BYU / UH - Talk To Me

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Full disclosure, did not watch either team's game this past weekend. I did watch BYU run roughshod over its prior opponents - granted not great teams, but respectable opponents. 3 games combined, 148-24 margin. Just so damn impressive, great QB play, buttoned up on both sides of the ball, disciplined, just looking like a full team and one of the 10 best in the country.

Assuming some sort of home field "advantage" for UH it's a tossup this Friday. Either UH is pretty damn good or I'm way too in love with and overvaluing BYU.

I'll defer to smarter people on this board to opine.

Last edited:
Watching UH against Tulane, standard Holgo team, so undisciplined...turnovers and stupid mistakes. I laid 4 with BYU and laid it again at -3.

BYU missing some OL pieces I believe and they looked average vs a bad team last week.

Do u think BYU was holding back due to short week this week?
Houston played last Thursday and playing this Friday.
BYU played last Saturday and playing this Friday.

BYU D looks good first 3 weeks.
Liking BYU and maybe the over.

Looking forward to this game. I've been impressed with BYU all year, but the one thing they haven't run up against yet is extreme team speed and Houston has it on both sides of the ball.

BYU has looked good on D, 4th in total D and 4th in rushing D, but Houston is even better, first in total defense, 3rd in rushing D, which doesn't surprise me. Holgorsen always had tough, hard nosed defenses at WV. Houston's stats are only based on one game, but Tulane is about the same caliber opponent as BYU has played. BYU only giving up 11 ppg and their D looks better overall to me

So both play hard on D, but both score so fast the other team gets lots of possessions.

Schedule shows the game is at BYU, but it was moved to Houston. BYU won't have to deal with extreme heat and humidity according to the weather, but wind is forecast 15-20 mph at gametime

The line looks about right to me on the side if BYU can handle the Houston speed--a big question to me--but I don't see giving points on the road to a faster team so if I take it I'll probably take the over, my standard play when I want to bet a game and can't figure out what to do.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this game. I've been impressed with BYU all year, but the one thing they haven't run up against yet is extreme team speed and Houston has it on both sides of the ball.

BYU has looked good on D, 4th in total D and 4th in rushing D, but Houston is even better, first in total defense, 3rd in rushing D, which doesn't surprise me. Holgorsen always had tough, hard nosed defenses at WV. Houston's stats are only based on one game, but Tulane is about the same caliber opponent as BYU has played. BYU only giving up 11 ppg and their D looks better overall to me

So both play hard on D, but both score so fast the other team gets lots of possessions.

Schedule shows the game is at BYU, but it was moved Houston. BYU won't have to deal with extreme heat and humidity according to the weather, but wind is forecast 15-20 mph at gametime

The line looks about right to me on the side if BYU can handle the Houston speed--a big question to me--but I don't see giving points on the road to a faster team so if I take it I'll probably take the over, my standard play when I want to bet a game and can't figure out what to do.

Lol. Interesting strategy!

Cougs mauling cougs! Love cougs to easily cover

I swear i didn’t even realize they were both cougs till I done wrote it, posted it, then looked again and was like “fuck, they both cougs ain’t they?”!! Lol. I was wondering how long it was gonna take someone to point out. Lol. Cougs will def Win and cover, that about biggest lock going. Anyone got a dumb local you could try to pull one over on him with? “Give me cougs for 5 bills!” Lol.

I will be on BYU. I still think this is a Top 10-15 squad and look at UTSA as more of an outlier. Houston will make some plays but this is has been an undisciplined program under Holgersen and the end of Herman. They turn the ball over 4 times tonight and it will be 42-7 in a blink of an eye.

I will be on BYU. I still think this is a Top 10-15 squad and look at UTSA as more of an outlier. Houston will make some plays but this is has been an undisciplined program under Holgersen and the end of Herman. They turn the ball over 4 times tonight and it will be 42-7 in a blink of an eye.

Yeah, I can't get the visual out of my head of what I saw with BYU in the first 3 games of the season.

Navy wasn’t ready to play Week 1 and BYU was too big up front.

they def dominated the next two games.

last week they appeared evenly matched vs a offense that couldn’t really do much.

Houston looked like crap for the 1st qtr. It was their first game against a good oppo that had played a bunch. It was amazing to me how technical, fast and schemed Houston O looked. I think it's time to fade BYU. I love their lines, their QB can be great but less so when there is real pressure on him or on game.

I will put .5 on ML and .5 on spread.

It is a very interesting game. Look forward to it

I am banking on this being the perception, not the reality. It is not the only reason or even the main reason, but I think I have the right side tonight.

I don’t think BYU being a physical group of maulers is perception. They are gonna take the fight to anyone they play in the trenches imo

It's like my first thoughts watching Houston was that they looked electric. Dana might not be the best or anything but he is a savvy, veteran borderline genius.

I trust him over BYU coach completely in this spot

Its not unusual for me to be on the opposite of most people. good luck tonight.

oh I much prefer to be against the grain. Obviously just that isn’t enough but my favorite plays are when I feel I can make a great case for a team nobody likes!! I wasn’t even so much commenting on this particular game, just that I think we know what byu is to a extent. We may not know how good they are but I do think we know they are very physical up front on the offensive and defensive lines. That is all.

oh I much prefer to be against the grain. Obviously just that isn’t enough but my favorite plays are when I feel I can make a great case for a team nobody likes!! I wasn’t even so much commenting on this particular game, just that I think we know what byu is to a extent. We may not know how good they are but I do think we know they are very physical up front on the offensive and defensive lines. That is all
oh okay good luck I feel Houston is a real good play tonight.

College football is a guessing game for the majority right now. I personally like betting on a team that has dominated teams that are typically competitive. UTSA...this is complete angle I sometimes put stock into but... look ahead. BYU seemingly was looking ahead to this game and I love it. I love that they know if they come out and trash Houston they suddenly get respect.

Houston, man I don't know what to like or dislike. One game and they looked strong but I just cannot trust them yet. BYU Wilson is much more accomplished a player than anyone on Houston's side and I love the trench domination in their favor.

If I lose oh well, but under a TD seemed like a good enough bet to swing on.

Part of my BYU thought is Holgorsen. Just saw too many times in the Big 12 where his teams were undisciplined and not buttoned up. And living in Austin, I know undisciplined teams that are not buttoned up when I see them. Sigh....

But I love Holgo and always want him to see him do well. Just not tonight.

College football is a guessing game for the majority right now. I personally like betting on a team that has dominated teams that are typically competitive. UTSA...this is complete angle I sometimes put stock into but... look ahead. BYU seemingly was looking ahead to this game and I love it. I love that they know if they come out and trash Houston they suddenly get respect.

Houston, man I don't know what to like or dislike. One game and they looked strong but I just cannot trust them yet. BYU Wilson is much more accomplished a player than anyone on Houston's side and I love the trench domination in their favor.

i keep coming back to trenches and firmly believe byu will own them.

far as everyone being on one side that simply not true: the big contest I play in has it 22-17 picks in favor byu, that not huge majority and I see damn near 50-50 on those sites so while I respect spottie opinion he is wrong that taking Houston puts him in the minority from what I’m seeing!

Smu over tulsa the lopsided game and I lean tulsa thanks to the injury to Roberson on smu, just don’t know how they replace his huge production???

oh okay good luck I feel Houston is a real good play tonight.

where you see it being lopsided on byu?? I don’t trust those sites much but I even saw 50-50ish on those. What I do trust is the big contest I play in and the picks are 22-17 byu so hardly a lopsided affair. Seems to be very even and split thoughts on this one so certainly not contrarian., gl either way just not sure why you think byu getting all the action when clearly not the case.

i keep coming back to trenches and firmly believe byu will own them.

far as everyone being on one side that simply not true: the big contest I play in has it 22-17 picks in favor byu, that not huge majority and I see damn near 50-50 on those sites so while I respect spottie opinion he is wrong that taking Houston puts him in the minority from what I’m seeing!

Smu over tulsa the lopsided game and I lean tulsa thanks to the injury to Roberson on smu, just don’t know how they replace his huge production???
your opinion I am wrong but the few sites i look at i am correct so please dont call me out for being wrong. lol. its all good though I like Houston. Should be a good game.

Anyone know if Lowell Narcisse is starting for UTSA this week? He was the third stringer that came in at the half and put up Tecmo Bowl numbers vs BYU in a lookahead spot. Im considering hitting up the UTSA ML vs Army if he gets the start. Was a highly touted LSU commit that transferred there and I’m thinking it might have finally clicked as his eligibility winds down. They could turn into a money machine until others catch wind of his emergence.

Also, any word on the 17 or so Houston players that may be out for Houston tonight. I haven’t seen confirmation or names as of yet and the line hasn’t reacted. Just seems like a sizable number to not include some key guys.

Part of my BYU thought is Holgorsen. Just saw too many times in the Big 12 where his teams were undisciplined and not buttoned up. And living in Austin, I know undisciplined teams that are not buttoned up when I see them. Sigh....

But I love Holgo and always want him to see him do well. Just not tonight.
local knowledge of the course always helps.

I didn’t see anything but I trust the books line and it didn’t make a move. They aren’t letting the bettors get away with any free bee’s

Anyone know if Lowell Narcisse is starting for UTSA this week? He was the third stringer that came in at the half and put up Tecmo Bowl numbers vs BYU in a lookahead spot. Im considering hitting up the UTSA ML vs Army if he gets the start. Was a highly touted LSU commit that transferred there and I’m thinking it might have finally clicked as his eligibility winds down. They could turn into a money machine until others catch wind of his emergence.
This makes me think of playing the over in that game.
UTSA not sexy on D.

I can’t find anything related to who’s starting but after a performance like that the coach would be nuts to not start him. My BYU play only missed by 27 points or so. I know the D has been weak this year at times but it’s possible Lowell is their guy and they stepped it up to support him. I also realize BYU slept walked through the game with a decent opponent finally on deck tonight. The OL should be ready to pancake their way into relevance and silence the doubters. No way Houston wins tonight if the turnover woes are half as bad as last week.

your opinion I am wrong but the few sites i look at i am correct so please dont call me out for being wrong. lol. its all good though I like Houston. Should be a good game.

only wrong in sense of how lopsided the action you saying byu taking. Not a opinion, I see provable numbers albeit small quantities that show the game being pick quite equally. Certainly not here to say your opinion on the game right or wrong as I’m nobody to be saying that, you have just as much chance in being right with Houston as I do byu!! Only thing I’ve said that 100% correct and indisputable is that the cougs are gonna win!!!! Lol., on the bright side at least one us will win!! Health to you and anyone else backing houston tonight!!

Nothing but love round here, I love discussing the games with all you guys in a respectful manner, wouldn’t be any fun if we all took turns giving each other hand jobs agreeing about our thoughts on it!!! lol

It looks like SMU the team getting the majority of the love tonight and I can def get behind Tulane catching +7 when Smu missing their most explosive wr!

Looking around, it'll be Harris(the starter) or Narcisse. The 2nd broke his collarbone.
I like the over. But don't go by me .

That is logical. GL this weekend

Helluva effort by UH. Nice skill players and Tune is good.

BYU losing Romney was huge but this is a really good team that adapts. Innovative, buttoned up, disciplined and more than anything, resilient.

That last TD throw that Wilson made was a Sunday throw. He made a lot of Sunday plays today.

Great team effort, 22-0 in Q4. They have a good path to the FF.

Back