Breaking News: Favre traded to Jets

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
Hearing 2nd rounder if he plays in 13 games ( doubt it )

Anything less is a 4th round pick

with the streak i'd be shocked if he didn't play in all 16 if it wasn't for an injury

even if they're out of it down the stretch, favre has to get time behind center

only the jets would lead us to believe pennington will be the starter in week 1, and then all of a sudden kick him out the door and will probably release him
for someone whos 6 1/2 years older

Before everyone jumps on the J-E-T-S, Jets...Jets...Jets bandwagon please remember this MFer is 38 yrs old and going to a team that was 4-12 last year.
Plus, we all know Mr. Farve LOVES the untimely INT...O/U on Farve INTs in '08? 20 IMO...if he stays healthy.

Mully :cheers:

Unless Favre had found some way to increase his production last year at his old age, an age at which an average qb has pasted his prime, he is going to regress to the mean this year.

Ill go with 24 and 18 this year Mulligan. But also remember he arguably had his best season of his whole career last year at 38

Pennington career numbers far better than anything on our current roster.

My fault I thought you meant you would take Pennington over Favre

I dunno if I'd take Pennington over Favre. I might take Pennington. I really don't trust Favre's 16 game span of excellence last year.

Ill go with 24 and 18 this year Mulligan. But also remember he arguably had his best season of his whole career last year at 38

How about 18 and 24...if he stays healthy?
Just can't see the Jets "new and improved" O-Line keeping Farve upright...especially early in the season.
Farve desrves his "kudos" but that MFer has always had a bad case of "happy feet" and throwing into coverage at the first sign of pressure.

How about 18 and 24...if he stays healthy?
Just can't see the Jets "new and improved" O-Line keeping Farve upright...especially early in the season.
Farve desrves his "kudos" but that MFer has always had a bad case of "happy feet" and throwing into coverage at the first sign of pressure.

Faneca is probably gonna get injured or just run over. Steelers have the best management in the league. When they say they dont want you, something is wrong with you. Look at Kordell :36_11_6:

Ill take Pennington.

:shake:

and why wouldnt you?

he may not have an arm but hes consistent, accurate, and doesnt throw too many INT's (unfortunately when he does, its at the worst possible time)

his awareness/intelligence on the field is excellent

the surgeries have severely hurt his arm strenght though

Just looked at the Jets schedule. I say they start off 1-5. Maybe 2-4.

i think believe has a good point with the fantasy numbers though....

players like coles and cotch who love to run the vertical routes will actually be able to now, whereas with pennington at the helm they couldnt.

week 1 - you can chalk up as a victory

we've squished the fish 7 out of the last 8 times, and i dont see that trend changing this season.

I just dont think favre fits in well with our system.

Yes, you all got me above, i got home, and saw this thread, saw we picked up favre, and even as a jets fan figured we would bring him in as a backup.
never thought we had any intentions of making him a starter.
(although i should have known, this drama queen wouldnt have went anywhere if he wasnt going to start)

but lets look at it. we brought in callahan this offseason to help with the running game... and still have schottenheimer as the off coord.
how the fuck does favre fit in with this system?

and how the fuck are we goign to suddenly make a 180 degree turn with 4 weeks until the seasonn opener.

pennington was the best fit for this offense.
accurate, effective, great short-mid range accuracy.... and limits the INT's.

we dont need favre heaving the ball down the field in triple coverage. we dont play a run-n-gun game nor are we fit for that type of game.

so why favre?

i was wrong.

you all were right.

i can admit when i make a dummy.

it still doesnt add up in my head, nor will it ever until i see how he fits in with this offense.

042608mcfadden.jpg

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR​

GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT MULLIGAN

you bastards stole him from us =(

that was our draft pick =(

hes a fuckin monster.

I just dont think favre fits in well with our system.

Yes, you all got me above, i got home, and saw this thread, saw we picked up favre, and even as a jets fan figured we would bring him in as a backup.
never thought we had any intentions of making him a starter.
(although i should have known, this drama queen wouldnt have went anywhere if he wasnt going to start)

but lets look at it. we brought in callahan this offseason to help with the running game... and still have schottenheimer as the off coord.
how the fuck does favre fit in with this system?

and how the fuck are we goign to suddenly make a 180 degree turn with 4 weeks until the seasonn opener.

pennington was the best fit for this offense.
accurate, effective, great short-mid range accuracy.... and limits the INT's.

we dont need favre heaving the ball down the field in triple coverage. we dont play a run-n-gun game nor are we fit for that type of game.

so why favre?

you have some serious horse blinders on cap.

Its pretty much cut and dry, do you want a hall of famer who just came off of a Pro Bowl season and led his team to the NFC championship game or do you want Chad "Girl Arm" Pennington?

how can Favre be looked at as anything other than an upgrade @ the QB position?

forget the media and coverage \, its NY he'll deal with it. And if you really think it was Favre who caused all this media bullshit your really jaded. This is almost entirely on the Packers organization. they fucked this thing up from day one by trying to stave off favre and drag their feet in the hopes he would change his mind.

you'll be singing a different tune when the Jets are actually competing with teams instead of getting their shit pushed in with Pennington.

and if people think Favre can't get a moderate grasp on the Jets playbook by week 1 you really must not think much of a 16 year starting NFL QB. How hard could it possibly be to get a decent hanble of that playbook?

GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT MULLIGAN

you bastards stole him from us =(

that was our draft pick =(

hes a fuckin monster.

LOL...with us "crawling before we run" with JRuss I hope we can open some holes for DMAC...:tiphat:

I actually think Brett will struggle with the full playbook. Really going to have to pick 12-16 passing plays and run with them.

I actually think Brett will struggle with the full playbook. Really going to have to pick 12-16 passing plays and run with them.

:shake:

4 weeks is a short time to memorize a full playbook AND develop some sort of chemistry with your receivers.

you have some serious horse blinders on cap.

Its pretty much cut and dry, do you want a hall of famer who just came off of a Pro Bowl season and led his team to the NFC championship game or do you want Chad "Girl Arm" Pennington?

how can Favre be looked at as anything other than an upgrade @ the QB position?

forget the media and coverage \, its NY he'll deal with it. And if you really think it was Favre who caused all this media bullshit your really jaded. This is almost entirely on the Packers organization. they fucked this thing up from day one by trying to stave off favre and drag their feet in the hopes he would change his mind.

you'll be singing a different tune when the Jets are actually competing with teams instead of getting their shit pushed in with Pennington.

The BIG Q is if Farve @ a soon to be 39 has another season in him like last year...or does he regress to 05 & '06: 38 TD 47 INT

NFL Network reported the Packers will currently receive a fourth-round pick. If Favre plays 50 percent of the Jets' snaps in 2008, the Packers will receive a third-round pick. If Favre plays 70 percent of snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, the compensation increases to a second-round pick. The Packers would receive a first-round pick only if Favre plays 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make a Super Bowl appearance.

t/wreck a lot of our struggles came from a weak o/d line.... i think putting the blame on pennington is stretching it.
he has taken some serious licks over the years and many times had very little time to make his decisions.... hes an intelligent player thouogh and normally got rid of it effectively- whereas a player like favre would have forced it and threw the INT

look at the o-line now... finally getting stacked
dbrickashaw-mangold-faneca

if favre has a big year ill contribute it to the o-line finally coming around, not superman favre saving our franchise

im playing cash games on FT, trying to do 3 things at once. if anyone wants to sit down im at the 1/2, PM me. well pick this up tomorrow or later

My dream scenario is Green Bay beating the Jets in the Super Bowl and Favre taking a Theismann type hit on the 2nd play of the game ending his career.

that would be my dream scenario too

just GETTING to the super bowl is like winning one for jets fans:36_11_6:

Back