Big rant on BJK-LFC and CL Wednesday plays

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
I don't see Liverpool worth backing at these odds. I've seen Besiktas play once or twice this year, I know their results and they're definitely a lackluster team, but as a Liverpool supporter I have to say I'm not overly confident in their win against BJK.

The thing is, and I hate to say this - things haven't looked WORSE than this since Rafa arrived to the club. After a very solid start into the season their game has deteriorated, their main strength, a solid defensive midfield backed by an unbreakable defense - is not at it's best. Agger and Xabi Alonso picked up injuries, Hyypia had to take in the central defender spot and he is so slow nowadays, Sissoko and Mascherano turned into highly unreliable players, can't imagine how they were so good last season and can't pass the ball now...

Crouch is unhappy, Kuyt still biting his nails every 5 minutes and making grimaces for the misses, Torres is now out injured, Gerrard had a talk with Benitez after he substituted him against Everton...

Rafa is making some strange calls, still rotating the squad, trying to figure out how to use Leto, Lucas, Babel, Benayoun...rotating, making them change places...

I wouldn't say things are chaotic, but they definitely need some time to regroup and recapture the winning chemistry.

ALSO have in mind, Everton should have been awarded with a penalty, 2-2 is the realistic result.

Had it not been for Benayoun, Liverpool wouldn't have won at Wigan, they ALMOST lost to Tottenham at ANFIELD, LOST TO MARSEILLE(!) at home...

Come on!

How can you find these odds backable? Last season - definitely, as Liverpool were quite confident then, played very well in CL stage and Besiktas really is poor.

Liverpool should not be -0.75 here, they shouldn't be priced 1.69 to win. That is an unrealistic price. I would have expected a -0.25 or level ball. The Reds have immense problems with their scoring (the only forward who wasn't bad during this black period was Fernando Torres. And he's out) and for the FIRST TIME IN YEARS their defense does NOT look stellar.

Trust me, I watch majority of their games and no one would be happier than me to be able to say "back Liverpool, they're great, they will outclass Besiktas with ease".

I'm NOT SAYING LIVERPOOL WILL NOT WIN. I'm saying they are a bad investment. There is a huge difference, experienced and smart punters will have no trouble understanding it, others will be puzzled.

To me it's like going to the store and paying more than you actually purchased. Meaning you are voluntarily giving your money away by making bad investments.

Perhaps I'm wrong, because I've been in a terrible streak with football lately, lost approximately 20 units in the past 3 weeks (thank God I won MUCH more on NHL and MLB, but that's not the point), my perception could be faltered, but in this case, I am definitely not forcing anything, my heart says Liverpool but my mind screams "no value whatsoever". Not even a fair line.

Liverpool are desperate, I will be watching the game tomorrow and hope for the best. Trust me, even if you win your bets you won't be happier than me Smile. But there is a very important factor here as well. They play against Arsenal this weekend.

Arsenal have 1 day more to rest, they played AT HOME, they crushed Slavia Prague 7-0 and are enjoying the show, without much pressure.

Liverpool are under HUGE pressure right now. Sometimes a team will play well under pressure, but this early in the season, the Reds are already trying to salvage their season...not a good spot for them.

To conclude (sorry for the lengthy post)...I hope for an away win (any kind of win really), but would say the value is on draw here. 0-0, 1-1 are results I could see. Liverpool would be in a bad position then but definitely not out. When they improve their form they can beat Porto at Anfield and Marseille at Velodrome, trust me.

But these odds are worthless in my eyes.

Very likely no play, since I do not believe Besiktas will win either, so I either put a few units on the draw or no play.

Leans for actual plays:

Real Madrid - Olympiakos over 3 goals

Shakhtar X2

Werder - Lazio under 2.75

Only leans so far, will post my plays later on. :cheers:

Last edited:
And I hope they win for you, and for me :D.

Anyways :D.

my first play:

The odds on Milan are highly distorted by the fact they are this big Italian club and Shakhtar hasn't had respectable results so far in Europe.

But Milan is a team of many woes right now, again they failed to bring in quality players and the age is finally kicking in. This team will step up in the knockout stage but until then - buyer beware.

Backing Milan who has huge troubles with the scoring is not recommendable here, Kaka is 50-50, Gilardino in a huge slump, teams weaker than Shakthar are beating and outplaying AC Milan, they have huge lineup problems while Shakhtar is peaking, posting phenomenal results so far under Lucescu and this team that has been built throughout the years. My play here has to be Shakhtar. I'll take the riskier but more rewarding option, rather than putting maximum stakes on +1.25.

Shakhtar X2 (2.85 @ Expekt) 6 units

Draw or Shakhtar win, that's what X2 means. Three outcomes in a football game, home win (1), draw (X), away win (2).

my choice is X2, as Mike said - double chance.

thought i'd post this article here.

RAFA: THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME

Rafael Benitez admits Liverpool must win against Besiktas in Istanbul to get them back on track for qualification to the next phase of the Champions League.

The Reds have so far drawn with Porto and lost to Marseille, meaning the pressure is now on if they are to qualify from Group A.

"Porto are a good team and we know our first half performance wasn't good against them, but to get a draw when we went down to 10 men wasn't bad," Benitez told a pre-Besiktas press conference.

"We made a mistake in our next game against Marseille which was a bad night for us. We need to repair that mistake against Besiktas.

"It's clear we need to go to Istanbul and try to win. If we don't do that we know it will be difficult for us but all we are thinking about is the three points. The players know how important it is for us to win this game."

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=130 bgColor=#ffffff height=90><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=130 bgColor=#ffffff height=90><!-- END IMAGE --></TD><TD class=med vAlign=center width=357><!-- START SYNOPSIS -->Dirk Kuyt believes Liverpool must embark upon a winning streak if they are to build on their victory in Saturday's Merseyside derby. <!-- END SYNOPSIS --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=med vAlign=top width=487 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2><!-- START BODY -->The Dutchman is convinced the last-gasp triumph at Goodison Park has given the squad a timely confidence boost ahead of difficult matches with Besiktas and Arsenal and he insists they must win these type of games if they are to be successful come the end of the season.

"We must now keep going forward, we want only to win games. Draws are no good," admitted Kuyt.

"If you want to achieve something in Europe and the Premier League you must win these type of difficult away games. We did it at Everton and we can do the same against Besiktas.

"The Everton win was really important for our confidence, now we must repeat that victory in Turkey." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeh I know my squad but man oh man...I feel so bad right now...all these people who put their money...no one feels as badly as I do. The Reds won't go through in CL.

And in EPL we play against Arsenal who are FUCKING FLYING right now on Sunday, and I'll be happy if we don't get our asses kicked right there on our home ground.

Also the bets...Shakhtar...Milan, as bad as they are, and they are SO BAD, exposed all their weaknesses within 20 minutes.

Two words: SET PIECES.

Lucescu didn't know how to do it back in Inter, he doesn't know how to do it now.

And Valencia...I can't believe they lost.

I am like 0-5 on Valencia this season with minus zillion units. I back them twice (against Chelsea and Espanyol) they lose like a bunch of morons, HAD THE LEAD IN BOTH GAMES and LOSE (NOT DRAW BUT LOSE!)...then I fade them against Deportivo, thinking oh ok, I've seen Deportivo play, they are slow up front but they are still improving.

Valencia DESTROYS THEM in an AWAY FIXTURE.

Now I back them against a team with A TON of squad problems, coach issues, internal stuff...and a team which is like 20x less expensive than their squad...and they don't know how to play football any more.

I'm not at all surprised because Rosenborg won. Rosenborg is a low profile team and I love when HUGE underdogs with no money (or at least peanuts compared to big clubs) do wonders. But ROSENBORG OUTPLAYED THEM(!!!!?)

Had more chances! I MEAN WTF!

Anyways, sorry for the long rant, had to vent out.

And on top of that, Liverpool lose. IDENTICAL like 3 weeks ago. and I mean identical. Liverpool lose to Marseille, I lose all my bets.

At least NHL does me good...again a good night compensated for this CL crap.

I'll be back with UEFA cup tomorrow and this weekend to get back this football record in green zone.

:shake:

Back