Bowl Games Discussion Thread (NOT CFP or New Year's Six)

These next two games w these shitty ACC teams are a toss up to me
Hadn't thought about conferences but I guess I do pretty much like fading the ACC in those two games

Seems like there could be some real motivation from USF (because they're USF and in an actual bowl game) and UCF for being the only of the newbie B12 teams to make a bowl game. Syracuse isn't scary and I just think UCF is much better than GT all over the field

But yet on Saturday - when we also have NFL games, college is doubling up with 2 games at each time slot. Why?
Lots of these shit bowls need to sell tickets to locals to survive, I'm sure that's easier said than done but playing on Saturday at least gives them a shot at somewhat a local crowd as opposed to a weeknight. I get that part of it.

Lots of these shit bowls need to sell tickets to locals to survive, I'm sure that's easier said than done but playing on Saturday at least gives them a shot at somewhat a local crowd as opposed to a weeknight. I get that part of it.
I was under the impression that only TV eyeballs mattered when it came to bowls. Maybe I'm wrong.

Guess we just have to wait and see but Tulane getting 10’ has some interest. If it’s Ibieta, he’s shown some talent at QB
I know a ton of transfers…

I was under the impression that only TV eyeballs mattered when it came to bowls. Maybe I'm wrong.
I think that's a common thought but bowls go belly up all the time, gotta be more than just tv. The sponsors matter to them more than ESPN does.

Last 4 bowl games...

Boise led 16-7... UCLA won 35-22
Cal led 14-0... Texas Tech won 34-14
ODU led 28-0... Western Kentucky won 38-35
Marshall led 14-0... UTSA won 35-17
This has been on my mind as far as the unpredictability. It could be that kind of Bowl season.

Tonight's game is brutal for contrarian betting. Early numbers are roughly 80% on UCF and 94% on over. Lmao...those will obviously change as the game gets closer but reality for me is if this was a regular season game I'd have it UCF -14.5 and would still bet UCF. Seeing this one as 50 something to 13ish.

Looking at the 4 newbies to the b12 this season, if GT were in that group they'd be last. Dogged to Houston in my book. I kinda expect UCF to score at least once on defense.

Yeah, I'm sure after that fast start and their dismal finish, these seniors are gonna give it their all...

They just really didn’t have anything to offer with their FB and QB out. The dive was ineffective and they had no threat of pass. Larrier if healthy makes them hard to defend.

SJSU LT not playing? Was looking at the #s and their D is bad. Chanc’s backup qb does have some experience. Line dropping

Much needed day off yesterday as I would have been all over UCF. Needed to just get fucked up and no gambling for a day

Today hard leans are Troy, AFA and Utes. Troy and Utes are likely ML partners

South Alabama QB Carter Bradley (knee) not dressed out for pre-game warm-ups for the 68 Ventures Bowl vs. Eastern Michigan.

Desmond Trotter was working with starting RB Braylon McReynolds, which indicates Trotter will start. Freshman Gio Lopez also expected to play.

PJ Fleck is 4-0 in bowl games. I know motivation is always a question mark in a game like this, but they should rally around Kramer (who is a local kid) and play hard today.

PJ Fleck is 4-0 in bowl games. I know motivation is always a question mark in a game like this, but they should rally around Kramer (who is a local kid) and play hard today.
Wonder if they will on Tuesday ;)

I’ve watched no bowl games yet and know nothing about the 2023 Gophers or Falcons but something is making me want to play Minny.

Fleck’s bowl record noted. QB gone, backup now starter local kid, noted. BGSU was in this bowl last year and lost. BGSU beat Min 2 years ago.

What are anyone’s thoughts on this game?

I’ve watched no bowl games yet and know nothing about the 2023 Gophers or Falcons but something is making me want to play Minny.

Fleck’s bowl record noted. QB gone, backup now starter local kid, noted. BGSU was in this bowl last year and lost. BGSU beat Min 2 years ago.
I lean this way but I’m just going by what I read…I know nothing of these teams
What are anyone’s thoughts on this game?

The “meaningless” Bowl Game comment is stupid. Just met w/UNC staff for Duke’s Mayo Bowl. Mack Brown said tomorrow is for new opportunities for his young players. Guys who didn’t play much get a chance in a bowl game in front of family & a national tv audience. That means a lot.

The “meaningless” Bowl Game comment is stupid. Just met w/UNC staff for Duke’s Mayo Bowl. Mack Brown said tomorrow is for new opportunities for his young players. Guys who didn’t play much get a chance in a bowl game in front of family & a national tv audience. That means a lot.
As a Miami fan its definitely not meaningless getting to face a great program like Rutgers and to have the opportunity to do it at Yankee Stadium just brings that much more excitement to the matchup.

Not one to guess on motivation, but their season ended w the Michigan loss. Didn’t achieve any if their year end goals.

Reactions: KJ
Not one to guess on motivation, but their season ended w the Michigan loss. Didn’t achieve any if their year end goals.
Think I saw somewhere that their #7 ranking is tied with the worst they've been since these playoff rankings have been going on.

Guessing motivation isn't easy but I have no reason to believe the base is excited to go to Dallas and play Missouri. If you told them this is where they'd be at the beginning of the season half the team might have quit on the spot. Flip side, you told Mizzou that same thing they're probably shunning away walk ons in droves.

Not sure what's up with the big line move towards OSU. I bet Mizzou ML -102 early December when the talk was about how many OSU starters were sitting it out & by kickoff Mizzou would be the chalk. Now I'm seeing them at +170 on the ML. I ask, what the fuck happened?

Not sure what's up with the big line move towards OSU. I bet Mizzou ML -102 early December when the talk was about how many OSU starters were sitting it out & by kickoff Mizzou would be the chalk. Now I'm seeing them at +170 on the ML. I ask, what the fuck happened?
Mizzou was the chalk a couple days ago. Bowl line movement can smd seriously

Back