Any value in the 'To make the playoffs' wagers?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
The first two that come to mind are Notre Dame and Miami of FL.

Both schedules are just brutal.

The Irish are -300

Miami is -130 currently.

Thoughts?

Post your #s.

I hate trusting my eyes, but Miami looked pretty damn good week 1. They should be favorites in all of the rest of their games this year.
If they get tripped up once, say @ Ga Tech, they should still make it to the playoffs, no? But, 2 losses, with that schedule and they'd be almost certainly left out.
I wouldn't play anything at -odds with 3 months to go. Injuries happen in football. And I'm sure that Miami line is skewed after their beat down of the Gators.

Regarding Miami, you may want to consider a ‘to win the ACC’ bet around +170.

I personally struggle seeing an ACC at-large team in the playoffs. Yes theoretically, Miami could go 12-0 or 11-1 and lose the ACCCG and be in the playoffs. But in that instance, they’d be a sizable favorite in the ACCCG and would offer an opportunity to hedge it.

I’m interested in the G5 team guaranteed in the playoffs. Based off week 1 performances and scheduling perception, Memphis at +500 looks enticing. They’re currently the second highest ranked G5 team (Boise is receiving more votes). And their toughest game (at FSU week 3) doesn’t look as scary anymore.

I added Miami both to make the playoff and win the ACC this week. The playoff bet was aided by a profit boost at FD so it ended up being +150 (although base price was +120 so clearly I'm not the only one thinking along these lines - I just bet it Monday night and same shop is -111 now).

Normally I look to add futures after a loss when you get a price increase, rather than at a high point after a big win. But I came away from that Miami game thinking that's a team that could very easily go 12-0 and we're never going to get a better price.

The first two that come to mind are Notre Dame and Miami of FL.

Both schedules are just brutal.

The Irish are -300

Miami is -130 currently.

Thoughts?

Post your #s.

Irish should waltz in. We didn't know ga tech would be better than average though, Louisville I haven't seen yet. I guess you have FSU and USC down the stretch. Pretty easy schedule overall. They'll get in with 2 losses imo if it came to that. GL Reno

Irish should waltz in. We didn't know ga tech would be better than average though, Louisville I haven't seen yet. I guess you have FSU and USC down the stretch. Pretty easy schedule overall. They'll get in with 2 losses imo if it came to that. GL Reno
Absolutely they get in with 2 just due to the brand.

I did play for one unit -300 via PPH a bit ago ND to make it.

I want to watch Miami one more time.

Fwiw, the ND # is -500 @BOL folks

What I played about 3 weeks ago:

Ole Miss -135 Yes
Miami +190 Yes
Utah +180 Yes
Boise +600 Yes
Texas +170 No

In retrospect, I probably would've been better off just playing Utah and Miami to win their leagues.
Love Ole Miss to make it.

Great + money with Miami and Utah.

Boise, nice litmus test this week.

Texas... Shall see...

They have Bama at -135, haven't done too much looking around but that seems like a bit of a bargain given that UGA is -750, Texas -260, Ole Miss -140.

They have Bama at -135, haven't done too much looking around but that seems like a bit of a bargain given that UGA is -750, Texas -260, Ole Miss -140.
Yeah, that's another I liked a bit. Need to scout the schedule more.

SEC will get 4 in.

Absolutely they get in with 2 just due to the brand.

I did play for one unit -300 via PPH a bit ago ND to make it.

I want to watch Miami one more time.

Fwiw, the ND # is -500 @BOL folks
yep. And they’ll get blasted when they step up

It’s just funny on ND. The line says it all. What a joke schedule….these are going away hopefully

As much as I hate ND, they usually play a solid schedule.

Now, with their stubbornness on joining a conference they are probably finding it harder to schedule like they did before.

We've seen some of their traditional B10 and P12 rivalries fizzle out a bit.

As much as I hate ND, they usually play a solid schedule.

Now, with their stubbornness on joining a conference they are probably finding it harder to schedule like they did before.

We've seen some of their traditional B10 and P12 rivalries fizzle out a bit.
Oregon St and Wazzu will be independents starting next year so I'm betting one of them ends up on future schedules. Is USC ending their rivalry at some point? Makes sense to keep Stanford since they partner with the ACC anyway

Oregon St and Wazzu will be independents starting next year so I'm betting one of them ends up on future schedules. Is USC ending their rivalry at some point? Makes sense to keep Stanford since they partner with the ACC anyway
I believe I read an article about that recently (wrt USC)

eventually, ND will be in the B1G once the full expansion is done (super conferences)

I believe I read an article about that recently (wrt USC)

eventually, ND will be in the B1G once the full expansion is done (super conferences)
Well some of us think that's obvious but I don't think it's happening before 2030 at least

Love Ole Miss to make it.

Great + money with Miami and Utah.

Boise, nice litmus test this week.

Texas... Shall see...
I liked Ole Miss over and Texas under their win totals, and this was a bit more value.

Already regretting the Boise play.

Back