Andy Reid - Coach of the Year

yeah the northeast is a bunch of whining bitches. why should that change when it concerns football which they tend to know nothing about.

stick to animal rights and global warming and leave football to the big boys of the south.

Thank you, Joe and Smoke, you said what I was trying to in a much more coherent fashion.

Fact of the matter is when you guys say that Andy is doing so much with so little you have to take into account that HE'S THE ONE MAKING THE DECISIONS TO DRAFT/SIGN THESE GUYS. Any shortcoming you see at RB/WR is because Andy refuses to draft or sign anyone with talent at that position save for a few. He is arrogant enough to think that he doesn't need these playmakers on his team as long as he has enough good secondary and DL players to succeed in Jim Johnson's scheme (the real guy who should have probably had a thread started in his honor. Most underrated DC in the league IMO).

philadelphians hate their own mothers.

well, again, let's be honest. I love my mother, but as an eagle fan if she couldn't hold onto the football i'd boo her fat *ss right off the field.

I'd still love her, though.
:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:now thats funny

Since we're namecalling, you're just another poster who has no clue what he's talking about when it concerns the Philadelphia Eagles. You lost any credibility you may have ever had when you said that Donovan McNabb is one of the 5 or 10 best QBs in the league. That actually got a chuckle out of me.

Sure, their receivers have been bad over the years, but you guys are just off about this year's bunch. DeSean may be a rookie but if he can stay focused (big 'if'), he's a future Pro Bowler. Incredible speed, great hands, and a knack for the big play. His talent is unquestioned, but his head is very much in question. Curtis, Avant, Brown, and Baskett are not spectacular at all but as a group were much better than both the team they played this week and the team they played last week, who won a combined 22 games this season.

They have one of the better young LB corps in the league. You guys clearly don't know about them yet, but Gocong, Bradley, and Gaither will all play at least 10 years in the league and Jordan/Clemons are rock solid backups. Not household names for sure but these guys were all good this year. Shit, they let go of Takeo Spikes because he wasn't going to get any playing time this year in front of any of them.

Same thing goes for the DL. Find me a team other than maybe the Giants when Umenyiora is healthy and the Steelers that is as deep as this team. They have 8 guys that are all basically starters, and Bunkley and Cole have been outstanding this season.

No arguments about the OL. Andrews getting injured and losing his mind has hurt, and the tackles both need to retire as they are at the ends of two very good careers. Replacing them and McNabb will be the top priorities this offseason.

Secondary continues to shine. Everyone talks about Dawk getting old, but he gets 8 tackles a game and is a great leader. Mikell had an excellent season in run support and they have the best overall group of corners (Samuel, Brown, Sheppard) in the league.

I love how everyone says that the Eagles have no RB but Brian Westbrook might be the most dangerous offensive player in the league. That always kills me. Either way, if you can't run the ball, why try to do it on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line?!?! Throw the fucking ball, you fat bastard! You guys make excuses for this bozo, but the fact of the matter is that he is arrogant and totally lost when it comes to making in game adjustments. They've played about 5 good games in a row, but have you paid attention to the last 5 years? Some of the absurdly bad decisions that have been made during games? What "great" coach do you remember who has ever made as many bad challenges, called as many inopportune timeouts, called as many predictable plays in short yardage situations, and been totally blown out of the water in games they should have won as Andy Reid has? Did that shit ever happen to Marv Levy? Bill Walsh? Parcells? Bellichick? I'm sorry to sound so hostile, but you don't understand how much pain this enormous man, along with his QB, has put me through as a fan over the last 12 years.

I still want you guys to find me 5 teams in the National Football League (in Jaworski voice) more talented than the Philadelphia Eagles. Also, still waiting for you to find me a team with more combined Pro Bowls than the Philadelphia Eagles. :shake:

So agree with so much of this post and yet so diagree with so much of this post. Not going to go into the parts I agree with so here we go:
McNabb is and always has be an incredible playmaker in this league. Average O-line with a team with a bunch of solid 2's and 3's at WR. Your way overvaluing Jackson imo and Westbrook is so much different than most and would have trouble picking up 3&1 no matter who he played for in the league. Doesn't take away from Donovan. If your so ignorant to believe that the problem with this teamhas been Donovan and Reid's play calling then god bless your soul, cause your very rarely going to be a rational sports fan.

If we count every position equal I think the Giants, Eagles, Titans, Steelers, and Vikings were the most talented teams through a 53 man roster.

Fact of the matter is when you guys say that Andy is doing so much with so little you have to take into account that HE'S THE ONE MAKING THE DECISIONS TO DRAFT/SIGN THESE GUYS.

That's really why one of the smartest things that organization could do would be to bring in a player personnel guy with final say above Andy, but they won't ever do that.

Seems to me that Andy Reid's status fluctuates wildly from game to game. If a coach does not command respect consistently, he's not COY material.

No shit Wiki....I guess we should go find the thread where Andy was to be fired all year..

But like Smoke says, they boo if you dont' win and therefore you can't be giving "good effort"

So in other words, they are results oriented.

Andy Reid is an excellent coach. He hasn't been that great of a coach though, this year, yet. He benched Donovan McNabb, which as a Giants fan I found to be hilarious. What if Kolb came into the second half of that Ravens-Eagles game and played really well? Do we see the Eagles in this position right now?

Look, Reid is a very good coach. But Harbaugh, Sparano, and Mike Smith all did a better job of coaching this year.

Lets not forget there is still one thing missing from Reid's resume and I mentioned it before:

A Super Bowl.

You can't really make a case for anyone except Sparano or Smith; both coaches took their respective teams to the playoffs when each team had the lowest O/U Season Win Total in their respective conference. No one can honestly say they expected either team to win more than 4 games prior to the season.

It was a joke, stemming from kyle's comment. Lighten up.
Sorry Aztec...I didn't know that.....please except my apology...I just get nuts when someone says anything about their mothers....& being from Phila just hit home more...Kyle must be very immature...:shake:

I agree with horses. Smith get's my vote. At least Miami had Parcells as GM to boost their confidence.

Atlanta, on the other hand, had a first year HC, Rookie QB, and a whole lot of off the field issues to overcome from the previous year.

And right now, this year's Atlanta team is looking pretty damn good, considering Arizona (the team that barely knocked them out of the playoffs) is now in the NFC Championship this Sunday.

Sorry Aztec...I didn't know that.....please except my apology...I just get nuts when someone says anything about their mothers....& being from Phila just hit home more...Kyle must be very immature...:shake:

i am immature but don't think i have demonstrated that in this thread.

i never said anything about anyones mom btw....

If your so ignorant to believe that the problem with this teamhas been Donovan and Reid's play calling then god bless your soul, cause your very rarely going to be a rational sports fan.

Please educate me, cause I clearly need it, even though I've watched every one of this team's games every year for the past 15. Please educate me as to who is at fault for the Eagles not winning a Super Bowl in 4 previous chances.

FYI, any argument about a lack of good receivers or a "power back" for short yardage will be summarily dismissed, as I will direct you to the New England Patriots teams that have won 3 SBs this decade with pretty much the same situation. Oh and by the way, since Andy gets to pick his roster each year, isn't it his fault for not going after the types of players you think he needs? He's been there for 12 years and had exactly 1 top notch WR and never had a big back (and rarely a FB).

Go. I'm really, really looking forward to you imparting your great knowledge of the Philadelphia Eagles on me. :shake:

Edit to Add: I am really pissed I missed the thread Jump linked to. THAT was my kind of discussion.... :cheers:

Last edited:
Back