Carolinablue Week 1 College Football Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
First, I want to go on record saying Bitcoin is definitely the way to go as the process was simple, quick, painless and not filled with a bunch of fees or long waiting periods as everything was locked and loaded within a couple hours at most. For me, it made sense to grab the free $1K in plays from BOL even with the crazy rollover, as this initial deposit will run me through cbb season, so the rollover is irrelevant given the duration of time this deposit will carry me through as I will be using it for cfb all the way into cbb.

Final card for Week 0+1. Looking forward to another great season gents!

Confirmed Final Week 1 Plays. All plays are 1 unit. Free plays are "to win only".

Saturday August 26th (4-0 +3.419 units)
Hawaii -1 110 (FP) at UMass
Hawaii +3 116 at UMass
Hawaii ML +150 at UMass (Live action at BOL...7-7 end of 1Q)
BYU v PSU Under 52.5 in live action (small play)

Thursday August 31st (1-1 -.091 units)
Oklahoma State vs Tulsa O72 110
Arizona State vs NMSU O70.5 110

Friday September 1st (2-3 -1.28 units)
Fordham +18.5 115 at Army
Boston College -2.5 117 (FP) at NIU
Eastern Michigan -12 115 vs Charlotte

Florida Atlantic +13.5 110 vs Navy
Colorado State +7.5 115 at Colorado

Saturday September 2nd (6-0 +6.0 units)
South Alabama +26.5 110 (FP) at Ole Miss
Ball State +9 115 (FP) at Illinois
Marshall PK 110 vs Miami Ohio
Notre Dame -13.5 113 vs Temple
Troy +12.5 110 at Boise State
Hawaii -19 110 vs WCU

LSU -12 -110 vs BYU (play canceled due to venue change)

Last edited:
Definitely interested in hearing your take on the Hawaii/UMass game. I am leaning pretty hard the other way.

Added CSU +7.5 as I don't think I will get better than this between now and gametime, as I expect it to be a FG game either way and will probably put a little something on the ML once that is released.

Good luck CB. I may end up interested in CSU too. Want to make sure they escape game 1 without booboos first though.

Have a great year.

Good luck CB. I may end up interested in CSU too. Want to make sure they escape game 1 without booboos first though.

Have a great year.

Definitely a good point as I am taking a risk here for sure but I figure they will get the W in the first game and the line vs the Buffs will eventually settle in closer to 3.5 vs 7.5 when all is said and done. Always risky jumping on some of these early lines with more than a month to go before kickoff and the CSU one is even tougher since they are playing in "Week 0". Was leaning towards taking them against the Beavers but feel like the value is gone at 3.5 as by the time I got my season deposit in, I missed a few of the lines I had been considering, but it happens, so have learned not to sweat it too much. Best of luck to you this season as well my friend!

As crazy as it may seem, I actually think the Hawaii running game will be the deciding factor against UMass as I expect Diocemy Saint Juste to get about 150+ on the ground in this one, which will open up all sorts of opportunities for the passing game against the new DC at UMass. Should actually be a pretty fun one to watch as I am expecting a bunch of points to be scored, but just don't see how UMass can keep up with the Hawaii offense when all is said and done, coupled with the fact that the UMass defense actually makes Hawaii look like the Steel Curtain. Ok, that was definitely hyperbole there, but you get my point.

DON BEST - NCAA FOOTBALL INJURIES
College Football
Last Updated: August 4, 2017 7:28 54 AM
Baylor
Date Pos Player Injury Status
07/31/17 RB Terence Williams Shoulder out indefinitely

Florida
07/20/17 DB Marcell Harris Achilles out for season

Florida Atlantic
07/31/17 WR Kamrin Solomon Suspension out indefinitely
06/14/17 WR Kalib Woods Suspension out indefinitely

Indiana
08/01/17 DL Nile Sykes Undisclosed out for season

James Madison
12/31/16 LB Brandon Hereford Suspension expected to miss Saturday vs. Youngstown St
12/31/16 WR Terrence Alls Suspension expected to miss Saturday vs. Youngstown St

LSU
08/02/17 G Maea Teuhema Suspension out indefinitely

Mississippi
08/02/17 DB Kendarius Webster Possible Suspension "?" Saturday vs. South Alabama

NW MISSOURI STATE
12/16/16 QB Kyle Zimmerman Shoulder is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. North Alabama

Ohio
07/31/17 RB Maleek Irons Suspension out for season

Pittsburgh U
07/31/17 WR Tre Tripton Knee out for season
07/29/17 OL Alex Bookser Suspension expected to miss Saturday vs Youngstown State.
07/29/17 DB Jordan Whitehead Suspension expected to miss first 3 games of the season (eligible to return 9/23 vs Georgia Tech)
07/29/17 LB Quintin Wirginis Suspension expected to miss first 3 games of the season (eligible to return 9/23 vs Georgia Tech)

Utah
08/01/17 DB Chase Hansen Undisclosed "?"Thursday vs North Dakota

West Virginia
07/12/17 LB David Long Knee out indefinitely

Youngstown St
12/31/16 WR Darien Townsend Undisclosed expected to miss Saturday vs. James Madison
12/31/16 S Jameel Smith Undisclosed expected to miss Saturday vs. James Madison
12/31/16 LB Lee Wright Suspension "?" Saturday vs. James Madison
12/31/16 S LeRoy Alexander Undisclosed expected to miss Saturday vs. James Madison
12/31/16 RB Martin Ruiz Suspension expected to miss Saturday vs. James Madison

Added FAU +13.5 vs Navy

I have this one at 7 and I expect the line to start coming down closer to 12.5 vs 14.5 so will take the 13.5 while I can get it as I don't see it getting back over 14 again.

Also leaning towards ULM but going to wait on this one as I expect Memphis to be a popular play as we get closer to kickoff, so going to wait this one out as I think I will be able to get 28.5 110 if I am patient, and I really like getting 5 scores in this one so willing to wait.

Also locked in Notre Dame at 13.5 as I don't think I will see under 14 again as I would be shocked if this one isn't closer to 17 by game time.

Looking forward to a couple of totals as I think ASU, OK ST, and a few other overs may be worth a look if they open at reasonable numbers.

Okie State offensive is being touted as high scoring so it'll be interesting to see how inflated they'll be.

Okie State offensive is being touted as high scoring so it'll be interesting to see how inflated they'll be.

I'm hoping low 70s at the highest but probably wishful thinking as I could see a 52-28 type of game but not into okie st enough to lay the big number as I just don't trust their defense even against what should be an overmatched Tulsa squad.

Here is how the card looks as of right now. I also called out the 4 FP at BOL since those will be to win with no bankroll units risked, but they carry the same weight as normal plays, as I only play what qualifies, whether it is a FP or not.

Confirmed Week 1 Plays to Date

Saturday August 26th
Hawaii -1 110 (FP) at UMass

Friday September 1st
Boston College -2.5 110 (FP) at NIU
Eastern Michigan -12 115 vs Charlotte
Florida Atlantic +13.5 110 vs Navy

Saturday September 2nd
South Alabama +26.5 110 (FP) at Ole Miss
Ball State +9 115 (FP) at Illinois
Colorado State +7.5 115 at Colorado
Marshall PK 110 vs Miami Ohio
Notre Dame -13.5 113 vs Temple
Troy +12.5 110 at Boise State

Totals starting to come out at BOL with small opening limits of 250 a pop. Have no interest in any of these 4, but just wanted to give a heads up in case any of you guys were keeping an eye out for opening totals.

Rot. Team Spread Money Line Total Points Team Points
Saturday, Aug 26, 2017 - NCAA Football Game
02:30 PM 291 Oregon State +3½ -105 o Ov 62 -105 o
292 Colorado State -3½ -115 o Un 62 -115 o

07:00 PM 293 Hawaii -1 -110 o Ov 64 -105 o
294 Massachusetts +1 -110 o Un 64 -115 o

07:30 PM 295 South Florida -20 -110 o Ov 66 -105 o
296 San Jose State +20 -110 o Un 66 -115 o

10:00 PM 297 Rice +31½ -115 o Ov 51 -110 o
298 Stanford -31½ -105 o Un 51 -110 o

Last 2 plays of opening weekend, going with two overs as I am banking on porous defenses all the way around to help both of these get to 80+. What that said, both games will probably be 0-0 at the end of the first quarter LOL.

Okie State vs Tulsa Over 72 110
Ariz State vs NMSU Over 70.5 110

Be curious to see if I can get an Ok St team total because it will be open season on anything less than 59

Be curious to see if I can get an Ok St team total because it will be open season on anything less than 59

Based on the line and total, I think you are gonna be good as I figure it would come in around 45.5 give or take. I actually see this as a 52-28 type of game worst case, so I will be right there with you if the team total is in the 45 range.

Good luck this season, mr. blue. I'm always interested to see what you are playing.

Like the south Alabama, hurt the man this year (clover)

Thanks man, got a couple points value on that one as I locked it in before everything hit the fan, but I would still take it at the current number as I see them making this a lot more interesting than Ole Miss fans probably would like.

Hawaii line is now up to +2.5 so definitely guessed wrong on that one, but still don't think it matters as I have them winning straight up by at least 7 in what should be a fun game to watch.

Random thoughts....Football - 173 Ball State +9 -115 for Game

Ball State lost 4 games last year by a TD or less and 6 of their 8 losses were by 10 or less, mainly due to their inability to score in the redzone, as turnovers and FGs were the norm instead of touchdowns, and as a result, Ball State wasn't able to win the close ones last year. In fact, BSU was ranked #114 in terms of red zone scoring % which made them one of the worst in the country when it came to getting points when it mattered. The good news about the opening weekend game vs Illinois is that I was able to snag +9 as I think there is value in this one at anything over 7, as Illinois only beat 2 teams last year by more than a TD, and those two teams were Murray State and Rutgers.

When I look at all the various areas that Ball State struggles in, I don't see Illinois being able to take advantage of all the BSU weaknesses. For example, BSU was ranked #109 in 3rd down conversion defense last year, which inevitably led to a tired worn down defense that couldn't get off the field at crucial times. The thing is though, Illinois was the #127 ranked team when it came to converting on 3rd down, so this is one example where BSU's weakness isn't likely to be exploited by an Illini strength, as if BSU is going to solve their 3rd down defensive woes against anyone, it has to be against one of the worst 3rd down offenses in football.

Here are a few more examples...

Ball State was #115 in giveaways, but Illinois was only #87 in takeaways
Ball State was #106 in takeaways, but Illinois was #92 in giveaways
Ball State was #86 in red zone defense, but Illinois was #103 in red zone offense

The rushing game of Ball State should help take some pressure off the QB position, and the Illini rush defense should allow for some opportunities even though BSU lost 3/5 off their OL. Ball State was #20 in yards/rush and #27 in rush yards per game, while Illinois was #85 and #111 defensively in those two categories. I also like the fact that even though Ball State struggled last year, they were still a highly disciplined team as they were ranked 5th last year in terms of fewest penalties per play, while Illinois on the other hand was ranked #87 in this same category. One last thing is the fact that Illinois was ranked #111 in terms of opponent's completion percentage last year, so if Ball State can get the running game going, it should open things up for play action as well.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if BSU wins SU as I see these two teams as being more similar than different, and I expect the line to be under 7 before gameday. Barring a slew of turnovers by Ball State, I expect this one to be a one possession game that could spell the first stop in Lovie Smith's dead man walking tour 2017.

Like Boston College, Eastern Michigan and Ball State. Also think that Hawaii beats UMASS as the Minuteman front four is vastly undersized. Gl this year.

Have a season blue, only against a couple but one is because I'm not sure ASU score 24 points

Hawaii now up to +3. Going to keep an eye on this one today as I will probably play a true unit on it before kickoff as right now it is a to win only free play. If the ML gets to 140, I will probably take that instead of the points. Will update on here if I do. Man, can't wait for the games to start today!

Like Boston College, Eastern Michigan and Ball State. Also think that Hawaii beats UMASS as the Minuteman front four is vastly undersized. Gl this year.

I actually think the difference in this one will be the Hawaii running game as we all know both teams can pass, both defenses are porous, etc etc, but Hawaii has the ability to run the ball and should be able to control the game in the trenches and wear down UMass so by the time the 4th quarter rolls around I am expecting the UMass defense to give up a few big plays after a game filled with "body blows" from the Hawaii big boys. We shall see...

FYI - The Hawaii v UMass game will be on the Eleven Network, which I can't believe I actually just found on Directv 623. International field hockey is on right now haha.

Which is the best random prop? I will be watching Stanford vs Rice by the way.

Entertainment Props
Justin Bieber wears hat during walkout

08:00 PM 40042 Yes -170
40043 No +140

Entertainment Props
Justin Bieber wears sunglasses during walkout

08:00 PM 40040 Yes -185
40041 No +155

Entertainment Props
Lil Wayne wears a shirt during walkout

08:00 PM 40049 Yes -180
40050 No +150