Am I completely overvaluing Marshawn Lynch?

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
I was in a hole earlier and started sending out a bunch of feelers only to have people bite a few weeks later and now Im not so sure I wanna make the moves...

My RB: LT, Marshawn Lynch, Lendale White, Earnest Graham, Selvin Young, Brian Leonard

My WR: Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Bowe, Kevin Curtis, Hines Ward

we start 2 RB, 3 WR/TE and 1 Flex

Ive been offered two deals:

Joseph Addai and Ben Watson for Lynch and Welker
Randy Moss and DeAngelo Williams for Lynch and Welker

What should I do? Or should I just ride it out with Lynch and Welker?

If I did the Addai deal, Id trot out a weekly lineup of:
LT, Addai
Smith, Marshall, Bowe/Curtis/Ward
Lendale White

If i did the Moss deal:
LT, White
Smith, Moss, Marshall
Bowe/Curtis/Ward

If i do no deal:
LT, Lynch
Smith, Welker, Bowe/Marshall
White

Theres a chance I could get the Moss deal done without Welker, but then I have two Pats WRs (which may not be a bad thing)

Im just so reluctant to give up Lynch for the following reasons:
-Kieth splitting carries with Addai
-Lynchs upcoming sked (NYJ, Cincy, 2 vs Miami, Cleveland...)
-Is Moss really that big an upgrade over Welker? I mean its an upgrade, obviously but is it worth the fall off id have at RB?

But I mean at the same time I could get either the 2nd best RB or the best WR for Marshawn Lynch (whos a rookie and im going purely on potential) and a guy who was a 14th round draft pick...

Im just torn

Last edited:
Its also a keeper league where we keep 2 guys and my QB is Palmer if that makes any difference...

Im more concerned with winning this year than keepers though

About 6 hrs ago I'd think this thread was a joke, that you'd have to take Addai, but I'm really confused by how much Keith played. I think they're just being cautious with Addai's injury. I'd still take the Addai trade, if only to say you have LT and Addai, that's pretty awesome. Welker is about to be knocked out by LaRon next week anyway.

Kieth played ALOT...

I dont know that i like that...

Lynch is the guy in buffalo...hes got 80% of their TDs this year

this was copied from another forum - posted by a colts fan, take it for what its worth

oseph got his hand hurt after the 23 yard run he had in the first half, which is why Kenton Keith played the majority of the game. On obvious passing downs, the Colts in a normal situation would never put KK in the game as shown by his lack of pass catching/pass block skills. They said on a couple've Indy radio stations this morning that Dungy told them Addai might miss one day of practice just to rest the hand but last night's splits were not part of the original gameplan.

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_293226-->In other words, KK is not going to vulture the TD's.

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_293492-->As they said on an Indy radio station this morning, Dungy has told the media that Keith will only be brought in to give Addai a breather going down the stretch.

very interesting - good info, Tide

So i do it right? Lynch and Welker for Addai?

Ive never been worried about having decent WR, but this year it seems that RBs are having a down year..

well, i don't know man. addai's schedule is brutal. NE and SD coming up. and u have balt and tennessee in the playoffs.

i love addai - i should have gone with my gut and traded my #2 pick this year for a later addai pick. i wouldn't worry about keith, but lynch is about to go off vs the jets and has some cakewalk teams coming up. i might be like seabass and just hold on. lynch is a stud, and Indy does like to throw it around in the red zone.

tough decision here man. whats your record? if you are looking for playoff wins lynch is the guy IMO. lynch alone might get you through weeks 14-15 with miami and cleveland as opposing defenses.

also if u are looking for quick wins, lynch may be the guy too. nyj, cinci, and miami next three. it would be very tough for me to trade lynch at this point in the season.

Playoffs are week 15 and 16

Im currently 5th in a ten team league, behind the 4th place team on points...

Ive flip flopped on this about 20 times in the past day and i think the fact thats its not a slam dunk improve my team drastically trade that im jumping at leads me to believe i should just stand pat

wow - i actually got one of my questions answered on one of those ESPN chats:

<!-- displayed mode --><hr noshade="noshade" size="1" width="80%">Steve (Philly): Should I trade Lynch and Welker for Addai? Kieth scares me...my other WR are Smith, Marshall, Bowe and Ward so i think i can take the depth hit there...

<!-- displayed mode -->
sn2.gif
Scott Engel: (3:13 PM ET ) I would keep Welker over Marshall for sure and Lynch is very solid, so you don't really need Addai - he's a luxury

i hear ya. i'd proabably do the same thing. but the playoff matchups for addai are outstanding in a 15-16 week playoff league.

@oakland
vs.Houston

Lynch has Cleveland and NYG which isnt exactly lights out

plus ill be giving up welker who has NYJ and miami...and i really think they could hang a hundo on the jets just to prove a point

i dont think im doing it (flipflop #37)

i hear ya, thanks for the input

its tough to talk fantasy strategy with your buddies when theyre all in the same league!!

this just in, and should seal the deal

Bad news, Addai: Keith's here to stay
Joseph Addai, RB IND
News: The Indianapolis Star reports that Colts coach Tony Dungy said he expects to continue using Joseph Addai and Kenton Keith in a rotation at running back for the rest of the season. "Kenton's played well and we want to get him in there," Dungy said. "I think we're developing more and more confidence in him. Joseph, missing the week before (with a chest injury), may have had a little something to do with it, but more and more I think having those guys go and keeping those guys fresh is going to be good for our running game."
Analysis: Bad news for Addai owners, great news for Keith owners and mixed news for those that own Addai and Keith. Addai should still start and be good for around 15-to-20 touches per game, while Keith will settle around 10-to-15 reps. Addai is still the better guy in Indy for now, but Keith will have a shot at emerging as a low-end No. 3 Fantasy RB, especially in games were Indy is expected to be up big in the second half as he'll be in there to keep Addai fresh. Addai remains a No. 1 option at Carolina, and Keith could see extended playing time against the hapless Panthers, so think of him as a No. 3.

So Ive had an interesting development...

So i dropped Brian Leonard and have picked up Sammy Morris...

but thats not the interesting development...

I countered the Randy Moss offer with Lendale White, Wes Welker and Selvin Young for Randy Moss

and he accepted (pending league vote)!

So I got Moss, and didnt have to give up Lynch and now can trot out a lineup that looks like this:

QB: Palmer
RB: LT
RB: Lynch
WR: Moss
WR: S.Smith
WR: Marshall
Flex: Graham/Bowe/H. Ward/Curtis/Sammy Morris when he comes back

Im also gonna pick up Devin Hester and Adrian Peterson with my two empty roster spots because they seem to be involving Hester more in that offense (and return TDs count) and given Benson's effectiveness or lack thereof, its gotta be only a matter of time till they giver Peterson a shot, right?

nice. hopefully moss doesn't get injured, but he's due if you look at his past. that is a STUDLY squad you will be rolling out every week

I kinda got a bad feeling this is gonna get veoted...

theres a guy in our league causing a ruckus right now

story is before last weeks games an owner proposed a clinton portis for larry fitzgerald trade which seemed fair enough but then the portis owner lost ronnie brown for the season and suddenly all his depth at the position was gone...well the trade was still proposed and the guy with fitzgerald accepted it after brown got hurt...apparently the guy with portis and brown called around the league and got enough votes to have it vetoed...now the fitzgerald owner is crying foul and is pissed at me cuz im the commish and he thinks im responsible for the veto...so in short i would not put it past this guy to do everything he thinks he can to try and get my trade vetoed just to spite me

fucker...needless to say if that happens, he wont be asked back next year

that sounds ugly, hope it works out.

if i was commish i would make it a rule that all trades proposed before sunday must be finalized before sunday or they are void, and must be resubmitted. as an owner though, the guy shouldve known not to leave a guy hanging out there during the games. worst scenario is fitz blew a knee and was out for season, then guy gets portis for a a guy he wouldve dropped.

The trade went through!

My roster for today:

RB: LT
RB: Lynch
WR: Smith
WR: Curtis
Flex: H. Ward

Not too shabby if i say so myself...

Well, looks like I mighta overvalued Marshawn Lynch...oh well

Since we last talked I had to make a few deals

After San Diego's win over Indy i convinced the NE Def owner to trade me NE straight up for San Diego! Love NE Defense's playoff sked (NYJ and MIA)

Also when Lynch went down I made a move to get McGahee. I traded Steve Smith and a third round pick in next years draft for him

I also picked up Ryan Grant along the way

My lineup is now as follows:

RB: LDT
RB: McGahee
WR: Ward
WR: Curtis
Flex: Lynch
K: Graham
Def: New England

Bench: Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, David Patten, Earnest Graham, Ryan Grant, Ron Dayne

The trading deadline is this Friday

I think Im going to unload Graham for a W. Dunn and a fourth round pick next year (to compensate for the 3rd rounder I gave up)

Im also looking at getting Larry Fitzgerald. The guy who has him wants Grant and a 6th rounder. Im hesitant to give up Grant if Ive already given up Graham and Lynch has a bum ankle so I countered with Bowe and the 6th rounder. Fitzgeralds upcoming sked is sweet.

can't believe someone traded u NEs defense! thats just insane

otherwise great moves locking up another good RB. Lynch was just about to get rolling though... so maybe he'll be back soon.

if i wanted grant and a 6th rounder, i would turn down bowe and a 6th. i assume since he's giving up fitz, he's loaded at WR and needs RBs desperately.

gl in the playoffs!

i think he just wants the draft pick...

crazy thing is I might not make the playoffs!

Currently Im in 3rd place (out of 10) a game up on two teams

but my schedule is brutal - i have to play the better fourth place team and the first and second team!

its gonna come down to the wire...

And i was right because he just accepted my counter!

Lineup now:

RB: LDT
RB: McGahee
WR: Fitzgerald
WR: Ward
Flex: Lynch
K: Graham
DEF: Patriots

Bench: Ryan Grant, Kevin Curtis, Brandon Marshall, Ron Dayne, David Patten, Earnest Graham

Who should I trade to get a fourth rounder back so Im not completely screwed in next years draft - Graham or Grant?

Grahams sked is cake but i feel like Grant is better...

Back