CFL In-game

I'm checking all CFL twitter accounts to see what they say. I'm sure they will twet once there is an update.

FWIW, long weather delays almost always favour the home team. Im thinking back a couple years...Hamilton @ Winnipeg was a close game until a long delay and then Winnipeg came out and thumped the cats badly. Toronto @ Hamilton 2 years ago on labour day, Hamilton was 0-8 and came out and won the game after the delay as I recall. Last season's opener Edmonton @ Winnipeg, multiple long delays (longest game in history) and Winnipeg took over and beat the favoured esks.

Also, if they add the 1:58 to the 2H, that will make it a long half. If we get a line, could an over have value based on 2 extra minutes? Problem is that blowout games tend to slow down once its out of reach.

Also...I see Toronto +110 to score next (Sask is -150). If they do as I expect, Toronto will get the ball after Sask's xp and have the 1:58 to score. Then since they kicked off the game, they will take it again after the 'halftime'. So its entirely possible they have back to back drives.

Ok confirmed. When the delay is over, they will play the xp then Toronto gets the ball for the final 1:39 of the half. Then the 2H will start with the Argos receiving the ball. So back-to-back drives for the Argos coming up after a lengthy delay. This is a BIG storm so it will be delayed for some time.

Took a quarter unit on Toronto to score next +110

Also, with a 26-0 lead built up (assuming the xp is good) and a lengthy delay, there won't be any crowd left after this. With no crowd, no atmosphere and no competition, I think this game slows down to a snail's pace. May look at adding the under live depending on the number.

Ok confirmed. When the delay is over, they will play the xp then Toronto gets the ball for the final 1:39 of the half. Then the 2H will start with the Argos receiving the ball. So back-to-back drives for the Argos coming up after a lengthy delay. This is a BIG storm so it will be delayed for some time.

Just to add to this...if the Argos are smart, they are scripting their 1:39 drive during the delay. With back-to-back drives coming up, this is their chance to get back into the game.

TejuLoh.png

Thanks I missed that. I wasn't aware of that rule.l

Looking at the radar, I doubt it goes that long. The radar really shows it passing quickly. The centre of the syustem is already just east of Regina and heading away. Doesn't look like anything coming behind it

We're coming up on the 2 hour mark and the radar is showing that the cells are all at least 40km past Regina now. Just some rain trailing behind it but no lightning in the area as far as I can see. Why no update from the CFL?

Could they deliberately push this past the 3 hour mark to avoid another embarrassing 50-7 type debacle being a topic in the media this week? [/conspiracy theory]

Zing!

Now lets see if the book honours that bet. They pulled the lines off the board about 10 minutes after I made it.

Its an interesting situation since the delay was called between the TD and XP. Its possible they didn't consider the touchdown 'complete' until the xp was attempted. It might come down to the official CFL digital play by play feed and whether it lists the TD before or after the delay. I feel pretty safe here but I've had books weasel out of more clear bets than this.

I hate how everything is a penalty these days. So hard to watch. I feel like I need to accept that football as I know it is coming to an end and I won't be interested in it in a few years

Back