Russell actually has showed great decision making.

The reason why his completion percentage was so low is because Kiffen had him throwing the ball away whenever there was no one open (which was all the time)
Just look at his interception totals, very low.

Russell has a break out season this year and makes the Pro Bowl

:cheers:

JMarc's L3 Games: 49/78 (62.8%), 6 TD, 2 INT

Need him to continue the progress shown in the last three games of his ROOKIE season...2007 was lost due to his holdout.

f_DHBm_e06563f.jpg

The Raiders can have Heyward Bay for all I care. Maybe I'm wrong and he turns out to be awesome, but I have this weird feeling he might end up another Justin Gatilin.

Of course, for his sake, I hope I'm wrong.

From the stuff I've seen, I'd love it if Hakeem Nicks from NC or that guy from Rutgers really drop enough so that the Birds or Browns can grab 'em in the second round.

I think outside of qb that the wr position is the biggest "miss" spot for drafters.

lots of busts.

i agree with smokedawg ol dl .. and i would add linebacker for that team.

Harris, Griffith gone

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 at 5:05 pm in Oakland Raiders.
The inevitable arrived in the form of the Raiders releasing tackle Kwame Harris, who was due a $2 million salary, a $6 million roster bonus and whose exit clears some $7.2 million in salary cap release.

The moves are listed in transactions on Raiders.com.
In somewhat of a mild surprise, the Raiders also released fullback Justin Griffith, who appeared to be rehabbing nicely from ACL surgery. Griffith’s release clears $666,000 in cap space. He was due a $1.1 million salary, had a $1,433,334 cap number and had $333,334 in bonus acceleration on the third year of a three-year contract.
Griffith appered well ahead of fellow fullback Oren O’Neal in terms of rehab, although he was injured much later. O’Neal has been a regular presence at the facility however, and is a better fit for what Al Davis indicated would be a blocking scheme which blends in some power to go along with the zone system preferred by coach Tom Cable.

The Raiders can have Heyward Bay for all I care. Maybe I'm wrong and he turns out to be awesome, but I have this weird feeling he might end up another Justin Gatilin.

Wut?

Anyways, I would love to trade the 7th and something, maybe a 5th for two 1sts THIS year,

A guy like Andre Smith, Crabtree, or Harvin is going to slip to the 2nd Round pick, I thinks...but

Not sure who we take at 7

Harris, Griffith gone

Monday, February 23rd, 2009 at 5:05 pm in Oakland Raiders.
The inevitable arrived in the form of the Raiders releasing tackle Kwame Harris, who was due a $2 million salary, a $6 million roster bonus and whose exit clears some $7.2 million in salary cap release.

The moves are listed in transactions on Raiders.com.
In somewhat of a mild surprise, the Raiders also released fullback Justin Griffith, who appeared to be rehabbing nicely from ACL surgery. Griffith’s release clears $666,000 in cap space. He was due a $1.1 million salary, had a $1,433,334 cap number and had $333,334 in bonus acceleration on the third year of a three-year contract.
Griffith appered well ahead of fellow fullback Oren O’Neal in terms of rehab, although he was injured much later. O’Neal has been a regular presence at the facility however, and is a better fit for what Al Davis indicated would be a blocking scheme which blends in some power to go along with the zone system preferred by coach Tom Cable.

As long as O'Neal is healthy than Griffith isnt a big loss, Oren was huge the season before last getting Fargas over 1000 yards, imagine what he can do with McFadden and Bush.

And Kwame got completely outplayed by Mario Henderson last year (who never played well under Kiffen because Kiffen called him out in public and ruined his confidence)

i don't give a fuck what andre smith has done or will do in the offseason (minus breaking his back) he will not fall to the 2nd round.

Wut?

Anyways, I would love to trade the 7th and something, maybe a 5th for two 1sts THIS year,

A guy like Andre Smith, Crabtree, or Harvin is going to slip to the 2nd Round pick, I thinks...but

Not sure who we take at 7

Id give up the 21st and 28th for the 7th if Crabtree was there

Im 100% sure the eagles wouldnt though

1. Tom Cable doesn't give a damn :tiphat:
And that's a good thing.

After conducting over 40 outstanding on-air interviews for Sirius NFL Radio at the scouting combine, the one that stands out the most was with a coach I've criticized and a team I have ripped to pieces. In a refreshing, candid, 20-minute spot, Cable admits he hears the verbal jabs and sees the printed commentary wondering if he's nuts to want to work for Al Davis. Cable's motto? "It is what it is"

He doesn't care what I think or what you think. You see, Cable is a die-hard Raiders fan. This is his dream job.
While other aspiring head coaches instruct their agents to not even return Davis' calls, this is the only job Cable has ever wanted. And he swears it is going to work and this team can make the playoffs.

Cable says he loves talking with Davis about football and life. He actually wants Davis to be omnipresent
, a hurdle that other Raiders coaches couldn't get past. And while the inherent Raiders/Davis zaniness helped drive Bill Callahan, Art Shell, Lane Kiffin and Norv Turner out the door, Cable knows exactly what he is getting into.

Cable saw the signs of the Raiders playing hard for him in the final quarter of the season last year when he was the interim coach. He loved the effort in the last two games, wins against the hot Texans and a huge victory in Tampa against a team playing for the playoffs.

A smile takes over Cable's face when he talks about young tight end Zach Miller. Cable promises that all three running backs — Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas and Michael Bush — will be part of a smash-mouth attack next year. And Cable has big plans for McFadden lining up all over the field on offense.

The coach has already had several long talks with quarterback JaMarcus Russell about becoming the leader of the Raiders. Cable says Russell isn't there yet, but has shown signs by coming into work early since the season ended.

Cable says the proof of the building blocks is already there, with the best corner in the NFL, Nnamdi Asomugha, agreeing to a mega-bucks deal to stay in Oakland. And Shane Lechler, one of the best punters in the league, also doing the same. You know I'm still skeptical of where the Raiders are under Davis and with Cable. But Cable wouldn't have it any other way.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9254056/Schein's-Nine:-Schmoozing-from-the-combine

great read and so true Cable dont give a fuck what the media says

the media and every1 else hates the raiders and we hate them.

why are the eagles so reluctant to land (or take a chance) a top flight wide receiver...i realize TO ultimately didn't work out, but the one year he was on the team and with the program...is the year they got to the SB. I would think by now Reid would be looking to upgrade this position with a top tier player.

horses the eagles are content with being well under the cap and fielding a competitive team because they still sell out every game and keep all their corporate sponsorships. its never really been about the whole TO thing. Its just this mentality that the ownership and andy reid have that they can bring players in at a discount and because of how good their system is they'll be able to just put anyone out there and it will work. it is very very frustrating being an eagles fan.

that being said i wouldn't give up our two firsts to move up and get crabtree if he's there. i mean if we have him and we sign tra thomas who's going to play the other tackle spot? do you want to move andrews out there. plus it will cost more money to sign crabtree. why not wait to draft a tackle and then get someone like heyward bay, robiskie, or hakeem nicks. and all this is if we don't sign TJ or make a move for boldin. we need an eagles off season thread.

Thx for the response Phatprep; I agree, I wouldn't make that particular trade either.

I was just commenting on the Eagles lack of interest in basically landing a top flight WR that could and perhaps would put them over the top and back in the bowl...

he takes the sack. now some of that is terrible oline play .. but some of it is him holding onto the ball way too long.

he had 210 yards of sack yardage lsot on just 368 attempts ... you are right that his interception percent wasn't that bad ( in fact top ten ) ..but that isn't the only determinant of decision making .....

why was russell throwing it away when the guy wasn't open ??? because he cant go past the initial read. kyle orton had a better passer rating for heavens sake.

can he improve ?? sure , i am cheering for him to do so .. but i dont see it.

i disagree man. that is probably the easiest thing that a qb can fix is throw it away rather than take a sack. the guy's been such a freak that he could get away from sacks even in the sec at will. it was about 4 or 5 years ago so i don't remember who it was, but one of florida's best defensive players, an end, came in completely untouched and just blindsided russell bad---i mean that fucker blasted him...and he just staggered a bit, moved to his left and delivered a strike to his receiver. i'll never forget that play in my life. he's such a freak that he needs to get used to throwing it away rather than taking sacks. and for as raw as he was when he came in i think he's made excellent progression as far as decision-making goes---that top ten interception stat i never would have thought it would happen this soon when he was drafted---and i agreed completely with the pick then too. if he continues to come around at this rate mentally, obviously he has all the physical tools and then some to be GREAT. i think in 3 or 4 years this guy is going to be one of the very best in the league. once he becomes comfortable, becomes coached, and becomes confident, he'll be throwin smoke like elway---and the most encouraging part of his development will be the running game they are building in oakland...a young qb's best friend.

It is FAR too early to label Russell anything close to a bust...

Watching him play at the end of last year, I think his progression as QB is pretty much right on target...hear nothing but good things as well about his offseason work ethic.

i disagree man. that is probably the easiest thing that a qb can fix is throw it away rather than take a sack. the guy's been such a freak that he could get away from sacks even in the sec at will. it was about 4 or 5 years ago so i don't remember who it was, but one of florida's best defensive players, an end, came in completely untouched and just blindsided russell bad---i mean that fucker blasted him...and he just staggered a bit, moved to his left and delivered a strike to his receiver. i'll never forget that play in my life. he's such a freak that he needs to get used to throwing it away rather than taking sacks. and for as raw as he was when he came in i think he's made excellent progression as far as decision-making goes---that top ten interception stat i never would have thought it would happen this soon when he was drafted---and i agreed completely with the pick then too. if he continues to come around at this rate mentally, obviously he has all the physical tools and then some to be GREAT. i think in 3 or 4 years this guy is going to be one of the very best in the league. once he becomes comfortable, becomes coached, and becomes confident, he'll be throwin smoke like elway---and the most encouraging part of his development will be the running game they are building in oakland...a young qb's best friend.

Post of The Year...................................:cheers:

you know whats up :shake:

Mike Lombardi was on the NFL network earlier today saying the 49ers are interested in Fargas.

If the Raiders could get a first day draftpick I would love this. They are all ready deep at RB with not only McFadden and Bush but Rankin showed a lot of potential at times last season and in the pre-season.

^^^ As much as I like Fargas I would still trade him for atleast a 4 or 5, try to get a 3 if the 9ers are dumb. Rankin showed last preseason that he could run. Fargas just takes away carries from McFadden and Bush.

there's definitely plenty of talent in their backfield... a trade bait with one would definitely be an idea to consider.

certainly hoping you are right and my eyes are wrong.

^^^ As much as I like Fargas I would still trade him for atleast a 4 or 5, try to get a 3 if the 9ers are dumb. Rankin showed last preseason that he could run. Fargas just takes away carries from McFadden and Bush.
I don't know. I kind of like having the 3 headed monster just because neither of the 3 we're fully healthy last year. They all had stints on the injury list. I like having the insurance policy.

I don't know. I kind of like having the 3 headed monster just because neither of the 3 we're fully healthy last year. They all had stints on the injury list. I like having the insurance policy.

Having all 3 is a nice luxury...but you have to believe the future belongs to Bush & McFadden...some much needed depth on the O-line could be secured with an extra 3 or even a 4. Plus, Fargas runs with such damn abandon...I don't think he'll ever survive a full season.

RaidersSigcopy.jpg

RaidersSigLegendscopy.jpg

Another bad move.... IMO why sign a cornerback so much money when the raiders can't stop the run there's a reason why nobody throws in his direction 1) Raiders run defense 2) the other cornerback last year D. Hall sucks bad 3) No need to go in any other direction

Once again there will be no money left to shore up the D Line....

You're about to lose your center to the Dolphins, Throw.

Sorry.

dude fuckin sucks Im so happy the raiders didnt resign his ass.

I want Mack from CAL

now that we got his OL coach (nickNamed GOD of O-Line coaches on the westcoast) he will make the o-line better.

This guy is gonna help the o-line so much we punked him from UW got a little payback on Sark the new HC for UW. Him and Cable are friends so that good. Mack is his favorite OLinemen he has had in the college game if the raiders can get him in the 2nd that would be a perfect fit. have a great young center to grow with the young raiders on offense and hopefully Crabtree or DHB.

February 9, 2009 1:43 PM
Michalczik leaves UW for Raiders

Posted by Bob Condotta

Washington O-line coach and offensive coordinator Jim Michalczik, who was one of the first hires for new Husky coach Steve Sarkisian, is leaving the Huskies to take a position with the Oakland Raiders.
UW just officially announced the move.
Michalczik had a three-year contract worth a guaranteed $350,000 per year with UW. I don't know if there was a buyout but I'll try to find that out, and I'll have more on this later.
Word is Michalczik is leaving primarily so he can work with his longtime friend, Tom Cable, who was recently named as coach of the Raiders. It also means he's returning to the Bay Area, where he worked from 2002 until December, having been an assistant at Cal.
This leaves UW with two openings on its assistant coaching staff as the Huskies are also continuing to search for a WR coach after Aaron Roderick accepted the position, then left to return to Utah.
Here's what Sarkisian said about Michalczik at the time. Sarkisian had been particulary happy to get Michalczik on board due to his history for developing solid running games at Cal.
Here's a list of Raiders coaches, showing that they don't have an O-line coach, so that may be the job Michalczik is taking there.
UPDATE ON MICHALCZIK'S CONTRACT --- Michalczik had yet to sign his actual contract, which isn't unusual --- it usually takes a little while for the contracts to go through the process. He had signed a memorandum of understanding which did not include any sort of buyout, which also is standard for assistant coaches. Holt does have a buyout due to the nature of the length and amount of his deal.

Mack would make Grove his bitch. Grove struggles vs bigger DT's (Jamal Williams makes Grove piss his pants) and he gets hurt somewhat and just overall and average center. Mack has the potential to be a pro bowl center.

2920522796_cb8c950ef7.jpg

Last edited:
2791517726_3a8f77d7aa.jpg

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>F.decorate(_ge('photo_notes'), F._photo_notes).notes_go_go_go(2791517726, 'http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/2791517726_3a8f77d7aa_t.jpg', '3.1444');</SCRIPT><FORM id=fave_form style="VISIBILITY: hidden" method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=089a5cc4eadba0a558a8cceb65451a32 name=magic_cookie><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=faveadd><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=faveremove></FORM><!--<rdf:RDF xmlns="http://web.resource.org/cc/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"> <Work rdf:about=""> <dc:title>IMG_8714</dc:title> <dc:date>2008</dc:date> <dc:description>Cal is fotrunate that Alex Mack chose to come back for his senior year. The center was a lock to get drafted into the NFL last year, but will be anchoring our line for another season.</dc:description> <dc:creator><Agent><dc:title>Monica's Dad</dc:title></Agent></dc:creator> <dc:rights><Agent><dc:title>Monica's Dad</dc:title></Agent></dc:rights> <dc:type rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/StillImage" /> <license rdf:resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/" /> </Work> <License rdf:about="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">

<requires rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Notice" /> <requires rdf:resource="http://web.resource.org/cc/Attribution" />
</License></rdf:RDF>--><!-- PHOTO CONTENT: DESCRIPTION, NOTES, COMMENTS --></P>Cal is fotrunate that Alex Mack chose to come back for his senior year. The center was a lock to get drafted into the NFL last year, but will be anchoring our line for another season.

Raiders new o-line and staring offense in 2009

LT- Super Mario Henderson
LG- Gallery (been playing @ pro bowl level at guard)
C- Alex Mack
RG- Draft or find a vet (also have McQuistan he was hurt all year)
RT- Khalif Barnes and Marvel Smith are getting a look for the raiders and they have also lookin at Orlando Pace, could also draft that combine stud from Nebraska should be around 3rd to 5th rd.

that could be the new line and if Mario improves over the last 3 or 4 games he played its only gonna get better.

Heres the rest of the starters hopefully.

#1 wr Crabtree/DHB/Maclin and Javon Walker (im convinced AL takes a WR in the 1st rd i hear he loves Crabtree)
#2 wr Chaz Schillens and Drew Carter or FA or Arman Sheilds

slot #3 wr Johnny Lee Higgins

also raiders drafted a WR in the 4th rd last year but he was on pup and then IR not really cuz of the injury but cuz of the #'s game. His name is Arman Sheilds he is like a Hines Ward possesion wr that loved to block. Hopefully he b een workin out and shows in camp why he was drafted last year.

TE- best young te in the game Zach Miller
raiders also need another TE thats a blocker. I hope they can look at Chase Coffman from Mizzou no hype on this kid but he is a stud hope he is around in the 4th rd.

FB- Oren O Neal - b4 he blew out his knee this guy had potential to be an do it all FB he is a beast at blocking he can catch the ball and can run somewhat but never used that way. Hopefully he gets healthy cuz he is still workin on that knee it was a bad injury. Would love to get Leanord Weaver or even Lorenzo Neal if Oren isnt ready.

RB McFadden
RB Michael Bush
RB Fargas
RB Louis Rankin - dude looked damn good last preseaon he is a burner with some power AL also likes him was adden to the roster the last 2 or 3 games so no other teams would pick him up from the practice squad. He can also force out Fargas or Bush thats how much the coaches and AL like him. He was undrafted last year out of UW.

that roster has alot of young talent to grow with Russell

Last edited:
dude fuckin sucks Im so happy the raiders didnt resign his ass.

I want Mack from CAL

now that we got his OL coach (nickNamed GOD of O-Line coaches on the westcoast) he will make the o-line better.

:cheers:

Miami WAAAAAY overpaid for a very average C who can't stay healthy:

JAKE GROVE GETS PAID

Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 12:05 p.m.
Though the Dolphins have been quiet for much of free agency (after re-signing three of their own), they’ve made a big splash on the offensive line.
According to Adam Schefter of <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_1_0">NFL </nobr>Network, Raiders center Jake Grove has agreed to a five-year, $29 million contract. The deal includes $14.5 million guaranteed.
Grove was a second-round pick of the Raiders in 2004. Has 46 career starts in five NFL seasons.

Raiders new o-line and staring offense in 2009

LT- Super Mario Henderson
LG- Gallery (been playing @ pro bowl level at guard)
C- Alex Mack
RG- Draft or find a vet (also have McQuistan he was hurt all year)
RT- Khalif Barnes and Marvel Smith are getting a look for the raiders and they have also lookin at Orlando Pace, could also draft that combine stud from Nebraska should be around 3rd to 5th rd.

that could be the new line and if Mario improves over the last 3 or 4 games he played its only gonna get better.

Heres the rest of the starters hopefully.

#1 wr Crabtree/DHB/Maclin and Javon Walker (im convinced AL takes a WR in the 1st rd i hear he loves Crabtree)
#2 wr Chaz Schillens and Drew Carter or FA or Arman Sheilds

slot #3 wr Johnny Lee Higgins

also raiders drafted a WR in the 4th rd last year but he was on pup and then IR not really cuz of the injury but cuz of the #'s game. His name is Arman Sheilds he is like a Hines Ward possesion wr that loved to block. Hopefully he b een workin out and shows in camp why he was drafted last year.

TE- best young te in the game Zach Miller
raiders also need another TE thats a blocker. I hope they can look at Chase Coffman from Mizzou no hype on this kid but he is a stud hope he is around in the 4th rd.

FB- Oren O Neal - b4 he blew out his knee this guy had potential to be an do it all FB he is a beast at blocking he can catch the ball and can run somewhat but never used that way. Hopefully he gets healthy cuz he is still workin on that knee it was a bad injury. Would love to get Leanord Weaver or even Lorenzo Neal if Oren isnt ready.

RB McFadden
RB Michael Bush
RB Fargas
RB Louis Rankin - dude looked damn good last preseaon he is a burner with some power AL also likes him was adden to the roster the last 2 or 3 games so no other teams would pick him up from the practice squad. He can also force out Fargas or Bush thats how much the coaches and AL like him. He was undrafted last year out of UW.

that roster has alot of young talent to grow with Russell

Mario is gonna be a stud I think, after Kiffin left and stopped calling Mario a failure, Cable put him in at LT and he only allowed 1 sack in 5 games.

Gallery is awesome, I think he starts to get noticed this year league wide.

And with Seattle picking up T.J that means that Crabtree probly drops to 7 and the Raiders pick him up, which I like. Although I wouldn't mind picking up someone else and getting Heyward-Bey or maybe even Harvin in the 2nd.

Fact is, Grove missed 26 of 80 games because of injury since joining the Raiders in 2004 and played in 19 of 32 the past two years

Raiders are signing OT Erik Pears
<HR style="COLOR: #000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Adam Schefter reports...
"Changes in Denver led to an opportunity for offensive tackle Erik Pears in Oakland. Once Denver did not place a contract tender on Pears, he became an unrestricted free agent. And once Pears became an unrestricted free agent, he jumped at the chance to sign with the Raiders, who will give him a chance to compete for playing time at offensive tackle. After becoming an undrafted free agent, Pears was with Denver from 2005-2008."

Erik Pear, a 6-8, 305 pound tackle who missed last season on the reserve list after an appendectomy. Started 16 geams on 07, 10 in 06. Played on Broncos practice squad, and NFL Europe. He'll compete for roster spot. Has experience zone blocking. A no risk signing which could work out. No downside

Carlisle, Stewart return, Pears added

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009 at 2:52 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Right guard Cooper Carlisle and tight end Tony Stewart were signed to contracts Tuesday, and the Raiders also announced through the transactions page on their Web site that tackle Erik Pears was signed.
The Raiders also made official the signing of Isaiah Ekejiuba, who agreed to terms Saturday and signed a contract Sunday.

Carlisle started 31 of 32 games at right guard over the past two years, was in the process of lining up visits to other teams, but canceled them Sunday as his agent concentrated on getting a deal done with the Raiders.
The Raiders lost another offensive line starter, center Jake Grove, earlier in the day to the Miami Dolphins.
Pears is an intriguing addition in that the started 26 games in 2007 and 2008 for the Denver Broncos before missing all of last season after an appendectomy.
Denver runs a system heavy in zone blocking, and Pears’ build (6-foot-8, 305 pounds) fits in with the agile, more slender look shared by most Raiders linemen since Tom Cable came aboard in 2007.
Pears went on the open market after the Broncos, whose roster has been a revolving door since Josh McDaniels took over, was not given a qualifying offer.
Foxsports.com is reporting the Raiders are visiting with Duke Preston, center for the Buffalo Bills. NFL.com reported the Raiders were talking with center Melvin Fowler, also of the Bills.
A four-year veteran out of Illinois, Preston (6-5, 326) played in 15 games with 11 starts. Fowler had the other five starts for a Buffalo line which struggled all season

looks like raiders are gonna fix the o-line through Free Agency. you know what that means? AL must really want Crabtree or some wr.

I could also see him taking Curry OLB or Rajii DT

RAIDERS LOOK TO REPLACE JAKE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 4:04 p.m.

Now that free-agent center Jake Grove has signed with the Dolphins, the Raiders need to find a replacement.

They’re starting with Duke Preston.

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, Preston is visiting the Raiders today.

He became the starter in 2008, replacing Melvin Fowler.

Preston also can play guard.

-------------------------------------------

heard raiders also gonna bring in Fowler

Back