AFC Wildcard Round Discussion Thread

Are you incapable of seeing for yourself they allow the most yards per rush in the league? I’m sorry, I’ll try dumbing shit down for you.

No of course I can see they’re near the bottom of the league in rush yards against and yards per carry. I’m not sure why/how total rush yards against, by itself, explains anything though. How does it, by the way?

No of course I can see they’re near the bottom of the league in rush yards against and yards per carry. I’m not sure why/how total rush yards against, by itself, explains anything though. How does it, by the way?

I’ve mentioned in bunch those post of mine you keep bashing, maybe reading comprehension isn’t your thing?

It’s because his over analytic driven ass has said himself running the ball is not as efficient so he schemes to stop passing games at the detriment of run d. I’ll give him I have seen sone very good schemes by him to take passing games away; but it a foolish strategy, sure passing leads to more points than running but as analytics often do they ignore what running the ball does for a offense or to a defense. He one these young analytic driven pricks that thing they smarter than the room even tho the rest the room knows damn well why you don’t allow teams to crush you on the ground.

Staley and Pederson have always seemed very similar in their "gambling/risk taking" with respect to 4th down. Peterson really 'got the ball rolling' back in Philly, and the push back criticism he received was plenty...some warranted I'm sure, some not so much. Heard this the other day, but it's kinda eerie how close they were this year on 4th down decisions and the fact they're matched up in the first round here...

LAC went 15/29 on 4th down this year for 51.7%
JAX went 14/27 on 4th down this year for 51.9%

Both teams were in the top 10 for 4th down attempts, but neither in the top 5. It's an interesting list seeing where teams rank.

I’ve mentioned in bunch those post of mine you keep bashing, maybe reading comprehension isn’t your thing?

I asked as opposed to going back to multiple threads to find multiple posts to see exactly what was said. I figured it was quicker and easier.

Staley and Pederson have always seemed very similar in their "gambling/risk taking" with respect to 4th down. Peterson really 'got the ball rolling' back in Philly, and the push back criticism he received was plenty...some warranted I'm sure, some not so much. Heard this the other day, but it's kinda eerie how close they were this year on 4th down decisions and the fact they're matched up in the first round here...

I’ve never bashed him a ton for his risk taking. The 1st year was redic; you can’t go on your own damn 30! But I’ve given him credit for dialing that back. I like aggression and risk taking, not to extent he was doing at beginning but he hasn’t been as awful bout that this year: There another huge difference in the 2, pederson teams have a identity: Staley team doesn’t feel like it has one outside “bail us out Herbert”.

He was a Dc For all of one year. But true to chargers owners they love to be cheap and any young kid around Mcvey was thought to have some genius also: they could have hired Daboll, you telling me chargers wouldn’t be significantly better the last 2 years w Daboll?

I’ve never bashed him a ton for his risk taking. The 1st year was redic; you can’t go on your own damn 30! But I’ve given him credit for dialing that back. I like aggression and risk taking, not to extent he was doing at beginning but he hasn’t been as awful bout that this year: There another huge difference in the 2, pederson teams have a identity: Staley team doesn’t feel like it has one outside “bail us out Herbert”.

You have, I've already mentioned that.

But this isn't really a thing, but if we think it is, it's definitely not quantifiable. This "identity" is something that the talking heads on TV we all love to mock use as a catch phrase, a cliche.

You have, I've already mentioned that.

But this isn't really a thing, but if we think it is, it's definitely not quantifiable. This "identity" is something that the talking heads on TV we all love to mock use as a catch phrase, a cliche.

I disagree but it not my main reason for bashing him. When he was the dc for 1 year he had Arron Donald so yea, it prob worked allocating less guys to stopping the run, Donald’s don’t grow on trees tho, you gotta coach to your personal and he hasn’t had the dudes to hold up with 6 guys against the run game. The fact he refuses to come off that and continually lets his teams get gashed is awful coaching. His oc isn’t very good either, Herbert bails them out on 3rd down a ton. Nothing im saying bout him hasn’t been co-signed by a lot of smart football ppl. I find it unfathomable you don’t think he has underachieved with this roster. This a super bowl roster and he will never sniff that game. He doesn’t play his guys in preseason so then why would last week make a ounce of sense? The guy is just winging it on the fly.

He was a Dc For all of one year. But true to chargers owners they love to be cheap and any young kid around Mcvey was thought to have some genius also: they could have hired Daboll, you telling me chargers wouldn’t be significantly better the last 2 years w Daboll?
I have no idea if they'd be better, let alone significantly better, if Daboll was hired in 2021 instead of Staley. Nobody knows that, nobody could know that. To me, that's not relevant.

I'm not sure I understand the "cheap" point though...how much more do you think Daboll would have cost them? Daboll is tied for the lowest paid coach in the league (apparently this info is tough to get as you'll see a bunch of coaches, including Staley under "unknown") at 4 million/year along with Stefanski and McCarthy.

How 13 coaches salaries are unknown seems a bit odd to me.

I disagree but it not my main reason for bashing him. When he was the dc for 1 year he had Arron Donald so yea, it prob worked allocating less guys to stopping the run, Donald’s don’t grow on trees tho, you gotta coach to your personal and he hasn’t had the dudes to hold up with 6 guys against the run game. The fact he refuses to come off that and continually lets his teams get gashed is awful coaching. His oc isn’t very good either, Herbert bails them out on 3rd down a ton. Nothing im saying bout him hasn’t been co-signed by a lot of smart football ppl. I find it unfathomable you don’t think he has underachieved with this roster. This a super bowl roster and he will never sniff that game. He doesn’t play his guys in preseason so then why would last week make a ounce of sense? The guy is just winging it on the fly.

When did I say I didn't think he's underachieved? Jeebus again.

When did I say I didn't think he's underachieved? Jeebus again.

If you think he has underachieved then what the point of all this? Just arguing for the sake of? The dude was seriously under qualified, has proven he in over his head, continues to do things that make it harder on his team than easier. The only important thing in this thread pertaining to him is be careful backing chargers cause he will be out coached and bet Etienne rush yards over.

If you think he has underachieved then what the point of all this? Just arguing for the sake of? The dude was seriously under qualified, has proven he in over his head, continues to do things that make it harder on his team than easier. The only important thing in this thread pertaining to him is be careful backing chargers cause he will be out coached and bet Etienne rush yards over.

I just said he wasn’t awful as a HC.

Is it not possible for someone to have under-achieved without being a fucking horrible, awful, worst ever hire, fucking moron who should be fired? I think it is. I guess this is where we differ. It’s not the end of the world.

I just said he wasn’t awful as a HC.

Is it not possible for someone to have under-achieved without being a fucking horrible, awful, worst ever hire, fucking moron who should be fired? I think it is. I guess this is where we differ. It’s not the end of the world.

I guess that where the disconnect is. I do think if you underachieve w a loaded roster It does in fact make you awful. playing his guys and losing to donks was moronic. Of course if you underachieve you should be fired? Why else would one get fired? That the very reason coaches get fired! He wasn’t qualified to begin with amd has since proven to be the wrong choice, if that not grounds to get canned I dunno what is? You put Sean peyton coaching this team they be playing for championships..

I guess that where the disconnect is. I do think if you underachieve w a loaded roster It does in fact make you awful. playing his guys and losing to donks was moronic. Of course if you underachieve you should be fired? Why else would one get fired? That the very reason coaches get fired! He wasn’t qualified to begin with amd has since proven to be the wrong choice, if that not grounds to get canned I dunno what is? You put Sean peyton coaching this team they be playing for championships..

If "under-achieiving" was the sole metric for which coaches were fired, there would be 31 coaches fired after every season.

Yes, I think a coach can under-acheive (by whatever metrics you're using too, go ahead) and still not be not only the worst hire ever, awful, horrible moron but also one where *that* description needs to be bought up (with paragraphs) every time said coaches name is mentioned.

If "under-achieiving" was the sole metric for which coaches were fired, there would be 31 coaches fired after every season.

Yes, I think a coach can under-acheive (by whatever metrics you're using too, go ahead) and still not be not only the worst hire ever, awful, horrible moron but also one where *that* description needs to be bought up (with paragraphs) every time said coaches name is mentioned.

I don’t follow you around telling you what you should or shouldn’t post so maybe just extend me the same curtesy. He must be your cousin or something, he should send you a card for so valiantly running to his defense. 31 coaches didn’t under-achieve, that a redic comment. Only bout 5 coaches been handed a team w the talent he has wasted.

I don’t follow you around telling you what you should or shouldn’t post so maybe just extend me the same curtesy. He must be your cousin or something, he should send you a card for so valiantly running to his defense.

Good grief Bank.

I am extending you the same courtesy. We are literally fucking discussing it for fuck's sake.

Certainly not an excuse for any team (and again the playoffs haven't even started so we know nothing of the outcomes), but the Chargers had some insanely bad injury luck this season. Bosa, for starters, was out from Week 4 until Week 17. Again, this is NOT an excuse but simply a fact that actually took place (the injuries) and obviously needs to be looked at when determining anything imo.

Back to the games...

Josh Allen has thrown for 2+ TD passes in the past 10 games vs. the Dolphins.

Bills by a billion.

Agree w that.

I don’t even know who gonna win chargers/jags, I think it the toughest side to predict. Etienne rush props, Keenan Allen props, eckler rec yards should all be good.

@VirginiaCavs jags have struggled w slot receivers havnt they? Wish I woulda got Allen before Williams got ruled out cause he went up 5 yards or so but feel like jags struggle w slot so 80 is prob still low for him

@VirginiaCavs jags have struggled w slot receivers havnt they? Wish I woulda got Allen before Williams got ruled out cause he went up 5 yards or so but feel like jags struggle w slot so 80 is prob still low for him
I don‘t think it specific to slot receivers, i‘d say good receivers in general do well against Jax. Jax has one good corner but he young and developing

A SF (provided it is 9.5 or less)/Cin/Jax 3 team 7 point teaser (+120) seems like an interesting one if you’re into teasers.

Seems super odd Louisiana wouldn’t be Cinci

Stl Is on cincy right here! We do have bunch of kc fans tho. I’m bout that money and I think Burrow is money, when it all said and done I think burrow will have more chips than mahomes or Allen. Although I don’t love this game w ravens with their oline banged up.

Remember when I didn’t like him and said he was product of lsu? Lol

I used to play dogs on this weekend . I have a problem this year even with the large spreads.

Hard to believe there are not more cowboy fans in Louisiana. I guess the non-saints fans are atlanta or texans? But bills makes little sense.
North LA and even West LA used to be Cowboy country when I was younger.

Shit I think they even used to get Cowboy games and not Saints

Chargers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 meetings in Jacksonville

Chargers are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 meetings.

Over is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings.

Favorite is 8-3 ATS in their last 11 meetings.

So we should factor the Blake Bortles era into our handicapping today?

It hard not to like the over. I think chargers defensive resurgence is a bit fugazi considering the garbage offenses they have faced down the stretch, I think jags will be able to score and I’m quite positive chargers will hang a number, both getting to 24 wouldn’t shock me at all.

Back