August 2015 Discussion

The gameplan on him in the mls is basically to beat him up every game. I think his shelf life is so much shorter than other players because of his size .

He's just so much more skilled than any other player in the MLS , so he avoids a good bit of the physicality, but he still takes a beating almost every game.

Dos Santos on the bench!!

Zaedes is only starter in lineup . I think this team they are playing is terrible

Agree about zardes

Anything. About this team they are playing?

I think they got the weakest group in this competition

Not really, but off the top of my head, pretty sure Galaxy never dominate in these CCL games like you'd think they would.

Yeah arena never puts good lineups out. He fucks around. Too much they could draw someone like America in quarters.
If healthy team has the best chance of any MLS team I can think of to win this whole thing

Looks like Dos Santos will play in the 2H according to Arena. The bigger news though, Central have a player named Elton John!

He came to the restaurant I worked at, he says that a lot of this has to do with just the casual nature of football in Toronto. He isn't hounded here, his wife likes it here there's a large Italian community so the adaptation has been very easy for him.
Giovinco is physically very very small and the nature of football in Europe, he would get broken. There are very few smaller framed footballers other than Messi that don't have long term injuries.
makes more money here too

What do u guys think about Suarez as La Liga top scorer at +1800? Does messi take all the penalties?

I've decided to fire up a draftkings account and do some fantasy EPL to lose money twice as fast as normal :cheers3: :cheers3:

I'm certainly no shark when it comes to fantasy soccer, but I do believe I have more knowledge of players outside the big 4-5 than other players might, so who knows.
Obviously this will be a work in progress.
Will obviously look to pick players in games lined to the over on offense and to the under on defense.
I think my twitter feed gives me lineups pretty quick so I can maneuver on the fly pretty well.

We'll see how week one goes. Rooney on my team this week. United/Spurs and ManCity/WBA are the two most heavily lined to the over in week 1 as I see it. I don't trust goals from City (not to mention I'm just playing a Saturday game schedule tournament).
Gonna fill in as we go on....but if anyone has any feelings on guys they think may click, I'm all ears

United draw Club Brugge in CL play.

Play-off draw
League route
Lazio (ITA) v Bayer Leverkusen (GER) – 18 & 26 August
Manchester United (ENG) v Club Brugge (BEL) – 18 & 26 August
Sporting CP (POR) v CSKA Moskva (RUS) – 18 & 26 August
Rapid Wien (AUT) v Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) – 19 & 25 August
Valencia (ESP) v AS Monaco (FRA) – 19 & 25 August

Champions route
Astana (KAZ) v APOEL (CYP) – 18 & 26 August
Skënderbeu (ALB) v Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) – 19 & 25 August
Celtic (SCO) v Malmö (SWE) – 19 & 25 August
FC Basel (SUI) v Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR) – 19 & 25 August
BATE Borisov (BLR) v Partizan (SRB) – 18 & 26 August

not as much as the Lazio/Bayer one
both these teams gave one heck of a push in Serie A and Bundesliga for a good portion of the season.

Monaco was always going to play second fiddle to PSG/Lyon but the surprising thing was they actually managed to get into CL.

cant blame the ref for it

Young did a full on barrel roll, there's a reason he's a 3x fallon d'floor winner

I thought Jones was starting tbh. Not sure what the deal is, he didn't even make the bench.
Thought Carrick and Schneiderlin were underwhelming today. Good defensively, but lots of short passes/giveaways. United lucky to get all 3 there, definitely will take it tho

Someone said it best about Blind. Blind at CB with three inthe back, good. Blind at CB with 4 - 2 central defenders, bad. Blind fantastic with the ball at his feet, whereas Smalling is terrible. I wonder if they mix it up a bit and put Rojo back there when he is fit.

Spurs looking to pick up a striker other than Hernandez? Wheels seem to have come off the offense since the final month of last season.

dont think they are after chicharito

most rumors saying Njie should be done soon and then once Rondon gets completed to West Brom they will seel Berahino

only other rumored striker is Timo Werner

Thought I read something the other day about Chicharito when the MLS rumour was circulating. Also first names I see when I Google are Lavezzi and Honda. Lavezzi would be good, not sure about Honda.

Back