April In-Game

So let's see if I have this right...

Portuguesa were stripped of points last season for breaking rules and were demoted to Serie B. Then a judge ruled that those points be given back to Portuguesa and that the team should be returned to Serie A. The Brazilian Football Federation said 'no'. Portuguesa filed an injunction to have tonight's Serie B game with Joinville cancelled. The Brazilian Football Federation said 'no'. The game starts, and about 17 minutes in, a bunch of suits show up and tell them to stop the game, otherwise they'll be in violation of a court order.

<iframe width="480" height="320" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_28Txc_9q6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good luck with the World Cup.

:rofl:

didn't realize Italy playing early today. Lots of goals there :hang:
Sent in a few big plays today.....first one going off West Ham +11

Guys, the lines are going to get a little more inflated from here on in, but start taking a look at Tokushima Vortis in J-League. 8 games, 1 goal for and 26 goals against, and they've lost by 2+ in all of their games.

WTF puts the Rangers on at noon on Easter ffs. Gonna need to go to an early Mass tomorrow. Can NOT miss Rangers playoff game.

Guys, the lines are going to get a little more inflated from here on in, but start taking a look at Tokushima Vortis in J-League. 8 games, 1 goal for and 26 goals against, and they've lost by 2+ in all of their games.
Their next game is against Albirex Niigata who in 7 matches have only scored 6 goals and allowed 5 goals total
something gotta give there :searching:

I know there's good money to be made in JLeague and ALeague, but I have a real tough time betting on matches I never get a chance to watch.
Last bet I made on either was around New Years Eve.

How do you blokes feel about the World Cup forum being at the top of the ctg sports section. I don't think we've ever had a World Cup forum

Put it wherever you want it :cheers:

TBH I hate international soccer, probably will not post in anything but in game either. But no one gives a fuck what I'm rambling bout anyway

I'll be running a World Cup contest this summer. Any good ideas. I keep remembering that I messed up the euros but don't remember what it was. Can't look it up with the crash either

Put it wherever you want it :cheers:

TBH I hate international soccer, probably will not post in anything but in game either. But no one gives a fuck what I'm rambling bout anyway

International soccer blows. When I first started watching soccer it was because of the 2006 World Cup and I just loved the excitement of it. Toronto mike told me at the time that it's the worst quality of soccer and I should start watching domestic league soccer. Here I am today. It's not exciting for the quality, it's exciting for the patriotism and the largeness of it

Well, certainly WC in U.S. helped pave the way for more games to be televised, and eventually lead to mls....so there's that.

I suspect the viewership In the USA will be pretty big this year. Especially with the games being held in the afternoon and night. Instead of early morning or the middle of the night

yeah, probably so. But when US gets bumped in group without gaining a point, will set back USMNT 10 years.

Alex, what are you thinking, as far as the contest? Didn't we predict the group winner/2nd and then the overall winner for Euro 2012?

Alex, what are you thinking, as far as the contest? Didn't we predict the group winner/2nd and then the overall winner for Euro 2012?

3 points for winner. 2 points for runner up. 1 pt for picking a team to advance but not in the right position. 4 points for winning next round and so on is what I'm thinking

Mark Pavelich - forward on Miracle on Ice 1980 gold medal team, member of the smurfs line on the Rangers.

Back