***Champ Week and NFL In-Game***

That is very presumptuous. Oregon will have the best player on the field, but most of the other 21 best will be wearing red and gold (or whatever they're colors are called)

I think FSU would win that game. Clearly FSU is very beatable, and Oregon is certainly capable of doing it, but I don't think Oregon can match-up in the trenches. But even if Oregon can't they still could win, but I will almost always favor the team that I think will win at the point of attack.

Ya i agree.. Dont think Oregon is that good .. Zona stinks if that was a real team last night oregon b in trouble... Wwme have seen how oregon looks when a coachin staff has a month to prepare for there gimmick O

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B2NFyaqoVfE" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

to alans point watch the two pass interference calls/no calls at the end
to gars point watch the whole game and tell me who is better
to jimmys point look at the scoreboard when the game ends

I watched the 2nd half of that game. I don't disagree that there were some missed calls that may have had an effect on the game, but the committee should not be in the business of overturning the results on the field.

Last edited:
I watch the 2nd half of that game. I don't disagree that there were some missed calls that may have had an effect on the game, but the committee should not be in the business of overturning the results on the field.

Do you think they should be in the business of analyzing them?

I watch the 2nd half of that game. I don't disagree that there were some missed calls that may have had an effect on the game, but the committee should not be in the business of overturning the results on the field.

should they be in the business of deciding who the conference champion is? If the two are co-champions should it go to resume?

I am playing devils advocate. I agree with you Baylor deserves to be ahead of tcu.

I posted about it extensively at the time. I, like many, felt that LSU and Alabama were the best two teams, but I was against it because I thought it was bad for the college football product. The re-match created a situation where the vast majority of the country was completely disinterested in the game, and at the time I thought that was not good for the brand.

The rematch also created a situation where the winner of the first gamd didn't get anything out of it. I still think more than of the best four teams in the country are SEC West teams, but why should Bama have to beat a team they already beat (either head-to-head or by conference championship determination rules)?

LSU-Alabama in 2011 is a very different argument than Baylor v TCU in 2014. Nobody ever said Alabama should be ranked over LSU. As a fan, I was glad to get the 2nd chance, but it wasn't "fair." Baylor should be ahead of TCU in every poll there is. The committee should leave the big 12 out for being pussies.

And oh yeah, Roll Tide!

I think FSU would win that game. Clearly FSU is very beatable, and Oregon is certainly capable of doing it, but I don't think Oregon can match-up in the trenches. But even if Oregon can't they still could win, but I will almost always favor the team that I think will win at the point of attack.

If FSU start they way they have all season then they may lose sight of the bunny against Oregon. They could be down 21-0 against a team they can go point for point with them the rest of the game

I just can't figure out how tosu could hop tcu and that is why Baylor wont hop tcu. Because tosu was ahead of Baylor and should have increased that distance after this weekends games.

I just can't figure out how tosu could hop tcu and that is why Baylor wont hop tcu. Because tosu was ahead of Baylor and should have increased that distance after this weekends games.

Despite how we got to the current rankings, nothing has happened for any of the top 4 teams to lose their spot. TCU won by 50, they should not fall 1 spot, let alone 2.

Despite how we got to the current rankings, nothing has happened for any of the top 4 teams to lose their spot. TCU won by 50, they should not fall 1 spot, let alone 2.

yup. if they make a jump now, they are basically saying they screwed up all year long.

Also I think TCU is a toughie for Bama

Of the possible teams Bama could face, Ohio State would be their best matchup. I think FSU would probably be the 2nd best. All the remaining teams all (Oregon, Baylor and TCU) could give Bama a run for their money.

Of the possible teams Bama could face, Ohio State would be their best matchup. I think FSU would probably be the 2nd best. All the remaining teams all (Oregon, Baylor and TCU) could give Bama a run for their money.

I actually think the pass rush of Bama will get Boykin/MM before the receivers can develop their routes.

I actually think the pass rush of Bama will get Boykin/MM before the receivers can develop their routes.

Alabama will have a lot of success rushing the passer against any team they play. The type of team that can beat them is a QB that can make plays when things break down like Trevor Knight did in the Sugar Bowl. Cornerback and linebackers in coverage is Alabama's weakness. A team who has a QB that can exploit that weakness will have a good shot.

my favorite bama team in awhile. team has a certain grit and chemistry to it.... not miles better than other teams like some of the other teams. they worked hard to get back this year after the saban screwthyself iron bowl.

should they be in the business of deciding who the conference champion is? If the two are co-champions should it go to resume?

I am playing devils advocate. I agree with you Baylor deserves to be ahead of tcu.

Regardless of what Big 12 conference officials are saying, Baylor is the Big 12 champion based on conference tie-breaker rules. I find it very disingenuous that conference officials are changing the rules after the fact when they feel it may benefit their pocket book. If I were a committee member, I would be completely turned off by the Big 12's duplicitous attempt to alter their tie-breaker rules when they think it'll will benefit them financially.

my favorite bama team in awhile. team has a certain grit and chemistry to it.... not miles better than other teams like some of the other teams. they worked hard to get back this year after the saban screwthyself iron bowl.
I fuckin hate these fuks

But Blake Simms....man, dont know what to say...respect

yea back to when i was pullin fo mizzou
fuckdisnadsjasdjfbaskjdfbakjldbfajsdbnfjsdnfkjasdnfkjasd

Not impossible that fsu gets left out,jmo.Look what happend last week.How could they drop to 4 ?
Wouldnt be shocked,zero wins doesnt mean jack,committee spokesperson when asked why they dropped fsu to 4 "they just havent looked good" or words to that effect.
I want too see them in but after last week....
sleep well ......

LSU-Alabama in 2011 is a very different argument than Baylor v TCU in 2014. Nobody ever said Alabama should be ranked over LSU. As a fan, I was glad to get the 2nd chance, but it wasn't "fair." Baylor should be ahead of TCU in every poll there is. The committee should leave the big 12 out for being pussies.

And oh yeah, Roll Tide!

As usual I agree with you. I had ambivalent feelings about the rematch. On one hand, as I stated previously, two teams from not only the same conference but the same division of the same conference was not good for the college football brand. On the other hand the BCS had the job of selecting the best two teams regardless of conference affiliation. In that sense I think most people had to agree with the outcome.

As a fan I was certainly happy to see Alabama get a rematch because I was pretty certain how the rematch would turn out. From a wagering standpoint, however, I felt that if Okie State played LSU for the title it would give bettors 2 free wins instead of one. So I would have been fine either way.

Last edited:
Back