Alert: Parker/duncan Doubtful

EHS49

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #000000"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33></TD><TD align=left> Tony Parker now 'doubtful' for Thursday game</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #000000" width=14></TD><TD width=6>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
NBA_Parker_small.jpg

A Spurs' spokesperson said that Tony Parker continues to struggle with a sprained right ankle, an injury he suffered in Minnesota on November 30th. Parker has made only 19-of-50 shots in the past three games, and Popovich may want to give him one or two games off to get the ankle back to full strength.
The Spurs might end up playing the Lakers tonight without either Tim Duncan or Tony Parker, which means Manu Ginobili would be asked to carry a huge load. Make sure Manu is in your lineups, while Duncan and Parker need to be benched until we hear some more optimistic news out of San Antonio. Dec. 13 - 1:06 pm et

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #000000" width=10></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #000000"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
SA.gif
</TD><TD align=left> Duncan still 'doubtful' for Thursday's game</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #000000" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
NBA_Duncan_small.jpg

Tim Duncan is officially "doubtful" for Thursday's game against the Lakers because of continuing problems with a sprained right ankle and bruised right knee, but he prefers to think of his status as "questionable".
Duncan said he is fighting fatigue as much as pain. "Fatigue is still a factor, not only wind-wise, but in my leg," he said. He could play tonight, but we're guessing he sits out one more contest, as the Spurs protect their franchise player. Start him at your own risk. Dec. 13 - 1:01 pm et
Source: San Antonio Express-News </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I GUESS TONY IS STILL TIRED FROM RUNNING UP AND DOWN IN GSW. DON'T KNOW HOW THIS AFFECTS THE OVER/UNDER ON LA/SA GAME. IF PARKER AND TIMMY IS OUT, WHO PUTS UP 90 POINTS? RED HEAD BONNER?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

theyd have to run the entire offense thru manu and i would think it speed the pace.

i know you're not supposed to bet an injury in the nba, but injuries? i have to fade the spurs if parker AND duncan are sitting

You gotta think Bowen is shooting 9% his last 3 games. Elson cant score at all. Bonner and Manu should be able to put up some points, I think Kobe will guard Manu and shut him down (unless the refs give him foul shots). It will be really difficult for the spurs to score imo.

Yea, Kobe guarding Manu is the biggest thing, Kobe will be able to completely control the game on national TV. Vaughn and Bowen guard themselves.

i already posted by 4-0 play.

heat/under
lakers/over

reading what everyone has said, i think the lakers game goes under.
i got my lakers over at 196.5 and now it's at 198.5. i can hedge out and i'm given a two point window. lands on 197 198 cha ching. if not. bye bye juice. what to do what to do. to hedge or not to hedge. the real question is tony longoria and timmeeeeee really out?

[SIZE=+2]Pro basketball: Duncan upgrades playing status

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Web Posted: 12/12/2007 11:25 PM CST

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer
[/SIZE] LOS ANGELES — Tim Duncan, the Spurs' two-time MVP power forward, said he expected to play in both games of the team's road trip, which began with a thud at Golden State and continues tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers.
“That's why I got on the plane, honestly,” Duncan said.
Duncan was scratched after he struggled in Tuesday morning's shootaround, with coach Gregg Popovich declaring him doubtful for tonight's game as well, because of continuing problems with a sprained right ankle and bruised right knee.
Now All-Star point guard Tony Parker has been added to the “doubtful” list for tonight's game at the Staples Center.
A team spokesperson said Parker continues to have problem with a sprained right ankle, an injury he suffered in Minnesota on Nov. 30. Parker has made only 19 of 50 shots in the past three games, and Popovich may want to give him one or two games off to get the ankle back to full strength.
<script src="http://www2.mysanantonio.com/global-includes/rminclude.cfm?file=/news/includes/sidebars/mailbag/spurs.html" language="javascript"> </script><table align="right" width="250"><tbody><tr><td><form name="mailbag" action="http://www2.mysanantonio.com/scripts/SendFormFields.ashx" method="post"><input name="sff_param_to" value="jmcdonald@express-news.net" type="hidden"><input name="sff_param_from" value="notifyme@mysanantonio.com" type="hidden"><input name="sff_param_subject" value="Mailbag: Spurs" type="hidden"><input name="sff_param_redirect" value="http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA081706.thanks.EN.ba5fef5.html" type="hidden"><input name="sff_param_required" value="sff_send_name, sff_send_fromemail, sff_send_question" type="hidden"><input name="sff_param_order" value="sff_send_name, sff_send_fromemail, sff_param_from, sff_send_hometown, sff_send_question" type="hidden"><table class="sidebarcat" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="250"><tbody><tr><td class="sidebarcattitle">Spurs Mailbag</td></tr><tr><td>Got a question about the Spurs? Use the form below and fire away!</td></tr><tr><td>*Your name
<input name="sff_send_name" size="25" type="text"></td></tr><tr><td>*Your e-mail
<input style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 160);" name="sff_send_fromemail" size="25" type="text"></td></tr><tr><td>Your hometown
<input name="sff_send_hometown" size="25" type="text"></td></tr><tr><td>*Your question
<textarea name="sff_send_question" cols="30" rows="4"></textarea></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><input name="sff_ignore_Submit" value="Send" type="submit"></td></tr><tr><td align="center">
*Required
</td></tr></tbody></table></form></td></tr></tbody></table> Duncan hinted he might pester Popovich to allow him to suit up against the Lakers tonight.
“I don't like the word ‘doubtful,'.” Duncan said. “I'd rather step it up to ‘questionable.' It goes ‘doubtful, questionable, probable' and then nothing, right? So I'll go with questionable.”
Duncan said he is fighting fatigue as much, or more so, than pain now.
“Fatigue is still a factor, not only wind-wise, but in my leg,” he said

That was from last night...

Trust me...I am waiting to all of the sudden see hes playing...

Not sure how accurate this is. I do know if Jacque Vaughn and Darius Washington are able to keep the game close.. then so be it
SPURS (17-4) vs. LAKERS (12-
icon_cool.gif

Time: 9:30 p.m. TV: KENS, TNT

Radio: WOAI-AM 1200, KCOR-AM 1350

STARTING LINEUPS

SPURS

LAKERS

11 Jacque Vaughn (6-1, 11th yr)

PG

2 Derek Fisher (6-1, 11th yr)

Popovich could opt to start Ginobili at the point if Parker can't play.

4 Michael Finley (6-7, 13th yr)

SG

24 Kobe Bryant (6-6, 7th year)

Bryant is NBA's No. 2 scorer at 27.2 points per game.

12 Bruce Bowen (6-7, 12th yr)

SF

7 Lamar Odom (6-10, 8th year)

Bowen likely to guard Bryant, so Finley will match up with Odom.

15 Matt Bonner (6-10, 4th yr)

PF

10 V. Radmanovic (6-10, 6th yr)

Bonner coming off career-high 25 points, 17 rebounds at Golden State.

7 Fabricio Oberto (6-10, 3rd yr)

C

17 Andrew Bynum (7-0, 3rd yr)

Bryant has gone out of his way to praise Bynum's recent play.

RESERVES

SPURS

LAKERS

17 Brent Barry, G, 6-7, 13th yr

3 Trevor Ariza, F, 6-8, 3rd yr

21 Tim Duncan, F-C, 6-11, 11th yr

54 Kwame Brown, C, 6-11, 6th yr

16 Francisco Elson, C, 6-11, 5th yr

1 Javaris Crittenton, G, 6-5, 1st yr

20 Manu Ginobili, G, 6-6, 6th yr

5 Jordan Farmar, G, 6-2, 2nd yr

25 Robert Horry, F, 6-9, 16th yr

31 Chris Mihm, C, 7-0, 7th yr

9 Tony Parker, G, 6-1, 7th yr

21 Rony Turiaf, F-C, 6-10, 3rd yr

5 Ime Udoka, F, 6-7, 4th yr

18 Sasha Vujacic, F, 6-7, 4th yr

4 Luke Walton, F, 6-8, 5th yr

COACHES

Spurs: Gregg Popovich

Lakers: Phil Jackson

INJURIES

Spurs: Tim Duncan, sprained right ankle; Tony Parker, sprained left ankle

Lakers: Kwame Brown, sprained ankle; Luke Walton, sprained right ankle

PROJECTED INACTIVE

Spurs: Duncan and Parker

Lakers: Brown and Crittenton

This is a great sign that Tony is out
December 13, 2007
Spurs Recall Darius Washington

The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have recalled Darius Washington from the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League. Washington was signed by the Spurs on October 1. He appeared in 15 games with the Silver and Black, averaging 2.8 points and 1.1 rebounds while shooting .485 from the field, prior to his assignment to the Toros on November 29.
Washington started all four games he appeared in with the Toros, averaging a D-League best 28.2 points, 8.5 rebounds (10th), 6.2 assists (tied for fifth) and 2.0 steals (tied for eighth) in 38.5 minutes of action. The 6-2 guard recorded his first professional triple-double when he finished with 26 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists vs. Tulsa on December 8.
Washington will join the

Back