Black Monday...

As a rebuilding team, why fire Lovie?

Did McNair etc not see how freaking competitive that team was the last 5 weeks sans one game?
It's unfair to ask why with that org

Love to see their marketing plan going forward

Dennis Allen being retained..Staff decisions next week.

I’m sure that means Carmichael is done like I said and falling on the sword

Buccs fired Leftwich

How can you get any more incompetent? He'll be a head coach somewhere next year, what a gong show

Dont see anyway he gets a head job right now

His stock plummeted this year, whether it was his fault or not entirely

Hes looking for OC roles
Interesting perspective

That team had no busiiness making the playoffs, that job was a dead fish from day 1

Best thing that happened to Byron was getting firee from that disease. Best part is Bowles will take the entire blame.

Interesting perspective

That team had no busiiness making the playoffs, that job was a dead fish from day 1

Best thing that happened to Byron was getting firee from that disease. Best part is Bowles will take the entire blame.
They finished 8-9, they didnt deserve playoffs

The offense was in no way any good, hes getting plenty of blame, he was getting a ton of criticism about not incorporating more play action, deeper passing windows etc.

They were 3 for 61 or whatever on 3rd and 10 or more the broadcast kept showing
17th in offensive dvoa

I dont see how anything about this year was good for him, he was probably seen as a top 5 OC in terms of his career options going forward and who guys would could see as future head coaches

After this year hes just another guy, needs to rebuild his reputation to even sniff a head job

If anything this year showed how much of a pushover he was

Arians out was a brady move, and with no Arians there to keep to the offensive plan that was successful last 2 years, brady just basically snowed him

Why are you so high on leftwich?

The offense was in no way any good, hes getting plenty of blame, he was getting a ton of criticism about not incorporating more play action, deeper passing windows etc.

17th in offensive dvoa

I dont see how anything about this year was good for him, he was probably seen as a top 5 OC in terms of his career options going forward and who guys would could see as future head coaches

After this year hes just another guy, needs to rebuild his reputation to even sniff a head job
I'm asleep

17th in offensive dvoa

The beauty of football

One season can define you after years of success

Now he's some comeback story

Saints still trying to hold onto the glory years. Retain Pete Carmichael and fire only the TE’s coach.

This could go very bad. Trying to hold onto the old band too long can cost you years

Saints still trying to hold onto the glory years. Retain Pete Carmichael and fire only the TE’s coach.

This could go very bad. Trying to hold onto the old band too long can cost you years
I no longer want Sean at 20-25 mil/yr plus a first rounder. That's insane compensation.

I think Carolina is the favorite but trading in the division is tricky
Not in this instance. For one they have the owner to pay. Also, the Saints absolutely HAVE to get it done THIS year, and all know it

Reactions: KJ
Not in this instance. For one they have the owner to pay. Also, the Saints absolutely HAVE to get it done THIS year, and all know it
Crazy that it seems like the home team were willing to make the moves (moving down in the draft from 3rd and also trading DHop w/2yrs left) to get the draft capital but after all that and hearing he wants 20-25 on top isn't feasible. Hiring a GM w/o Payton here basically solidified going a different direction and I'm good with that given the demands.

Crazy that it seems like the home team were willing to make the moves (moving down in the draft from 3rd and also trading DHop w/2yrs left) to get the draft capital but after all that and hearing he wants 20-25 on top isn't feasible. Hiring a GM w/o Payton here basically solidified going a different direction and I'm good with that given the demands.
He had Drew Brees. I’ll have my popcorn ready either way, but he is easily the top coach out there available and it seems only a few teams in the run….wonder if he waits another year. Hope not as I stated above.

Reactions: KJ
He had Drew Brees. I’ll have my popcorn ready either way, but he is easily the top coach out there available and it seems only a few teams in the run….wonder if he waits another year. Hope not as I stated above.
I think he goes to the Pans since they're willing to give it all up. Can't see Houston affording to, they actually need draft capital. Broncos can pay but they're no good either and not sure he wants to move from LA to Denver.

Wonn't be shocked at all if the Cards go for Leftwich, he's got history here and that year they made him OC midseason under Wilkes, the offense picked up significantly even with Rosen

I no longer want Sean at 20-25 mil/yr plus a first rounder. That's insane compensation.

Why you care how much money it is? Not like it goes against the cap. I’d think you want your team to pay whatever it takes. One 1st rounder isn’t bad, I’d give it up on a heartbeat for the only coach I trust I can bring in and fix this shit.

Why you care how much money it is? Not like it goes against the cap. I’d think you want your team to pay whatever it takes. One 1st rounder isn’t bad, I’d give it up on a heartbeat for the only coach I trust I can bring in and fix this shit.
They want way more than a first rounder, that's why we backed the fuck up fast

They want way more than a first rounder, that's why we backed the fuck up fast

Ah, yea that fucked up, don’t really think you should get more than a 1 for a coach, I mean why not take a 1st rounder? It more than they have now; word is he loves Tv, I don’t see him going to sone crappy spot, they screw around and won’t get anything.

I figured he was for sure going to Denver. That only other I see him wanting to take. I don’t think any chance he would go to houston and kinda doubt panthers.

Ah, yea that fucked up, don’t really think you should get more than a 1 for a coach, I mean why not take a 1st rounder? It more than they have now; word is he loves Tv, I don’t see him going to sone crappy spot, they screw around and won’t get anything.
He lives in LA and really doesn't want to move...figured Rams would work and us too, no chance in hell Spanos would pay him

He's probably on tv again next year, don't think anyone really wants to meet the Saints' asking price...with is a completely different discussion

He lives in LA and really doesn't want to move...figured Rams would work and us too, no chance in hell Spanos would pay him

He's probably on tv again next year, don't think anyone really wants to meet the Saints' asking price...with is a completely different discussion

I doubt he wants to go to any team that crapy/desperate enough to give up more than a 1st.

who do u want now?

Plus shaw just torpedoed Stanford haha
I will be really happy with Flores

Think he got jobbed in Miami and apparently is highly regarded here with the big guys

Leftwich, EB, Quinn....not like any of them would hurt my feelings really but I want Flores

I will be really happy with Flores

Think he got jobbed in Miami and apparently is highly regarded here with the big guys

Leftwich, EB, Quinn....not like any of them would hurt my feelings really but I want Flores
Ya I liked him in miami, did good in a bad situation

Seems like a good culture guy too for locker room

Back