Black Monday...

How do these coaches get to keep recycling to stay in the league?
It will be the forever question

Rumor has it that Reich is on the Cardinals short list, I can't imagine why unless he comes in as a coordinator

How do these coaches get to keep recycling to stay in the league?
GMs are afraid to look dumb, it's easier to defend a hiring if it fails if you can say he was already a head guy

I think it's why most of the interesting hires, especially in the other big 3 sports, are at the management level, and even they hire retreads as coaches

giphy.gif

Jets making the big splash! Lmao. I gotta believe this was the same misguided attempt broncos made to get Rodgers? After that don’t work you just left with a crappy oc!

I will be really happy with Flores

Think he got jobbed in Miami and apparently is highly regarded here with the big guys

Leftwich, EB, Quinn....not like any of them would hurt my feelings really but I want Flores

Flores got absolutely hosed in mia, all because he wanted them to take Herbert and not Tua, I’d say he looking 100% right on that. He prob the best culture changer out there and that probably what cards need more than anything.

Sounds like coaches are bailing on donks job. They back to talking with Harbaugh who I thought was back to sticking with Michigan? Nobody that has options wants Russell Wilson with that huge contract and a team full of guys who don’t like or respect him!! Lol

Quinn is staying in Dallas as DC

And they got rid of Moore. Can’t blame them really, that offense was so Dak and dunk, not sure they get a better OC tho? I heard Moore was possibly going to chargers, that be a upgrade for them I think, hell I’d make him head coach before that tard Staley. Moore should blossom as a play caller with Herbert and those wrs, worlds better than Dak and what Dallas working with.

Reactions: KJ
And they got rid of Moore. Can’t blame them really, that offense was so Dak and dunk, not sure they get a better OC tho? I heard Moore was possibly going to chargers, that be a upgrade for them I think, hell I’d make him head coach before that tard Staley.
He was hired by LAC this morning already

It sure seems like these coaching hires taking a lot longer than typical this year doesn’t it? Most years feels like coordinators of the teams playing into the conference championship and/or SB often miss out cause the hiring finished before their teams out.

Cowboys - I'm local, so BIG PICTURE is clear. Jerry has to sell his product in 2023 - so heads must roll - it ain't gonna be his - or MM.

Dallas is run by Jerry's ego - his desire to win 'his own' title - as Jimmy gets the credit for 3 SB. So he never hires the best coach, rather one he can work with (let him coach basically). He constantly undermines his HC - players can go over the HC's head to their buddy Jerry.

As a result - NOBODY is accountable. The GM (Jones idiots) can never be fired. If JJ likes you - a job for life. Players of course are not disciplined - and plagued by poor leadership - leaders do not form in a COUNTRY CLUB, as they're not needed, right? Texas Longhorns have had the same (type) issue.

Better lately - as Jerry backs off - knowing his years are numbered, but big picture issues / organizational flaws remain and won't change. As he has said "Boys are about GLITZ AND GLAMOUR"

So beware if looking at the direction of the franchise - future wagers. They ain't going nowhere.

Dont see it from his side at all besides money

He could have done tv and waited a year for better jobs

They gave up a 1st and a 2nd too, so their top 5 pick is in seattle, they had san fransiscos first via miami from the chubb deal

But that's now with saints

If russell isn't the guy, that's a disaster

I dont think russ is Hackett bad, but hes not a top 8 qb anymore

So number 30 overall then and next year's 2 for 3 swap

Basically amounts to likely a couple high end 2nd rounders for a later round 3rd unless Denver somehow crushes it next season, very unlikely

He took the money to finish fourth in the division for the next three years. Raiders and Chargers roster much better and Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy just win football games. Outside of McDaniels and Staley sucking to help him overcome that or some major moves, they just don't rate to be very good and their defense will only get worse from here, not better. Feel bad for him. One of the toughest spots to go to right now. Nowhere near the upside of a team like the Jets.

Kinda wanted more but definitely didn’t want it not getting done this year.

How much they paying him, that out yet?

Dont see it from his wide at all besides money

They gave up a 1st and a 2nd too, so their top 5 pick is in seattle, they had san fransiscos first via miami from the chubb deal

Don't think he was top 8 in the conference

Mahomes
Burrow
Herbert
Carr
Tua
Lamar
Jones
Trevor

Dont see it from his side at all besides money

This is a money grab pure and simple. Super rich owner willing to pay for a name. He’s going to find out real fast running his offense in the Rocky Mountains is not going to be anything like running it in a loud-ass dome with no weather conditions. And he has to do this with a washed up QB? Good luck.

Ryans a good hire for the texans

Will change that culture right away, good spot with a qb at 1oa to build around, enticing for an OC who wants his name out there in a big way for a head job in a few years

Watson and/or Pickett should rank above Russ at this point. One can legitimately make a case Russ isn’t even top 10 in the AFC alone. That seems insane but also very logical.

Watson and/or Pickett should rank above Russ at this point. One can legitimately make a case Russ isn’t even top 10 in the AFC alone. That seems insane but also very logical.
Even the teams with worse qb play last year in the afc

Texans and colts have top 5 picks

Jets all but admitted they are getting one of rodgers, jimmy g, or carr

So could very well say they have worst qb situation in the whole conference

I really don’t think Russ has diminished that much skills wise, where that puts him among afc qbs im not really sure, obviously behind mahomes, burrow, Allen, Herbert, and Lawrence, don’t think he was ever better than any of them. I think his issue is way more personality based, by all accounts he not very liked or respected in the locker room thanks to his thinking he above everyone behavior. I have no doubt Peyton knows this and he respects Peyton enough to probably listen and make some changes. I just can’t imagine Peyton not being able to make a offense work w Russ and the talent they have at skill positions, I think he damn sure still better than Brees was his last couple years. They still have a really good d, if I can get a win total of less than 9 I’d probably play the over.

Is this the right place to put another fake drama queen retirement by Brady? Jfc him and Rodgers say anything to get these morons to all talk about them every day.

Belly is highest paid at 20/yr

Talk about Paying for past performance. I’d be giving his ass a haircut after that 2 oc’s who didn’t understand a lick of offense between them nonsense, Is there possibly a more effective way to stunt the growth of a young qb? He coach and gm isn’t he? Can’t think of who pats gm is so assuming it hoody, I’d remove him from that role if so but there no taking power back from him at this point without firing him which probably never happen.

If Raiders get Garoppolo, one has to question what their plans were unless it was financially related (which i don't follow). Carr is clearly superior as a QB and it isn't that close. Stidham .... ooof. Draft when built to win now ... ooof. Jacoby Brissett ....ooof

Better be Rodgers or these guys are F'ed in the A for not having a real plan but if it is Garoppolo who is a bad version of Carr then shit

If Raiders get Garoppolo, one has to question what their plans were unless it was financially related (which i don't follow). Carr is clearly superior as a QB and it isn't that close. Stidham .... ooof. Draft when built to win now ... ooof. Jacoby Brissett ....ooof

Better be Rodgers or these guys are F'ed in the A for not having a real plan but if it is Garoppolo who is a bad version of Carr then shit
Zach Wilson is on their radar

I think they had designs on Brady also. You right tho, gonna look really silly axing carr for Jimmy g.

Back