****April In-Game****

My 17-year-old son and I were reminiscing about the last Pirates' playoff appearance today. I said, "Hey Tim, you remember when Barry Bonds was skinny and you were negative-four years old?"

oddly enough my dad and I were talking the last Indians world series , he remembers his dad told him that Stalin was very excited that faithful late fall day

oddly enough my dad and I were talking the last Indians world series , he remembers his dad told him that Stalin was very excited that faithful late fall day

Indians were in the 1997 World Series, Stalin been a corpse for 40+ years.

History fail.

I think he was talking about their last WS win, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, 100% chance Alex googled and landed on 1948.

anyone watching on mlb.tv? can you load the tigers game? it won't load for me...... wondering if it's too many ppl on my account or having issues with their stream. other games working fine

anyone watching on mlb.tv? can you load the tigers game? it won't load for me...... wondering if it's too many ppl on my account or having issues with their stream. other games working fine

Mine sez Tigs game temporarily unavailable, try later.

Wow, even the shitty Pirates have won the Series twice since then.

Cleveland being Cleveland.

Not too many teams haven't. Cubs, Rockies, Mariners, Padres ... think that's it. And Rockies, Mariners, Padres don't count, not original teams.

Could be KK, that's one of the things I liked best about the show. Each season basically brought a whole new cast of characters on in addition to the main ones. Very unique

Ya one of my favorites was with all the kids and the boxing gym with Prez as a teacher.

Not too many teams haven't. Cubs, Rockies, Mariners, Padres ... think that's it. And Rockies, Mariners, Padres don't count, not original teams.

And Nationals. And Texas teams. That's it, right. Those teams don't count either. Indians have been playing baseball for over 100 years, you have to work at and earn this sort of futility.

Damn I shortchanged them too. Pirates won in in 71 as well, I just remembered 79 and 60.

Not original but you can add the Rangers and Astros to that list.

so do you think they embalmed his indians cap on him

I'm not sure, but I'm going to look for a reason to use that picture in the next several days. Chances are Stalin and his beloved Indians won't come up too much, so this will be a challenge.

nope, not impress yet:confused2:, beat Kershaw, Greinke in a series and the Giants pitching staff..shut down a healthy Cardinals lineup, then I might put in a future bet to win the World Series

LOL, they do that this summer and you'll have some great value on your futures bet at -450

Honestly the AL All Stars couldnt accomplish those feats

who the fuck cares if the Braves go 161-1 IMO. If they win the division thats huge, buts its April 16th ffs. I think you guys are getting far too excited

U gotta think in his heart good ole Uncle Joe was really a Reds fan.

possibly, but you gotta figure that he was wearing the Indians cap the day he announced in front of the "Duma" he was finally getting rid of the Onthespot. That shows me he really loved Cleveland

Loooooooong way to go...but Braves look good. I'd be most concerned with their pitching holding up, the lineup appears very solid.

I always hear rumor rumors that Fidel Castro tried out for the Pirates, the Reds probably had Grandpa Lenin in the bag

Hate the head first slide into first. It's only effective on a play like when Bourn got hurt where he wasn't trying to beat a throw, he was trying to get low and avoid a tag. Not worth it, unless it's game 7 or something. So many injuries sliding head first into any base, just bad baseball. Kenny Lofton really fucked himself up doing that once, separated his shoulder, I think.

Used to love watching Lofton play, tip...those mid-90s Tribe teams were probably my favorite non-Dodger teams of all time. Kenny, Manny, Thome, Baerga, Vizquel, Belle, etc. Shame they never won one.

Alex, I realize it can't fit into next week's episode, but will there be fast cars in Game of Thrones by season's end?

Used to love watching Lofton play, tip...those mid-90s Tribe teams were probably my favorite non-Dodger teams of all time. Kenny, Manny, Thome, Baerga, Vizquel, Belle, etc. Shame they never won one.

Great teams. I like to think we were a bogus, Glavine-friendly strike zone in '95 and a Mesa-meltdown in '97 away from winning two, but what do I know. I also think Lofton should at least be quietly in the conversation for HOF (think I had this discussion with AK? ... or someone else here from out west), but he didn't even get 5% on the 1st ballot, so he's done. Very exciting, clutch, game-changing player, and pretty sure he was clean.

Back