Carolinablue Week 1 College Football Plays

Added Hawaii +3 as an actual play to my card to go along with the fp on Hawaii I already have locked in. Missed the 105 so got stuck with 116 but I think this one is gonna start moving the other direction so locked in the 3 when I could.

Hawaii +3 116 at UMass

Just put a Benjamin on BYU v PSU Under 52.5 in live action. Not sure how PSU is gonna score so if I can get to half with BYU up 21-0 worst case, then I will feel pretty good about this one.

Last edited:
Can't resist based on watching the entire BYU vs PSU game so far. Not impressed at all by the BYU OL/DL, secondary or offense. I understand they are not gonna show everything in this one with LSU on deck next week, but they have shown absolutely nothing against an obviously inferior PSU team that may not win 5 games in FCS this year.

Football - 184 LSU -12 -110 for Game

Solid start to the season picking up 3.7 units on day one, but man did Hawaii make me work for it. Game could have gone either way, so I feel fortunate that they were able to pull it out in the end as this one was too much of a coin flip for me to have as much riding on it as I did.

Well done yesterday CB, keep it going :cheers3:

Thanks KJ! No rest for the weary as I am going through the Week 2 (9/9 weekend) games right now so I can be ready when those lines come out after Week 1 wraps up next weekend.

Good work. When you get to the Boise - Wash State game in week 2 let me know what you come up with. I'm thinking that one may come out a little short.

Good work. When you get to the Boise - Wash State game in week 2 let me know what you come up with. I'm thinking that one may come out a little short.

I always start out with the non televised under the radar non Power 5 matchups first as that is where I usually find the most value at open, but will check out that one as soon as I can and let you know what I come up in terms of projected line.

Looks like my LSU play at -12 could end up getting canceled by BOL as it will be a scratch if not played at the scheduled site, as per their rules. Just a heads up for others, as policies may vary by book.

With heavy flooding having already hit Houston, and more to come this week, it appears that LSU football's season opener could be moved out of NRG Stadium.

Both LSU and BYU "are committed to playing the game Saturday in a different city", SBNation's Steven Godfrey reported through a source on Sunday morning.

SBNation also reported that "officials from both schools will meet with ESPN on Sunday to discuss moving the game away from Houston’s NRG Stadium. Two potential relocation sites are LSU’s Tiger Stadium or New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome."

This is the third year in a row that LSU's football team has faced weather-related issues involving a game. Two years ago, LSU's season opener against McNeese State was cancelled due to heavy rain and lightning in the area, and later that same season, the Tigers welcomed South Carolina to Tiger Stadium after flooding hit the South Carolina campus ahead of LSU's scheduled trip to play the Gamecocks. Last season, Hurricane Matthew forced LSU's trip to Florida to be rescheduled and moved to Baton Rouge, which in turn forced the Tigers to cancel a home game against South Alabama.

On Saturday, Advocare Texas Kickoff officials released the following statement.

"The safety of everyone is our No. 1 priority. We are continuing to monitor Harvey and the impact it has on the Houston area and Gulf Coast closely and will provide more details when they become available."

LSU -12 was canceled as expected due to the change in venue. No harm, no foul there as the policy is clearly stated in the rules, so not a big deal at all.

Fedora Gives Update on UNC QB Battle (ICTV)

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- A quick glance at UNC's official week one depth chart ahead of the season opener against Cal showed three quarterbacks listed.

6 - Brandon Harris (6-3, 220, Gr.) OR 12 - Chazz Surratt (6-3, 215, Fr.) OR 11 - Nathan Elliott (6-1, 215, So.)

There is "no update," head coach Larry Fedora said on Monday morning during his game week press conference inside the Kenan Football Center.

Fedora does not expect to name a quarterback publicly until game day.

Does he anticipate taking the competition to Saturday? "I do. Yeah I do," Fedora said.

Does he anticipate more than one quarterback taking snaps on Saturday? "That is a possibility," Fedora answered.

Surratt's emergence in preseason camp has made the competition and the staff's ultimate decision more challenging. Surratt arrived on UNC's campus in June of 2016. The Parade Magazine Player of the Year and one of the more decorated high school quarterbacks in North Carolina high school history, Surratt came to Chapel Hill as the prototypical dual-threat signal-caller with dynamic playmaking ability.

After redshirting as a freshman, Fedora saod that Surratt has improved drastically since the spring.

"I think he's gotten quite a bit better than he was last year," the sixth-year UNC head coach said. "I think that is just a full year into it and understanding the expectations and how we practice and what the focus has to be each day to be an elite quarterback.

"Sitting behind Trubisky for a year and watching him and watching how he approached each and every day and what he did was really good for him."

Coming into preseason camp at the beginning of August, Harris was the perceived favorite to win the job. The challenges of learning a new system are well known, particularly transitioning from LSU's pro-style offense to UNC's spread format. Gaining an understanding of the new verbiage and the speed with which the UNC offense can run, combined with the lack of a huddle, is tough. It is comparable to learning a new language.

Harris arrived at UNC in June, but could not work with the coaching staff until August. It has been a steep learning curve, but after four weeks Fedora said he feels good with Harris's development

"He's improved quite a bit in the few weeks that he has been here just as far as the communication and understanding the offense and what we expect," Fedora explained on Monday. "I am comfortable with where he is right now."

Fedora would have liked to have named a quarterback by now. He would have liked to name one after the spring. He said as much at the ACC Kickoff in July. But, with five days until the Tar Heels take the field to face the Golden Bears, there remains no clear-cut leader. "I would prefer that someone had separated two months ago and we had named a starter...but that is just not the way it is in this situation. So this is what we have to deal with. We've got guys that are competing for a job and we were hoping that somebody would separate themselves sooner than now. It hasn't happened, but that doesn't change our plan and the way we go forward.

"The extension of (the quarterback competition) has just been because no one was has separated themselves."

UNC has options. There has been healthy competition throughout camp with each quarterback pushing the other. The emergence of Surratt could easily be traced to Harris's presence on the team and Harris's improvement can be linked to the young gun from East Lincoln pushing him.

"I would have done it exactly like we did it," Fedora said when asked about the quarterback situation and bringing Harris to UNC. "Brandon brings something that none of the guys have --- his game experience. We needed somebody in that room with game experience."

Fedora will roll out one of three guys to take the first offensive snap on Saturday. But, don't be surprised to see more than one under center by day's end.

UNC's RB Competition Still Unsettled (Inside Carolina)

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- With the release of North Carolina’s first depth chart of the preseason on Monday, Larry Fedora confirmed the competition at tailback is just as heated as the battles for playing time at quarterback and wide receiver.

“We know for sure that we’re going to play multiple guys at that position,” Fedora told reporters on Monday. “We’re going to get a feel for the game like we always do with the running back. Who has the hot hand? Who’s making the offense better when they’re on the field? That guy is going to get the majority of the snaps. But there’s no doubt in my mind that we’ll probably play two-to-three guys at that position.”

The running-back-by-committee approach is a staple in Fedora’s hurry-up, no-huddle scheme. Last season, Elijah Hood and T.J. Logan combined 1,508 yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground.

The depth chart for Saturday’s opener against California has sophomore Jordon Brown and freshman Michael Carter listed as co-starters. Auburn grad transfer Stanton Truitt, who missed practice time in training camp due to injury, is also in the mix along with converted linebackers Johnathon Sutton and Kayne Roberts.

While Brown and Carter will likely play significant snaps against the Bears, Fedora hinted that Brown may have the slight edge due to experience. The Durham, N.C. native played in five games last year, accumulating 45 rushing yards on 20 attempts and scoring his first career touchdown against Stanford in the Sun Bowl.

While the in-game experience was minimal, Fedora said that just being present with the team for the duration of the season gives Brown a step up over his competition.

“He traveled the entire year, so he’s been through a game day situation, the night in the hotel, all the things that you tend to overlook, but they’re different for a new player,” Fedora said. “From every aspect, from the bus ride to the hotel, to the victory walk into the stadium… all of those things, for me, that I worry about for every one of these guys until they get experience and have done it.”

Feel pretty good about the value I have gotten in most of the early lines I locked in, as even though I started a little later than normal this year due to making sure I researched the whole bitcoin thing enough to feel comfortable with how to play the market to my advantage, for the most part the lines have moved as predicted with the exception of the total on the Okie State vs Tulsa game which has dropped a couple points so far.

Will definitely take that trade off though when I see some of the movement on games like Notre Dame (now 18.5), BC (now 4), Ball State (now 6.5). USA (now 24), FAU (now 9), EMU (now 14), and Troy (now 11) to name a few. Based on my analysis of the matchups, I don't think most of these moves will matter with the exception of the ones that have crossed certain numbers (ie ND crossing 17, BSU falling under 7, BC crossing 3 and FAU falling under 10).

Decided to not be greedy so not playing any ML dogs this week, which of course means that more than half of them will probably cash easily, so lock em in while you can haha.

Good stuff on Ball St and your number is good. Like you said it is trending to fall below 7 now.

I was trying to justify some reasons to play on Ball St, being that I bet on game day there may be no value left to do so.

I did want to add that as bad as the ILL run D was last year, that was with some pretty seasoned DL and thought-to-be decent players. Now those dude are gone, they actually did have alot of TFL for as bad as they were (95), but something like 70% of those TFLs are gone. With Neal entering his 3rd year at QB, it is going to be hard for ILL to sellout vs the run because Neal will make plays to beat them. I might think that with Crouch getting a full off season of camp with starting potential in mind and if Dudek can atleast be servicable, if not good, that Illini efficiency on O has a chance at getting better this year, they were simply a train wreck at QB last year.

I'm kind of a Riley Neal fan - best of luck to you!!

Good stuff on Ball St and your number is good. Like you said it is trending to fall below 7 now.

I was trying to justify some reasons to play on Ball St, being that I bet on game day there may be no value left to do so.

I did want to add that as bad as the ILL run D was last year, that was with some pretty seasoned DL and thought-to-be decent players. Now those dude are gone, they actually did have alot of TFL for as bad as they were (95), but something like 70% of those TFLs are gone. With Neal entering his 3rd year at QB, it is going to be hard for ILL to sellout vs the run because Neal will make plays to beat them. I might think that with Crouch getting a full off season of camp with starting potential in mind and if Dudek can atleast be servicable, if not good, that Illini efficiency on O has a chance at getting better this year, they were simply a train wreck at QB last year.

I'm kind of a Riley Neal fan - best of luck to you!!

Good stuff man, thanks for adding value to the thread!

Always nice to get 55 on the scoreboard in the first half when you have an over, although the 2nd half was a little too conservative for my taste to make it a closer play than necessary. Luckily both defense failed when it came to defending against quick scores just as projected, leading to a nice hit on the over as there were plenty of big plays to go around from start to finish. Not sure what to make of Tulsa, as I probably won't have another play for/against them this season.

Random thoughts...

As far as OSU goes, still not sold on their defense, although it probably won't matter much in the Big12, but just don't see them making any noise on the national scene without solid defensive play, as Tulsa was clearly overmatched and yet still had a number of big plays against the Cowboys defense, and actually could have put up more points if not for poor execution by their offense. One could argue that Okie State really only gave up 10 as the Tulsa TD on the return was not on the OSU defense, and the long run in garbage time is really inconsequential, but after watching the entire game, I saw Tulsa miss a ton of opportunities as they were behind the defense more than a few times, but just didn't have a QB who could get the ball in the right place, or when he did, the WRs just couldn't make plays when it counted.

Didn't see a lick of the ASU v NMSU game, but based on the box score it looks like I didn't have a realistic chance in that one as even with a 25 point 4th coupled with a hail mary at the end I was still a FG short. Game was probably closer to going over than it should have been as I was definitely off in my read on that one even though ASU defense failed as expected, but I thought NMSU would give up at least 45 to 50, so misread on my part.

1-1 on Thursday after a 4-0 start in Week 0. Nice slate tonight with 4 games on the horizon starting with the early evening matchup Ypsilanti. Should be a fun night!

Didn't see a lick of the ASU v NMSU game, but based on the box score it looks like I didn't have a realistic chance in that one as even with a 25 point 4th coupled with a hail mary at the end I was still a FG short. Game was probably closer to going over than it should have been as I was definitely off in my read on that one even though ASU defense failed as expected, but I thought NMSU would give up at least 45 to 50, so misread on my part.

1-1 on Thursday after a 4-0 start in Week 0. Nice slate tonight with 4 games on the horizon starting with the early evening matchup Ypsilanti. Should be a fun night!

I was on Over 69 and NM St + in that one. There were 3 xtra pts left off the board (a miss, a blk and the final one they didn't attempt after final TD with :00), a missed 56y FG before half and then NM St failed on two 2-pt attempts in the 4th. No surprise that Az St got 6 sacks, although they were alot less blitz happy, so Graham hasn't influenced Bennett's play calling game 1 atleast. Big surprise that NM St got 7 sacks!! They had 12 all of last year. Wilkins looked great passing, he kept his scrambling under wraps mostly. NM St did a lot of quick passing with some well designed routes to get guys open and some of the receivers made some great catches. Would be nice to see Ags play with that kind of consistency and efficiency all year and have a good year.

Rogers for NMSU is very capable of a couple monster games this season and Jaleel Scott is an absolute stud, he may well sneak up into the first couple rounds of the draft next year. I'm very high on Washington and Sutton this season but holy shit, Scott became a superstar last night...going to certainly be paying some attention to that NMSU offense the next couple weeks.

Late add...

Fordham +18.5 115 at Army

You knew I had to have at least one totally obscure game on the list!

Would not be shocked if Fordham wins this one in a shootout, as I have no confidence that Fordham will be able to stop the Army rushing attack, but I think Fordham will also be able to run the ball on the Army defense, so I am expecting a one possession game for the most part throughout. Will see how it goes.

Interesting, don't know anything about Fordam though. Do see they've played Army in 14 (11 pt Army win) and 15 (2 pt Fordam win).

Interesting, don't know anything about Fordam though. Do see they've played Army in 14 (11 pt Army win) and 15 (2 pt Fordam win).

This is pretty much the definition of a "variance" play for me as I had Army by 11, something like 38-27, so getting an "extra" 7.5pts made this one easy once I actually saw it at BOL. Have no idea what the open was as by the time I saw it earlier today it was 18.5 115, so I jumped on it as to me anything over 17 is value. Guess we shall see in a few hours!

Line is now at +19, but no difference between 18.5/19 to me. Thought it would move the other way though, but what do I know haha.

Just noticed my fp on BC is at 117 so noted correction above. 5 plays on tap for tonight with 1 being a fp and the rest being standard plays. All of my plays were locked in between 7/11-8/8 with the exception of Fordham which I just added earlier this afternoon while at the gym, when I saw the game added to the BOL lineup.

Year to Date 5-1
+3.328 units

Friday 9/1 Lineup

Mobile - FOOTBALL - 233 Fordham +18½ -115 for GAME
Football - 142 Eastern Michigan -12 -115 for Game
Football - 146 Florida Atlantic +13½ -110 for Game
Football - 149 Boston College -2½ -117 for Game
Football - 146 Florida Atlantic +13½ -110 for Game

At least I got my worst play of the season out of the way early....What in the heck was I thinking with Fordham haha.

Friday Results 2-3 - 1.28 units

Year to Date 7-4 +2.048 units

Saturday 9/2 Card Summary
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 188 Notre Dame -13½ -113 for GAME
Mobile - FOOTBALL - 207 Troy +12½ -110 for GAME
Football - 158 Marshall pk -110 for Game
Football - 179 South Alabama +26½ -115 for Game (fp)
Football - 173 Ball State +9 -115 for Game (fp)

CB. Did you get a chance to see the segment on espn of new Uni's. That Carolina practice helms the w/ the Jumpman looked awesome. I liked Carolina's new unis as well

CB. Did you get a chance to see the segment on espn of new Uni's. That Carolina practice helms the w/ the Jumpman looked awesome. I liked Carolina's new unis as well

No, I didn't see that segment, but I got an email about the unis as part of the weekly alumni communication and yes I agree they do look sweet.

Gonna take Uber to the sports bar in a few hours to catch the UNC 12:20pm kickoff, so I apologize in advance for any erratic posts made during the Saturday in-game later tonight as today will be one of those 12 hour binge days, hence the reason why I just got back from the gym after an hour workout... LOL

2 drinks then 1 water combo is the way to go

Yeah, I plan to binge on wings and nachos along with alcohol, but I am getting old so definitely have to pace myself. Friends will be dropping in throughout the afternoon and they know not to bother me with a whats up until a commercial happens.

How did the end of the BC game play out by the way? I was out cold with about 3 mins or so left I think so didn't know the result until I checked my BOL account this morning.

Added play

Football - 306 Hawaii -19 -110 for Game

Longest road trip in history for the boys from Cullowhee, coupled with a porous WCU defense that doesn't have the athletes that Hawaii has, paired with the fact that Hawaii has some momentum after the comeback win last week, and then add in the fact that Dru Brown should be able to pick apart WCU all night long while WCU will get some opportunities against that Hawaii defense, but they just won't be able to keep up as the game goes on into the wee hours of the morning, spells at least a 45 point night for Hawaii and I don't see WCU being able to put up more than 17.

Nice call on Ball St. I didn't play them as number was 4.5 when it came time for me to get down, but did watch good bit of it. BSU DL often overmatched ILL OL. Ball was great on 3rd down, especially 3rd qrt. Too bad they weren't able to pull the outright win, 4th qrt special teams let them down (allowed big punt ret then had game tying FG blk'd with just a few seconds left).

6-0 on Saturday +6.0 units

Got a few bounces to go my way Saturday as it could have easily went the other way, but thankful for the very very profitable day after tripping up a bit on Friday. Hope you guys have a great holiday weekend!

Year to Date 13-4 +8.048 units.

Nice call on Ball St. I didn't play them as number was 4.5 when it came time for me to get down, but did watch good bit of it. BSU DL often overmatched ILL OL. Ball was great on 3rd down, especially 3rd qrt. Too bad they weren't able to pull the outright win, 4th qrt special teams let them down (allowed big punt ret then had game tying FG blk'd with just a few seconds left).

Thanks man, I was watching this one on one of the side tv's at the sports bar and it was actually a good game to watch as teams looked pretty evenly matched for the most part, so was glad to have the 9 in my back pocket.

Back