Bowl Game (Not NY6 or CFP) Discussion Thread

Wazzou top 2 or 2 of top 3 WR are in the portal. Can’t bet Fresno yet, don’t know the status of their senior QB but that’s where I’m looking.

Wazzou top 2 or 2 of top 3 WR are in the portal. Can’t bet Fresno yet, don’t know the status of their senior QB but that’s where I’m looking.
Check that, he’s playing. Betting Fresno, they love to get Power 5 scalps.

Washington line has moved to 6. No clue why. Penix is playing. Huskies aren’t expecting opt outs. Only matter of time before Robinson says he’s sitting out for UT. Yes, game is in Texas, but in a dome, Penix should have a field day.

Few other interesting line movements:

Duke down to +1.5. UCF has lot of transfers. Their message board staff said they expect a ton of frosh to play in the bowl game.

BYU game has moved to evening- which should help cougars body clock. They are anywhere from -1.5 to +1.5

Missouri at +2.5. Hartman playing for Wake? Wake D also a mess.

Don’t know why Marshall is laying double digits against a motivated UConn squad.

Toledo went from a PK to -4. Vegas thinks they will lay down after Freeze has left

Usually on team fade MAC, but BG (PK to -2) is interesting. Early kick day after Christmas in Detroit. NMSU might have 30 fans there. BG played ucla tough early

Should Ohio minus Rourke be laying points to anyone in a bowl? Especially one on the west coast?

Okay,

The Iowa and Kentucky total is 31??
Considering it's a rematch of last year that finished 20-17 with arguably worse offenses this year it makes some sense to me, especially considering last year was in Orlando and the chance of worse weather in Nashvegas this year is high.

Should Ohio minus Rourke be laying points to anyone in a bowl? Especially one on the west coast?

That line must reflect the personnel situation at Wyoming. Two years in a row now some of their best players are in the portal. Very good DE for them is gone, starting CB gone, #1 WR gone, #1 RB dismissed and #2-3 RBs injured.

Of course I gravitate to the UTSA/Troy game and that whole thing says Troy...but personally I make UTSA about a 3 point favorite

:doh:

That line must reflect the personnel situation at Wyoming. Two years in a row now some of their best players are in the portal. Very good DE for them is gone, starting CB gone, #1 WR gone, #1 RB dismissed and #2-3 RBs injured.
That’s a good call out for sure. I grabbed the boys at 3, and seems it’s down to 1 now. Will see what the mood is as we head into that game, but the grab now was moreso just to get value and still allow for buy back, but worth noting Wyoming has had exodus and roster issues the last 2 years

These fuckers might have finally set a army/navy total I can’t bet under! I been banging the armed forces games under for long as I been here, every year I tell everyone don’t let the number scare you, don’t try to cap it, just bet the under and cash. I still want to play it, let me rephrase, they finally set a total that scares me, not one I can’t bet! Lol. Forget all stats and scores all year, the only game they both played that important to me was Air Force, navy lost to AF 13-10, army lost to AF 7-13!! So yea, under 33 is scary, I’d love to have gotten 35 at least (what I figured it be) but far from outrageous.

Navy appears to be the better team to me, they have actually beaten some solid teams this year while army only has 3 d1 wins and those came against 3 teams ranked in the 100s! Navy run d ranks much better than army but army saving grace may be they are very good keeping teams out the endzone when they get into the red zone and navy ranks 111th at this. Gotta expect navy has some better drives and do a lot the clock killing for us but then they have to settle for Fgs which perfect for the under but also gives army a path to stealing this game. Army is gonna need to hit a big strike as I don’t think they will be able to drive the field w the option on this navy run d.

Another thing I like to do on top of betting the under straight is to do a 6 point teaser. It would obviously make more sense to tease army up to +7.5 obviously w the under 39, as long as army can hold navy to fgs this could cash but it hard to ignore navy playing and beating the better teams. I hate teasing across 0, almost never do it but +4.5 w navy doesn’t sound bad either. Of the last 11 meetings only 3 been decided by more than 7, obviously a reason to tease army, 5 of them have been decided by 4 or less, the fav has only covered 3 of them but all 3 cases the tease wouldn’t have mattered but those were much bigger spreads where 1 team was clearly better, the dog has covered every spread of 7 or less so again makes me think moving army to +7.5 the way to go. The question is army ability to get red zone stops negate the fact navy run game will prob have more success? Army also has the better kicker so when army does force navy into a fg try they only connecting on 66% of them which 102nd in the country.

Sounds like I’m gonna once again be on the under 33 despite the crazy low total, until I get beat a few times I can’t get off a play that has cashed 16x in a row no matter where they put the total! The games vs AF give me confidence they more than capable of keeping this in the 20s! I lean to army+7.5 and under 39 on the teaser but I could be talked off of that.

These fuckers might have finally set a army/navy total I can’t bet under! I been banging the armed forces games under for long as I been here, every year I tell everyone don’t let the number scare you, don’t try to cap it, just bet the under and cash. I still want to play it, let me rephrase, they finally set a total that scares me, not one I can’t bet! Lol. Forget all stats and scores all year, the only game they both played that important to me was Air Force, navy lost to AF 13-10, army lost to AF 7-13!! So yea, under 33 is scary, I’d love to have gotten 35 at least (what I figured it be) but far from outrageous.

Navy appears to be the better team to me, they have actually beaten some solid teams this year while army only has 3 d1 wins and those came against 3 teams ranked in the 100s! Navy run d ranks much better than army but army saving grace may be they are very good keeping teams out the endzone when they get into the red zone and navy ranks 111th at this. Gotta expect navy has some better drives and do a lot the clock killing for us but then they have to settle for Fgs which perfect for the under but also gives army a path to stealing this game. Army is gonna need to hit a big strike as I don’t think they will be able to drive the field w the option on this navy run d.

Another thing I like to do on top of betting the under straight is to do a 6 point teaser. It would obviously make more sense to tease army up to +7.5 obviously w the under 39, as long as army can hold navy to fgs this could cash but it hard to ignore navy playing and beating the better teams. I hate teasing across 0, almost never do it but +4.5 w navy doesn’t sound bad either. Of the last 11 meetings only 3 been decided by more than 7, obviously a reason to tease army, 5 of them have been decided by 4 or less, the fav has only covered 3 of them but all 3 cases the tease wouldn’t have mattered but those were much bigger spreads where 1 team was clearly better, the dog has covered every spread of 7 or less so again makes me think moving army to +7.5 the way to go. The question is army ability to get red zone stops negate the fact navy run game will prob have more success? Army also has the better kicker so when army does force navy into a fg try they only connecting on 66% of them which 102nd in the country.

Sounds like I’m gonna once again be on the under 33 despite the crazy low total, until I get beat a few times I can’t get off a play that has cashed 16x in a row no matter where they put the total! The games vs AF give me confidence they more than capable of keeping this in the 20s! I lean to army+7.5 and under 39 on the teaser but I could be talked off of that.
You can chase under 1h, if game under hits then at least one half will

And fwiw I'd only take under in the Nashville Bowl and it's set at 31

You can chase under 1h, if game under hits then at least one half will

And fwiw I'd only take under in the Nashville Bowl and it's set at 31

Who playing that game? Iowa I assume?

Gotta play the armed forces unders, ride till the wheels fall off, shit been free money for so long, I remember last year might have been one the AF games I forget but they went to ot and still managed to stay under! Gotta love these option teams who know each other so well and giving everything they got. Insane not to play them!!

Reactions: KJ
Yeah Iowa/Kentucky and they played last year in the bowl game with better offenses

Can’t believe they actually lower than army/navy! Certainly makes sense, I’ll prob be on that w you. Is Levis gonna play? Not that it matters but I’d guess no, they can’t score shit w him, without him they really struggle. It still baffles me the draft ppl think he a top 5 pick, dunno wtf they been watching, he seems like high bust potential, if you ass in college I dunno how you go top 5, you can play for a bad team and not be great but imo he been a big part of uk offensive woes, he gonna get someone fired!

Yeah Iowa/Kentucky and they played last year in the bowl game with better offenses

I havnt been to the soccer forum but I’m so enjoying this World Cup! I’ve watched a ton of matches I didn’t even have action on! Yes it helps me take some naps but I do love it! So much better a watch than nfl! No commercials so great! There a few things I don’t like bout it but I dunno how ppl bang on it?! I was bummed japs went out, they were my favorite team to watch, such a fun style! and hit a few bets with them! Was disappointed they appeared content to go to penalties/didn’t press in extra time but maybe they were gassed? I was afraid they didn’t match up w penalty kicks vs the big euro team.

Air Force coming off four straight wins, Baylor off three straight losses. Is the motivation there for them?

Usually on team fade MAC, but BG (PK to -2) is interesting. Early kick day after Christmas in Detroit. NMSU might have 30 fans there. BG played ucla tough early

BG blk'd punt for TD to lead 7-0 then UCLA muffed punt at their own 10 yard line leading to a FG and a 10-7 BG lead off of just 5 yards of offense (1Q total yards were 156-60 for UCLA). BG did have a nice drive spanning the 1Q - 2Q for TD. That drive accounted for 73 of their 162 total yards for the game. UCLA outgained them 368-102 at HT but the game was just 24-17 Bruins.

Bowling Green in general is a very inconsistent team, being held to 17 pts or fewer in 5 of 8 MAC games! Even their big win vs Marshall, they were nearly blown out to start that game (BG opened with 5 straight 3-and-outs while falling behind 0-14).

At their best, BG is a solid team. At their worse they look like they did in losing to Buffalo.

Troy vs UTSA is very compelling game. Sun Belt Champ vs CUSA Champ. UTSA has never won a bowl game and Troy hasn't been in a bowl game since 2018. Both teams should be really up for this game.

Seems like these days playing at elevation means less than it used to. Perhaps that is due to the conditioning of current athletes. In theory less oxygen, more difficult to recover, more fatigue - I'm not sure we see this impact games any longer. So SMU playing BYU at ABQ might not matter so much in elevation. It will be cold at kickoff though, looks like it will be 31 at kickoff and dropping into the night. Not sure the Dallas kids will like it all that much where as BYU lives in both the cold and the altitude.

Seems like these days playing at elevation means less than it used to. Perhaps that is due to the conditioning of current athletes. In theory less oxygen, more difficult to recover, more fatigue - I'm not sure we see this impact games any longer. So SMU playing BYU at ABQ might not matter so much in elevation. It will be cold at kickoff though, looks like it will be 31 at kickoff and dropping into the night. Not sure the Dallas kids will like it all that much where as BYU lives in both the cold and the altitude.
Bowl games have less effect for sure since they typically go there about a week before the games

I read SMU got there Wednesday. They went faster tempo in practice than normal to stress themselves more

I just think about all the low elevation teams that have traveled to elevation and won games the last several years, just seems like something that doesn't matter like it did 20+ years ago

Air Force coming off four straight wins, Baylor off three straight losses. Is the motivation there for them?

Baylor D front personnel vs very good AF OL will be great to watch. This should be the best D on paper that AF has had to go against in quite a while. Baylor D was disappointing this year overall, but with a guy like Siaki Ika in the middle (6'4" 358 lbs) and Jaxon Player (experience vs Navy while at Tulsa) it should give AF some challenges.

I don't have any sort of gauge on Baylor to try and balance a lean on the game. Motivation for AF should not be an issue. They get up for games vs P5 (won last 4 although two of those were vs CU - the other two came in their last two bowl wins, Louisville last year and Wash St before that). Plus a win here gives them the double digit 10 win total for the year, something players and coaches like to talk about and actually take out the covid year and AF will be looking to extend their DD win season streak to 3 if they win this game.

Reactions: KJ
I think the conditioning is just so good now.

I've given up in the NBA on altitudes plays. Simply isn't the factor it used to be.

Troy vs UTSA is very compelling game. Sun Belt Champ vs CUSA Champ. UTSA has never won a bowl game and Troy hasn't been in a bowl game since 2018. Both teams should be really up for this game.
surprised not more on this game - think it can be one of best bowl games of season..........I'm gonna take the better d in what should be a close game especially at 3

surprised not more on this game - think it can be one of best bowl games of season..........I'm gonna take the better d in what should be a close game especially at 3

Not an easy game to visualize how it turns out in my opinion. Due to the quality D of Troy and the quality O of UTSA I found it difficult to feel strong about much. I'm finding it difficult to feel strong about anything past maybe 3 games on the slate.

We will start our Thursday morn @ about 43. The cold front will hit in the afternoon.
North winds 25-30, 40mph gusts. Temp dropping to about 11 by morning.
Gonna be cold for the AF/Baylor clash.
I took the flyboys.

Weather for games today

Shreveport, breezy and pretty chilly

1671822385738.png
1671822438474.png

Last edited:
Back