CFB Rankings Week #4

Carolina Guy

Pretty much a regular
Colorado just beat their first ranked team this year (dates back seven years actually), has two losses and is ranked #10 prior to the new poll coming out.

Is this a bad year for college football?

Colorado just beat their first ranked team this year (dates back seven years actually), has two losses and is ranked #10 prior to the new poll coming out.

Is this a bad year for college football?

Not saying it's not, but when Colorado beat Oregon, they were ranked 22.

I wouldn't say 'limping'...both teams in lookahead spots in horrible weather conditions I'm not at all surprised they struggled.

Two weeks in a row for Michigan and at least two weeks for osu. Winner is still obv in the driver seat for #3 at worse.

Not saying it's not, but when Colorado beat Oregon, they were ranked 22.

Not saying you are wrong, but not according to college football final this morning on the U. I rewound it twice to make sure I accurately posted what I did up above.

To me it's a bit refreshing that college football has the amateur feel to it as opposed to semi-pro like it's been. The product isn't great, but it shouldn't be, they're amateurs.

That said I can't see anyone staying w/in 24 pts of Bama in a title game...they're kinda pro

Agree. No team Dominating other than bama.. But how good are they in a watered down sec year?

Doesn't help that sans Alabama, the SEC is hot garbage.

Does anyone here remember 1990 or, better yet, 1979, when the SEC was far, far worse?

In 1979, Bama went 12-0, national champions. Wake Forest finished second in the SEC. Well, not officially, but Wake did beat Georgia and Auburn who finished second (5-1) and tied for third (4-2), respectively. Meanwhile, second-place UGA went 0-3 against the ACC, losing to Wake, Clemson, and Virginia.

The next year, Georgia won the national championship. Go figure.

everybody is basically garbage. i don't even think bama is all that good but compared to everyone else, they are.

just looking at the playoff rankings... why would you have a team like WMU below a team like Nebraska. It makes no sense unless you are just going by who you would favor which is just plain stupid.

Not if oklahoma wins out

Wisconsin's two losses would be to Michigan and Ohio St both by 7 or less. Oklahoma lost by 21 to Ohio St and to Houston by 10. Wisconsin would have also beat 4 top 10 teams by that point and won a conference championship game. I actually have a bad feeling Minnesota pulls the upset this weekend and I don't think Wisconsin wins Big 10 title, but I can't see how you keep them out if they win out.

Still wishing Western Michigan could get a chance. Game day was there yesterday, and they still did not mention them in any playoff discussion. Not in any sense

Fondy, you are using resume as criteria. I thought we were taking best 4 teams? Lol at the games mattering.

Wisconsin's two losses would be to Michigan and Ohio St both by 7 or less. Oklahoma lost by 21 to Ohio St and to Houston by 10. Wisconsin would have also beat 4 top 10 teams by that point and won a conference championship game. I actually have a bad feeling Minnesota pulls the upset this weekend and I don't think Wisconsin wins Big 10 title, but I can't see how you keep them out if they win out.

top 10 wins don't matter, conference championships don't matter. The only thing that matters is name recognition.

Back