Assuming tOSU, LSU, CLEM all make it..... Who is your 4th team that MAKES it in?

We are talking about scheduling, as I thought it was brought up.
I can agree Buckeyes play teams....let’s admit LSU does too. Alllll thatbtalk about not crossing the Mississippi River....AT Washington and at UCLA.

I’ll also say this. If you expect LSU to never schedule an instate school, being the only P5 in the state.....we can shut in one hand and want in the other. It’s too important for money and the other teams viability.

We can go round and round. Just please let’s not say LSU doesn’t schedule OOC with the best of the big ones
We all know LSU is one of the few that are willing to schedule a big game. That is no debate.

They scheduled a marquee 'name' this year that just so happens to be a very run of the mill team.

No one thought in August that OSU win over Cincy would be MUCH better than a LSU win over Texas.

Lemme say this too

I’d be sick of al the LSU all over ESPN too

I love it, personally for the obvious

But Ryan Clark( who is the best one on TV btw), Spears and Booger and SVP and his love for LSU
It can be a bit much...not for me, but I get it for real

Just so I am clear. I am not complaining about any specific team schedule. I am saying it ia extremely difficult to take two teams from one conference when that conference hasn't dominated other conferences. That's my argument.

Basically playing those games late is an added bye week. That's what it is, when the bumps and bruises hurt a bit more. This is an opportunity to sit guys when you might not be able to in a pivotal conference game .
The SEC started doing this to give UF, UGA, and USC an advantage over their ACC rivals. The ACC teams had to follow suit.

Last edited:
Well, you would have lost half of one too.
tenor.png

Just so I am clear. I am not complaining about any specific team schedule. I am saying it ia extremely difficult to take two teams from one conference when that conference hasn't dominated other conferences. That's my argument.
I dig

LSU East game is FLA every year too....cmon

And props to FLA.....they have Fla St every year. Not their fault they been bad
Ags played how many ranked teams ? Number one's?
Doesn't count because only one was out of conference.

Comparing BYU vs Duke as opponents is not even the right comparison. Utah's other n-c opponents are N Illinois & Idaho St. Bama's other n-c opponents are N Mexico St, S Miss, and W Carolina.

So you should compare BYU to S Miss. If you want to match up, Duke merely compares to a P12 opponent for Utah.

Couldn’t disagree more. Who in pac12 wouldn’t be favs over duke? Bama played all the crap sec teams not the good ones so let’s not use the Strength of conf when bama conf slate was almost as comical as their non.

I'd be very curious to see what happens if Georgia beats LSU if Orgeron benches his starters in the SEC title game(which he without question should absolutely do). Georgia is currently 4th. Even though I think Georgia's loss is definitely the worst of all the contenders for that 4th spot, the committee has already made their bed by making them 4th now. They certainly couldn't justify dropping Georgia in that scenario without making a farce of the rankings from the previous weeks.

I'd be very curious to see what happens if Georgia beats LSU if Orgeron benches his starters in the SEC title game(which he without question should absolutely do). Georgia is currently 4th. Even though I think Georgia's loss is definitely the worst of all the contenders for that 4th spot, the committee has already made their bed by making them 4th now. They certainly couldn't justify dropping Georgia in that scenario without making a farce of the rankings from the previous weeks.

I have a huge question/issue w saying he should unquestionably rest his starters. You don’t think the sec championship is important to them? I get so fed up w ppl treating the playoff and championship like only thing that matter. They not. Winning the sec championship a big deal. They not playing another game for how long? If he rested one starter he should get fired, shot, and the school should just get sent home from playoff consideration.

Thank god he would never do that nor would another coach. Minute they start thinking that ok as you seem to this sport done. I wouldn’t watch again.

I really like Utah and wish Oregon hadn’t lost, was looking forward to the line value and loading up on the Utes next week.

I have a huge question/issue w saying he should unquestionably rest his starters. You don’t think the sec championship is important to them? I get so fed up w ppl treating the playoff and championship like only thing that matter. They not. Winning the sec championship a big deal. They not playing another game for how long? If he rested one starter he should get fired, shot, and the school should just get sent home from playoff consideration.

Thank god he would never do that nor would another coach. Minute they start thinking that ok as you seem to this sport done. I wouldn’t watch again.
2dabank, I am speaking only through the lens of what most people care about now. I absolutely hear what you're saying, agree 100% and I could write a book on my thoughts on how college football has changed for the worse since the only emphasis is on what used to be called the "Mythical National Championship" Back in the day, all teams cared about was getting to and winning their destination bowl game, i.e., the perfect season for a Big Ten team was winning the Big Ten, and winning the Rose Bowl. If someone voted them National Champion it was gravy. Now, all that matters is the NC, and the sport overall is worse for it my opinion.

But in this day and age, where the NC is everything, other than the gravitas of saying you won the SEC, the game is meaningless to LSU. The SEC title game was proven to be meaningless in the national championship picture when Alabama made the playoff without even making it there.

There is nothing positive that can happen for LSU for winning that game. It's a burden through the lens of the national picture. That was my point. If he puts winning the SEC title ahead of the national title, which I hope he does, then he shouldn't sit anyone, but all the emphasis is on the NC these days.

2dabank, I am speaking only through the lens of what most people care about now. I absolutely hear what you're saying, agree 100% and I could write a book on my thoughts on how college football has changed for the worse since the only emphasis is on what used to be called the "Mythical National Championship" Back in the day, all teams cared about was getting to and winning their destination bowl game, i.e., the perfect season for a Big Ten team was winning the Big Ten, and winning the Rose Bowl. If someone voted them National Champion it was gravy. Now, all that matters is the NC, and the sport overall is worse for it my opinion.

But in this day and age, where the NC is everything, other than the gravitas of saying you won the SEC, the game is meaningless to LSU. The SEC title game was proven to be meaningless in the national championship picture when Alabama made the playoff without even making it there.

There is nothing positive that can happen for LSU for winning that game. It's a burden through the lens of the national picture. That was my point. If he puts winning the SEC title ahead of the national title, which I hope he does, then he shouldn't sit anyone, but all the emphasis is on the NC these days.

I hear you. I just don’t think competing to win the sec championship and trying to win natty champ are mutually exclusive. The playoffs are damn near a month away, you can’t worry about someone getting hurt, someone could get hurt in practice or hit by bus walking across street. That No way to live.

Not to mention If they rested guys that game and lost what happens if gophers run the table? You can’t just assume you in cause in that situation osu is now 1 so if they both lose conf championship wouldn’t it be more likely osu stays in? I don’t see how there any way gophers not in playoffs if they win out?? That what I’m rooting for even tho unlikely cause that would be total Meham! Blow this stupid thing up!! All conf champs get in, the best of the little guys, and 2 wc they can just reserve for bama every year like them and their fans think should happen anyways! Lol

In your world......and the one we live in

Who would you take if there are 5 P5 champs

Tough question. If I have to take 4 then I take the 4 of the 5 champs I think are most deserving, knowing it isn't a true championship, though.

Here's Week 15 and Week 16 with a 55-3 win in between

College Football Playoff Rankings

RKTEAMRECTRENDLAST WEEKNEXT WEEK
1AlabamaAlabama11-1-vs #15AuburnW55-44vs #16MissouriW42-13
2OregonOregon11-1-@Oregon StateW47-19vs #7ArizonaW51-13
3TCUTCU10-12@TexasW48-10vsIowa StateW55-3
4Florida StateFlorida State12-01vsFloridaW24-19vs #11Georgia TechW37-35
5Ohio StateOhio State11-11vsMichiganW42-28vs #13WisconsinW59-0
6BaylorBaylor10-11vsTexas TechW48-46vs #9Kansas StateW38-27

Don’t you get the feeling they want an LSU Ohio St game somehow?
This is the ESPN narrative.

I am not a Dabo fan. Not b/c he is at Clemson, but b/c I don't like rah-rah guys. However, I loved his post game rant after USCe. ESPN has been doing everything they can to downgrade them. Regardless of draw, I can guarantee nobody wants them. They are more complete than tOSU in my opinion, and that is who ESPN has been touting as the most complete team in the nation

This is the ESPN narrative.

I am not a Dabo fan. Not b/c he is at Clemson, but b/c I don't like rah-rah guys. However, I loved his post game rant after USCe. ESPN has been doing everything they can to downgrade them. Regardless of draw, I can guarantee nobody wants them. They are more complete than tOSU in my opinion, and that is who ESPN has been touting as the most complete team in the nation
Make no mistake. Clemson has grown ass dudes on that team. I don’t give a fuck how they look when the “beat teams”, they will be a tough out for anyone. They can go toe to toe with anyone

it all depends on:

1) if Utah wins on friday night, how much do they win by? style points will matter.

2) does LSU or Georgia win? If Georgia, then they are the 4th team in.

3) how good does OU look against Baylor on Sat morning.

it is all about style points between Utah and OU.

it all depends on:

1) if Utah wins on friday night, how much do they win by? style points will matter.

2) does LSU or Georgia win? If Georgia, then they are the 4th team in.

3) how good does OU look against Baylor on Sat morning.

it is all about style points between Utah and OU.

disagree...only matters if utah loses.

Style points are out the window at this point. Utah win, and they are in. At this point in the season, you are who you are.

that's what many people said in 2014 when TCU was #4 and beat iowa state in a yawner but Ohio State beat Wisky 59-0 and I told doubters that Ohio State would jump TCU.

what happened??

so if Utah wins by 1 point in a sloppy, penalty-ridden and turnover-infested game, and Oklahoma wins by 14 points in a clean game, no chance OU can jump the Utes ??

in my opinion...no...definitely no expert though...

also keep in mind the committee chair is pac 12 guy.

that's what many people said in 2014 when TCU was #4 and beat iowa state in a yawner but Ohio State beat Wisky 59-0 and I told doubters that Ohio State would jump TCU.

what happened??
Are we talking about TCU beating a 2 win team to close out their season, while tOSU handed a quality opponent an ass whooping? Difference here is Oregon is a quality opponent. Not a scrub. Utah wins and they are in the 4 spot.

We can simply agree to disagree, as I have no desire to debate an OU fanboy on why his favorite team will not make the final-4 if Utah wins (by1 or as many as you want) the PAC.

Just such an awful loss to kstate. Cannot happen.
Just such an awful loss to USC. Cannot happen.

As cub said, they will do whatever they want.

I think Utah will be more competitive than OU in their playoff game though, were either to get there.

But if they take two teams from the SEC in a year when the SEC is DOWN as a conference then it is just the most corrupt shit ever. If LSU loses they are out.. if UGA loses they out .. if either wins, they are in. Fuck off if uga beats LSU and they both go to playoff for another rematch !!!! Fuck the fucking fuck off

In your world......and the one we live in

Who would you take if there are 5 P5 champs

This is the only question that needs to be asked...if there were 5 undefeated Power 5 conference champions how in the world could one of them be left out? That’s why having a 4 team playof, with 5 Power conferences is the fucking dumbest idea anyone could have come up with.

There is no reason there shouldn’t be 6 teams in the playoffs. The 5 Power conference champions and then one at-large team. If there is an undefeated non-Power 5, they get the nod. If there isn’t, then the committtee picks the at-large team. This leaves the committee with ONE potential decision, as opposed to how it works now which is completely fucking ridiculous.

Back