Breaking News: Favre traded to Jets

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

Reported by Fox Sports. They are now in contention for a playoff berth. Hell of a squad they got now

Shit Cotchery and Coles become legit fantasy WR's now. Especially Cotchery. Dude put up numbers with Pennington as his damn QB

look at the schedules...is it completely out of the realm of possibility that rodgers cracks? I mean the pressure the team just put on him is incredible

they could go 9-7 easily...and then look at the jets schedule...10 wins wouldnt be impossible

look at the schedules...is it completely out of the realm of possibility that rodgers cracks? I mean the pressure the team just put on him is incredible

they could go 9-7 easily...and then look at the jets schedule...10 wins wouldnt be impossible

The team did everything they could not to put pressure on Rodgers. They did a hell of a job. He was their guy the day after Favre retired and they havent wavered off that. That comment is just dumb.

the jets will have a better record than the packers

:smiley_acbe:

theres a man who knows his shit

weve made plenty of moves this offseason and have stacked up our line on both sides of the ball.

the running game will finally be a threat this year and open it up for clemens or pennington (still undecided who the starter will be but right now theyre leaning towards THE CHADDD)

:smiley_acbe:

theres a man who knows his shit

weve made plenty of moves this offseason and have stacked up our line on both sides of the ball.

the running game will finally be a threat this year and open it up for clemens or pennington (still undecided who the starter will be but right now theyre leaning towards THE CHADDD)

Chad won't even be on the team opening day now. Running game? (laugh) Enjoy Bubba Franks and Fairy Favre

dude, its not going to matter

hes not going to see any action anyways, especially not in week 1.

:shake:

You have no idea what ur talking about it. Favre is traded to be the #1 QB for this season. And I actually like ur team to compete this year.

The team did everything they could not to put pressure on Rodgers. They did a hell of a job. He was their guy the day after Favre retired and they havent wavered off that. That comment is just dumb.

How is it a dumb comment? What if Rodgers comes out and goes 9-22 with 2 picks in the first game against minnesota...you dont think the fans will be playing the why the hell isnt favre our quarterback card???

No Smoke what I was saying was dumb was you saying the team put too much pressure on Rodgers. How is that?

dude, its not going to matter

hes not going to see any action anyways, especially not in week 1.

:shake:

Your nuts. I garuntee he starts week 1 no matter what happens unless the Jets forfeit the whole season.

Let me say this.

The Packers will make the playoffs, and the Jets will not.

The NFC North or whatever the fuck they even call it I dont even know, is terrible, its disgusting. Aaron Rodgers, will be great, and Id be willing to throw down some cash that the Vikings dont even touch the playoffs, dont even come close IMO. The Lions are still bad, they just are, a John Kitna team will not make the playoffs, ever. Bears are still flipping coins

The AFC East might be even worse, the Patriots are gonna win it, and dont tell me there not because they are, as long as Tom Brady and Randy Moss are playing together that team will always be good. The Jets just overspent, they just paid a stupid amount of money for Alan Faneca who is about to start declining. Favre, well fuck that guy. Even if they had maybe a 9-7 season which would seriously amaze me in a lot of ways, they wouldnt get the wild card, the AFC is too good, there are too many teams that can potentially get the wild card. Look at all the good or potentially good teams . The AFC North the Browns (I think theyll suck too but for the sake of argument), Bengals, Steelers. AFC South, Colts, Titans, Jax. AFC West, that whole thing is up for grabs I dont even know.

How is it a dumb comment? What if Rodgers comes out and goes 9-22 with 2 picks in the first game against minnesota...you dont think the fans will be playing the why the hell isnt favre our quarterback card???

That would happen with any teams fans... except in places like Detroit where they don't know what a solid player is.

AG, how do you say the Vikings dont make the playoffs. I think they win the division and are in the NFC Championship game. I would arguably say best defense in the NFC

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold up a second

never did I say that we werent going to compete this year, in fact I said the opposite. i said we were going to have a solid year, 9-7 sounds about right.

and why is pennington out the door all of a sudden? theres room for 2 vets.
the word from training camp is that he has been outperforming clemens, so i dont know why they would just get rid of him

No Smoke what I was saying was dumb was you saying the team put too much pressure on Rodgers. How is that?

well maybe the team per se didnt put the pressure on him, but theres a helluva lot of pressure on the kid to perform well cuz if he doesnt all hes gonna hear about from the fans and possibly even some of his teammates is why is brett favre not the qb??

ok, youre right, i was wrong there....

i guess they are going to release the chad, even though hes been the better QB in training camp

fuck.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold up a second

never did I say that we werent going to compete this year, in fact I said the opposite. i said we were going to have a solid year, 9-7 sounds about right.

and why is pennington out the door all of a sudden? theres room for 2 vets.
the word from training camp is that he has been outperforming clemens, so i dont know why they would just get rid of him

gotta clear cap space...clemons is younger...makes more sense to keep him

AG, how do you say the Vikings dont make the playoffs. I think they win the division and are in the NFC Championship game. I would arguably say best defense in the NFC

As a person in Wisconsin you should be tried for treason and hanged. I garuntee you, I will 100% garuntee you that AP well have a shit season and not only that he will be hurt by the middle of the season and probably out for the games that matte. I GARUNTEE he gets hurt. I dont wish that on anyone, but it is just a fact of life. Tavaris fucking Jackson, get the hell out of here. The funny thing about defenses in the league are very few stay consistent. Steelers always have had a legendary defensive sqaud, one year they are 2nd in the league, or the best, the next they are the 20th. You can never tell with defenses. I promise you signal that the Packers win the division

Well I sure hope so AG but I basically think its a toss up now between the two. AD will end up missing 2-3 games Im sure, but as long as they go ahead and pick up a veteran QB, someone like Pennington, Warner etc. They are at the same level as the Packers

why did he not go to the fucs though?

gruden was an assistant in GB earlier in favres career.... they were offering him one better then we were (3rd round pick)... and its a better system for him

i still cant fucking believe were going to to fork over the $20 mill for this bullshit.

i havent followed it as much because i (as much jets fans did) thought this was to get more PR then anything. and werent really serious about picking him up

I dont think the Bucs offered up a 3rd Cap. And from what I have heard its a compensatory 4th with a chance at a 2nd depending on how Favre and the Jets do this year

and their is no way that the NFC north is a tougher divisoin then the AFC east... thats just laughable

a team like the skins could run the table in that joke of a division... while the bills and fins are up and coming, the pats are an established franchise (although on the way down it seems), and the jets are the best team in the NFL!

I dont think the Bucs offered up a 3rd Cap. And from what I have heard its a compensatory 4th with a chance at a 2nd depending on how Favre and the Jets do this year

earlier today i saw on ESPN the bucs were offering a 3rd round pick and us fourth, and he would go to the highest bidder.

now all of a sudden in this article youre right, it says it depends how our season goes.

but i still think the bucs were offering a 3rd

and their is no way that the NFC north is a tougher divisoin then the AFC east... thats just laughable

a team like the skins could run the table in that joke of a division... while the bills and fins are up and coming, the pats are an established franchise (although on the way down it seems), and the jets are the best team in the NFL!

I think you are banana's because the AFC east division was probably the worst division in football last year. Every team in the NFC North was no worse then 1 game under .500. Even the Bears as bad as they were. While you guys...well you guys...wow. The Dolphins, 1 win, Jets 4 wins. That right there seals it shut. Frankly the Patriots had 6 garunteed wins. Dont bring up the Steelers lost to the Jets either, that was on the day of my moms birthday and I knew it was gonna be a bad day and I told everyone I knew we would lose:hang:

i just dont get it.

he said the last team he would want to play for, would be the jets.

TB is a better system for him and he knows gruden well.

the word from jets training camp is that pennington would most likely be the starter in week 1 because clemens still needs to work on cutting down on INT's.

now all of a sudden he's here, and pennington is out the door. and training camp at the QB position was a waste, and now we bring in this drama queen fuck who hasnt taken a snap (at any camp) all year.

im fucking pissed.

believe811, if you knew the shit that was going on surrounding camp, you would be confused too.
im shocked that they would go in a complete different direction then what theyve said this close to the season.

yes this is a week old, but this is what most everyone that was following camp was saying. how the fuck can you make a complete 180, throwing pennnington (who was likely to get the nod in week 1) out the door for this drama queen fuck who shouldnt even be playing in the NFL anymore?

Jets Training Camp Battle: Chad Pennington vs. Kellen Clemens (vs. Brett Favre?)

Posted Jul 29th 2008 8:00AM by Matt Snyder (author feed)
Filed under: Jets, AFC East
kellen-clemens.jpg
Training camp is finally here and FanHouse breaks down the
most important position battles heading into the season, team by team.

Right now it looks like the chances of Brett Favre suiting up in a Jets uniform are about as good as seeing Suzy Kolber make out with Joe Namath

Hearing 2nd rounder if he plays in 13 games ( doubt it )

Anything less is a 4th round pick

Back