CFL Thursday night discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
D

dudleysdad

2 ESPN games tonight
peg vs hammy and Toronto vs BC

break it down

I haven't handicapped the games but I find Hamilton laying 9 to anyone to be problematic for the guy betting the favorite. I don't care how bad Winnipeg is. I would also expect points in that game assuming the weather is decent but again this is based off the eye test and prior capping. I have not looked at matchups or injuries or weather at all.

I really just basically said "here is my worthless opinion"

But it is more than you will get from most in this thread.

Clown,
peg put some nice drives together when Calgary had the game in hand. They went up tempo and Willy actually looked decent for once. But if u ask me, Willy and Masoli are fairly even to me... So I lean to the points.
i also like the RB from peg, Harris if they can get him the ball..
the late game- I didn't see Bc last wk but opening week their QB looked like shit.

I like BC a lot tonight in this spot. Toronto took huge advantage of how sloppy Sasky was last week and really didn't do a damn thing after the first 2 scores early in the 1st Q. I hate playing unders in this league because some weird stuff can happen, but looking hard at Toronto TT Under 21.5.

Also with the huge lines in this league and it seeming to be a week of the haves playing the have-nots, considering the 3 team 10 pt tease as I can't see Winny (who is flat out putrid offensively and only scored last week because Calgary let up 2nd half), Sask or Toronto winning outright.

Looking forward to seeing Ottawa/Calgary tomorrow...that should be a good game and clearly the best matchup of the week. So glad Montreal isn't playing this week...I have zero read on them right now.

I haven't handicapped the games but I find Hamilton laying 9 to anyone to be problematic for the guy betting the favorite. I don't care how bad Winnipeg is. I would also expect points in that game assuming the weather is decent but again this is based off the eye test and prior capping. I have not looked at matchups or injuries or weather at all.

I really just basically said "here is my worthless opinion"

But it is more than you will get from most in this thread.

I am glad to share my even-more-worthless opinion with you, pal. I just think this league is fun as hell to watch and is the perfect way to get the juices flowing again just long enough to get us to CFB and the NFL

It is definitely enjoyable.

You can see one of the interesting aspects of this game just by reading the thoughts of scarf and duds. Was the Winnipeg successful offense late because they work better uptempo or was it because they were getting destroyed and the other team let up late? Would love to have watched practice to know what their pace will be in the first quarter tonight.

Game is fun to watch. I will be watching.

It is definitely enjoyable.

You can see one of the interesting aspects of this game just by reading the thoughts of scarf and duds. Was the Winnipeg successful offense late because they work better uptempo or was it because they were getting destroyed and the other team let up late? Would love to have watched practice to know what their pace will be in the first quarter tonight.

Game is fun to watch. I will be watching.

Im betting it was a bit of both. Uptempo/defense relaxing

Doing a little research, it seems Winnipeg coach gets canned if they lose tonight.

Clown,
peg put some nice drives together when Calgary had the game in hand. They went up tempo and Willy actually looked decent for once. But if u ask me, Willy and Masoli are fairly even to me... So I lean to the points.
i also like the RB from peg, Harris if they can get him the ball..
the late game- I didn't see Bc last wk but opening week their QB looked like shit.

the Peg has had 2 nice 4Q's in a row....I expect another one tonight as they just don't quit....no matter how pathetic they are, lol

Way to implode early peg
took a 5 yd penalty and now medlock misses a fg and it gets returned for a td

And Medlock was nearly automatic last year...think he only missed 4 or 5 all season. But it's plays like that which make a team never out of a game. Peg needs to run to open the pass...I just think Willy is dog shit and as fragile as a glass egg to boot.

Harris is their best weapon on offense. Think they could use him more and the rest would be easier. Their QB play is just so bad that I am not sure the Wr's aren't better than they appear just because they get missed so often

Both of these teams look allergic to offense. What a brutal game so far.

Ya special teams or field position for every pt pretty much. It is tough to watch. Winnipeg is just QB I think. If they had something there I think they could be average on offense.

Wow he is bad.

Horrible...he's flat out horrible. They need Harris to be their dominant offensive player, their d to play solid and Medlock to be the old Medlock to win. This coach is playing not to lose...he's afraid of his QB

Hamilton w/3 really bad turnovers this first half...my Lord this has been some terrible offensive execution.

I don't even know how you handicap a 2nd half with QB play and offensive units working this poorly. Peg's defense is the best of either teams' units so far.

I don't even know how you handicap a 2nd half with QB play and offensive units working this poorly. Peg's defense is the best of either teams' units so far.

Tend to agree.

Just think Hamilton is the better team and after a half like that at home against poor competition that they are likely to respond. Also feel that in addition to the turnovers, the tcats have been on the short end of the officiating a slight bit

Look at all those pts for the bombers. Offense just clicking on all cylinders. look unstoppable

Sitting on Over 52 here and Argos TT U22 in the late game

Incredibly lucky to even have a shot at the over here I think

In american football you are thinking 25-25 and I am in ... this is cfl .. not so fast my friend

Peg TT 2nd half Over 9...at worst Medlock gets 2 FG tries...based on that alone I'm playing that for a unit. Think Harris gets more involved too which might allow Willy a shot at a guy a mile open on PA

Peg TT 2nd half Over 9...at worst Medlock gets 2 FG tries...based on that alone I'm playing that for a unit. Think Harris gets more involved too which might allow Willy a shot at a guy a mile open on PA

Guy might have to trip and get up for it to not be underthrown

Guy might have to trip and get up for it to not be underthrown

I know...lol. On principle alone with a team playing for their D (and has already forced 4) and FG kicker to make a play, I think 10 is very reachable.

I know...lol. On principle alone with a team playing for their D (and has already forced 4) and FG kicker to make a play, I think 10 is very reachable.

You can get the amazing field position late too if hamilton is still behind and pinned

Yeah I didn't wanna throw another full unit on it but I started a 2 team open parlay for half a bet with that Peg Over 9

Back