B1G 2016 week 9 thread

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
What's up fellas?

Interesting weekend this past weekend. Couple of my thoughts. Post yours as well, or whatever you Fuckin want to..

Ohio state is not out of it. Matter of fact they control their own destiny. They have played Wisconsin and Penn state on the road, in primetime two weeks in a row. Both of byes.

Osu beats Nebraska, Michigan and wins b1G ship, they in imo. They obviously need to root for Michigan to keep winning. That was a bad loss yesterday no doubt, but very tough place to play.

Spartina in a free fall. Lost 5 in a row and face a pissed off Michigan team after last year dantonio comments after game and obviously the punt. Michigan will try and score 50+ if weather is good. They will not let up. At all. No road game is easy but lezbe honest here.. Sparty in disarray . No playmakers on either side of ball and the captains have no control of themselves let alone their team.

Wisconsin just outmuscled Iowa. Basically it imo. That's all I really watched.

We will find out how good Nebraska is these next few weeks too.

Gl

Nebraska controls their own destiny as well. So Michigan, TOSU and Nebraska are still viable playoff teams from that conference.

Also, I think the TOSU loss eliminates all discussion about the BIG getting two teams in.

ACC Champ
SEC Champ
BIG Champ
Pac12 If Washington Champ, otherwise lsu/bama ville/clem
Big12 Chump
Boise St/wmich - Won't happen

And when Boise st/western michigan doesn't happen, please don't give us a bowl game of Western Michigan vs Boise State. They used to do this with TCU vs Boise State and it was bullshit.

Also, I think the TOSU loss eliminates all discussion about the BIG getting two teams in.

ACC Champ
SEC Champ
BIG Champ
Big12 Chump

And when Boise st/western michigan doesn't happen, please don't give us a bowl game of Western Michigan vs Boise State. They used to do this with TCU vs Boise State and it was bullshit.

agree on that last part.. hated that crap.

Can't have the loser of the OSU/mich game receiving a consolation prize of a free ticket to the playoffs while the winner needs to go off and play in the champ game.

So I guess it's good that OSU lost yesterday and eliminated the remote possibility of that even happening.

ACC Champ
SEC Champ
BIG Champ
Big12 Chump

yea, there will not be 2 of anything I don't think

I think the big 12 could get left out again, honestly

What's up fellas?

Interesting weekend this past weekend. Couple of my thoughts. Post yours as well, or whatever you Fuckin want to..

Ohio state is not out of it. Matter of fact they control their own destiny. They have played Wisconsin and Penn state on the road, in primetime two weeks in a row. Both of byes.

Osu beats Nebraska, Michigan and wins b1G ship, they in imo. They obviously need to root for Michigan to keep winning. That was a bad loss yesterday no doubt, but very tough place to play.

Spartina in a free fall. Lost 5 in a row and face a pissed off Michigan team after last year dantonio comments after game and obviously the punt. Michigan will try and score 50+ if weather is good. They will not let up. At all. No road game is easy but lezbe honest here.. Sparty in disarray . No playmakers on either side of ball and the captains have no control of themselves let alone their team.

Wisconsin just outmuscled Iowa. Basically it imo. That's all I really watched.

We will find out how good Nebraska is these next few weeks too.

Gl

refresh me please

OSU is fine, last night was their mulligan. They're playoff bound if they win out, not great having no margin for error now but such is life.

Speight looked noticeably more comfortable yesterday imo, hoping to see it keep up over the next few weeks, especially against MSU. Grabbed them laying 18.5 against Sparty, at 21.5 now. Gonna wait to see if it climbs to 24 and pick up a nice middle, more than enough resting on Michigan futures as is. Sparty TT under an obvious play too that the books don't lose much on because of how late it gets posted, think their only shot at points is if they get short fields thanks to turnovers or special teams.

At some point Wisconsin won't cover a spread, but I can't stomach betting this totally whatever Nebraska team getting less than 10 in Camp Randall at night.

I'm prob too low on NW and the spot for tOSU doesn't seem great coming off emotional loss but I had that line closer to Bucks -28-31ish before last week's games were played. Will revisit but shocked when i saw -21

Twink im on phone. It might be on YouTube. After the miracle game last year dantonio said "where are all the Wolverines fans" and laughed to the tunnel. Harbaugh was shown this by Sam Webb.. Michigan Scout guy.. He just laughed and said he hadn't seen that before. He also was told the story of the stake in the field when Hoke was coach.

Just little stupid shit like in any rivalry but fun to talk about. Once the pads touch no one cares. But Michigan will be seething over that loss last year.

They are not overlooking this team at all. They've been thumped by them most of last 8 years.. So it could get ugly. Jmo.

Nice grab Raems. Gl bro.

I don't see anyone from big twelve getting in. Who knows. It's all politics anyways.

I'm prob too low on NW and the spot for tOSU doesn't seem great coming off emotional loss but I had that line closer to Bucks -28-31ish before last week's games were played. Will revisit but shocked when i saw -21

I can see osu hungover for a half then wake up. Huge primetime Tilt on deck too.

Twink im on phone. It might be on YouTube. After the miracle game last year dantonio said "where are all the Wolverines fans" and laughed to the tunnel. Harbaugh was shown this by Sam Webb.. Michigan Scout guy.. He just laughed and said he hadn't seen that before. He also was told the story of the stake in the field when Hoke was coach.

Just little stupid shit like in any rivalry but fun to talk about. Once the pads touch no one cares. But Michigan will be seething over that loss last year.

They are not overlooking this team at all. They've been thumped by them most of last 8 years.. So it could get ugly. Jmo.

Nice grab Raems. Gl bro.

I don't see anyone from big twelve getting in. Who knows. It's all politics anyways.

Love rivalry shit. I had a buddy over at a friends yesterday...him, his wife and another rando were the Ole Miss contingent at the party.
I told him I hate the in state pussies that leave and go to Piss more than the ones that go to Bama the same route. I told him to take his fucking Tahoe driving, Widespread listening, Chandelier in the tree, hoddy toddy bitch ass home lol.
Then we were friends again.
College foots.....nothing better

Neb OL is just beat to hell, which is why they've been shit on offense the last two weeks. I figure wisky will close 9.5.

It's amazing to think the only team that got hurt from the OSU loss was Michigan. If both were undefeated going into theIr game and played an epic battle, the loser could have snuck in. I like the obvious 4 with Louisville and OSU remaining to slip in.

I don't think anyone on earth would have predicted that this MSU-UM line would be -21 even a month ago. Sparty is simply the biggest dumpster fire in America right now which should make ND feel pretty good. Other than Malik they have nothing on either line. I thought Scott would really break out at RB this year but again, no line. The QB's are average and their entire fan base hates their coaching staff right now, and with good reason.

Now, with that being said, anything can happen in a rivalry game. This is basically their bowl game this year. I expect the kitchen sink from them, maybe even a fake FG(lol, wtf was that the other night?). They will play dirty, they will play hard. They have nothing to lose.

Spartan Stadium capacity is around 75,000. They generally only sell out for UM and OSU. They have been having a fire sale on tickets for weeks now and I would say at least 20-25k will be Michigan fans.

Looking at the UM team...

Solid win last week. I do think Jim took it easy a bit on his NFL bretheren Lovie after the first quarter. It was also a good game to just get out with no big injuries. There were several small injuries but nothing that should be too big from what I read. Shotput had his best game, IMO. His throws were more concise and he made decisive reads. The running game was solid again and they got a few more guys involved in passing game. The defense did what it had to do, holding Illy to 0 first half passing yards, albeit the Illini were down to a 3rd string QB.

I think we'll see this spread get up to 23-24. That has been the trend with this team this year is the spreads move up, obviously big-time last week(middle of the year if you got it).

Personally no angles in this game as of now.

Early forecast is morning rain and then windy and mid-50's.

More as week goes on...

Wise,

I do not think both would get in unless it was OSU that loss and CUM went on his campaign ala '06.

I kid there but with Five P5 conferences unless you had 2 absolute terrible champs from those no conference should get two in.

And,

That OSU loss to Pedo State did NOTHING to their playoff chances. They win out, they are a 2-4 seed in playoffs. That was their mulligan.

And this is just fun...

Jeter was most impressed by Harbaugh, and he had some interesting comments about Harbaugh and Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly. Jeter said Harbaugh “might be the coolest dude I ever met in my life.”
Jeter elaborated, saying, “He doesn’t act like he’s important. … He’s real down to earth and humble. He’s easy to talk to. Talking to Brian Kelly wasn’t fun. It wasn’t cool. You have to make an appointment just to go to his office. Coach Harbaugh has an open-door policy. Every one of Michigan’s coaches has an open-door policy.”

Btw,

Shoutout to Marlos Minny Gophers. Great last minute win vs OSUe this past weekend.

Love rivalry shit. I had a buddy over at a friends yesterday...him, his wife and another rando were the Ole Miss contingent at the party.
I told him I hate the in state pussies that leave and go to Piss more than the ones that go to Bama the same route. I told him to take his fucking Tahoe driving, Widespread listening, Chandelier in the tree, hoddy toddy bitch ass home lol.
Then we were friends again.
College foots.....nothing better

Lol no doubt. Love cfb rivalries.

Terrible look for Ferentz

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iowas-kirk-ferentz-gives-baffling-explanation-for-field-goal-try-225229006.html

Lol no doubt. Love cfb rivalries.

Most are great. The Alabama-Auburn rivalry has really turned pretty nasty in the last few years. And I'm not even talking about the tree-poisoning type either. Like, otherwise normal and respectable people have really come off the rails on both sides where it's not really any fun any more. I wouldn't be against not playing them for a couple of years, maybe people can return to some semblance of sanity. Probably not though

Wise,

I do not think both would get in unless it was OSU that loss and CUM went on his campaign ala '06.

I kid there but with Five P5 conferences unless you had 2 absolute terrible champs from those no conference should get two in.

If Washington were to get clipped and the Big 12 continues its mediocre ways, I think 2 from the Big 10 could have happened. Seems like there's more awareness on having the best 4 as opposed to needing a conference champion.

I would expect Louisville to get in ahead of a one-loss UM/tOSU if it would have played out that way I guess, obviously the early season road loss by 3 at Clemson would have played a large role in that thinking...just such a disadvantage to play the big games at the end of the season

I think I posted it in the wrong thread maybe .. but I think you are being hard on Minnesota ... Rutgers played the 1, 5 and 15 ranked defenses (not to mention iowa at 48) the first few weeks in Michigan, TOSU and Washington ... It is possible that while crappy, the Rutgers offense is not as crappy as most think.

Perhaps, but the Minnesota defense is definitely crappier than most think (including myself until I saw it with my own eyes). That's my problem.

I have no idea how they held Iowa's average-at-best offense in check. Maybe this was some sort of sandwich game. Who knows, but that's the worst defensive effort I've seen from my squad in years. Even in games they got blown out by much better teams they looked better than they did against Rutgers.

The Rutgers QB should have run for 150+ yards if their coach had an ounce of smarts.

Worst case for B1G--that's unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibility:

UM slipping up between now and 11/26 (@Iowa, or Indiana look-ahead before Ohio St.)
Ohio St. beats UM
Penn St. runs the table and wins the conference championship game

That happens, real possibility B1G falls out of the playoff. A 2-loss Wisconsin maybe sneaks in, but I don't think a 2-loss PSU does...

UM won't slip up. I can't see TOSU even playing with that team. TOSU couldn't handle PSU up front, no way they deal with UM.

Even if UM did, PSU won't win out. They'll be lucky to get by Indiana and Rutgers. Rutgers, like someone posted above, is better than it's record indicates. They always host a tough environment at night as well.

Nebraska won't finish with less than 2 losses either. Wisconsin/UM ship is only way I see it.

Back