Baseball is officially back -- Let's start capping

dmoney and i attended a game at PNC a couple of years ago with a similar attendance to what they'll be getting this year. It snowed about half the game. We froze our asses off.

Looks like Mookie will call LA his new home for the next 13 years

13 year contracts usually work out great. Luckily for the Dodgers they have so much money that they can just eat the last 7 or 8 years and not even blink an eye.

Totally understandable considering how well the US is handling Covid. Just play in Buffalo and let's get on with it. Doesn't matter for Bluejay fans so long as they're on TV.

I wish they did do the buffalo thing cause I’ve heard things about the lighting and such that might give us some angles!

I’m still so concerned with this 3 batter rule for relief pitchers. I don’t think it ultimately gonna help pace of play like these idiots want, might speed up some games but what bout the ones where a guy comes in that can’t throw strikes? Gonna lead to some Game changing crooked numbers late i think. I had already started shifting to playing 1st 5 when I like a under last year, I think that gonna be mandatory now. I’m assuming early on starters not gonna be pitching real deep into games so not only will I be playing Ff unders but then I’ll be looking fo get on overs live in some those games that are low thru 4-5 innings.

I’m still so concerned with this 3 batter rule for relief pitchers. I don’t think it ultimately gonna help pace of play like these idiots want, might speed up some games but what bout the ones where a guy comes in that can’t throw strikes? Gonna lead to some Game changing crooked numbers late i think. I had already started shifting to playing 1st 5 when I like a under last year, I think that gonna be mandatory now. I’m assuming early on starters not gonna be pitching real deep into games so not only will I be playing Ff unders but then I’ll be looking fo get on overs live in some those games that are low thru 4-5 innings.

Can they replace a dude if he got one out to end the inning. Or does he then have to throw 2 outs the next inning

eager to see if Kershaw maintains that velocity uptick from March after his offseason work with Driveline. Historically great on opening day and historically great against the Giants. Cueto was always nails on opening day as a Redleg and is about 23 months or so removed from TJ now after returning last Sept to make four starts, which is a big deal from the mental aspect of things. Cueto appears to be healthy based off quotes from Kapler and the media talking about Johnny's offseason throwing regimen which he shared on Instagram. Ultimately think Cueto shoves this shortened season and is a good buy-low candidate from a fantasy perspective, but not getting invested tonight since several Dodgers have some nice splits off him and that SFG lineup looks fucking atrocious on paper. But hey, they were said to have had a solid camp. May take a shot with Cueto and the Giants next time around as an underdog.

Can they replace a dude if he got one out to end the inning. Or does he then have to throw 2 outs the next inning
Any starter or reliever must face three batters, or pitch until the inning is over, before coming out of the game. So 1 batter for the last out of the inning is good. 1 batter to get a 2nd out off a LH hitter and then come out is not.

Are they going to get the game in with the rain hanging around?

With no fans, if there's a window in the day where there is no rain, MLB should have them start the game earlier to get it in. They don't have to worry about a start time where you have to make sure the fans make it.
Great point

TV won't do it but excellent idea

Sucks bad. It prob good for my Ff u4 but was looking forward to seeing that matchup. Plus now Nats without their star for what half the season?

In order to be cleared to rejoin the team, he'll need to test negative twice over a span of at least 24 hours. So in theory, that could happen over the weekend and he could be back in the lineup. Soto is not subject to a full, 14-day quarantine as stipulated by DC regulations.

In order to be cleared to rejoin the team, he'll need to test negative twice over a span of at least 24 hours. So in theory, that could happen over the weekend and he could be back in the lineup. Soto is not subject to a full, 14-day quarantine as stipulated by DC regulations.

That’s cool. So will that be different for every team depending where they at? That wouldn’t be fair!

Are they being tested before every game? So we should expect this? Hasn’t there been bunch of false positives?

That’s cool. So will that be different for every team depending where they at? That wouldn’t be fair!

Are they being tested before every game? So we should expect this? Hasn’t there been bunch of false positives?

There is no specified isolation period in MLB's health and safety protocols. So no, it won't be different depending on where they are at.

Back