CFL Thursday night discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
I am a horrible backgammon player. Decent at chess. Decent at Risk. Good at Poker. But I can't figure Backgammon out. The program I battle against (jellyfish) isn't even one of the tougher computer opponents

Dammit...can't put my finger on it. Don't wanna look it up though. I feel like it will hit me in a minute

That's a nice 3

About to lose my sixth under bet in wnba this year due to overtime. Running very unlucky there despite having most of these games capped well. so frustrating

guess you have to light masoli up at the sideline next time and take the roughing penalty

Yup it was consistent with what they had done prior. so that is a good thing

Agree...always or never. Nothing worse than a wishy washy ref or an ump who calls the low outside strike AND high inside strike...make up your fuckin mind

I am a horrible backgammon player. Decent at chess. Decent at Risk. Good at Poker. But I can't figure Backgammon out. The program I battle against (jellyfish) isn't even one of the tougher computer opponents

The problem with many of the backgammon games are that the computer just rolls perfectly way too often, and roll extremely well a majority of the time. It's not so much about skill and strategy if they roll doubles right when they need it, or roll a 6/2 (or whatever) when it's the best roll possible for them in a certain situation. You can't do anything if your opponent just keeps rolling perfectly.

The problem with many of the backgammon games are that the computer just rolls perfectly way too often, and roll extremely well a majority of the time. It's not so much about skill and strategy if they roll doubles right when they need it, or roll a 6/2 (or whatever) when it's the best roll possible for them in a certain situation. You can't do anything if your opponent just keeps rolling perfectly.

You are saying it is rigged?

Lar, did Willy have Starks as his RB? Cannot remember what years they were both there...

I notice I don't do well in races, lar. Where it is almost all luck from that point when you are within a few pips of one another

You are saying it is rigged?

It certainly seems that way. At least with the 2 or 3 I've tried. Next time you play, before your opponent rolls, figure out which result (or 2 or 3) would be the best for him in the situation...and then see what they roll. It'll be uncanny at some point how often they roll "the nuts."

Even simply changing levels within the game/app will show you that the difference in the levels is really nothing more than better rolling results. The novice level guy will roll horribly, while the top level guy will roll as perfectly as he possibly can.

Ahhh at least I had the conference right...I feel like we should randomly try to name the schools for these guys without looking them up

CJ Gable - USC...that one I almost remember more from his recruiting hype than actual play

Lar, did Willy have Starks as his RB? Cannot remember what years they were both there...

Willy wasn't starting when Starks was here from what I remember. It may have been Joe Licata under center.

If Peg cannot win against this opponent, turning it over this many times, when are they going to win?

Actually Scarf, it looks like they did play together. In 2008, the year UB played in a bowl game (in Toronto), they were both on the squad. Willy started more than I realized he did...I didn't think he started until Starks was gone, but it looks like Willy was gone first, or they graduated together. Shows how awful UB football is that not many people, from around here even, follow it very closely.

Actually Scarf, it looks like they did play together. In 2008, the year UB played in a bowl game (in Toronto), they were both on the squad. Willy started more than I realized he did...I didn't think he started until Starks was gone, but it looks like Willy was gone first, or they graduated together. Shows how awful UB football is that not many people, from around here even, follow it very closely.

I remember that there was enormous value on UB during the Starks years as they always seemed to be underrated by the lines makers...he was a damn good back for them.

2008 was 50 years after UB declined the invite to the Tangerine Bowl because 2 black players were not going to be allowed to play in the game. It was the only other time UB had been invited to a bowl game, and they rightly turned it down...so 2008 was a pretty big deal for them.

Back