Big Alimony 2015-2016 NBA Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Greetings all,

This year I will be having one thread. I think this will be good for tracking and I only plan on playing a little bit this year. I have basically forecasted most of my plays already. Some will come to fruition and some will not.

My year will be mostly spot/situation plays. I have already mapped them out the last few months. I will also have some 2h's and player props as well when need be. This isn't the old BAR that knew every player/scheme/etc...I am keeping it simplified this year and expect a pretty nice return. I will try and provide 'Stons analysis once I get a grip on the team.

These will be the teams I follow the most and will be involved with(and against)...

-Atlanta Hawks
-LA Lakers
-Miami Heat( Big Time)
-Charlotte Hornets
-Dallas Mavericks
-Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers
-Portland Trailblazers

Also, a few pace teams.

With the new NBA scheduling I thought maybe I was gonna get phased out on situational plays but this is the best card in years and if played right will be easy profit. Go ahead and examine schedules and you will get it.

Look forward to a fun year. First plays come in middle of November.

Any talk and discussion is great.

GL to all of us this year in the NUBYA:shake:

The man himself.

All the best this season brother.

Some definite spots in there.

Got it down to a science, love it, meticulously thought out, patience is a virtue... Kill shit doglips

Thoughts on Lakers RSW total 28.5?

To be honest, I cannot give you a lean either way. I know you have a thread with the over for this team. There are a lot of parts that need to mesh together and the obvious Kobias factors(will he just jack em up...and injury concerns).

BAR,
As I always say once i see your thread " I get to make a play in the NBA"..... Thanks and look forward to following :)

BOL this year Alimony.

Curious is you have an opinion on my squad vs. Lake Show Wed. night. They floated the idea of postponing the game given Flip's death but decided to press on. They are flying out Tuesday (instead of today) to get an extra practice in and to be around their families. Flip's loss will hit this team hard mentally, but they are all talking about playing hard for him and not letting all his work go for nothing. I could see them get blown out or come out jacked up and win going away. Nothing will surprise me but for the first time in a while I'm excited about watching my squad play.

What is your take on the Miami Heat? And curious why you have "Big Time" by the name in the original post? You think they're any good this year?

What is your take on the Miami Heat? And curious why you have "Big Time" by the name in the original post? You think they're any good this year?

Nothing to do with them as a team.

Take a look at their schedule from January 8th Through February 5th.

I have 2 guaranteed plays in there and am guessing might sprinkle a few smaller ones in there as well.

BOL this year Alimony.

Curious is you have an opinion on my squad vs. Lake Show Wed. night. They floated the idea of postponing the game given Flip's death but decided to press on. They are flying out Tuesday (instead of today) to get an extra practice in and to be around their families. Flip's loss will hit this team hard mentally, but they are all talking about playing hard for him and not letting all his work go for nothing. I could see them get blown out or come out jacked up and win going away. Nothing will surprise me but for the first time in a while I'm excited about watching my squad play.

Great 4th quarter for them tonight. Very cool they got the victory.

Some random thoughts after two nights...

I had mentioned in the Discussion thread that one total really popped out at me and I am kicking myself now after watching the game...

Minnesota and LA Lakers over.

Great ingredients here helped.

83 and 93 FGA's.

Even better, 37 and 35 FTA's.

That is the perfect recipe. Oh well, trying to stay very limited and on task this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good night not to bet a lot. The Nuggets go in and smoke the Rockets. The Blazers hang a 43 point first quarter in the Blazers. The Knicks smoke the Bucks at Bradley Center. What else am I missing? Seems like a weird first, full, night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 'Stons are 2-0 with wins against 'solid' teams in Atlanta and Utah. I liked RSW over as stated many times and they are off to a great start with regards to that. Drummond is shooting FT's much better too. We will learn more about them as the next few weeks go...

Also, PF's are going to feast on this team.

Looking forward to discussing hoops this year with you. We should hit the palace or the UC for somePistons action this year. Maybe drag Hunt, D8 (we would go to Miller's pre game of course) and see if any of the Ohio folk want to partake.

Beat of luck this season.

Great 4th quarter for them tonight. Very cool they got the victory.

Really proud of them. Great win and something to build on. They looked dead halfway through the 3rd when LAL were in control but clawed back and held on late.

Really proud of them. Great win and something to build on. They looked dead halfway through the 3rd when LAL were in control but clawed back and held on late.
They did look dead and just out of nowhere...

Looking forward to discussing hoops this year with you. We should hit the palace or the UC for somePistons action this year. Maybe drag Hunt, D8 (we would go to Miller's pre game of course) and see if any of the Ohio folk want to partake.

Beat of luck this season.

Absolutely.

Long-ass pregame at Millers which is about 70-80 minutes away but if work isn't an issue I am down for any Stons action at the Palace since it is less than 15 mins from my house...

I work in Troy now so I'm right down the street from the palace if you ever wanna go Reno. Company gives out floor seats often

Friday January 29th would be a great meet-up here versus Cavs SEMCON'ers and whoever else...

Okay, so gonna be out of town but here is what we will be looking at next week wrt to the Lakers...

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 6[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Brooklyn Nets [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:30 PM [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 8[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ New York Knicks [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]3:30 PM [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 10[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Miami Heat [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 11[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Orlando Magic [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 13[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Dallas Mavericks [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 15[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Detroit Pistons [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 16[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Phoenix Suns [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

That is the ole 'super situation' at its finest...

Detroit schedule...

<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 6[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Phoenix Suns [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 8[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 9[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Golden State Warriors [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]10:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 11[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Sacramento Kings [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]10:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 14[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Los Angeles Clippers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]3:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 15[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Los Angeles Lakers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 17[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Cleveland Cavaliers [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Being the last game on trip, it complicates the first of the two plays but we can play small and also see how things go beforehand...Also, both games to end trip at Staples after a 2 day break help...

And, Phoenix schedule...

<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 12[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Los Angeles Clippers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]10:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 14[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Denver Nuggets [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 16[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Los Angeles Lakers [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 18[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Chicago Bulls [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 20[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Denver Nuggets [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 22[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ New Orleans Pelicans [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]6:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 23[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ San Antonio Spurs [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

3rd in 8 games, all at home...and they have a semi-tough trip coming up after.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So you see the plays.

The Phoenix one should end up being very strong...

Motivational Capping...fwiw...

The Grizzlies aren't taking kindly to a tweet sent by the Western Conference rival Clippers that took a dig at Memphis' rout at the hands of the Golden State Warriors two days earlier.

After the Clippers lost 112-108 at Golden State on Wednesday, the Clippers' Twitter account posted the losing score followed by the hashtag #didntloseby50, referencing the Grizzlies' 119-69 drubbing Monday at Oracle Arena. The tweet was taken down but still lives via screenshots.

"It's childish," guard Courtney Lee told the Memphis Commercial Appealon Thursday. "We took our L and we kept it moving, right? We lost by 50. We didn't cry over it, and went on to the next one. Apparently, they're holding on to it. That's what they got to do to overshadow their loss. Last time I heard, a loss is a loss. But that's what they do over there."

The employee who sent out the tweet was disciplined but not fired, a team spokesman told the Los Angeles Times.
Tony Allen called for the employee to be fired, similar to when theHouston Rockets fired their social media manager for an inappropriatein-game tweet directed at the Dallas Mavericks in April.

"I've never seen anybody broadcast losing," Allen said. "Who's proud of losing -- whether it's by one, two, three or 50? Enough said."

The Grizzlies will meet the Clippers on Monday in Los Angeles, marking the return of Matt Barnes to Staples Center. Barnes was acquired in a June trade with the Charlotte Hornets that sent Lance Stephenson to theLos Angeles Clippers.

First play of year. Situation I like when they are just cruising at halftime...happened a lot last year...

Hunt co-signs.

Golden State U104 2h -110

Had to play it. GSW did their part. Denver down 30 at half went bonkers in 2nd half. Never quit.

take a look at Portland's schedule up starting tonight to Turkey day..... should be 1 or 2 spots

take a look at Portland's schedule up starting tonight to Turkey day..... should be 1 or 2 spots
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 8[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Detroit Pistons [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]-2[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"]199[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Lost 103 - 120 [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Loss / Over [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 9[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Denver Nuggets [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 11[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]San Antonio Spurs [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 13[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Memphis Grizzlies [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 15[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Charlotte Hornets [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]5:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 16[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ San Antonio Spurs [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 18[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Houston Rockets [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]8:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 20[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Los Angeles Clippers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]10:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 22[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Los Angeles Lakers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]9:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Never got time to explain more...but always remember 5+ games on road...one home after 1 day rest then a b2b on road...essentially makes the home game 'another stop' on road trip.

Back