard Bundu[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +250 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]2:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]202 Frankie Gavin[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -300 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Heavyweight 12 rounds - Civic Hall - Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Fri 8/1[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]225 Andriy Rudenko[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +700 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]226 Lucas Browne[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -1500 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Light Heavyweight 12 rounds - Revel Resort - Atlantic City, New Jersey - HBO</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sat 8/2[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]501 Blake Caparello[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +700 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9:45PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]502 Sergey Kovalev[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -1500 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Welterweight 10 rounds - Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Las Vegas, Nevada - HBO</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sat 8/2[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]701 Diego Gabriel Chaves[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +155 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9:45PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]702 Brandon Rios[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -195[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Looks like the visa issues are being worked out, and Chaves/Rios is a go.

Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle for a while. And Rios, in my opinion, is NO Thurman. He's not as big, not as strong, doesn't punch with as much power (in both hands), can't move like Thurman, isn't the all around boxer that Thurman is, and isn't as hard to find as Thurman. And Chaves was still finding Thurman.

The question mark for me, is how well Chaves can respond to the constant pressure that Rios will undoubtedly apply. And how well his stamina is going to hold up if he has to deal with the pressure on into the later rounds. But, I ain't fuckin' scared.

Diego Chaves +160. 1u.

Looks like the visa issues are being worked out, and Chaves/Rios is a go.

Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle for a while. And Rios, in my opinion, is NO Thurman. He's not as big, not as strong, doesn't punch with as much power (in both hands), can't move like Thurman, isn't the all around boxer that Thurman is, and isn't as hard to find as Thurman. And Chaves was still finding Thurman.

The question mark for me, is how well Chaves can respond to the constant pressure that Rios will undoubtedly apply. And how well his stamina is going to hold up if he has to deal with the pressure on into the later rounds. But, I ain't fuckin' scared.

Diego Chaves +160. 1u.

Outstanding grab on the +160 jab. I agree with you 100% and think the wrong guy is favored in this fight. Chaves definitely held his own against Thurman who is a bigger puncher and much bigger fighter than Rios. Chaves getting into the USA day before the weigh in is a slight concern but it's not like he's coming from Asia or Europe so he should adjust fine. Just can't see Rios staying out of a fire fight against a bigger puncher and natural 147 lb fighter in Chaves.

Chaves +130 for 2u for me.

Should be a great fight headlining a card flying under the radar but should be very entertaining.

Last edited:
I like Thurman too, but I think ya'll are undervaluing Rios a bit....sure he is there to be hit but he aint gonna give any brakes or take a round off.

No play yet.

I like Thurman too, but I think ya'll are undervaluing Rios a bit....sure he is there to be hit but he aint gonna give any brakes or take a round off.

No play yet.

I love the way Rios fights as much as the next man Twink but it's very likely what gets him touched at some point in this fight. Chaves has very legitimate WW power and was able to get to a guy with much better footwork and defense in Thurman. It still remains to be seen if Rios can bully and break legitimate WW's with his constant pressure and I seriously doubt we see Chaves implement a strategy similar to Alvarado's rock em sock em robots in their first fight. Being a 10 round fight helps as it's six less minutes of the possibility of Chaves wilting under the pressure.

Make no mistake, this is a close fight. I think a true line should be around -120-130 for Chaves but understand why books would be hesitant to make a somewhat unknown fighter a favorite over a HBO staple and guy who just fought Pacman.

you just said it....I think One Time went into that fight thinking Chaves wasn't much to be honest....found out different for sure

Rios has been in with real talent fight after fight....I want to see a weigh in

yall think he can KO Rios?

I'd say it's possible. Rios is obviously a very tough out, so it's more likely to go the distance. I honestly believe that it won't matter. I think Chaves is the better fighter. The only thing I believe Rios does better, is pressure. But that pressure might just get his ass kicked in this one.

Outstanding grab on the +160 jab. I agree with you 100% and think the wrong guy is favored in this fight. Chaves definitely held his own against Thurman who is a bigger puncher and much bigger fighter than Rios. Chaves getting into the USA day before the weigh in is a slight concern but it's not like he's coming from Asia or Europe so he should adjust fine. Just can't see Rios staying out of a fire fight against a bigger puncher and natural 147 lb fighter in Chaves.

Chaves +130 for 2u for me.

Should be a great fight headlining a card flying under the radar but should be very entertaining.

Reeeeeaaaaally looking forward to this card.

:shake:

LOL @ trainer calling the doctor over for the stoppage. That doctor should be banned for making that stoppage. Jesus Jab, you were raped so hard I feel it from a 1000+ miles away.

Chavez+120. Figure this should be closer to even. Wish I woulda woke up when the fucking line came out

Caparello keeps that right awfully low. He also likes to find himself backed up to the ropes and in the corner a LOT. That's a recipe for a fucking beating against Kovalev.

Back