I wouldnt pay for it on its own either,just like the conference games
think they had like 5 games non stop today,german,french,conference

I guess I haven't hit rock bottom like I had originally thought (well, not yet anyways)...

Sunday:

8/11/2013 5:15 PM Paraguay Soccer 2063 Cerro Porteno (PAR)/Rubio Nu (PAR)* Over 2½ +101
8/11/2013 5:30 PM Brazil Soccer 613 Criciuma (BRA-A)/Ponte Preta SP (BRA-A)* Over 2½ -103
8/11/2013 5:30 PM Brazil Soccer
619 Paranaense (BRA-A)/Internacional (BRA-A)* Over 2½ -117

I think I still have another two weeks left until the statute of limitations runs out on my latest internet hex, so maybe I can sneak in a good day here and there. Of course, I could just as easily go 0-3...

:prayer

Well seeing as how today might be the only good day I have this month, might as well throw another one out there...

8/11/2013 8:00 PM USA MLS Soccer 801 LA Galaxy (USA-MLS)/Dallas (USA-MLS)* Over 2½ +100
*Ok, Dallas haven't scored in over five games (six if you include a friendly against Stoke), so not really good, but this is still a team that was averaging 1.59 a game before hitting their current skid (now down to 1.22), so this isn't exacly DC or Chivas we're talking about here. And if ever they were going to bust out of it, it might as well be against one of the worst road defenses in the league in LA (1.92 per game). If I had BTTS as an option, I'd take it without hesitation, but this will have to do...

Thanks for the continued support Monger. Truth be told, even with 2 goals at the half in each game, I still wasn't feeling it. This is what happens when your confidence and decision making abilities are totally shot to hell...

:shake:

Dallas 2-1! He was offside, but that's not my problem...

:goal:

ac9e381b28244730caad3d549a13e31f.jpeg

good work hugh!

Let's try one more...

8/11/2013 11:00 PM USA MLS Soccer 804 Colorado (USA-MLS)* +119 vs US Chivas (USA-MLS)
*Well, just like Dallas, Chivas haven't been scoring much as of late either, but the difference is Chivas doesn't have much of an offense to begin with. Now they're up against a Colorado team against whom they've scored just once their last 5 meetings, and who they haven't scored against at Home Depot (or whatever they call it now) since 2009 (a span of 5 games). The under seems like a relatively safe option but, at the same time, the Rapids are 8-0-2 against Chivas the last 10 meetings, so the plus money option seems to make a little more sense.

Thanks Pyppurs, Monger - a glimmer of hope is all it takes sometimes...

:shake:

I guess I haven't hit rock bottom like I had originally thought (well, not yet anyways)...

Sunday:

8/11/2013 5:15 PM Paraguay Soccer 2063 Cerro Porteno (PAR)/Rubio Nu (PAR)* Over 2½ +101
8/11/2013 5:30 PM Brazil Soccer 613 Criciuma (BRA-A)/Ponte Preta SP (BRA-A)* Over 2½ -103
8/11/2013 5:30 PM Brazil Soccer
619 Paranaense (BRA-A)/Internacional (BRA-A)* Over 2½ -117

I think I still have another two weeks left until the statute of limitations runs out on my latest internet hex, so maybe I can sneak in a good day here and there. Of course, I could just as easily go 0-3...

Great stuff mate,hope you trixied them bastards

:cheers:

[TABLE="class: accdata, width: 953"]
<tbody style="border: 1px dotted rgb(187, 187, 187);">[TR="class: dataRowGrouped datarow0 W3"]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop dataCellGroupedLeft"]12 Aug 2013 14:56[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop"]
FOOTBALL.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop"]Gif Sundsvall v Orebro[/TD]
[TD="class: statselname dataCellGroupedTop"]Total Goals (U/O 2.5), Over 2.5, 4/6
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop"]Open[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCell dataCellGroupedTop dataCellGroupedRight, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: dataRowGrouped datarow0 W3"]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedMiddle dataCellGroupedLeft"][/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedMiddle"]
FOOTBALL.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedMiddle"]Rijeka v Osijek[/TD]
[TD="class: statselname dataCellGroupedMiddle"]Total Goals (U/O 2.5), Over 2.5, 5/6
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedMiddle"]Open[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCell dataCellGroupedMiddle dataCellGroupedRight, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: dataRowGrouped datarow0 W3"]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom dataCellGroupedLeft"][/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom"]
FOOTBALL.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom"]Jong Psv Eindhoven v Excelsior Rotterdam[/TD]
[TD="class: statselname dataCellGroupedBottom"]Total Goals (U/O 2.5), Over 2.5, 4/9
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom"]Open[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: accdata, width: 953"]
<tbody style="border: 1px dotted rgb(187, 187, 187);">[TR="class: dataRowGrouped datarow1 W3"]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop dataCellGroupedLeft, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]12 Aug 2013 15:23[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]
Baseball.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]Oakland Athletics(D Straily) @ Toronto Blue Jays(J Happ)[/TD]
[TD="class: statselname dataCellGroupedTop, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]Total Runs, Over 9.5, 4/5
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedTop, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]Open[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCell dataCellGroupedTop dataCellGroupedRight, bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: dataRowGrouped datarow1 W3"]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom dataCellGroupedLeft, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"][/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]
Baseball.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]Texas Rangers(Y Darvish) @ Houston Astros(B Oberholtzer)[/TD]
[TD="class: statselname dataCellGroupedBottom, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]Total Runs, Under 7, EVS
[/TD]
[TD="class: dataCellGroupedBottom, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]Open[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

GL everyone :cheers:

Morning fellas :cheers:

Got hit by a thunderbolt yesterday, don't know what the fuck happened, but felt like shit all day long, didn't watch shit after the United game was over.
Still feel like shit, but at least I'm getting paid for it now.

Doubled up on the Swedish/Croatia over. Didn't play the youth soccer game though.

Let's hit this shit :goal:

Great stuff mate,hope you trixied them bastards

:cheers:
Thanks ManUK. Still not sure how Colorado ended up drawing (a missed PK will do that I guess) or why I didn't just take the under like I suggested, but that's neither here or there. On to tonight...

In Game YTD: 4-3, -1.57
*I will go back to a regular thread and updated YTD at some point (once I get my bearings about me), but figured I should keep track just in case I forget a game here or there. As for why I'm writing them up, I figure it might help to see where my reasoning went wrong (see Colorado last night). And as for why I'm using the different font, well, you all know the answer to that by now... : )

8/12/2013 8:30 PM Ecuador Soccer 1001 Deportivo Cuenca (ECU)/Independiente Jose Teran (ECU)* Over 2½ -123 *2 UNITS*
*So here's the lowdown: the O/U is 15-3 all time between the two sides, although only 6-3 at Independiente. Between the Apertura and Clausura campaigns this season, Cuenca is 11-3 O/U 2.5 and 13-1 O/U 1.5 on the road, while Independiente is 8-6 O/U 2.5 and 10-4 O/U 1.5 at home.
The only real bug a boo here is that Independiente's a fairly good defensive team at home but, at the same time, they've only managed one clean sheet against Cuenca the last ten games overall, so odds are both sides manage at least a goal in this one (I capped it at 3.29 with a high probability of both sides scoring, with a slight edge to Independiente with regards to a 2nd goal). Let's hope for a third...

Morning fellas :cheers:
Hugh, you are more than welcome to stay here in game :shake: As gamblers, we know it's all about feel, superstition and such, so if posting plays in your own thread has you running cold, no worries. And I do want to point out that I always appreciated that you kept all of your plays in a month long thread, other than starting your own thread for each day of the fucking week.
It's nice to keep records, but I don't pay attention to any of that shit to be honest. If someone posts a play that I like, I'll tail along. If I don't like it, I'll pass. I don't care if you're minus 40 units of up 2,000 units. TBH, I pay no attention to any of that shit because I don't think that 99.99999% of posters know how to accurately account for their plays. Only touts like to thump out their own chest with how many units they are up and I'll be fucked if I'm gonna pay some cunt to make some plays. It's my own money, I'm a big boy, I can make my own plays.
Now, that being said, I did keep an updated record for awhile as a way of record keeping.
But, at the end of the day all I care about is my own account. And sometimes I make so many fucking plays, I don't care if I'm up 10 units in golf, down 40 units in college football and up 100 units in soccer. All I care about is making fucking money.
Please don't take any of this as a personal affront, and by all means, if you want to keep accurate records, that's all you. If anything, you should take my plays, make the exact opposite and triple your normal unit play cause all I post is losers in here :goal:

Just looked over today's card, and no reason for me to fuck around with any of these games today. See you boys tomorrow :cheers:

Thanks dylan. To be honest, the big reason I went to the monthly thread format at the start was the fact that pretty much no one else was posting plays Monday thru Friday when I first started here last summer (braves and parisnovella would post on the weekends, but that was about it). As for the YTD, I don't know... With no one else posting and the risk of someone randomly tailing on a quiet afternoon, I figured in the spirit of full disclosure they might as well know what they were getting themselves into. And just an FYI, that Ecuador game took years off my life last night (missed PK, up 2 men and can't score, futbol24 with its infamous 'goal/no goal' (which took forever to correct) on a goal the linesmen got totally wrong, and then finally the pay off in the dying minutes). Let's hope tonight's a little more straightforward for a change...

In Game YTD: 5-3, +0.43
*This might be the first time all calendar year I've had a '+' sign attached to my year to date (albeit a modified version). Don't get too used to it... *LOL*

8/13/2013 6:30 PM Brazil Soccer 260 Sao Caetano (BRA-B)/America Mineiro (BRA-B)* Over 2½,3 -118
8/13/2013 7:00 PM Argentina Soccer 311 Banfield (ARG-B)* -158 vs Crucero del Norte (ARG-B)
8/13/2013 8:50 PM Brazil Soccer
272 Palmeiras (BRA-B)/Joinville Esporte Clube (BRA-B)* Over 2½ -130
*I would write these up, but I have to get going, so here's hoping at least Banfield come through (considering Crucero del Norte haven't won on the road since last September (0-11-6), and Banfield have only lost once at home since last November (9-1-5), they fucking better...), in which case the Palmeiras total probably gets bumped up to 2 units.

Hey fellas, take a look at the EPL survivor contest pinned at the top of the forum. $100 cash money.
:clapping:

Any word on a Yahoo! Fantasy League again this season? I'd be interested even if there's no prize involved (it was actually pretty fun).

:clapping:

Any word on a Yahoo! Fantasy League again this season? I'd be interested even if there's no prize involved (it was actually pretty fun).

Sorry been very busy but I just set up a league. The league name is cappingthegame (if it matters all lower case). It did not ask for a password so let me know if you have problems joining.

Yahoo has changed it's format and added 4 bench spots in addition to the starting 11 and given an additional $50 million in salary cap space. The good thing is that if one of your starters does not play he is automatically replaced by a substitute. You also choose a team captain every week and his points count double. Make sure your captain is playing because I don't believe he can be replaced as far as captain status goes so I believe you would lose out on double points.

I think they make a mistake increasing the salary cap to $150 million total as everyone probably goes very cheap on the bench spots and stacks their starting XI.

Also please note Chelsea and Aston Villa play twice in gameweek one. Also of note if you haven't noticed is that Rotoworld as started coverage of the Premier League.

Back