Assuming tOSU, LSU, CLEM all make it..... Who is your 4th team that MAKES it in?

L8kersFan74

Pretty much a regular
NOT who you would put in right now......the 4th team you think actually MAKES it into the CFP this season. :popcorn:

Probably just me being a homer, but I think Alabama is better than any of the other teams in the running for the 4 spot. If chalk holds, I tend to think they put Oklahoma in. Feels safer to put a blueblood in over Utah.

Probably just me being a homer, but I think Alabama is better than any of the other teams in the running for the 4 spot. If chalk holds, I tend to think they put Oklahoma in. Feels safer to put a blueblood in over Utah.
I don't think the committee can take OK over AL on eye test alone. OK is fading to end the season.

Would hate to see LSU(1)/Bama(4) again
If Bama makes it ... That all but guarantees the committee elevated OSU to #1 (which it should anyways after they finish season with 3 straight top 10 wins) to avoid a rematch.

I take Utah if they win out. On a nuetral, Utah beats Oklahoma and Alabama SU as the teams are currently construed.

If Bama makes it ... That all but guarantees the committee elevated OSU to #1 (which it should anyways after they finish season with 3 straight top 10 wins) to avoid a rematch.

They aren't supposed to factor that in when seeding. I'd think they'd rather have them play in the semis to avoid an all-SEC championship game again.

They aren't supposed to factor that in when seeding. I'd think they'd rather have them play in the semis to avoid an all-SEC championship game again.

They shouldn’t worry bout that. Neither would make it if facing osu and Clemson.

I'm on record as saying I think they will take Bama again if LSU beats UGa. I think Utah should be the team if they beat Oregon, but I think the SEC and their bias will play huge here.

Let's not forget the one thing about pitting a Bama/LSU rematch...if you think that this committee doesn't know that the last Ship Bama/LSU rematch game was a ratings DISASTER (one of the lowest rated games ever for that stage), you're fooling yourself.

If Georgia wins, I can live with them getting it obviously.

But either Bama or Oklahoma, people are getting sick of seeing this same shit year after year. If Tua was there and they could find a way to make it a Tua/Clemson rematch, I could see it moreso....but Mac Jones and that young defense that Burrow shredded isn't making anyone want to tune in.

There's arguments on all sides for every team...it really is fascinating. Honestly, I think Utah needs to stomp Oregon and make a statement if they are to get in.

I'm on record as saying I think they will take Bama again if LSU beats UGa. I think Utah should be the team if they beat Oregon, but I think the SEC and their bias will play huge here.

Let's not forget the one thing about pitting a Bama/LSU rematch...if you think that this committee doesn't know that the last Ship Bama/LSU rematch game was a ratings DISASTER (one of the lowest rated games ever for that stage), you're fooling yourself.

If Georgia wins, I can live with them getting it obviously.

But either Bama or Oklahoma, people are getting sick of seeing this same shit year after year. If Tua was there and they could find a way to make it a Tua/Clemson rematch, I could see it moreso....but Mac Jones and that young defense that Burrow shredded isn't making anyone want to tune in.

There's arguments on all sides for every team...it really is fascinating. Honestly, I think Utah needs to stomp Oregon and make a statement if they are to get in.

Utah needs to make it past the Buffs first. That will be their test :)

I think the Committee will take Utah partly because the chairman is a PAC guy. Also, I expect them to win out. Regarding Oklahoma,, they'll have the same record, and a common opponent, which Utah beat worse than OU did.

Utah needs to make it past the Buffs first. That will be their test :)
I'm not going to lie, this game worries me just with what's on the line. That being said, it should be another cover for Utah. I'm hearing Montez has bad ribs....not sure of the validity.

I think the Committee will take Utah partly because the chairman is a PAC guy. Also, I expect them to win out. Regarding Oklahoma,, they'll have the same record, and a common opponent, which Utah beat worse than OU did.

I don’t think sooners gonna win out. Shame okie lite qb out or I’d give them a great chance to pull the upset., think bears will clip them in rematch.,

I'm not going to lie, this game worries me just with what's on the line. That being said, it should be another cover for Utah. I'm hearing Montez has bad ribs....not sure of the validity.

I’m so worried utes gonna get fucked cause of ducks losing. Be a real shame to go that way from no fault of their own. Just don’t see committee jumping them over bama assuming bama wins the iron bowl. Not sure they gonna look at beating ducks as any more impressive than beating auburn on road? We gotta be big auburn fans if we want any justice!

@BYU to start year tougher than duke at home. That should matter too.

Winning conf should trump all. If you not the best team in your region why should you be part of national playoff?

Losing to the 3rd string backup on national TV Friday night needs to matter. #neverforget
Yeah, why does USC get a pass but not Utah? Moss and Huntley both went out that game. They are both special players and it makes a huge difference with them playing. There's still two games for Utah to not make it and prove the doubters right. I'm pretty confident they'll make #4 if they win out.

The bigger question... If they voted on the Heisman in January...and Utah plays LSU... What the hell does @scarf31 do?

He counts the bills in the wheel barrow from his 12 Burrow Heisman tickets, sits back with a beer and roots for the team that plays on the same field he used to get drunk, break into the stadium and play tackle football on. #goutes

ha. We started the year 5-0 last year and couldn't get the 6th win for a bowl game.

He counts the bills in the wheel barrow from his 12 Burrow Heisman tickets, sits back with a beer and roots for the team that plays on the same field he used to get drunk, break into the stadium and play tackle football on. #goutes
At the real Death Valley, we used to sneak in and play football aged 11 and 12. When we drank and snuck in, we were in high school, and we'd go up to upper deck and risk breaking our necks on those super-steep stairs.

i'll take oklahoma over utah. i love great defensive teams usually; but can't get on utah bandwagon

iowa state, tcu, baylor, texas, kansas state, could be argued are better than anyone utah has played in conference

Although crappy arizona did beat texas tech and i'm still to this day trying to figure that one out.

I'm an asshole and biased obviously... I guess I need to watch a Utah game soon....

I'm an asshole and biased obviously... I guess I need to watch a Utah game soon....
Not aimed at you but therein lies the problem. In the eyes of the east they automatically suck because they are west of the Mississippi. Utah's DL can cause problems for any of the top teams. If Anae played for a Big 10 or SEC team he'd be talked about as often as Young.

Utah still needs to win two games, not a guarantee. Anything can happen in a conference championship game.....

Not aimed at you but therein lies the problem. In the eyes of the east they automatically suck because they are west of the Mississippi. Utah's DL can cause problems for any of the top teams. If Anae played for a Big 10 or SEC team he'd be talked about as often as Young.

Utah still needs to win two games, not a guarantee. Anything can happen in a conference championship game.....
All of this...

The usual SEC envy.

The only way I think two SEC teams get in, is if jorja beats LSU. And I don't think jorja would deserve it.
I think Bama would beat jorja if they played, but don't think Bama will get the nod.
I'm fine with Utah.

i'll take oklahoma over utah. i love great defensive teams usually; but can't get on utah bandwagon

iowa state, tcu, baylor, texas, kansas state, could be argued are better than anyone utah has played in conference

Although crappy arizona did beat texas tech and i'm still to this day trying to figure that one out.
Yes, of course, you can argue that (even if you may not be right), especially when the two conferences in question play 36 and 30 non-conference games as opposed to the 56 that the SEC and ACC play. The way you judge the quality of a conference is by its performance against the other conferences.

Think it comes down to bama and Utah beating auburn/Oregon respectively. Whoever looks more impressive
I am *not* committed to the idea that Alabama is not one of the four best teams, even with MJ at QB. However, I think the Committee is going to watch the teams behind Bama play tough opponents in the CCG's and tell us afterward that the fact that Bama didn't have to play justifies their decision to drop Bama.

I am *not* committed to the idea that Alabama is not one of the four best teams, even with MJ at QB. However, I think the Committee is going to watch the teams behind Bama play tough opponents in the CCG's and tell us afterward that the fact that Bama didn't have to play justifies their decision to drop Bama.
I think you are correct. A one loss non-conference champ has never gotten in over a 1 loss conference champ......only a 2 loss conference champ.

I hope you’re right as I think Utah is more deserving. I could just see bama getting some hype, especially from espn, if they blowout auburn.

@BYU to start year tougher than duke at home. That should matter too.
Comparing BYU vs Duke as opponents is not even the right comparison. Utah's other n-c opponents are N Illinois & Idaho St. Bama's other n-c opponents are N Mexico St, S Miss, and W Carolina.

So you should compare BYU to S Miss. If you want to match up, Duke merely compares to a P12 opponent for Utah.

What do you guys make the line on a neutral for...

Utah vs. Oklahoma

Utah vs. Bama

I'd think the lines would come out about 2.5-3 in favor of those teams vs UTAH. In current form, if make both PK.

Maybe even Bama a TD fave. Auburn was a significant fave over Oregon and Bama is a fave over Auburn in hostile this week.

Byu was such a weird team this year, some pretty good wins and two head scratching losses. Byu is better than duke regardless.

Back