Black Monday...

I dont see him getting a head job right away, maybe in future

I've heard the NE stuff before, I know he was drafted there so some ties

may not want to work with another qb who yells at their OC on sideline every week tho
Yeah was pretty surprised to see the Rams even suggested

Could be a very tough spot to land someone though, didn't they mortgage their future basically for last season?

Yeah was pretty surprised to see the Rams even suggested

Could be a very tough spot to land someone though, didn't they mortgage their future basically for last season?
Ya, anyone who takes that job needs every dollar guaranteed, they can probly squeeze another year out of it if staff is healthy and a good fa window

But it's the 3 after next year that are ugly

Adam Gase on line 2….
I was waiting for someone to bring up Gase but I don't see him as being qualified as his success as a coordinator came with a veteran Peyton Manning who he had nothing to do with developing. Gase getting head coaching opportunities is the same as Nathaniel Hackett getting the Denver job because he coached an already established Aaron Rodgers.

If I was hiring a head coach it would be a coordinator that had success with either a young QB that he helped develop like Steichen in Philadelphia with Hurts or a guy like Ben Johnson who has gotten a ton out of a veteran like Goff.

There are plenty of solid head coaches that came from the defensive side, I agree these days you more likely to find success with a offensive guy, defensive head coaches just gotta be smart enough to hire a good oc who meshes well with what he wants. Why you implying Saleh isn’t a good coach? I was skeptical when they hired him but think it has worked out very well, they woulda been a playoff team if they drafted any the Qb’s not named Zach Wilson. You jets fans are tough to please, the guy actually turning out to be a good hire and you don’t like him? Whatever side the ball you come from the most important thing is giving your team a identity amd Saleh has done that imo, give him
A decent qb before you run him out of town cause he would get another job quick!!
I get that you hate Wilson and thats fine but if you think he was the only problem with the offense you are wrong. The Jets didn't score one touchdown in the last three games with 3 different QBs.

Saleh must and I mean absolutely must get rid of his childhood friend LaFleur to regain any credibility. You absolutely cannot hire a first time coordinator and first time QB coach when you have no expertise on that side of the ball. There is no way to justify the jobs that LaFleur or the QB coach Calabrese did with any of the QBs or the offense in general.

As for Jets fans being hard to please we haven't exactly been a successful franchise. They haven't made the playoffs in more than a decade which is the longest streak in the league. The offense hasn't been good since 98 so this idea that we are hard to please is pure nonsense.

Its always the QBs fault today its Wilson before that Darnold was the problem and before that Sanchez and Geno were the issue. Sorry but the blame cannot go solely on the QB when the offenses this team has had have been terrible for more than 20 years. This is an organizational failure and why I want a proven head coach like Payton or a great offensive mind like Steichen, Ben Johnson, or Mike Kafka who deserves credit for turning around the career of Daniel Jones.

If Saleh is staying and I assume he is at this point he must cut bait with LaFleur friendship be damned. I apologize for being long winded but this organization deserves the criticism far more than any one player.

Last edited:
HAHA 4 coaches gone from Nashville
Vrabel is a good coach and getting rid of the offensive coordinator was the right move but he really has to clean up that side of the ball. Its all well and good to be able to run the ball and play solid defense but the Titans offenses have been consistently conservative and boring which is why they have struggled as they have in recent playoff games.

Vrabel is a good coach and getting rid of the offensive coordinator was the right move but he really has to clean up that side of the ball. Its all well and good to be able to run the ball and play solid defense but the Titans offenses have been consistently conservative and boring which is why they have struggled as they have in recent playoff games.

Another crappy qb (not Zach Wilson bad cause he not a entitled prick) remember what happened when they let tannehill throw the ball? You dumpster dive for qb’s (or make awful draft decision, Zach Wilson) you not gonna have a explosive offense. Coaches can only do so much, it no accident most the “great” coaches have really good qbs. Most ppl don’t think much of Zach Taylor but bengals gonna keep winning cause Burrow.

Don’t forget OC also had the DUI in season.

I’d be shocked even as a oc on this level, his offense is awful, only reason it had its moments was Murray running around and dhop able to win matchups. Imo His schemes don’t do lessor players any favors far as getting anyone open. It often boggled my mind watching them even when they were playing well, just don’t think he has the chops for this level. I think he would be fortunate to land a oc gig at a power 5 school. I mean why bother tho? Im sure what he made at this gig along w buyout he can enjoy life without needing a income.

He's developed a lot of qbs over the years. Obviously not at nfl but quite a few at college. He will always be a hot commodity as an oc especially in college. Dude is a shitty head coach, but when sole focus is on offense he'll succeed.

Last edited:
He's developed a lot of qbs over the years. Obviously not at nfl but quite a few at college. He will always be a hot commodity as an oc especially in college. Dude is a shitty head coach, but when sole focus is on offense he'll succeed.

I don’t think his offense plays at nfl level, college sure, I was maybe exaggerating a bit when I said he have to be equipment manager or a community college oc (lol), I’m sure he could land a power 5 oc job, maybe even HC at a desperate power 5. I dunno why the hell he would want to? I assume he has a very nice buyout since he just suckered them into a extension last offseason, take the money and chill! Work is for suckers!

Sean Payton sweepstakes begin

AZ and Hou have requested thus far and more to come I bet.

If Dallas shits the bed that’s the fave spot I would think

LaFleur is out as the report earlier today which several Jets beat reporters denied was actually correct. Knowing the Jets they will probably make things worse and hire Nathaniel Hackett.

Sean Payton sweepstakes begin

AZ and Hou have requested thus far and more to come I bet.

If Dallas shits the bed that’s the fave spot I would think
Cardinals are trading Hopkins this year, had mcafee in background today and they were talking about it being reported and he wants out, owner is telling gms in interviews to factor that in

So Arizona is out imo if I'm payton, kyler isnt the guy, his teammates dont like him, even wilson got defended by his

Teams a full rebuild in 2 years

It was enough for me to toss a future on them.
Right ya, it was I checked and see

Cause rodgers decided later, and then a few days after rodgers announced, devantae trade happened

I wonder if he and Rodgers are tight if rodgers tries to make it a package deal if he leaves

Right ya, it was I checked and see

Cause rodgers decided later, and then a few days after rodgers announced, devantae trade happened

I wonder if he and Rodgers are tight if rodgers tries to make it a package deal if he leaves
He mentioned Devante in his post game Sunday.

Ya never know.

Devante news was St Paddy's or one off that day. I remember the excitement in town (was there then) was quite high. What a disappointment all around.

First two since noon today, everyone already knows DHop is getting traded. By far not a done deal of course, but he gets more power to recommend GM in AZ. Afraid of what the Cards would have to give up to get him though, probably why DHop is on the market. Saints will get a small haul wherever he goes if it's this year.

First two since noon today, everyone already knows DHop is getting traded. By far not a done deal of course, but he gets more power to recommend GM in AZ. Afraid of what the Cards would have to give up to get him though, probably why DHop is on the market. Saints will get a small haul wherever he goes if it's this year.

It's not a bad cap hit, I assume he gets a new one anyway but 2 years and 34m left, you will get way more than you traded for him

He mentioned Devante in his post game Sunday.

Ya never know.

Devante news was St Paddy's or one off that day. I remember the excitement in town (was there then) was quite high. What a disappointment all around.
Ya, will come good, everyone thought he was out with Carr but he said last week this is his last team and he wants to be involved in qb selection

Announcers brought up how he didnt like the uncertainty of rodgers last few years, wants someone who he can build a connection with long term

More and more sounds like Brady, not exactly long term tho
When you're in Vegas, gonna have to make splash hires

Brady for a year would be like we've come full circle

The best job to me would be LA Chargers and honestly let SP see if he wants to GM it too or have one he liked a bunch. Herbert is the best QB by far.

What’s the roadblock there? L.A.?
He lives in LA, LAC would be ideal but they aren't firing Staley at this point and no chance Spanos pays what he wants

Again, two biggest factors...GM control and it's gonna cost several draft picks, starting with two first rounders and more

Not sure why the logistics isn't more a talking point, he has to agree to a place that will be giving up several early picks for him

And no chance he coexists with a Jerry of the world

Broncos would be more likely than LAC right now

Apparently Kirby of all people talked to AZ.

Denver got some Rooney Rule in with David Shaw. I only say that because I thought he didn't want to coach anymore/for awhile?

The best job to me would be LA Chargers and honestly let SP see if he wants to GM it too or have one he liked a bunch. Herbert is the best QB by far.

What’s the roadblock there? L.A.?
Chargers job would be the one Payton most wants because of Herbert but that ownership group is so cheap it makes Woody Johnson look like Steve Cohen.

Last edited:
Saleh should have been fired along with his friend LaFleur especially if he's actually thinking of guys like Bevell or Hackett.

Houston went black QB and black coach and the outcome for the owner is that everyone thinks he is a racist. You cannot win in this world if you play into the bullshit. The Rooney rule is a disgrace. Interview the best available options whether they are black, all white or something else. This focus on the color of people's skin is so stupid. Next week there is a movie coming out about the first black person to become a certified public accountant. Apparently they ran out of all the other firsts to make a movie about.

Also look at what the Rooney rule does ..... people (including in this thread) believe that shaw was only brought in because of the Rooney rule which is pretty damn insulting even if true. I mean, the guy was or is a great football coach. That is not a condemnation of anyone who thinks that ... I am saying that thought is a direct result of the Rooney rule. It devalues the black coach because it makes it seem like they just interview or hire because of that instead of their ability. That would irk me to no end and it has to be that way for them too (maybe not the hired because the money is so good).

Houston went black QB and black coach and the outcome for the owner is that everyone thinks he is a racist. You cannot win in this world if you play into the bullshit. The Rooney rule is a disgrace. Interview the best available options whether they are black, all white or something else. This focus on the color of people's skin is so stupid. Next week there is a movie coming out about the first black person to become a certified public accountant. Apparently they ran out of all the other firsts to make a movie about.

Also look at what the Rooney rule does ..... people (including in this thread) believe that shaw was only brought in because of the Rooney rule which is pretty damn insulting even if true. I mean, the guy was or is a great football coach. That is not a condemnation of anyone who thinks that ... I am saying that thought is a direct result of the Rooney rule. It devalues the black coach because it makes it seem like they just interview or hire because of that instead of their ability. That would irk me to no end and it has to be that way for them too (maybe not the hired because the money is so good).
Rooney rule is stupid but that's exactly what it meant. Shaw specifically says he doesn't want to coach, not like he's a serious candidate if he means it.

Cards HC before Kliff was black and only lasted 1 season (poor QB drafted) and the same coach went on to make Charlotte relevant this season somehow as an interim coach (again poor QB play) and won't be retained it seems. That's a guy who should be pissed.

speaking of black coaches (ugh i said it), I think Tomlin probably deserves a look for coach of the year. Of course, I think Pete Carroll deserves it and has no shot, while Siriani will win it.

And I despise Carroll and think he has been an awful head coach in key moments. But getting that shitty roster to a playoff in this league is pretty impressive, particularly with that QB.

I guess the Giants coach might deserve it too. Tough this year. Same as Carroll ... terrible roster and in the playoffs (and in the toughest division in football this year)

I agree with you completely other than your opinion of David Shaw who is horrendous.

Back