AU fires Malzahn

The rumors down here are fascinating. Cubelic reportedly said on the radio that AU is telling the candidates that they will have to keep 5 on the field defensive coaches. Apparently the boosters were willing to pony up to pay Gus' buyout, but not everyone else. Which is why they wanted to hire Steele in the first place

UAB's Bill Clark and ULL's Billy Napier said no?
I’ve heard Napier wants money for staff and all the previous things being thrown in here are making that difficult. He doesn’t want to go into a bad situation

Auburn’s AD and President won’t sign off on Freeze. Sounds like it’s going to be Brian Harsin from Boise St
I knew the AD and Assistant AD had some history with Freeze from their time at Ole Miss. The Assistant AD and Freeze clashed over Ole Miss’ NCAA shit. Sounds like Freeze was the head fake for Harsin.

Harsin is a completely uninspiring hire. Next search will begin in less than two years. Some real smart people paying Gus 21 million to go away and not even upgrade.

Harsin is a completely uninspiring hire. Next search will begin in less than two years. Some real smart people paying Gus 21 million to go away and not even upgrade.
According to the AU beat writers, he was a top candidate the whole time. They just didn't want his name leaked

Wow what a horrible hire. Totally let Boise slip, BYU beating the shit out of them this year being the latest evidence. Unbelievable that's the best they could do.

Agree with everyone that he hasn't maintained Boise well and now is supposed to take Auburn to another level? Glad I'm not an Auburn fan.

I’ve never thought dumpster fire was a good description of Auburn football, I’ve always preferred clusterfuck. I didn’t think this would go well and here we are. Just hoping for the best. I would have loved to have seen Bill Clark fwiw.

I’ve never thought dumpster fire was a good description of Auburn football, I’ve always preferred clusterfuck. I didn’t think this would go well and here we are. Just hoping for the best. I would have loved to have seen Bill Clark fwiw.
Bill Clark is a stud. Plus he knows every high school coach in the state. Would have been a home run IMO

Back