AFC Wildcard Round Discussion Thread

I think if you like ravens you probably should look at bengals team total under. I just don’t see how ravens hang in a game where cincy scores more than 24? Since their week 10 bye ravens only scored in the 20s once, 17 once, and 6 games of 16 or less. There very little chance I see them pushing bengals d around, they have nothing on the outside at wr, it either a testament to the d and coaching or just proof of how garbage this league is they were able to go 4-4 playing this way, Cincy just in another class, the only reason I have any hesitation cause it a division game and maybe ravens are able to ugly it up in which case it has to be a dead under I’d think.

Well maybe not Edwards, I just read he left last week w head injury so who knows if he be able to play? I think dobbins fine tho, last week was just precautionary, they weren’t gonna go all out for a coin flip chance of being home this week.

13 pt teasers did me right this past weekend, oddly enough. Stayed away from meaningless games. No real feel for the NFC games yet but played this & feel very good about it. I loath crossing 0 but in the bigger teasers it's not as much a BFD as with 6 pts.
UGA O50 ✓
LAC/Jax O33
Cin +7.5
Buf +3

Did I just hear ravens gave that defensive dude they got in trade from bears a monster contract today? What the fuck are they doing? Trying to alienate Lamar? I’ve always thought ravens were a really well run team but they have made a mess of this shit and it costing them any chance of doing anything in these playoffs.

Imo there no damn way cincy is 5th, they been pretty much unbeatable for 2 months. They beat kc (for 3rd time in 2 years) who somehow rated ahead of them? I know I’ll get pushback but I think they were on their way to beating bills when game got stopped. 5th? My ass. Are we holding the 1st month against them when Burrow was still getting acclimated after missing a lot of camp and preseason cause his appendix? Them and niners 1a and 1b on my list,

Tyreek starting to chirp a bit, that makes me wonder is Tua really considering playing? I didn’t think there was any chance but I can’t believe Tyreek feeling confident with skylar Thompson!

As much I think Tua should think bout never playing again if he does play im not sure bills should be laying double digits, I thought bills would blast them last meeting and they pulled it out but miani looked like the better team for a large parts of that game.

Imo there no damn way cincy is 5th, they been pretty much unbeatable for 2 months. They beat kc (for 3rd time in 2 years) who somehow rated ahead of them? I know I’ll get pushback but I think they were on their way to beating bills when game got stopped. 5th? My ass. Are we holding the 1st month against them when Burrow was still getting acclimated after missing a lot of camp and preseason cause his appendix? Them and niners 1a and 1b on my list,
Bengals were defnitely on their way to controlling the game with Buffalo. I didn't realize a Bills/Bengals game would be played in Buffalo. What a fucking farce that is. Bills played the Demar situation to their full advantage. Dirty as fuck.

Bengals were defnitely on their way to controlling the game with Buffalo. I didn't realize a Bills/Bengals game would be played in Buffalo. What a fucking farce that is. Bills played the Demar situation to their full advantage. Dirty as fuck.

Like Burrow said, why the hell did they have to beat ravens to avoid a coin flip but they not getting the same coin flip consideration w bills? In reality I see no damn reason why if bills/kc would be a neutral a cincy/bills shouldn’t also be a neutral site? All that said I think it just put a bigger chip on who I think the best teams shoulders, I don’t think it matters where they play, they can go to arrowhead and win last year they can go to bills and knock them off also!!

Playing devil's advocate a little bit, I lean Chargers. They've had quite a bit of injuries and they are a classic case of getting healthy at the right time - Bosa, James, Williams, and Slater is 50/50. This has shootout/ and the over written on it. Jaguars were a bottom 3 in strenght of schedule, Chargers somewhere in the mid 20s.

Etienne prop seems obvious, Herbert yards. Over.

Like Burrow said, why the hell did they have to beat ravens to avoid a coin flip but they not getting the same coin flip consideration w bills? In reality I see no damn reason why if bills/kc would be a neutral a cincy/bills shouldn’t also be a neutral site? All that said I think it just put a bigger chip on who I think the best teams shoulders, I don’t think it matters where they play, they can go to arrowhead and win last year they can go to bills and knock them off also!!
Yeah you can't have it both ways but apparently the Bills can. LOL what a joke the NFL is for allowing this. How is this even possible?Bengals/Bills should definitely be a neutral site game. I didn't learn about this until today.

The Bengals are a better team than Buffalo though. Far more balanced and I suspect they'll beat Buffalo with surprising ease just as they were on pace to do on that Monday night.

Playing devil's advocate a little bit, I lean Chargers. They've had quite a bit of injuries and they are a classic case of getting healthy at the right time - Bosa, James, Williams, and Slater is 50/50. This has shootout/ and the over written on it. Jaguars were a bottom 3 in strenght of schedule, Chargers somewhere in the mid 20s.

Etienne prop seems obvious, Herbert yards. Over.
Winning the division and being a playoff team automatically makes Jacksonville's season a success no matter what happens on Saturday. I know they hammered the Chargers in the regular season but I'm skeptical they can do it again.

Yeah you can't have it both ways but apparently the Bills can. LOL what a joke the NFL is for allowing this. How is this even possible?Bengals/Bills should definitely be a neutral site game. I didn't learn about this until today.

The Bengals are a better team than Buffalo though. Far more balanced and I suspect they'll beat Buffalo with surprising ease just as they were on pace to do on that Monday night.

I think the reason is because Buff and Cinci played the same amount of games at 16, and the Bills ended up with the better record.

I’m not saying I agree with the decision, but that’s why they did what they did.

Winning the division and being a playoff team automatically makes Jacksonville's season a success no matter what happens on Saturday. I know they hammered the Chargers in the regular season but I'm skeptical they can do it again.

I don’t think you can take much from the 1st meeting, pretty sure chargers were a mash unit when they played the 1st time, don’t think either Allen or Williams played and they were prob missing others also. I do think you can take away jags did rush for bout 150 on them, I fully expect that to happen again, Etienne gonna go off, I dunno if that means they win or not tho? I think this the toughest wild card game to predict. Well, Dallas/tampa a total nightmare also, lol.

I see the line just dropped to Buff. -8.

Maybe Tua is playing...

Maybe just some bets on Miami with the wishful thinking he will play as nothing has been decided yet. He’s still on step 3 of the 5 step concussion protocol, and isn’t expected to be looked at until tomorrow at the earliest. It’s also not even a certainty Miami allows him to play if/when he clears the protocol.

I also have 9 at my shops, if you have 8 bet Buffalo now. It doesn’t sound likely for Tua and if/when he’s declared out that line will go back to 10, maybe even more.

Maybe just some bets on Miami with the wishful thinking he will play as nothing has been decided yet. He’s still on step 3 of the 5 step concussion protocol, and isn’t expected to be looked at until tomorrow at the earliest. It’s also not even a certainty Miami allows him to play if/when he clears the protocol.

I also have 9 at my shops, if you have 8 bet Buffalo now. It doesn’t sound likely for Tua and if/when he’s declared out that line will go back to 10, maybe even more.

The Tyreek comments what made me think Tua could maybe actually play. I’m shocked it even being considered, kid gonna be a freaking vegetable by time he 40! He really needs to reevaluate his life. Oh Miami won’t stop him, don’t let them lie to you and pretend they give 2 fucks about these players.

The Tyreek comments what made me think Tua could maybe actually play. I’m shocked it even being considered, kid gonna be a freaking vegetable by time he 40! He really needs to reevaluate his life. Oh Miami won’t stop him, don’t let them lie to you and pretend they give 2 fucks about these players.
Dolphins moneyline.

Listen if the doctors clear him and he’s done everything as far as NFL protocols go, why would the team stop him? At the end of the day Tua himself would clear himself if he could and would want to play after clearing the protocol, so it seems odd to place the blame on the team itself. I’m all about protecting players but if the player is willing to play, the responsibility is over at that point for the team (again, provided he passes the tests and finishes the protocol per the doctors).

I don’t have the stones for that. They did outplay bills for large portions of the last meeting but still don’t buy it, bills gonna get the pats treatment after 9-11, lol.
It's kind of interesting that the Bills have gone from around +175ish to win the AFC to +210. That's not a marginal line move considering they won't have to go to KC and any other team has to visit Buffalo. Has to make you think they might not get there.

It's kind of interesting that the Bills have gone from around +175ish to win the AFC to +210. That's not a marginal line move considering they won't have to go to KC and any other team has to visit Buffalo. Has to make you think they might not get there.

I don’t think they get there, mostly cause the bengals tho, I’d be really surprised if they beat cincy then kc, they will def have earned it if they make it.

I could much more easily be convinced to somehow back the Ravens with a 7 and Huntley than I would a rusty Lamar and 4.5
If you are betting Ravens you are betting a low scoring game so that makes sense to me and I think Lamar is an amazing NFL QB.

In other news, I am trying out for the WR position next month at open ravens tryouts.

If you are betting Ravens you are betting a low scoring game so that makes sense to me and I think Lamar is an amazing NFL QB.

In other news, I am trying out for the WR position next month at open ravens tryouts.

I dunno what more tragic, then not paying lamar or the trash they put at wr around him?

You act like the Bills actually made this request to the league. The NFL didn't ALLOW anything, they made the decision. Buffalo had nothing to do with it. The Bengals were looking like the better team that night, but the game was only about 10 minutes old! Green Bay looked like the better team for most of the first half against the Lions, and we all saw how that played out. Pretty unfair to try saying the Bills used Hamlin's situation to their advantage. Do you honestly believe they lobbied the NFL for a favor, while not knowing whether their player was going to live or die? WTF.

Early Public teams (+60% of bets) in NFL Wild Card at @BetMGM

91% of bets on Bengals -6.5
79% on Bills -10.5
77% on 49ers -10
68% on Chargers -1
63% on Vikings -3

Early Public teams (+60% of bets) in NFL Wild Card at @BetMGM

91% of bets on Bengals -6.5
79% on Bills -10.5
77% on 49ers -10
68% on Chargers -1
63% on Vikings -3

Pleasantly surprised there more on Vikings, I was afraid giants be a popular doggy. Nothing on cowboys/tampa?

You act like the Bills actually made this request to the league. The NFL didn't ALLOW anything, they made the decision. Buffalo had nothing to do with it. The Bengals were looking like the better team that night, but the game was only about 10 minutes old! Green Bay looked like the better team for most of the first half against the Lions, and we all saw how that played out. Pretty unfair to try saying the Bills used Hamlin's situation to their advantage. Do you honestly believe they lobbied the NFL for a favor, while not knowing whether their player was going to live or die? WTF.

In fairness to bengals they actually get better as the game gets deeper, unlike the packers who have become known for folding when the going gets tough. im not gonna say 100% they were gonna win cause who freaking knows, either team coulda ran off the next 20+ but I think the odds were better than not since they had early control and bengals tendency of being excellent after halftime. I’m certainly not co-signing anything bout bills having anything to do with it, I’m sure they didn’t, I just think nfl kinda hosed cincy in the deal. It was really about forcing them to win last week to avoid a coin flip w ravens where my problem lies, had they not did that and simply went by win percentage then I’d be fine with bills 2 cincy 3 and their potential gane in Buffalo. Then if bills were to meet kc it be in kc based off win percentage. It feels like nfl gave bills concessions or benefit of the doubt where they did no such thing for the bengals. I think that why you hear some bitterness but I agree with you it’s misguided to aim it at Buffalo as I doubt they had any say other than voting on what the league came up with.

FYI: by time they came up with this everyone knew Hamlin was gonna be ok, you being a tad dramatic.

Last edited:
Amd it not teddy B either, man I shoulda got some while it was down under -10! That a freaking lock! Now it -13 and prob be -14, skyler Thompson might not be a legit XFL starter! This gonna be a beat down. I had no idea teddy b wouldn’t be able to play either!
Any chance Bills get caught looking ahead to the next round?

I grabbed some when it dropped to 8 but I'm more upset I didn't play a huge open teaser at that point

Freaking Tyreek made me think Tua was for sure gomma play. I didn’t think he get all mouthy with that bum skylar Thompson throwing him passes. Guess he can’t help himself, lol

How Did Anyone Seriously Think Tua?! Especially After All His Head Trauma And What Happened In CINN...

I was the 1st to say (well me and bar) there was no chance Tua play but then Tyreek started talking, some sketchy reports bout him clearing came out, and line dipped, I was shocked it was even a possibility but seems now it was just lip service. I truly hope Tua thinks long and hard about never playing again, I don’t wanna see him as a vegetable at 40. That just sad.

There was plenty of time in the following week to say the Bills weren't permitted to attain the one seed cleanly due to the game being cancelled, therefore KC-Buf is neutral and also that the Bengals weren't permitted the right to attain the two seed that was within their grasp therefore any Cincy-Buffalo game is on a neutral site. I don't see how any Bills fan could have an issue with this but they seem more than fine with getting the best of both worlds.

I don’t want to get into a big beef here, but Cincy was under the impression the game would be the next day/Wednesday when they left the stadium. And Buffalo took it upon themselves to change course and go home. The NFL did allow this to not be a forfeit. I’m not here to debate whether Buffalo SHOULD have played. I’m here to say Cincy got screwed by being kind to Buffalo. Hence why Cincy was apoplectic with regards to the ruling. If they complained sooner, they look like assholes.

I don’t want to get into a big beef here, but Cincy was under the impression the game would be the next day/Wednesday when they left the stadium. And Buffalo took it upon themselves to change course and go home. The NFL did allow this to not be a forfeit. I’m not here to debate whether Buffalo SHOULD have played. I’m here to say Cincy got screwed by being kind to Buffalo. Hence why Cincy was apoplectic with regards to the ruling. If they complained sooner, they look like assholes.
My response had nothing to do with whether Cincinnati got shafted or not. Personally I think they probably did. I was objecting to the assertion that Buffalo somehow used the unfortunate situation to get the NFL to do something it otherwise had no intention of doing. You say Buffalo left town on their own with no input from the league, which I find hard to imagine. Never heard a mention of that in any of the dozens of talk shows, or articles I've read relating to the incident. Even if true, there's no way that game was getting played Tuesday or Wednesday. NFL said as much, but even if they did consider that, I'm sure that line of thinking was abandoned almost immediately. First of all, it would have been grossly unfair to both teams. Both would have had to play again 4 days later & it could very well have been must wins for both. If Buffalo would have come back to win, they would have needed to win again Sunday for home field & the Bengals would have needed to win for the division & a home playoff game. The fairest thing to do would have been to play the game from the point of the Hamlin's heart attack this weekend & push the playoffs back by eliminating the bye between the championship games and the Super Bowl. I'm assuming the NFL made a business decision & decided they didn't want to give up an extra week of hype and ad revenue. No solution here was going to be fair to everyone involved.

Back