Assuming tOSU, LSU, CLEM all make it..... Who is your 4th team that MAKES it in?

I hope you’re right as I think Utah is more deserving. I could just see bama getting some hype, especially from espn, if they blowout auburn.
Bama simply doesn't blow out Auburn two years in a row except in the most exceptional of circumstances wqhere the game is not expected to be even remotely competitive. Auburn is 7-1 ATS against Bama the next year after losing by 16+ to Bama, and the only non-cover was in 2012 when Alabama was favored by 34, which is 7.5 points higher than the second-highest pointspread in this series (going back to 1980).

And Auburn is 6-0 SU & ATS against Bama (avg. line +4.5) the year after losing by 8+ if Bama's record isn't at least three wins better than Auburn's. Examples include the recent wins in 2013 by 10-1 Auburn over 11-0 Alabama (after 49-0 whitewash in 2012) and the 2017 win by 9-2 Auburn over11-0 Alabama (after losing 30-12 in 2016).

Not aimed at you but therein lies the problem. In the eyes of the east they automatically suck because they are west of the Mississippi. Utah's DL can cause problems for any of the top teams. If Anae played for a Big 10 or SEC team he'd be talked about as often as Young.

Utah still needs to win two games, not a guarantee. Anything can happen in a conference championship game.....
Utah will get in if it handles biz

SEC is just so run of the mill this year it is hard to warrant the two teams thing like in past years. I mean their interconference play is not impressive
For who? Please start leaving LSU out of these convos......if you want to say other teams, go ahead.
LSU has proven over and over and over and over and over they play teams.

I’m trying to sound like a homer but the narrative that ALL SEC teams do this is, to quote Killa, Absurd on its face

I especially enjoyed their games vs BYU, Chattanooga, GA Southern, NW State and Utah State.
Oh you didn’t like going to UT, or playing Wisconsin in Lambeau or traveling in Washington to play UW

Gimme a fucking break

I guess LSU shoulda played Southern Utah and BYU and San Jose St

Ohhhhhhhh wait. Utah did that for us

This is insane

If we get into the comparing schedule category, it's Alabama that's played nobody. Their best win is who? A&M? Tennessee? But they are Alabama. But the ridiculous Duke, So. Miss, W. Carolina, NM State is insane.

LSU should be in as long as they beat A&M OR Georgia. Same for OSU and Clemson. They all just need one win and they're in.

If we get into the comparing schedule category, it's Alabama that's played nobody. Their best win is who? A&M? Tennessee? But they are Alabama. But the ridiculous Duke, So. Miss, W. Carolina, NM State is insane.

LSU should be in as long as they beat A&M OR Georgia. Same for OSU and Clemson. They all just need one win and they're in.
That’s my point scarf.....you want to say Bama played no one. Fine. I agree.

Don’t lump LSU in the discussion. Because usually, they are the antithesis of all the scheduling bullshit. Year in and out....or MAYBE they will play a top 5 Oregon team on a neutral......oh the horror

I agree, LSU has more quality wins than anyone in the nation this year. This is getting set up for either Bama or Oklahoma to get in. They want no part of Utah because they're not sexy enough for these asshats on this rigged committee.

I agree, LSU has more quality wins than anyone in the nation this year. This is getting set up for either Bama or Oklahoma to get in. They want no part of Utah because they're not sexy enough for these asshats on this rigged committee.
It’s not even this year though that is aggravating. We all know LSU has more quality as you pointed out.

It’s getting pumped in with “the rest” year in and year out when it is simply not the case.
The narrative for years is, the SEC only plays on neutrals in Texas.....sure LSU is gonna take the multi million dollar check and it’s a huge game for recruiting and a national stage. But let’s not just say, ohhhhh because Bama plays/played a shit schedule allllllllll the SEC does too. Because it is complete bullshit. And again, I’m not even talking this year.

For who? Please start leaving LSU out of these convos......if you want to say other teams, go ahead.
LSU has proven over and over and over and over and over they play teams.

I’m trying to sound like a homer but the narrative that ALL SEC teams do this is, to quote Killa, Absurd on its face
I am not even talking about the schedules, I am talking about the conference results

It's so fun to mess with you. I can almost visualize you getting all fired up. :rofl:
Lol.

This is the ONE thing I’m passionate about because it is so misunderstood. For real. LSU gets lumped in to this void of bullshit when it is sooooooo not the case

For example?

Arkansas loses to Western Kentucky
Arkansas loses to SJSU
Mississippi State loses to Kansas State
Missouri loses to wyoming
Ole Miss loses to Memphis
Ole Miss loses to Cal
S Carolina loses to UNC
S Carolina loses to App St
Vols lose to Georgia St
Vols lose to BYU
TAMU loses to Clemson (holy crap a real team)
Vandy loses to Purdue
Vandy loses to UNLV

Almost all of those games are at home too. Given those type of cross-conference results how in the hell could we ever allow two teams from that conference to go to a four team playoff? We shouldn't even were they undefeated imo but that is a whole different can of worms.

In general the SEC seems to schedule the most cupcake teams for their OOC games. This helps achieve several things...

confidence
"scrimmage/practice" games
winning schedules/higher rankings
being warmed up but not injured

In general the SEC seems to schedule the most cupcake teams for their OOC games. This helps achieve several things...

confidence
"scrimmage/practice" games
winning schedules/higher rankings
being warmed up but not injured
LSU isn’t in general then.

Just say you hate the Bama narrative.....most do.

Let’s not talk out of school though

Oh wait.....they play another conference game huh? Don’t wanna forget Rutgers and Maryland

I get the Bama hate. More than any of fucking y’all.

But stick to that and not throwing feces at the wall, because a lot of this talk is just absurd

Arkansas loses to SJSU
Ole Miss loses to Cal
S Carolina loses to UNC
Vols lose to Georgia St
Vols lose to BYU
Vandy loses to Purdue
Vandy loses to UNLV

Almost all of those games are at home too. Given those type of cross-conference results how in the hell could we ever allow two teams from that conference to go to a four team playoff? We shouldn't even were they undefeated imo but that is a whole different can of worms.
I get it. Trust me. Can we play this game with every conference?

Who did Ohio St play out of conference this year?

I'm a Buffs fan and they had all FBS schools on their schedule. Their OOC games were Colorado State, Nebraska and Air Force - the other 9 games were all conference.

But... Ohio State also played all FBS schools.

These "elite" teams should be scheduling FBS schools instead of glorified bye weeks where they pay a ton of money to embarrass FCS schools on their home field.

Wait... does the SEC play 8 conference games while other conferences play 9?

I’m not even picking on Ohio St.....no problem with their schedule

Oregon coming, ND, others

So you are telling me the real difference in these schedules are Buffalo is soooooooooo much better than Georgia Southern.
Come. The. Fuck. On.

Or Vandy, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, S Carolina

You can do that with any conference - not one conference is good top to bottom
Totally agree on the 2nd.

Just say you have a problem with the Bama schedule and leave it at that.

People don’t typically like the SEC week of last weeks games. Sure, I get it. Does it really matter when the game is played? Is it forgotten when played earlier and “ok”?
Clemson played Wolford too last week.....we gonna talk about that?

Just SAY I HATE BAMA

It’s ok......I do it all the time

I don't hate Bama.

I hate how any team can get into the playoffs when they don't win (or even play in) their conference championship (and I felt the same about OSU too before you go there). How can someone be a national champion when they weren't even their conference champion?

Stupid it should even be a conversation.

I'm just mad we didn't have the playoff when Nebraska was good. At least one more national title.

Oh wait.....they play another conference game huh? Don’t wanna forget Rutgers and Maryland

I get the Bama hate. More than any of fucking y’all.

But stick to that and not throwing feces at the wall, because a lot of this talk is just absurd
See you say that, but the SEC has 5 horrible teams and 7 overall that are blah. You can bring up Maryland and Rutgers and you need to acknowledge Arkansas and Vandy. Same exact shit.

I don't hate Bama.

I hate how any team can get into the playoffs when they don't win (or even play in) their conference championship (and I felt the same about OSU too before you go there). How can someone be a national champion when they weren't even their conference champion?

Stupid it should even be a conversation.
Bingo

Totally agree on the 2nd.

Just say you have a problem with the Bama schedule and leave it at that.

People don’t typically like the SEC week of last weeks games. Sure, I get it. Does it really matter when the game is played? Is it forgotten when played earlier and “ok”?
Clemson played Wolford too last week.....we gonna talk about that?

Just SAY I HATE BAMA

It’s ok......I do it all the time
Basically playing those games late is an added bye week. That's what it is, when the bumps and bruises hurt a bit more. This is an opportunity to sit guys when you might not be able to in a pivotal conference game .

Arkansas loses to SJSU
Ole Miss loses to Cal
S Carolina loses to UNC
Vols lose to Georgia St
Vols lose to BYU
Vandy loses to Purdue
Vandy loses to UNLV

It just means more. Have a happy Thanksgiving peeps..and yes I had to bait Cub a few posts back ;)

See you say that, but the SEC has 5 horrible teams and 7 overall that are blah. You can bring up Maryland and Rutgers and you need to acknowledge Arkansas and Vandy. Same exact shit.
I do. Again. It’s a Bama issue. Let’s leave it at that tho

They played Washington and Wisconsin this year?
We are talking about scheduling, as I thought it was brought up.
I can agree Buckeyes play teams....let’s admit LSU does too. Alllll thatbtalk about not crossing the Mississippi River....AT Washington and at UCLA.

I’ll also say this. If you expect LSU to never schedule an instate school, being the only P5 in the state.....we can shut in one hand and want in the other. It’s too important for money and the other teams viability.

We can go round and round. Just please let’s not say LSU doesn’t schedule OOC with the best of the big ones

LSU East game is FLA every year too....cmon

And props to FLA.....they have Fla St every year. Not their fault they been bad

Basically playing those games late is an added bye week. That's what it is, when the bumps and bruises hurt a bit more. This is an opportunity to sit guys when you might not be able to in a pivotal conference game .

Ok. We will just go in circles here. So when Michigan has Mid Tenny St then Army......that should be an early bye, right? Isn’t that the idea?

LSU played Arkansas last week.....conference game, but they suck....:it just never ends.

And I agree with most of what y’all say about letting 2 in from conference btw...//these other teams never seem to help themselves tho/

The whole thing is ice skating....we all know

The last 2 years weren’t great, but since Saban has been coach, we have played OOC:

Clemson
Virginia Tech x 2
Penn State x 2
West Virginia
Florida State x 2
Michigan
USC
Louisville
Duke x 2

Saban has long been pushing for 9 conference games and only power 5 non-conference, but the rest of the league is against. The last time it was brought up at the conference meetings, it was 13-1 against. We have already started scheduling aggressively moving forward, and Saban said on his radio show that the goal is at least 2 P5 games out of conference every season. And while I agree that this season our schedule is crap, I don’t think it’s as easy as saying aTm and auburn have 4 losses, they must suck. 90% of FBS would have lost all those games too. Doesn’t mean they are good certainly, but not all losses are the same

With the current make up of the committee, I believe that if either OU or Utah win out, they will pass Alabama and take the #4 spot, behind Ohio State, LSU and Clemson. If both win out, Utah will get the nod because of the large number of voters from the Pac 12 on the Committee, including the Chairman, who is the AD at Oregon.

LSU East game is FLA every year too....cmon

And props to FLA.....they have Fla St every year. Not their fault they been bad
Whoa, whoa, whoa...we're 7-1 against the over the last 8. Go ahead and chalk this year as a loss too, so 7-2 over last 9. Not a bad decade.

Back