AFC Championship Game: Titans at Chiefs

Yessir. I’m all Tennessee everything. Should be a good game, but I think KC pulls it out and probably covers as well. We’ll see if Titans can keep the magic going

I don’t like Tennessee as a td dog here.

I think Chiefs are finally healthy and they look pretty great

It’s simple. I fully expect both teams to move the ball up and down the field. Kc cannot stop the run, not what you want with King Henry coming to town. I believe he had over 180 yards when they played earlier this year in a last second Titan win (a game they probably should have lost). On the flip side, Tenn pass defense is it’s weakness, which is bad news going up against all those weapons for kc. Which defense will be able to make the big play? The key stop? Force the other team out of their comfort zone?

The Titans are probably going to play a lot of zone, letting KC move between the 20s (Kelce and Hill are a problem for us), and do what they do, try to stiffen in close, force KC to kick FGs, and on offense be efficient, pound away with the best RB in football, let Tannehill make some key plays, and come away with red zone TDs.

I personally see this as a 4th q game either way, Kc is very tough to beat, especially at home, but the Titans have did have success offensively vs them both on the ground and in the air in their earlier matchup, struggled on d, but got the close win. There’s just something special about this team right now, and Henry is just on another level right now. No reason to think they can’t do it again imo

KC isn't losing this game. The SF/KC teaser really is the nuts this week IMO.

Under 52 and especially the 1H Under are going to be good plays too I think. Titans 4th road game in a row. Won in NE as a dog and then BAL as a dog. Henry running 30+ times every game for 180+ is not physically sustainable. I expect the Titans to just be physically and emotionally spent here. KC off that wild game last week. I'd look for a much slower pace/conservative plan early. KC wins something like 24-13 or 27-16.

KC isn't losing this game. The SF/KC teaser really is the nuts this week IMO.

Under 52 and especially the 1H Under are going to be good plays too I think. Titans 4th road game in a row. Won in NE as a dog and then BAL as a dog. Henry running 30+ times every game for 180+ is not physically sustainable. I expect the Titans to just be physically and emotionally spent here. KC off that wild game last week. I'd look for a much slower pace/conservative plan early. KC wins something like 24-13 or 27-16.

Man, people continue to give Tennessee no respect. This team is just built different. Henry is fresh, he can carry the ball all day. That’s not a concern. People doubted them at NE, no one thought they could win in Baltimore, now kc is a shoe in for the SB. Laughable. Why is Tennessee more emotionally spent than KC? We were never in danger yesterday, KC had to dig out of a 24 point deficit, that had to take a toll on them? No? Not to mention the added pressure they will have can they win the big game? Everyone banking on them to win? Knowing they already lost to Tennessee this year and couldn’t come close to stopping Henry, who is balling even more now than he was back then. Please lord please continue to count us out. I’m not saying we win this game, but to say we have no shot is ridiculous. It’s coming down to a late defensive stop imo. Who gets it is the question.

Interesting, probably high scoring game...?
Holding a +2000 Tenn to win AFC ticket but will be hedging to some extent for sure.

Over over over. Healthy KC at home is good for 35+ against any defense, and the Titans play action game can be dynamic here too / they need to if they want to hang.

I think Vrabel will watch last week’s tape plus their game earlier this season and come in understanding that bully ball won’t work here, you’re gonna have to try your hardest to just outscore them.

Btw unlike the Texans, the Titans are legit right now. Nothing fraudulent about them.

I’m sitting on Chiefs AFC 8/1 and took the 7.5 to offset my initial risk, might even have a chance to hit both.

Both Ds will get shredded by their weaknesses. KC may have trouble stopping the run and Titans pass D is very suspect.

Although, Titans did win the last 2 matchups with KC; which is also motivation for the Chiefs. This Titan's team is very special this year and they've bought into Vrable's attitude. They have the bend but don't break rule and will try to make this game ugly.

It was more of Billy's game to lose on some horrendous play calling. Up 24pts and going for it on 4th down really killed them, the series of plays changed the momentum. Something to think about, KC coming from behind and keeping the foot on the gas is an added bonus for watching tape and coming up with schemes.

The truth is this... the Jets are closer to winning a SB than the Titans are... I don't buy into any of this phenomenon.

Hard nosed team with a hot running back. But this is an 8-8 team.

By weighted DVOA, they’re the 4th best team in the NFL.

By weighted DVOA, they’re the 4th best team in the NFL.

I know... they're a solid team and playing exceptionally well. I guess I just can't get behind them at the right times. Played AWFUL @ home vs. Texans a month ago with the division on the line. Then I was against them last 2 weeks. So sort of one of those situations.

I look at the human element.
They go into NE, nobody thinks they can win, and they beat the goat.
Now they excited! "We Beat Brady In NE! We Can Beat Balt! Everyone Says They The Favorite To Win The SB! Nobody Believes In Us BUT US!"
Go into Balt and kick their ass.
Now to K.C. "No one thought we could beat Brady In NE! We Did! No one thought we could beat LJ in Balt, Yet We Did! Now everyone is already crowning K.C. The AFC Champ! Are We Gonna Roll Over And Give Up NOW?!"

No. They Won't. Throw out all the numbers and why K.C. is better.
I'll take the team that believes in itself and riding a high like no other.

---Vap :shake:

Triple revenge for KC....all 3 games in the last 3 years were heart breakers that the Chiefs dominated for the most part and then blew it. Won't have an impact on Sunday but there is definitely some karma here for Chiefs fans. I think we'll need 30+ to win.

Listen, what the Titans have done the last couple weeks has been outstanding. Sleeping on them would be silly.

It isn't that I don't believe in Tennessee. I bet on them the last two weeks. Very grateful.

Hottest team though? Believing in themselves and riding high?--- Some of you are describing the Chiefs. Since Mahomes returned? 8-1. That loss was to the Titans in a game that featured a fumble returned for a TD and a blocked kick. And the Chiefs had a 95% chance to win the game with 2:00 to go. They beat themselves and shat themselves on the final defensive drive.

Tannehill under pressure? Ranked 32nd. He will be under pressure all game and that box will be stacked beyond belief.

This was an ideal outcome for the Chiefs (convince me their path was easier some other way, I'll listen) and a better offense, defense, ST and coach will carry the day.

Keep running your mouth fellas about Andy Reid. Unless your coach is named Bill Belichick, he's better than your coach. Can't win in the playoffs? 6th most playoff wins all time. Don Shula, for reference, barely had a .500 record in the playoffs. Perhaps no coach is regarded higher by his peers for his abilities than Reid. Perhaps it's because about 25% learned under him. Dude is a Hall of Famer. Pipe down.

Listen, what the Titans have done the last couple weeks has been outstanding. Sleeping on them would be silly.

It isn't that I don't believe in Tennessee. I bet on them the last two weeks. Very grateful.

Hottest team though? Believing in themselves and riding high?--- Some of you are describing the Chiefs. Since Mahomes returned? 8-1. That loss was to the Titans in a game that featured a fumble returned for a TD and a blocked kick. And the Chiefs had a 95% chance to win the game with 2:00 to go. They beat themselves and shat themselves on the final defensive drive.

Tannehill under pressure? Ranked 32nd. He will be under pressure all game and that box will be stacked beyond belief.

This was an ideal outcome for the Chiefs (convince me their path was easier some other way, I'll listen) and a better offense, defense, ST and coach will carry the day.

Keep running your mouth fellas about Andy Reid. Unless your coach is named Bill Belichick, he's better than your coach. Can't win in the playoffs? 6th most playoff wins all time. Don Shula, for reference, barely had a .500 record in the playoffs. Perhaps no coach is regarded higher by his peers for his abilities than Reid. Perhaps it's because about 25% learned under him. Dude is a Hall of Famer. Pipe down.
1578947772396.png

Think Cap's point is that was a long time ago and the defense has improved. Otherwise, HOU could have gone with same game plan as earlier in the year and won, especially with a 24-0 lead. Its going to about Tannehill in this game, not Henry if they want to win and red zone defense. Tannehill will not win this game passing for 88. He's going to have to utilize the two freaks, Jonnu and AJB.

I wouldn't take the fat man over King Kyle.

That's cool. How'd King Kyle look directing Brian Hoyer, CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens out of curiosity.... Howd the Fat Man look with Kevin Kolb, Nick Foles, Matt Moore, Alex Smith...

Kyle is top 5. I like him. I'm not putting him anywhere near Andy at this point.

Think Cap's point is that was a long time ago and the defense has improved. Otherwise, HOU could have gone with same game plan as earlier in the year and won, especially with a 24-0 lead. Its going to about Tannehill in this game, not Henry if they want to win and red zone defense. Tannehill will not win this game passing for 88. He's going to have to utilize the two freaks, Jonnu and AJB.

Anyone who looks at the Chiefs while Mahomes was hurt (ankle then knee) and while the D got healthy and learned Spags' schemes is as idiotic as those who judge the Titans on the Mariota games.

Detroit is right in what I am saying

It’s simple. I fully expect both teams to move the ball up and down the field. Kc cannot stop the run, not what you want with King Henry coming to town. I believe he had over 180 yards when they played earlier this year in a last second Titan win (a game they probably should have lost). On the flip side, Tenn pass defense is it’s weakness, which is bad news going up against all those weapons for kc. Which defense will be able to make the big play? The key stop? Force the other team out of their comfort zone?

The Titans are probably going to play a lot of zone, letting KC move between the 20s (Kelce and Hill are a problem for us), and do what they do, try to stiffen in close, force KC to kick FGs, and on offense be efficient, pound away with the best RB in football, let Tannehill make some key plays, and come away with red zone TDs.

I personally see this as a 4th q game either way, Kc is very tough to beat, especially at home, but the Titans have did have success offensively vs them both on the ground and in the air in their earlier matchup, struggled on d, but got the close win. There’s just something special about this team right now, and Henry is just on another level right now. No reason to think they can’t do it again imo

They defying logic winning these games with less than 10 freakin completions. Feel like they turned back the clock crazy like. That’s it, I’m pounding titans and putting a end to this shit! That should take care of them! Sorry. Lol

@Capaholic Now, if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But let them play the game first, before we start stroking Mahomes and Andy off as the greatest thing since sliced bread. :shake:

I don’t recall saying anything about Mahomes in a praiseworthy fashion this week. And all of my Reid comments yesterday and today have been in response to other posters. To live as a Chiefs fan is to live with disappointment. I wouldn’t crown KC ever until I physically see the trophy in Clark Hunts hands

One thing about KC... I doubt they spend the first quarter stepping on their own dicks like they did against Houston. That put a scare into them and I think they’ll remember and come out hot.

KC 1H anyone?

I would think the Chiefs would take a page out of the Patriots Super Bowl strategy from last season. I think you will see some quarters based formations and a 5-1 look in some cases up front. This will allow for you to flood the box on runs but also be ready for play action. If they can even remotely get inside the head of the Titans and make Tannehill have to be a drop back passer, this will be a huge key to their success.

easier said than done but they’d be wise to follow that blueprint

I don’t recall saying anything about Mahomes in a praiseworthy fashion this week. And all of my Reid comments yesterday and today have been in response to other posters. To live as a Chiefs fan is to live with disappointment. I wouldn’t crown KC ever until I physically see the trophy in Clark Hunts hands
Speaking of Clark, the TV took a shot of owner's box last game. One of the best looking women I've ever seen was standing to his right - blonde, red coat. Wow! Made me a Chiefs fan b/c hope to see her more as we progress.

Speaking of Clark, the TV took a shot of owner's box last game. One of the best looking women I've ever seen was standing to his right - blonde, red coat. Wow! Made me a Chiefs fan b/c hope to see her more as we progress.
4CEFE98A-0250-4150-8082-FF05F54DD3F9.jpeg

30CD106F-A2A0-4692-8309-ACC4B4BE0D62.jpeg

His son looks like a fucking dweeb.
Dweeb that will own a football team one day. I am pretty sure he ain't getting wedgies and can pull all the tail he wants.

I actually met Gracie at the KC Fashion Week event that above photo was taken at (one of my BF's wife is a designer that attends), holy moly. Aside from the whole Drew Locke mistake she is top notch

Back