Carolinablue Bowl Season Plays

carolinablue

College Football Guru
Week 16 ended up being my best week of the season as my biggest play in years with Alabama 1H -9.5 at 3.5 units came through. Ended up 10.5-7 on the weekend overall with Buffalo killing on Friday (1-3), but with a nice bounce back on Saturday (9.5-4) led by the Tide.

69.5-62 year to date

2 units each...

Clemson -7 115
Alabama -19 115

Was hoping for 6.5 and 16.5 but I think both lines go nowhere but up as I could see Clemson around 8.5 to 9.5 and Bama around 21, so figured I would lock em in while I could.

Really like this team
Completely agree, as they are very well rounded and well coached and also just fun to watch, as they play well to their strengths. Also, nothing against Ball State but I would have liked to see SJSU get a chance against a little bit higher level of competition during bowl season, but hopefully they come out fired up and dismantle BSU in this one.

Completely agree, as they are very well rounded and well coached and also just fun to watch, as they play well to their strengths. Also, nothing against Ball State but I would have liked to see SJSU get a chance against a little bit higher level of competition during bowl season, but hopefully they come out fired up and dismantle BSU in this one.
They should. The 2h vs Nevada then the game against Boise they balled out

I wanted to see coastal get a step up. Liberty is a nice team but thought coastal deserved a shot at a big boy, especially after already beating byu

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – North Carolina’s Dyami Brown announced his decision to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft on Monday morning.

The junior wide receiver will also opt out of the Capital One Orange Bowl. The 13th-ranked Tar Heels will play No. 5 Texas A&M in Miami Gardens on Jan. 2.

North Carolina senior running back Michael Carter will forego the Orange Bowl and enter the 2021 NFL Draft. The 5-foot-8, 199-pound Florida native made the announcement on his Twitter account on Monday morning.

Adding...

Tulsa ML 139

Probably should have just played this at 2.5 but with the way Tulsa plays, I could see this one ending up like 17-16 or 24-23, so feel more comfortable just picking the winner in this one.

I wanted to see coastal get a step up. Liberty is a nice team but thought coastal deserved a shot at a big boy, especially after already beating byu

Anyone have a pulse on either program? Is there any disappointment sensed within Coastal for not having a national showcase chance like they had vs a team like BYU?

People say that Liberty and Coastal are rivals from days dating back to when they were both FCS. I'm wondering if Liberty might be a little more excited this is their game than Coastal is?

Adding...

Tulsa ML 139

Probably should have just played this at 2.5 but with the way Tulsa plays, I could see this one ending up like 17-16 or 24-23, so feel more comfortable just picking the winner in this one.
Astute move here. Agree with your sentiment.

I wonder what Tulsa's 2nd H ATS record is this year? I bet it is fantastic.

Anyone have a pulse on either program? Is there any disappointment sensed within Coastal for not having a national showcase chance like they had vs a team like BYU?

People say that Liberty and Coastal are rivals from days dating back to when they were both FCS. I'm wondering if Liberty might be a little more excited this is their game than Coastal is?

I heard a little bit of an interview with Chadwell. He did say that players and coaches were disappointed to be so close to a New Years 6 game and not get it. At the same time he said they are not disappointed with the opponent , Liberty is a "bitter rival of ours". They've played 14 games in FCS and are 7-7.

So overall, Coastal isn't happy about their situation, but the fact they are playing Liberty would seem to help vs if they were matched against somebody else.

Astute move here. Agree with your sentiment.
Honestly probably driven by more 1/2 point beats than I care to remember, as I tend to forget the 1/2 point wins, but those 1/2 point losses tend to stay with me longer, but with all that said, I hope Tulsa wins by 30.

Everything I have heard here in the Carolinas is that Coastal is all about making a statement and also securing an undefeated season, so I would not be surprised to see them win big, but I just don't have enough feel for this one either way to make it a play, but if I was going to pick a side, it would be Coastal.

Honestly probably driven by more 1/2 point beats than I care to remember, as I tend to forget the 1/2 point wins, but those 1/2 point losses tend to stay with me longer, but with all that said, I hope Tulsa wins by 30.

I agree, and I'm sure I probably lose more than it's worth, but I refuse to sit on a bet with a half point at the end of it and always buy it off.

I agree, and I'm sure I probably lose more than it's worth, but I refuse to sit on a bet with a half point at the end of it and always buy it off.
I've been getting killed on that...I've probably lost 4-5 college hoops games by a 1/2 point already and several college football games this year like you. My problem is that since I switched to the legal books, they give you the ability to shop lines, but the value is horrendous, and most of the time you can't find the option for just a 1/2 point buy. You'll see the menu for any line you want, but if the posted line is 1.5 for example and you like the dog, sometimes the next closest available line is +3. When I like the favorite in situations like that, I've just been laying the ML like you did.

I've been getting killed on that...I've probably lost 4-5 college hoops games by a 1/2 point already and several college football games this year like you. My problem is that since I switched to the legal books, they give you the ability to shop lines, but the value is horrendous, and most of the time you can't find the option for just a 1/2 point buy. You'll see the menu for any line you want, but if the posted line is 1.5 for example and you like the dog, sometimes the next closest available line is +3. When I like the favorite in situations like that, I've just been laying the ML like you did.
My site, Safebet 365, offers lines in half point increments and the juice is tolerable.

For example, right now Houston is -8.5 -105. I could get -8 for -112 or -7.5 for -119. I took the Warriors +9.5 for -119 because I already missed +10.

I have lost 6 cbb games by a 1/2 point so far this year, as last time out I bought my Heels from 2 to 2.5 and they lost by 3....brutal because the final line was -2 so I thought I had solid value with +2.5....

It's funny, because I hate pushes so I am usually sitting on a half and probably 99% of the time it never comes into play, but boy do I remember those 1%!

The killer for me most ncaa hoops seasons is unders going to ot! Can’t begin to tell ya how many of those have burnt me over the years! Some suggest play the 1st half under to avoid that but 1st half unders are one the most stressful bets in sports imo! Seems like a huge majority of those come down to the last 2-3 possessions with a last second 3 deciding the outcome! Even with the bad ot beats I rather have the whole 40 minutes for my bet to play out as it mostly just numbers for me.

Georgia -6.5 110

was expecting 8

will they care? That always my concern when you get a group of 5 like cincy who you know gonna treat it like their super bowl!! On the other side the only incentive is not wanting to be one the power 5s to lose to the little guys!! Sometimes that enough but don’t think it quite the motivator the little guys who come in with a huge chip have!! On paper obviously not usually a great case for the group of 5 squad. I’m not even convinced cincy better than coastal, sjst, or byu for that matter.

bummed me out big time when I saw this matchup. I was dying to get sjst catching bunch of points vs a disinterested power 5. This a total bummer imo.

The killer for me most ncaa hoops seasons is unders going to ot! Can’t begin to tell ya how many of those have burnt me over the years! Some suggest play the 1st half under to avoid that but 1st half unders are one the most stressful bets in sports imo! Seems like a huge majority of those come down to the last 2-3 possessions with a last second 3 deciding the outcome! Even with the bad ot beats I rather have the whole 40 minutes for my bet to play out as it mostly just numbers for me.
I had three losses like that last Saturday.

They should. The 2h vs Nevada then the game against Boise they balled out

i wanted to see liberty vs a power 5 too. I mean we have already seen them compete and beat one acc team and lose on blocked fg to another. Would have liked to see both these squads get shots at big boys but this should be a really good game we were supposed to get few weeks back! I was all set to play liberty catching 7 then of course got crushed playing byu vs coastal. I still think byu coach was the reason they lost that game not the talent on the field. I could just be bitter tho!! Lol

I had three losses like that last Saturday.

man those are the worst. I havnt been betting ncaa hoops this year or I’m sure id be in same boat. Ive had a freaking ton of these the last few years. 2 years ago was the worst I can remember, seemed like I had one every damn night! Last year wasn’t as bad, I even recall cashing a few despite ot! Those make you feel really good about your bet when they can’t get there in 5 extra minutes!!! Lol

will they care? That always my concern when you get a group of 5 like cincy who you know gonna treat it like their super bowl!! On the other side the only incentive is not wanting to be one the power 5s to lose to the little guys!! Sometimes that enough but don’t think it quite the motivator the little guys who come in with a huge chip have!! On paper obviously not usually a great case for the group of 5 squad. I’m not even convinced cincy better than coastal, sjst, or byu for that matter.
Definitely something to consider, but I think Georgia may feel like they have something to prove as all anyone is talking about SEC wise is Bama and then A&M and then Florida, as Georgia is an afterthought at best, so what better way than to make a statement than to run roughshod over one of the "darlings" such as Cincy.

Georgia is treating this like Senior Day. They are trying to get it to where they can have the pre-game ceremonies like the one they missed out on when Vanderbilt bailed on them. I think they will definitely be motivated and are a totally different team since JTD took over.

Most years I usually try and play the Go5 team in this spot, but I really like UGA here.

Definitely something to consider, but I think Georgia may feel like they have something to prove as all anyone is talking about SEC wise is Bama and then A&M and then Florida, as Georgia is an afterthought at best, so what better way than to make a statement than to run roughshod over one of the "darlings" such as Cincy.

hadnt thought bout that. Could be. I really wonder if Cincy highly ranked run d can handle the beef of uga? I mean they were great against army option attack but that not the same as having those big Uga bulls leaning on them for 60 min.. for most part the decent teams cincy has faced were spread ya out up tempo offenses.

Uga offense has looked way better with jt Daniels playing qb so I don’t think cincy will even be able to sell out vs the run. The way Uga gashed mizzou was pretty impressive, mizzou nothing special but they shouldn’t get steamrolled by a run game like that! They had 4 guys combine for 331 on 40 carries! That was dominate! Plus Daniels threw for almost 300 as well!! I do think if Uga motivated this pretty easily the right side, like shouldn’t even be close!! If only we could just always count on gettin these kids best efforts, lol.

Despite Gators scoring 44 I almost want to say if Daniels was qb Uga beats them. I mean dogs scored 28 with next to nothing out the passing game!

Let's go with Okie State 1Q TT Over 6.5 150 as if they can't put 7 on the board in the first against this Canes defense, my game over will be toast early anyway...

the nobody gives a shit bowl! I gots no clue which team if either has any interest in being here?

the nobody gives a shit bowl! I gots no clue which team if either has any interest in being here?
In these situations, I will always lean to the offense, because defense take more effort and heart in my opinion, so assuming someone doesn't want to be there, it should mean more missed tackles and blown coverages, leading to more points. Not saying this is the case today, as my play is against the Miami and Okie State defenses period, as I think both teams can hit 30 today, regardless of motivation or not.

In these situations, I will always lean to the offense, because defense take more effort and heart in my opinion, so assuming someone doesn't want to be there, it should mean more missed tackles and blown coverages, leading to more points. Not saying this is the case today, as my play is against the Miami and Okie State defenses period, as I think both teams can hit 30 today, regardless of motivation or not.

makes sense. Canes were def making business decisions against your squad!!

Florida game total is now down to 65 and dropping, but gonna stick to my guns and see what happens later today...

Florida game total is now down to 65 and dropping, but gonna stick to my guns and see what happens later today...

Someone was saying in the discussion thread that mullens was talking bout trask only playing a half potentially and treating this like a spring game? Dunno what kind of weak horse shit that is but line certainly shot up afterwords.

Back