AU fires Malzahn

Cristobal seems to have the most momentum in the rumor mills here. Great recruiter, but questionable in-game coaching. Given Saban's record against former assistants, seems a curious hire

Well I said if he lost this week he was gone.

I guess he was gone either way and they ain’t gonna get caught lacking

They should fire every person who was involved in that extension. Jimmy Sexton beat them worse than Zona St beat Zona this weekend
South Carolina’s might be worse. They gave Muschamp a job and alotta guaranteed money and their only competition was themselves

Cristobal seems to have the most momentum in the rumor mills here. Great recruiter, but questionable in-game coaching. Given Saban's record against former assistants, seems a curious hire
I feel like Napier isn’t as safe as Cristobal obviously but the ceiling could be higher and probably get him pretty cheap.

did he turn Sacry down? That’s the rumor I heard. He may have already known this was coming.

Hearing Kevin Steele is a legit contender
When I think of Steele, I think of tewo things:

1. WVU scoring 70 in the Orange Bowl and

2. This:

The Bears led 24-21 with four seconds left on the clock when Darrell Bush was stripped on the goal line at the UNLV one yard line while trying to push his way to the endzone. But just when victory seemed assured, Rebel defensive back Thomas picked up the ball and returned it 99 yards for the touchdown as time expired.

I dont remember the spread exactly, but suffice it to say that Baylor was favored by more than three and less than nine. Steele claimed it wasn't about covering the spread.

Rebel defensive back Thomas picked up the ball and returned it 99 yards for the touchdown as time expired.

There's a name from the past. Dude was good!

Does the SEC have to allow Freeze to accept the Auburn job? I don't know about all of it, but sounds like nationally people forget all the circumstances he left Ole Miss.

Does the SEC have to allow Freeze to accept the Auburn job? I don't know about all of it, but sounds like nationally people forget all the circumstances he left Ole Miss.

I don't anticipate Sankey standing in the way. Supposedly South Carolina sought and was granted permission from the SEC to talk to Freeze. I assume that Auburn would get the same answer.

When Alabama tried to hire him as an assistant a few years ago, they were not told "no" directly, but were strongly encouraged to look elsewhere. Not sure what Sankey would say now, but I can't imagine he'd be happy with AU hiring Freeze and all that scrutiny given what's on the horizon for AU's basketball team, not to mention the LSU title IX stuff.

If the rumors that AU is telling the candidates that they have to keep certain staff members are true, this may end up as one of the worst coaching searches of all time

If the rumors that AU is telling the candidates that they have to keep certain staff members are true, this may end up as one of the worst coaching searches of all time
It’s always been rumored how there are a few people there that run the show. And they don’t work at the university.
This looks to be a disaster.

SEC coaches speaking of Pelini gone.

As if we all didn’t know. Don’t want to hijack but good riddance

It’s always been rumored how there are a few people there that run the show. And they don’t work at the university.
This looks to be a disaster.
I think that's true at almost every big program. There are still boosters at Alabama that are looking for ways to get Saban out so they can have more control. It's mind boggling to me. Someone said Cole Cubelic tweeted something to the effect of: The guys pulling the strings would rather watch a 7-5 team from the sidelines than an undefeated team from the luxury box

I think that's true at almost every big program. There are still boosters at Alabama that are looking for ways to get Saban out so they can have more control. It's mind boggling to me. Someone said Cole Cubelic tweeted something to the effect of: The guys pulling the strings would rather watch a 7-5 team from the sidelines than an undefeated team from the luxury box
I think it’s true for almost every SEC program. Some manage it better than others and some just have smarter/luckier boosters.

I think it’s true for almost every SEC program. Some manage it better than others and some just have smarter/luckier boosters.
You have to have great leadership to keep those guys writing the checks without holding the program hostage. We got lucky, it remains to be seen what happens after Saban leaves

Back