Breaking News: Favre traded to Jets

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
What's funny is the picks based on how the Jets do. So the Jets trade him to the Vikings guaranteeing themselves a better pick and just give a 4th rounder to GB. He didn't take 50% of the Jets snaps...

I think packers are a playoff team. something around 10-6 or so

Good supporting cast but a QB who's done ZERO and your that confident?

Aaron Rodgers: 35/59 329 1/1...73.3 CAREER

(Plus, you know Farve is a GOD in Wisconsin...if Rodgers struggles early...ohhh damn, Cheeseheads will be on the warpath)

Mully :cheers:

What's funny is the picks based on how the Jets do. So the Jets trade him to the Vikings guaranteeing themselves a better pick and just give a 4th rounder to GB. He didn't take 50% of the Jets snaps...

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that, if the Jets were to trade Favre to the Vikings, the Jets would owe the Packers three first-round picks.

i guess they could trade him to someone else who could then turn around and trade him to the vikings...but i dont see that happening somehow...

i should have just resumed this discussion and not sat down at the poker table. definitely not a good session tonight. argh

i am taking that as an omen and sign to take you all's advice- and concede to supporting and embracing bretts arrival. i

we were going to have a decent year anyways after finally improving the right areas and getting some cap room to make some quality moves to bulk up the line, and bringing in callahan to tweak the run game.... and now this should keep defenses more honest in having to respect coles/cotch deep routes, and we will definitely be more exciting to watch.

so im gonna hope brett will only be a positive and embrace him if tanny/mangenius feels that hes the man to lead us... i just dont know if he will be able to fit in with this system in this short timeperiod. but we will see.

but the moment he starts with this PR/drama queen bullshit, and goes back to INT/lobb the ball into triple coverage brett, then off with his damn head and its clemens time.'an_horse':cheers:

Like I said in another thread, I would have been happier if the jets had made this move earlier in the offseason before all this drama bullshit and giving him some time in training camp to build some chemistry w/ receivers and learn the playbook...
Now we're 4 weeks out and the guyy hasnt taken a snap here yet.

I will say Im happy for aaron rodgers. The kid is finally going to get his shot after year after year favre pulling the same bullshit holding out on if hes gonna retire or not.

He still hasnt gotten a shot to start a game yet!! Good for him

nfl_i_kiffin_200.jpg

Your nuts. I garuntee he starts week 1 no matter what happens unless the Jets forfeit the whole season.

Let me say this.

The Packers will make the playoffs, and the Jets will not.

The NFC North or whatever the fuck they even call it I dont even know, is terrible, its disgusting. Aaron Rodgers, will be great, and Id be willing to throw down some cash that the Vikings dont even touch the playoffs, dont even come close IMO. The Lions are still bad, they just are, a John Kitna team will not make the playoffs, ever. Bears are still flipping coins

The AFC East might be even worse, the Patriots are gonna win it, and dont tell me there not because they are, as long as Tom Brady and Randy Moss are playing together that team will always be good. The Jets just overspent, they just paid a stupid amount of money for Alan Faneca who is about to start declining. Favre, well fuck that guy. Even if they had maybe a 9-7 season which would seriously amaze me in a lot of ways, they wouldnt get the wild card, the AFC is too good, there are too many teams that can potentially get the wild card. Look at all the good or potentially good teams . The AFC North the Browns (I think theyll suck too but for the sake of argument), Bengals, Steelers. AFC South, Colts, Titans, Jax. AFC West, that whole thing is up for grabs I dont even know.

What kind of dollars are we talking here?

I think packers are a playoff team. something around 10-6 or so

I hope both the packers and the vikings find success with the QB's this year. If they do 10-6 is a great record for both teams. It also makes the games much more enjoyable.

Both teams have all the other ingredients to be successful.

:popcorn:

Packers were dirty in this whole deal. They made sure he finshes his career away from the NFC and to be hopefull he doesnt get to a superbowl.

Green Bay Fans will be insane as shareholders and will call for firing of the Packer coach McCarthy when they see Favre lighting it up in NY....

Green Bay Fans will be insane as shareholders and will call for firing of the Packer coach McCarthy when they see Favre lighting it up in NY....

I think you are right. The only reason the Packers went anywhere the last couple of years was because of Favre. He brought emotion and leadership as a quarterback. Just because you can throw a football doesnt make you a great quarterback. Taking risks is what set Favre appart. So he threw a few picks each game, so what? The end result is what matters. The defenses never knew what the hell he was going to do. Now with a new quarterback in GB, do you really think he will take the risks Brett did? No way. He will need to prove himself to the Packer nation and hopefully it will happen before he gets replaced. Plain and simple, the Packers fucked up if they wanted to reach the playoffs again anytime soon. :hang:

Favre might put up numbers, but Green Bay as a team is in better shape than New York.

New England -800 to win the AFC East

Let's face it, the above price is set that high for a reason. I can only hope this Favre trade drops the price on NE futures, but I seriously doubt it will.

i think both teams can make the playoffs this year. the jets have a fairly easy schedule, but the bye week early may hinder they're chances if the team starts to get beat up a little. i dont think the afc west is that good this year, and i think if the jets get to 9-7 they get in. the packers should still make the playoffs, but is that really enough? the team right now is very good and with favre on the team, they would be contenders to make the superbowl. now, it is a mere possibility. i do think they get 10 wins, but with their aging corners and a qb that might take a year or two to adjust, has their window of opportunity gone out the window?

Packers were dirty in this whole deal. They made sure he finshes his career away from the NFC and to be hopefull he doesnt get to a superbowl.

A poll taken by the Milwaukee local newspaper said that over 60% of the people in Wisconsin didnt want Brett on the team

A poll taken by the Milwaukee local newspaper said that over 60% of the people in Wisconsin didnt want Brett on the team

Itll be interesting to see the results of that same poll at the end of September when theyre 1-3 and in the midst of serious in-fighting over the QB situation

Itll be interesting to see the results of that same poll at the end of September when theyre 1-3 and in the midst of serious in-fighting over the QB situation

Dont see why no one has faith in Aaron Rodgers, he was rock solid in college, hes been good for the few snaps hes taken in the NFL. He obviously has a good head on his shoulders because a lot of other guys would have lost their mind in front of the media by now but this guy, he stuck with it, joked about it, and made the best of the situation. I think hell be good. He has a decent O-line, and good RB, and a couple of veteran WR's that could help him out.

Faneca is probably gonna get injured or just run over. Steelers have the best management in the league. When they say they dont want you, something is wrong with you. Look at Kordell :36_11_6:

Until I read this I had 4 other extremely stupid comments marked to respond to. You must be a Steelers fan with a chronic pipe in your hand. Your team will feel this loss big time and all you towel humpers will be crying in said towel. Ego much lately Pittsburgh. Sure Faneca may not play at his same elite level for 5 more years but he will remain one if not the best lineman in the game for several more years.

However, a genie in a bottle couldnt help that weak ass Jets team.

And to the guy that wants Pantyinggton wake the hell up.
I would take Tavaris Jackson with Grossman backing him up over that sad sad Chad.

Jets fans are appearing to be the "THE" Ohio State fans of the NFL.
Highly confident and Highly clueless and apparently always HIGH.

Back