April In-Game

been like that for years now hugh, you'd think it would be quite entertaining in terms of goals but it's all about possession football. Most think it's a defensive game but really it's all about playing keep away in the midfield.
Yet what is so odd is that in Japan where the Brasilians have a major influence, the idea is just to attack haha.

Who would of thought that a place like Norway would be all about the attack!
I think "risk averse" would be the term I would use. Not sure why there's been such a drastic sea change over the past few years in Brazil (obviously you know a little better than I do, but seems like it's become much more noticeable the past few seasons), but it's starting to get pretty bad in South America with leagues like Brazil, Argentina and Colombia where it's all about possession and not willing to take chances on offense but instead just waiting for that one perfect pass (Corinthians make Stoke City and Rangers look like Barcelona and Real Madrid). Plus, once they do spring a few guys loose, the strikers are of such declining quality, it's kind of hard to score...

Well, at least there's always Chile and Bolivia *LOL*

I think "risk averse" would be the term I would use. Not sure why there's been such a drastic sea change over the past few years in Brazil (obviously you know a little better than I do, but seems like it's become much more noticeable the past few seasons), but it's starting to get pretty bad in South America with leagues like Brazil, Argentina and Colombia where it's all about possession and not willing to take chances on offense but instead just waiting for that one perfect pass (Corinthians make Stoke City and Rangers look like Barcelona and Real Madrid). Plus, once they do spring a few guys loose, the strikers are of such declining quality, it's kind of hard to score...

Well, at least there's always Chile and Bolivia *LOL*

haha love that Corinthians analogy, but you are right, I once was planning on doing a blog specifically for Brasil. Had my mates help me out with translation and it was exciting, got to see Pato grow up the ranks from Internacional, Neymar as a 14 year old, but now a lot of coaches are taking a different approach, the title race is always very close so a lot of teams are very happy with 3 points. Unless a team like Flamengo is losing to a shit team and need the victory the pressure is on but that pressure is only going to last for like 5% of the game. There are some very exciting finishes when the rivals play but really most of the excitement is in the stands haha. Seriously there's always some sort of crowd trouble when teams such as Inter and Gremio.

Chile is consistent, Bolivia can be a hit or miss sometimes it is 5-1 and next day it's 1-0. Uruguay is not bad, Peru is usually good for in games, ton of action in the last few minutes.

Thanks billy - i just erased that post because I felt odd about posting it.

Your boys going to be able to hold on for a few more weeks?

Watching the game at Goodison was so odd - for a group of veterans, they seemed pretty tentative (there was one play where Mata was at the edge of the box, and instead of being aggressive, next thing you know he kicks it back and De Gea has a hold of it)

Funny thing is, when I first started following soccer on a serious basis about 5 years ago, all I ever heard was "Imagine what David Moyes could do with a bigger budget..." I guess now we know.

Unless Pool brings in massive reinforcements next season I think they may be in for a rough patch.
The summer will be a make or break for their preparations, they had no European football this season whereas we've seen the rest of the top boys just suffer through it.
Only Chelsea/Man City have done well that's cause they have the squad depth.

IF Suarez does leave for a ridiculous amount of money, who will they buy and will those purchases be enough? Suarez such an influence to the squad and Sturridge partnership has been solid.
How is Rodgers going to do in CL play? Squad rotations?

THey can definitely build up a dynasty or be one and done!

John Henry's shown a willingness to spend/overspend on the Red Sox, so maybe he'll do the same with Pool now...

Dalers and the over weighed in :cheers:

of course I'm giving back lots of profits with this Frederica over :hang:

Need about a billion goals today. My oldest daughter gave me a list of colleges she wants to go to....costs ranging from 40k to 60k.....PER YEAR :hang: :hang: :hang:

Its funny cause I look at United and I still see plenty of quality and good pieces, both young and in their prime.
Seems to me, just can't get a flow going.
Fellaini being shit is just flabbergasting to me, he seemed like he would be a great fit. Kagawa barely seeing the pitch for most of the early-mid season another head thumper. Zaha never seeing the field, Buttner just now being brought into the fold. And wtf happened to Januzaj.
It's gotta be tough for these players never knowing if/when they'll bet to play. playing 60 different lineups in 60 games seems a bit absurd.
They really need me to take over the reigns in there. A good looking, American guy, who doesn't give a fuck about anything but winning (And over 2.5's)

I like Rafael there when he's healthy. Carrick seems to be fitting in pretty good at cb too. Fletcher healthy could help, but year, they need a solid CB - but so do lots of teams.

bill,
think you have the right group there.
Randy Lerner is a total twat, sold the Browns and he's still got no clue what to do with Villa.

Henry on the other hand has experience with a winning team so he will build the right people around him to make sure his investments stay successful.

This is a great opportunity for Liverpool and probably the only opportunity they will get unless they want to wait another 10 years.
The great thing about Pool is they are a club a lot of players want to go and also stay. Too many years they've invested on the dumbest players, good to see Rodgers expand his buyings not from just one country.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Our sources are telling <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SSN&amp;src=hash">#SSN</a> that Moyes could be sacked by Manchester Utd in the next 24 hours - updates on this developing story from 1730</p>&mdash; Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statuses/458254915660689408">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Our sources are telling #SSN that Moyes could be sacked by Manchester Utd in the next 24 hours - updates on this developing story from 1730
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) April 21, 2014
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Reportedly also by the Telegraph, Sun, Mirror and Mail. Must have all had an embargo until 2pm - they've all tweeted at the same time.

Daily Mirror says Ryan Giggs would take over as interim. Guess the story must have some steam as all the reputable sources are reporting it now.

think Klopp might be a good choice, still young gun and is consistent with CL.
van Gaal...he's 62 also known to ruffle a few feathers with players but again he's a winner too.

Man Utd can't "experiment" they need a proven guy. Some how I think SAF is snickering because his legacy continues.

Laurent Blanc signed or is signing a contract extension with PSG so he should be out of the picture.
Giggs is a feel good story but not too sure he is right fit at this time, if that's the case he might as well bring Scholes, Steve Bruce and Roy keane as assistants.
There is Wenger? :)

OH0pagS.png

Hearing Giggs. Hope that's true. Dude is dyed in the wool and certainly would command the respect.

Keane also was dyed in the wool but didn't turn out to be great.
Respect has to be earned...he got it as a player...as a manager that's a different story. It's a feel good story but Man Utd don't need that now they need a proven winnere

Giggs is the long term guy and is probably the interim

I don't know if a guy who has probly slept with half the team's wives really commands that respect though

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Danny Welbeck has strong, local ties with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MUFC&amp;src=hash">#MUFC</a>. But it is true. As it stands, he does want to leave. Frustrated by lack of games</p>&mdash; Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) <a href="https://twitter.com/DTguardian/statuses/457937371598974977">April 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Garcia, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cityvwestbrom&amp;src=hash">#cityvwestbrom</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23mcfc&amp;src=hash">#mcfc</a></p>&mdash; Manchester City FC (@MCFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCFC/statuses/458304862837821440">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

Back