Chad Morris out at Arkansas

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
No surprise. When you take over a program and tell a starting QB he won't be playing for you, then he comes back to town with a Group of Five team and runs you off the field you are going to be in trouble. Add in the fact Morris didn't win a conference game in two years and even Arkansas couldn't take that.

I have no doubt they will try and hire Norvell, but if he's smart he won't take it. Arkansas is one of the worst jobs in the country--in a conference where they will never win even a division title for the next 100 years, the worst recruiting base of any team in the SEC, and fans who still remember when they were a powerhouse.

Moving to the SEC was a plus in some ways--they take in more money, the minor sports have good competition, the fans get to see great teams come in and play, but the move doomed them to be a losing team forever.

The coach of every team in their division drives by more great football prospects on the way to work than Arkansas produces in 50 years. And when Arkansas does produce a great one he usually goes to Oklahoma or some other program

They used to get hall of fame coaches once upon a time.

Just really haven't been the same since Houston Nutt imo .. and I forget why he either got fired or resigned but it seems like there was something odd about it. I remember the fans asking for him to be fired. Didn't know what they had with him as far as recruiting goes. Of course, maybe he was cheating.

Get the right coach and they can be fairly successful. The Morris hire made no sense from day one. I suggested Joe Brady in the in game thread but he will probably have better opportunities.

It’s that bad.......Jerry could givem 25 million and it won’t matter

I think I liked the hire at the time.....I don’t even remember

They used to get hall of fame coaches once upon a time.

Just really haven't been the same since Houston Nutt imo .. and I forget why he either got fired or resigned but it seems like there was something odd about it. I remember the fans asking for him to be fired. Didn't know what they had with him as far as recruiting goes. Of course, maybe he was cheating.
Broyles finally stepped down in 2007, and maybe the new AD wanted to bring in a new coach. I don't recall the details. But Nutt was a pretty good caoch, and he did win two division titles in 10 years. Of course, Danny aso won one in '95 despite Broyles' meddling.

I thought he was completely unimpressive at SMU and basically failed his way up.
Pretty much true. He did a great job as OC at Clemson and helped bring in two Bama-slayers in Watson and Chad Kelly. That looks pretty good to an SEC West school.

Back