Bye-bye Larry Coker

SHSUHorn

Thief
Unconfirmed reports everywhere that Coker is gone and Shannon will take over as interim coach. Hope Miami gets Butch Dais back as I really don't want him at Arkie or Aggie. Keep Davis clear away from the Texas borders cause the man can recruit his ass off.

Shit. Have to keep an eye on this.

Horn's rumors are usually right.

Don't see Butch Davis going to Arky or Aggy. Think Nutt and Fran do good enough to keep their jobs.

But Fran didn't help himself out with that lame effort against Army.

rj, Davis just bought a house in Arkansas and has been doing public speeches across the state. Every Arkie fan wants him there. What saved Nutt's ass was getting the Springdale recruits. Some say that's the reason why he signed there HS coach as their OC to make sure he gets them because he knew it would be there ass. Arkie almost lost to Vandy and Aggie almost loss to Army. If either school has a 5-6 loss season and Davis is out there they will probably go after him.

Horn nailed all that right on the head....that has been the thoughts here for the past year. It's no secret why Nutt hired a high school coach as OC when for years he said he didn't need an OC.

Also the thoughts here were that he is a quick kickup of the wind of losing to Vanderbilt and losing his job.

You can't help but like the guy....but he has to FUCKIN GO. He's a great motivator, and recruiter...and he is hanging on to be AD if Frankenstein Broyles ever dies....but he's NOT a head coach. There's a shitload of pressure on Nutt now and has been the last couple years. He had a great season the first year with Ford's players....and he's picked up just enough wins when the pressure was on to stay put.

I'm in the majority.....Butch Davis is waiting and we want him. Nutt won't make it past this year, bank on it.

Interesting about Coker

Funny thing is coker has been on every possible sports show saying.. Oh miami is in good shape. We are recruiting class kids, they are going to school and graduating BLAH

No one gives a shit at tha U about tha akademiks.. CYA Mr Keebler elf.. You can think Butch Davis for giving you that Championship :smiley_acbe:

Just worries me a little since if Coker leaves Miami will make the big push for Tubberville and more then likley get him if they don't get Davis.

That leaves Auburn open and more then likely getting Chizik back as he is the hot assistant right now and he was just at Auburn.

Barry Alvarez will be coaching some team in Florida. I know it's not Florida. I suspected it might be Florida State with the suspicion that Bowden would be resigning in the next year or two. Could be Miami though. He has bought a house in Florida and is ready to coach in warmer climates.

SoonerBS said:
Barry Alvarez will be coaching some team in Florida. I know it's not Florida. I suspected it might be Florida State with the suspicion that Bowden would be resigning in the next year or two. Could be Miami though. He has bought a house in Florida and is ready to coach in warmer climates.

Denny - Miami President/Chancellor is Donna Shulala or whatever her name was... she was the head of Wisky when Barry was hired...

Fondybadger said:
Denny - Miami President/Chancellor is Donna Shulala or whatever her name was... she was the head of Wisky when Barry was hired...

Well, there you go then . . . . . :smiley_acbe:

rjurewitz said:
Donna Shalala is a scary short bitch.

I think I have pictures of her at Barry's "retirement" ceremony. They're VERY good friends. Also the offensive line coach is Palermo, who was under Barry I believe the whole time at Wisconsin...

If Miami was smart they'd get Petrino and win the MNC every year with his coaching and the HS talent in Florida.

Its like I said early in the year when I picked Fla.State over them.

Coker had "some esplainin to do" after getting embarressed in the Bowl game by 40 points!

He should be gone!

SHSUHorn said:
Just worries me a little since if Coker leaves Miami will make the big push for Tubberville and more then likley get him if they don't get Davis.

That leaves Auburn open and more then likely getting Chizik back as he is the hot assistant right now and he was just at Auburn.

Why would Tuberville leave Auburn to go to Miami? Seems like a step down to me. And Texas is going to lose Chizik at the end of this year anyways.

Miami a step down from Auburn? Never mind just saw your username. Miami has been the top program in the country over the last 20 years and the recruiting base is just sick. No school produces more top NFL talent then Miami over that same time span.

Trust me I can't stand them but you have to give credit where credits due.

Petrino only recruits non qualifiers that the ACC don't accept. LOL shut up CHUCK Your fired too

SHSUHorn said:
Miami a step down from Auburn? Never mind just saw your username. Miami has been the top program in the country over the last 20 years and the recruiting base is just sick. No school produces more top NFL talent then Miami over that same time span.

Looking at the programs in their current condition, Miami would be a step down. Tuberville can do better than go to a place who is the whipping boy of his old coordinator...

Why would he want to start over and rebuild at Miami when he has something great going in Auburn?

SHSUHorn said:

I agree. Just look at what Butch was able to do there. He had some sick recruits on both sides of the ball.

:down:

Shalala.jpg

Yea so tha U is 0 - 3 SU in their last 3 against D1 teams..and 1 - 4

What a clown

Current NFL starting team of Miami players

QB Ken Dorsey
RB Clinton Portis/Willis Mcgahee
RB Edge James/Frank Grore
FB Naja Davenport
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Santana Moss
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jeremy Shockey/Kellen Winslow
OL Bryant Mckinnie
OL Eric Winston
OL Rahshad Butler
OL Chris Meyers
OL Vernon Carey

DL Jerome Mcdougle
DL Vince Wolfork
DL Warren Sapp
DL William Joseph
LB DJ Williams
LB Ray Lewis / Dan Morgan
LB Johnathon Vilma / Rocky Mcintosh
CB Antrel Rolle / Phillip Buchanon
CB Duane Starks / Mike Rumph
Nickel Corner Kelley Jennings
SS Ed Reed
FS Sean Taylor

KR & PR Devin Hester

P Jeff Feagles

K Just go for it every down

Special Teams Ace - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Head Coach Jimmy Johnson

Anybody want to try and beat that with another college team? And this team is week when you consider the 80s with Irvin, Jerome Brown, Cortez Kennedy, Kosar, Testaverde, Jim Kelly, etc.

Sick talent.

SHSUHorn said:
abcs, alot of teams would be 0-3 SU if they had to play LSU, FSU, and Louisville.

What about losing to Ga tech?
And the time they lost to UNC.. No excuses bro this is tha U :wacka wacka:

SHSUHorn said:
Current NFL starting team of Miami players

QB Ken Dorsey
RB Clinton Portis/Willis Mcgahee
RB Edge James/Frank Grore /
FB Naja Davenport
WR Reggie Wayne / Roscoe Parish
WR Santana Moss / Sinorice Moss
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jeremy Shockey/Kellen Winslow / Greg Olson ( will be the best one ) / Bubba Franks
OL Bryant Mckinnie
OL Eric Winston
OL Rahshad Butler
OL Chris Meyers
OL Vernon Carey

DL Jerome Mcdougle
DL Vince Wolfork
DL Warren Sapp
DL William Joseph
LB DJ Williams
LB Ray Lewis / Dan Morgan
LB Johnathon Vilma / Rocky Mcintosh
CB Antrel Rolle / Phillip Buchanon
CB Duane Starks / Mike Rumph
Nickel Corner Kelley Jennings
SS Ed Reed
FS Sean Taylor

KR & PR Devin Hester

P Jeff Feagles

K Just go for it every down

Special Teams Ace - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Head Coach Jimmy Johnson

Anybody want to try and beat that with another college team? And this team is week when you consider the 80s with Irvin, Jerome Brown, Cortez Kennedy, Kosar, Testaverde, Jim Kelly, etc.

Sick talent.
I added some

I will play this game
QB David Greene / DJ Shockley
RB Musa Smith
FB Veron Haynes / Mack Strong
WR Hines Ward
WR Reggie Brown
TE Ben Watson ( most underrated te in the league)
TE Pope

Dont have time for the OL
This Defense is sick.. More first round guys on the line than the U
DE Charles Grant
DT Seymour (All Pro)
DT Stroud (All Pro)
DE Daniels
LB Kenrell Bell
LB Boss Bailey
LB David Pollack ( doubt hell be that good with a broken neck)
CB Champ Bailey
CB Thomas Davis
Safety Jermaine Philips / Blue
Safety Sean Jones / Tim Jennigs

Obviously we dont have the backs anymore with Edwards hurt, Herschel old and terell davis retired.. Our D Line is stacked up the middle. Sullivan was also a top 10 pick in the draft and he can fill in at tackle. I think Quienten Moses who is currently at uga is the best defensive player in the ncaaf.

Anyways tha U would win becuz of their backs and wr's but as far as qbs go Id probablly take Stafford ;)

Guys Miami has the players and the talent to win the championship every year the thing is, that Coker is not a master motvater like some of these other coaches. If anyone is going to be the head coach it sgoing to to be one of two people. 1) The D cord. cant think of his name off the top of my head or 2) Jimmy "Fucking" Johnson. Dont be surprised if he comes back!!!

Talking about unconfirmmed reports here is one for you that is going to flip all your wigs.

"BILL COWER WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH @ THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA TARHEELS OR THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA WOLFPACK"

Cower`s wife and kid are already living in a huge MANSION in Raleigh and he wants to spend more time with his family everyone knows that. He is waiting to see if they can repeat and if they dont he is out and headed to RALEIGHWOOD. Why do you think he is putting off the contract talk till after the season???
Raleigh is a booming business town and is growing by the second. They won the Championship in Hockey last year dont think for one second that the Raleigh Rednecks dont have money because NC STATE and UNC want to win now. I was told that it was going to be NC STATE but UNC paid out for Roy Williams and was in the finals of the baseball world series and they want to be good @ football too. So you guys want to go NAtional Post that story Im here for the ride!!

HOLLA @ YOUR BOY

BIG DADDY KNOWLEDGE

Yo Yo fellows I found a picture of that chick form Miami. Your right Fondybadgers her name is Donna Shalalala!

handi_nasty_chick.jpg

I dont give a damm who you are that shit is fucking funny!!!

HOLLA @ YOUR BOY

BDK

Some of you guys may not remember that I'm an ex-Miami football player, but I received these emails from my Cane brother's.

Quite evident...
Absolutely, no offensive plan...
Not Wright's fault, not the line...certainly not the defense...no coaching...no plan...no clue
Don't this bunch of coaches watch game film of their opponents or adjust to things like a continual blitz? Inside the red zone 3 times in the first half, 2 off tackle "dives", an incomplete pass and then failed FGs. Same story, every freakin year! Same inept, boring, highly predictable offense... run off tackle to the short side of the field, even though we have the quickest backs in the country, then try a desperation 20+ yard pass on 3rd and long. An offense that can't score and a defense that eventually tires out.
This guy Coker cannot just not win the big one, now it is doubtful if this team will go 500 this year. Fire him now and put Randy Shannon in as an interim, till a competent, winner like Urban Meyer or Rick Patrino can be found, or, bring back Butch, Jimmy, or Drunkin Dennis!

Bob Bleak

Also
Dear Dr. Shalala.

More proof it is time to replace Larry Coker. He is certainly not in the class of top-notch college coaches and is bringing our proud program embarrassment and shame.

Alan "Besh" Beshany
Canes 60-63
abeshany@comcast.net

As you can see even they are calling for Coker's head...

Back