anyone want to talk football right now ?

Yes.

Its the last Friday before the season starts.

What totals are we expecting to see tomorrow fellas? anybody good at making O/Us?

kyle hit me up with a PM when you get to some MWC totals. no hurries though as I'm working on the week one thread.

guys lets switch to mwc totals then... i just wanted opinions on that pitt game but it looks like we want to talk totals more ?

I'll do totals - thats fine.

I think BG can. I'll say 31-21 Pitt.

Pittsburgh might be the play here, but I would have a tough time putting money on it. Still haven't seen much of Stull, and I think the secondary is the weak link of the Pitt D.

Also, I see a lot of references to Brandon being a bad coach, and I would like to know why. Don't saying they are wrong, but I just don't see enough Bowling Green games to know.

I really like Pitt for a few reasons. Mostly OL/DL and history against MAC at home.

What total should I expect in TCU/NM and ECU/VT?

I think Utah/Michigan should be around 37 (20-17), but not sure if that would be low enough to scare off the under bettors or not, as I wouldn't be surprised if many jumped on the over at that number, just b/c they would view 37 as a "low" number, especially for such a high profile ABC game which probably would have more over players than normal.

What sucks is that I'm probably going to miss the release of these because of my auction draft tomorrow.

I actually think TCU/NM will be a couple of points higher than that as the TCU offense should be as good as it's been in a while. Shouldn't have grabbed that # before it got to 7.

Most likely it (Utah v Mich) would come out around 43 (23-20) but might get bet down pretty quickly at that number.

i dont think brandon is a bad coach but i dont think the stache is as bad as people make him out to be either.

i am on verge of eliminating pitt ... mccoy vs that rush defense though and all the off the field problems with falcons and the shady bowl game ... makes me like pitt

I think Utah/Michigan should be around 37 (20-17), but not sure if that would be low enough to scare off the under bettors or not, as I wouldn't be surprised if many jumped on the over at that number, just b/c they would view 37 as a "low" number, especially for such a high profile ABC game which probably would have more over players than normal.

i would be on the over at 37 i think. utah hasn't had a game lined under 40 in quite a few years. the utes have some offensive talent and while michigan's defense is their strong suit i don't expect them to keep utah in the teens.

BG melts down under Brandon and rarely makes good adjustments. Loses games they should not, loses games they should lose but by margins they should not. TO differential and defense are getting progressively worse since Urban Meyer left. Talent isn't the same. Hasn't done anything at all without Harris/Jacobs. Emphasis is no longer on the lines of scrimmage where it ought to be.

either way i cannot get involved in either totals as the NMU offensive line is a huge question mark and just today I hear that Michigan is moving deffensive lineman to offensive line because of injuries. i'll just enjoy watching both.

i would be on the over at 37 i think. utah hasn't had a game lined under 40 in quite a few years. the utes have some offensive talent and while michigan's defense is their strong suit i don't expect them to keep utah in the teens.

Thing is I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the game ended up something like 17-16 or 20-17, so it will be interesting to see how high this one opens at, as I think this one is more likely to go under than Vandy v Mia OH which opened at 41.

BG melts down under Brandon and rarely makes good adjustments. Loses games they should not, loses games they should lose but by margins they should not. TO differential and defense are getting progressively worse since Urban Meyer left. Talent isn't the same. Hasn't done anything at all without Harris/Jacobs. Emphasis is no longer on the lines of scrimmage where it ought to be.

Thanks - I'll keep an eye on this during the year. :shake:

Thing is I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the game ended up something like 17-16 or 20-17, so it will be interesting to see how high this one opens at, as I think this one is more likely to go under than Vandy v Mia OH which opened at 41.

I agree and I wouldn't be shocked by another 10-7 score, but anything south of 42 takes away alot of the value. You've got to think that both teams will turn the ball over and give up some easy field position. To many unknowns for me either way.

i would have to take a long look at the over in that vt/ecu game if it opened that low. have a terrible feel for that one though. talk about off my radar

CSU v Colorado, I see in the 57 range, something like 34-23 based on the line, but I think it might be more like 31-27 ish.

45, 43.5 and 52 are the #'s from the last three years they met up. anything south of 49 and I will certainly be on the over.

Best colorado offense in awhile ... bigger lined game so expect the total to be higher i would think

i would have to take a long look at the over in that vt/ecu game if it opened that low. have a terrible feel for that one though. talk about off my radar

I pretty much despise totals for the most part so I am far from an expert on em. Just trying to think of projected scores based on the line, and what the opens might be to get even action. I agree that the 37 line might be too one sided on the over though, but many people might be thinking a 17-10 type of game with the defenses determining the outcome vs the offenses, not sure though.

CSU v Colorado, I see in the 57 range, something like 34-23 based on the line, but I think it might be more like 31-27 ish.

I agree with your predicted outcome and but I hope we don't get a total that high. This should be a shootout in the high 50's. I suppose I should bump up my play line to 52.

jpicks .. you forgetting unlv utah state ?

No I'm not. Thing is Utah State is going to grab a guy out of the concession line to play QB and I'm not sure if he can throw the deep out or not. But I'm obviously not laying double digits with the Rebels so where does that leave us. Forgetting it's UNLV for a second I'd say that 31-20 is probably appropriate here. My worry is that Dixon will pick off a pass and then try and throw a forward pass to a fellow defender racing down the sideline to negate a touchdown. :)

I pretty much despise totals for the most part so I am far from an expert on em. Just trying to think of projected scores based on the line, and what the opens might be to get even action. I agree that the 37 line might be too one sided on the over though, but many people might be thinking a 17-10 type of game with the defenses determining the outcome vs the offenses, not sure though.

i think with VT people always think bad offense good defense but their games dont usually pan out low scoring .. lots of big plays in VT games(special teams sometimes). These two teams were in a battle last year and if it plays out the same i can see it being low scoring. but at a number like that for a college game i would look over. btw i got creamed in totals last year ...

What do you guys think the Florida and Kansas team totals will open at? I am interested in both lines as I lean overs on both depending on the number of course.

Back