Andy Reid - Coach of the Year

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
This guy is amazing. He has donovan mcnabb in another championship game.

grats eagles on having this incredible coach to lead this average talent.

:cheers:

he has clearly outcoached both childress and coughlin---

there are 2 reids, the reg season reid and the playoffs reid----

Playoffs reid is money-- he is in a zone, calling great goal line plays--

reg season means nothing if you dont bring your game to the playoffs

Im sorry but I hate both of these coaches in this game.

I always said that Reid and Coughlin are assholes, but today Coughlin is the Pompus asshole. Play calling was horrible by NY today as they have a 300LB running back and do a QB sneak by a 190LB weakling. They ran on passing downs all day and killed clock and settled for Fg's when it was obvious they need to pass.

Zona next week outa be interesting at home.

he has clearly outcoached both childress and coughlin---

there are 2 reids, the reg season reid and the playoffs reid----

Playoffs reid is money-- he is in a zone, calling great goal line plays--

reg season means nothing if you dont bring your game to the playoffs

I agree. Except i think reid is a good coach in the regular season too. He wins with average nfl talent and to me that means something. Dungy , Turner , Phillips, shanahan and thsoe guys do it with the talent. The guys like Fisher and Reid are under appreciated in my opinion.

Love Tomlin, but Andy Reid is a top 5 coach in this league. He gets far too much hate.

This guy is amazing. He has donovan mcnabb in another championship game.

grats eagles on having this incredible coach to lead this average talent.

:cheers:

So many incorrect statements in this post I don't even know where to start.

Eagles are maybe the most talented team in the league. Pro Bowlers all over the field (Westbrook, Dawk, Samuels, Cole, Brown, Bunkley, etc etc) and the best receiving corps they've had in years. Only weak positions on the team are QB and OL, but looking at who is left in the playoffs, I would say that they are amongst equal opponents in both of those categories. No one wants any part of this team because of how deep they are (DTs and DEs run 4 deep each) and the fact that they have underachieved for so many years and these guys have to be hungry.

Again, looking at who is left in the playoffs, the only thing I see standing in the Iggles way is themselves, and that starts at the top with possibly the worst gameday coach in the league, Andy Reid. Don't get me wrong, Andy knows personnel, and has stacked this team with great players. But time after time he has crushed the hopes of fans with his awful decision making on gameday, which is captured well by the fact that they have their most trouble moving the ball when they get inside the 5 yard line, settling for a lot of FGs and getting stuffed on 4th down and goal more times than any other I've seen in the past few years.

Kyle, you're a nice guy and know a hell of a lot about football, but your first post in this thread is that of an uneducated person (at least in terms of the Philadelphia Eagles).

I say all this and I'm a diehard Iggles fan.

Yeah, I'm serious...

:36_11_6:

Seriously though...they are the most brutal, uncompromising fans in the United States.
I can understand about the fans being brutal but not about them hating their own mothers....I knew at least one guy that walked around balless b/c he said something or did something to somebodies momma...

When you get a chance , look at the eagles roster for heavens sake.

Count up the number of Pro Bowls played by the players on the Eagles roster. I don't know for a fact, but I'd be willing to bet that there are not 5 teams in the league that have more total Pro Bowls played in by the guys on their active roster. You are dead wrong on this, Kyle.

I can understand about the fans being brutal but not about them hating their own mothers....I knew at least one guy that walked around balless b/c he said something or did something to somebodies momma...

It was a joke, stemming from kyle's comment. Lighten up.

Eagles are maybe the most talented team in the league. Pro Bowlers all over the field (Westbrook, Dawk, Samuels, Cole, Brown, Bunkley, etc etc) and the best receiving corps they've had in years. Only weak positions on the team are QB and OL, but looking at who is left in the playoffs, I would say that they are amongst equal opponents in both of those categories. No one wants any part of this team because of how deep they are (DTs and DEs run 4 deep each) and the fact that they have underachieved for so many years and these guys have to be hungry.

Again, looking at who is left in the playoffs, the only thing I see standing in the Iggles way is themselves, and that starts at the top with possibly the worst gameday coach in the league, Andy Reid. Don't get me wrong, Andy knows personnel, and has stacked this team with great players. But time after time he has crushed the hopes of fans with his awful decision making on gameday, which is captured well by the fact that they have their most trouble moving the ball when they get inside the 5 yard line, settling for a lot of FGs and getting stuffed on 4th down and goal more times than any other I've seen in the past few years.

Kyle, you're a nice guy and know a hell of a lot about football, but your first post in this thread is that of an uneducated person (at least in terms of the Philadelphia Eagles).

This is such a laughable post. Most talented team in the league? Come on man. They got one of the worst WR corps, not a great OL, average LB. There is 5 or 6 more talented teams. How are you calling QB a weak position. McNabb is a Toop 5 or 10 QB in this league. Reid manages Timeouts bad. He is a hell of a coach in making a gameplan (like you mentioned) but its hard to call plays on 3rd and short when you have no RB to get those 2 yards. Its a joke. Your just another hater on one of the best coaches in this league

We can have a differing opinion.

I think the receiving corps is pretty bad even though i agree with you that they are better than some previous years since T.O. left. But when your best receiver is a rookie and the next best is kevin curtis you have problems there.

Their offensive line is bad. That is the reason they struggle inside the 5 yardline. The feature back is not a short yardage guy .. westbrook is great but not the normal type of player you want near the goalline inside the 5.

The QB is average at best and about as far away from a clutch player as any average or better qb in the league.

Dawkins is good but he is older than dirt now and not as good as he has been. What is this ? like his 13th season ??? He has been playing longer than some of the members here have been alive.

Patterson and Bunkley ???

I won't argue they are more talented than the cardinals and hell maybe the ravens too... definitely less talent than than the pitt/charger winner.

I don't pretend to know the eagles better than you but from what i do know i just have to agree to disagree.

This is such a laughable post. Most talented team in the league? Come on man. They got one of the worst WR corps, not a great OL, average LB. There is 5 or 6 more talented teams. How are you calling QB a weak position. McNabb is a Toop 5 or 10 QB in this league. Reid manages Timeouts bad. He is a hell of a coach in making a gameplan (like you mentioned) but its hard to call plays on 3rd and short when you have no RB to get those 2 yards. Its a joke. Your just another hater on one of the best coaches in this league

Since we're namecalling, you're just another poster who has no clue what he's talking about when it concerns the Philadelphia Eagles. You lost any credibility you may have ever had when you said that Donovan McNabb is one of the 5 or 10 best QBs in the league. That actually got a chuckle out of me.

Sure, their receivers have been bad over the years, but you guys are just off about this year's bunch. DeSean may be a rookie but if he can stay focused (big 'if'), he's a future Pro Bowler. Incredible speed, great hands, and a knack for the big play. His talent is unquestioned, but his head is very much in question. Curtis, Avant, Brown, and Baskett are not spectacular at all but as a group were much better than both the team they played this week and the team they played last week, who won a combined 22 games this season.

They have one of the better young LB corps in the league. You guys clearly don't know about them yet, but Gocong, Bradley, and Gaither will all play at least 10 years in the league and Jordan/Clemons are rock solid backups. Not household names for sure but these guys were all good this year. Shit, they let go of Takeo Spikes because he wasn't going to get any playing time this year in front of any of them.

Same thing goes for the DL. Find me a team other than maybe the Giants when Umenyiora is healthy and the Steelers that is as deep as this team. They have 8 guys that are all basically starters, and Bunkley and Cole have been outstanding this season.

No arguments about the OL. Andrews getting injured and losing his mind has hurt, and the tackles both need to retire as they are at the ends of two very good careers. Replacing them and McNabb will be the top priorities this offseason.

Secondary continues to shine. Everyone talks about Dawk getting old, but he gets 8 tackles a game and is a great leader. Mikell had an excellent season in run support and they have the best overall group of corners (Samuel, Brown, Sheppard) in the league.

I love how everyone says that the Eagles have no RB but Brian Westbrook might be the most dangerous offensive player in the league. That always kills me. Either way, if you can't run the ball, why try to do it on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line?!?! Throw the fucking ball, you fat bastard! You guys make excuses for this bozo, but the fact of the matter is that he is arrogant and totally lost when it comes to making in game adjustments. They've played about 5 good games in a row, but have you paid attention to the last 5 years? Some of the absurdly bad decisions that have been made during games? What "great" coach do you remember who has ever made as many bad challenges, called as many inopportune timeouts, called as many predictable plays in short yardage situations, and been totally blown out of the water in games they should have won as Andy Reid has? Did that shit ever happen to Marv Levy? Bill Walsh? Parcells? Bellichick? I'm sorry to sound so hostile, but you don't understand how much pain this enormous man, along with his QB, has put me through as a fan over the last 12 years.

I still want you guys to find me 5 teams in the National Football League (in Jaworski voice) more talented than the Philadelphia Eagles. Also, still waiting for you to find me a team with more combined Pro Bowls than the Philadelphia Eagles. :shake:

This thread is funny.

Andy Reid is great and so is McNabb. Philadelphia fans just pounce on anything a little bad. Chill Iggles fans, you are in the championship game!

First not fair to point out that bellickick never made a bad challenge since they never had a bad call go against them.

I don't disagree about jackson becoming possibly a great one but he has a lot to learn still and has cost that team points at times with his antics.

The linebackers are below average. Can't convince me that is a good linebacking group. Spikes release was also money reltated.

Same with the interior DL.

No disagreement about westbrook. When helathy ( and you cant blame reid for how often that guy has missed games over the years ) he absolutely is one of the best weapons in the league. I was just saying that when you get in the redzone that he is not your typical type of power back that is going to get that done for you and who can the eagles turn to since buckhalter isnt either. Trust lorenzo booker ?? me either. That is going to effect the [playcalling near the endzone that some have given reid grief for.

More combined pro bowls ??? trust me as a longtime raider fan .. a team that picks up long time pro bowlers all the time , that this stat is meaningless.

More talented teams

San diego ( most talented in nfl )
pittsburgh
indianapolis
new england
dallas ( most talented in nfc )
nygiants
carolina

to name a few and there are more... but maybe you are right in that they are probably slightly above average talent wise and not average as i said originally. Lookin over the league as a whole i had forgotten how watered down this league is now.

One, when did I ever call you a "name", is it because I called you a hater. A little sensitive are we? Your the one going on and on about the talent but how can you not say McNabb is one of the top 5 or 10 most talented QB in the NFL. Even when all you "fans" (is that what Philly people call themselves) were lucky enough to have McNabb 4 or 5 years ago when he was one of the top 3 QBs in the league you guys were still bitching about him. Its a joke.

Nobody said the Eagles did not have a RB. Westbrook is a top RB in this league no doubt about that. We said they did not have a short yardage back. Takeo Spikes is washed up anyways. There is no doubt there is 5 more talented teams.

This "fat bastard" you talk about has sent you to 5 NFC Championship in 10 years. I would like to see any other coach in the league besides Bellichek, take a team that has had no WR weapons in that whole time besides TO, had Duce Staley has their RB for most of that time, and from reading your posts think they have a joke at QB. He is a top coach no doubt about it. Its a joke what you and other people from that fucking city have said about them over the time there. Its a joke that the thing you called "pain" has done to you. Really painful making the playoffs every year and going to 5 NFC Championship games including 1 super bowl.

Thank you VK for coming in here and helping me argue this point. LB are still an average at best group. LMAO at trying to argue they are the most talented team because they have the most Pro Bowlers. DeAngelo Williams did not make the pro bowl this year. Shows how much of a joke that is.

Agree with your list of the talented teams as well. Those are just the ones that are no doubt more talented. There also is a list of debatable ones I could come up with. Galt is just trying to say they have the most talented team so he can bash Andy Reid, basically thinking any coach could do what he has done.

Their offensive line is bad. That is the reason they struggle inside the 5 yardline. The feature back is not a short yardage guy .. westbrook is great but not the normal type of player you want near the goalline inside the 5.

That's fine, Kyle, and I didn't mean to disrespect you with my initially harsh post. Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb throw me into an immediate rage, and when I hear praise for them it just sets me off. Keep in mind all of the chokejobs in big games the last 10 years. I almost think that I would have been happier if they had just had average players and overachieved, but that wasn't the case.

I highlighted this particular quote because it is what I look at as one of the fallacies about Andy. The fact is that their o-line used to be GREAT and they still couldn't run the ball in short yardage. A game in San Francisco from several years back stands out. I don't remember what year it was, but TO was still there so it was a while back, when Runyan and Thomas were still good and they had a stable in the backfield. Andy called the same stupid run between the guard and tackle 4 times in a row and they didn't gain a yard on one of teh plays. Had nothing to do the line or the back running the ball (not Westbrook at the time), it's Andy. He is stubborn and predictable, always has been and always will be. No matter what happens this season (and I hope more than any of you guys that it's finally a Super Bowl win for the Eagles), Andy is never going to change. He's always going to be predictable and he will continue to make bad decisions during the game that hurt the team. That bothers me, which is why I will scoff any time I hear "Andy Reid" and "great" used in the same sentence.

More talented teams

San diego ( most talented in nfl )
pittsburgh
indianapolis
new england
dallas ( most talented in nfc )
nygiants
carolina

to name a few and there are more... but maybe you are right in that they are probably slightly above average talent wise and not average as i said originally. Lookin over the league as a whole i had forgotten how watered down this league is now.

I didn't say teams with bigger names at skill positions; I said more TALENT. I'm not buying several of those, NE and NYG especially. I think those two teams are great examples of teams that have done very well with good coaching and playing well as a team as opposed to having a big group of ultra-talented players. But we could argue this all day, there is no true measurable for how good teams are other than things like Pro Bowls, and you guys have dismissed that as a valid factor, so I don't think we're getting anywhere.

I'm done with this argument. You're right Kyle, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I will even offer to come in here and admit that I've been too harsh on the tubby guy if he can finally win a big game. But I don't care how many NFC Championship games you go to in your career, if you don't win one you will always be remembered like those great Buffalo Bills teams of the 90s; as losers.

donovamcnabbeaglescamyt7.png

If we're going to have the discussion about the roster rather than about Fat Andy, let's be honest about a couple of positions on this team.

First, this LB corps is decent, but it's very young and it is still learning.

I like its potential and its guts, but it's got a ways to go before it's something you really count on.

The reason the defense is doing so well is because of its depth. A couple of the D-line guys are good and make you pay attention to them, namely Trent Cole, but mostly the fact that they have such a depth of good players is what hurts other teams, because the Eagles are rotating in good guy after good guy. And now they're starting to do it with their LBs too.

That's what makes them dangerous, because their secondary does actually have great players. But you can line up say the Giants D-line and say that player by player, they have a superior D-line, when one goes down (Kiwanuka [sp?]) and when another gets nicked up and has to take plays off (Tuck), and when the Eagles are rotating in fresh, competent guy after fresh, competent guy, they're dangerous.

Second, WR. This corps isn't great, but again, it's good. There's no true number one on that roster, but you get Curtis who runs very good routes and has good hands, you get Avant who's become Donovan's safety valve, and you get Desean who has speed and again a defense has to account in some way for everyone. Which opens it up for someone like Celek to be singled up on a LB.

Again, he's not great, but he's consistent, good hands. You can see what Andy and the org are trying to acheive, fewer stars more guys who they know what they're going to get from down to down and week to week.

Desean is the closest thing to a game-breaker they've gone out and gotten and the only truly great playmaker they have is Westbrook. He's what Marshall Faulk was to the Rams and now teams (finally) understand you have to gameplan for him and not #5.

The frustrating part as a fan is that they don't really have guys that are so good they're going to take over games (outside of B-West), but guys that are so remarkably talented (Dawkins, McNabb, Akers, pretty much all that secondary) that it drives you nuts to see them lose or mail in a game like that Redskins game.

And Andy's problem is that he's not a coach who adjusts. He's a coach who schemes a gameplan and trusts it even when it's got him down 20 in the 2nd quarter.

Philadelphians hate their own mothers.

Well, again, let's be honest. I love my mother, but as an Eagle fan if she couldn't hold onto the football I'd boo her fat *ss right off the field.

I'd still love her, though.

Philadelphians hate their own mothers.

Well, again, let's be honest. I love my mother, but as an Eagle fan if she couldn't hold onto the football I'd boo her fat *ss right off the field.

:36_11_6:

VK say what you want about the Ealges LBers, but they shut down Adrian Peterson two weeks ago, and in the process, that whole D took a beating from the Vikings. Punishing game. Then they went into the Meadowlands and held Jacobs and Ward, with rest, to less than 4.5 a carry. Pretty impressive for 3 guys with just 1 season as backup of experience each. They are really heady players. Stuart Bradley could be a pro-bowler next year, he is really, really fast for a guy who is heavier than some DE's. Nose for the ball, sure tacklers, strong and smart. Everything I would want in a LB corps, and they are going to be together for a while. Below average is an insult to any member of that D that is playing completely LIGHTS OUT. The Eagles D has scored as many touchdowns as it has ALLOWED in the last 6 games. four.

I have to throw some love to Ken Wisenhut for COACH of THE YEAR!

There isn't one person here who believed that the Cardinals would be in the NFC Championship Game. His second year, with a QB that was thrown under a bunch of buses after his miracle run ended in St Loo. An offensive line that lost their best player (Leonard Davis) and a rag tag defense.

They have 2 FANTASTIC receivers but no one in the backfield. EDGE was worthless all year and Hightower came on strong dor a few games.

Plus they didn't TIE Cinncinnati

They are THE surprise team in the NFL this year. :cheers:

There are so many things in this thread that I want to comment on and/or disagree with, Im gonna have to break em down Joe Public style with some boldface quotes...

its hard to call plays on 3rd and short when you have no RB to get those 2 yards. Its a joke. Your just another hater on one of the best coaches in this league

The reason there is "no RB to get those 2 yards" is because Andy Reid the personnel guy hasnt signed or drafted a competent one in 10 years...Andy Reid decided he needed a compliment RB to Westbrook a few years back and spent a 3rd round pick on Ryan Moats...the next 2 RBs off the board? Marion Barber and Brandon Jacobs. Another reason for not being able to get "those 2 yards"? They went into the year without a fullback (much like they went into last year without an experienced punt returner and they subsequently lost the first game of the year due to a muffed punt). Reid decided they could make do with a defensive tackle at fullback. Then he changed his mind and tried to make Tony Hunt a fullback. Didn't work so he cut him (another 3rd round pick that was meant to be a compliment to Westbrook) and went back to Klecko (the DT). Wasnt fully satisfied with him, so he signs Kyle Eckel. Uses him for a little bit and now seems to have gone back to Klecko. The point is when he does things like this (and refuses to admit his mistakes) it has a tendency to perhaps cloud your judgment on his coaching ability...

Their offensive line is bad

Theyre not bad, theyre hurt. Theyve been without the best guard in the league, Shawn Andrews, all year (watch out though...he started practicing last week and if they get to the Super Bowl, he could be out there...). Thomas is playing the final few games of his career. Runyan can barely walk, let alone block people. All things considered, theyre doing a pretty damn good job...especially when you consider they played the Giants three times and allowed a grand total of ZERO sacks...

The QB is average at best

If Donovan McNabb is average, Id love to know who is above average. Id rather have Brady, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees and maybe Roethlisberger when his heads straight. Other than that? Ill take McNabb. The guy is the all time leader in NFL history in interception percentage. In the last 5 healthy seasons he has played, his team has reached 5 NFC Championship games. You cant judge McNabb by completion percentage...you have to judge him by the plays he makes. The guy makes plays. Perfect example was 3rd and 20 in the second half today...Giants have him flustered in the pocket...he buys some time, hits Avant 15 yards down the field and Avant gets the first down...

The linebackers are below average. Can't convince me that is a good linebacking group. Spikes release was also money reltated.

Same with the interior DL.

The linebackers are damned good. They make plays. Did you see Bradley run down Ward on the outside and drag him down when he was running in for what he thought was a sure TD? You havent heard much about them because theyre young, but theyre all fast with good size and are very intelligent players to boot. You dont have the 4th best rush defense in the NFL and 3rd best past defense in the NFL without a good linebacking corps. Spikes was released because he couldnt cover the ground Bradley could. You look at last year and the team went on the 3 game winning streak to end the season because the defense turned things around. One of the main reasons for that? Spikes got hurt and Bradley started playing in his spot. As for Bradley and Patterson...theyre as good of a DT tandem as anyone in this league (save the Williams' from Minny). Theyre young, fast and stout. Before the season, Scouts Inc had Patterson ranked as the 6th best DT in the league and Bunkley was 14th. Their rankings are only going up...

This "fat bastard" you talk about has sent you to 5 NFC Championship in 10 years

Its actually 5 in 8 years...and 'bastard' is a term of endearment around these parts...and you have to admit, he could stand to drop a few lb's...

Really painful making the playoffs every year

See alot of the criticism stems from when this team was dead and buried. They were thisclose to not making the playoffs this year. It took damn near an act of God (or as I like to call him, 'Michael Bush') to even get us in the playoffs. Bottom line is, if Oakland doesnt beat Tampa, this team is sitting at home for the 3rd time in 4 years. Thats not acceptable. Now, everyone around here was so frustrated (and rightly or wrongly took it out on McNabb and Reid...as is usually the case anywhere with the QB and the Coach...I dont see too many teams blaming the tackles and the punter) because they saw the potential in this team to beat anyone, anywhere and felt the NFC was wide open. We thought McNabb and Reid were blowing it. For the 3rd time in 4 years. Thank God for Michael Bush....errrr should that be 'Thank Michael Bush for Michael Bush'?

The reason the defense is doing so well is because of its depth

Agreed 100% Joe. Quinten Mikkel (All Pro 2nd Team this year) goes out with an injury at a critical time in the 3rd quarter. What happens the next play? Sean Considine makes a great play to break up a key 3rd down pass. This team's fourth cornerback is a 2 time Pro Bowler in his athletic prime. And aside from the depth, theres 2 words that explain why the defense is doing so well: Jim Johnson. The guy is on fire right now. Just doing an amazing coaching job. Make no mistake about it, the defense is carrying this team and playing better than anyone in the league right now. Going into the playoffs, Johnson, whos not the type who sugarcoats or exaggerates, said he felt better about this defense than he had about any of his previous defenses....and with good reason - its unreal right now.

This is so true. People outside of Philly (and maybe NYC and Boston) dont get the booing. We're not booing the player (usually), we're booing his effort and/or performance if its not up to what he's capable of. Ryan Howard had a very good analogy about the fans on Costas Now when Costas asked him about the fans from the 'City of Brotherly Love.' He said that the relationship between the Philly player and the Philly fan is like that between two brothers...you may get into some fights and disagreements, but at the end of the day, hes your brother and you love him no matter what. Thats how Philly fans are with their sports teams. Its also why us Philadelphians get so defensive when people outside the city start throwing their two cents in. 99% of the time, they have no idea what theyre talking about and are just making generalizations off past generalizations that were also way off base. Would you want someone from outside your family telling you how you and your brother should be acting to one another when chances are they dont know the first thing about whats wrong?

Plus they didn't TIE Cinncinnati

That tie got them into the playoffs. Granted I see where youre coming from in that they should never have been in that position and should have won going away, but when it comes down to it, if they would have lost that game, they wouldve been out of the playoffs because they wouldve lost the tiebreaker to Tampa...

lets wait to see if his team can actually win something for once.

Ultimately, youre right. Winning the Super Bowl is the only thing that matters now. Anything else is going to be considered a failure. Thats the bar you set for yourself when your owner says your team is the 'gold standard' despite the fact it hasnt won anything since 1960. Reid has become a victim of his own success to a certain extent. Hes done everything but.... He needs to get rid of the 'but' to truly be considered the 'incredible' coach Kyle thinks he is...

So many points to address.

they shut down Adrian Peterson two weeks ago, and in the process

Ah, odd thing, though about that. Minnesota actually helped that by not giving him the ball much to start the second half. Why I have no idea, but the next thing you knew they were behind and they had to throw.

Of course, this is how you beat that team because TJ is still such a mess at QB, but still, why they went away from AP was both the defense's doing and the doing of Minny's coaches.

The linebackers are damned good.

This is true, and I think we Eagle fans finally see what the hell they've been trying to do at this position for six years. Every year we complain that there's not a stud in the bunch. No run stuffer, no heavy hitter, no guy you fear. Well, apparently they've never been looking for the next LT or the next Ray Lewis (something I may disagree with, but who am I). They've been looking for guys who are smart and fast from side to side.

Why? Because that's Johnson's system. Look at the guys they cut, Trotter, Spikes, even benching Gaither when he started to seem like he was going somewhere. Why? It wasn't because they were bad teammates, it wasn't because they weren't smart, it was because they weren't fast enough and therefore not able to dowhat the system requires of them. Now they are. They're still young, and they'll still make mistakes, but I'll tell you this, the draw they have left in the playoffs leaves them with really only one QB who can make them pay for their youth, and that's this week in Warner.

No way Joe Flacco's going to be looking these guys off and that's not really Ben's game. Brady, if they could protect him, Peyton, same thing, yeah it might be a long day, but they're not still on the field.

As for Jim Johnson, I don't know, I might keep him up in the box after the game he called today. Sure, Eli's passes were poor and you can't coach that, but you just held the Giants to 11 points at home, 16 even if both those missed FGs don't go wide. That's pretty damn impressive.

The reason there is "no RB to get those 2 yards" is because Andy Reid the personnel guy hasnt signed or drafted a competent one in 10 years

And somewhere Dorsey Levens cries.

But you're right. Of course we all knew we'd miss Thomas Tapeh and he's not even a great FB. Thing is, what the Eagles don't seem to understand until they're deep in the 3rd quarter, down by 4, and still can't seem to get a ground game going is, you need a FB to block as much as anything. You look at the guys around the league who have great season after great season, many of them, most of them generallly have a good to great FB. Notice how Larry Johnson fell off when Richardson left KC, how suddenly Minny could run. Notice how LT dipped when they lost LoNeal, or how Shaun Alexander slowly fell off the map without Mack Strong (and Steve Hutchenson). That Westbrook does what he does without a FB just makes it that much more impressive, sometimes I wish more people got that, even among Philly fans (I'm not talking about people here, but in general).

Theyre not bad, theyre hurt.

That's the truth. This is my biggest fear this week, that we'll have to go without Runyan. The guy can barely walk. He's in a ton of pain, but he still continues to start. Over 200 straight games this guy's started, it's incredible. And they need Andrews back, but again, the way they're playing--they played the Giants three times this year, didn't allow a sack. Not one. How remarkable is that?

Rumor has it NYC is up in arms about Coughlin and Manning today and wants them both out....

See, its not just Philly fans who blame the coach and QB when things arent going well...

Back