***Champ Week and NFL In-Game***

The rematch also created a situation where the winner of the first gamd didn't get anything out of it. I still think more than of the best four teams in the country are SEC West teams, but why should Bama have to beat a team they already beat (either head-to-head or by conference championship determination rules)?

That is an excellent and very valid point, and one that was made repeatedly at the time. There is no question the rematch rendered the outcome of the first game nugatory.

As usual I agree with you. I had ambivalent feelings about the rematch. On one hand, as I stated previously, two teams from not only the same conference but the same division of the same conference was not good for the college football brand. On the other hand the BCS had the job of selecting the best two teams regardless of conference affiliation. In that sense I think most people had to agree with the outcome.

As a fan I was certainly happy to see Alabama get a rematch because I was pretty certain how the rematch would turn out. From a wagering standpoint, however, I felt that if Okie State played LSU for the title it would give bettors 2 free wins instead of one. So I would have been fine either way.
paragraph one- I am not bitter anymore, but like most LSU fans,,,,,why we had to play our rivals twice blah blah....you know...but man Bama shouldnt have been there...great team, but so was LSU....weird year

part 2- what do you mean?

unless they lost .. in which case it was because they were disappointed about not being in the championship game and just couldn't get up for the opponent.

paragraph one- I am not bitter anymore, but like most LSU fans,,,,,why we had to play our rivals twice blah blah....you know...but man Bama shouldnt have been there...great team, but so was LSU....weird year

part 2- what do you mean?

Part 1:

Trust me, I thoroughly understand the argument. As an Alabama fan I would have been fine with whichever way the pendulum swung. As I have said, I think it put college football in a very precarious spot for all the reasons people have mentioned.

Part 2a:

It was the BCS's job to matchup the best two teams in the BCS National Championship game. Because I do believe that Alabama and LSU were the best two teams in the country by a significant margin, I think the BCS did its job.

Part 2b:

I think LSU and Alabama would have blown-out whoever they played. That would have provided me with two "Max Bet" scenarios instead of one.

unless they lost .. in which case it was because they were disappointed about not being in the championship game and just couldn't get up for the opponent.

True. But in this case the lost had happened several weeks prior, rather than the game prior to the bowl game. The shock of that lost had ebbed by then.

Who cares, this is what's wrong with college sports

For the first time in my life, I prefer the pros, this is terrible and they don't get paid

mates

valuable lesson learned last night

never throw a lit cigarette in a plastic garbage can

Back