Advo Care Bowl Discussion (BC v. Arizona)

Both teams want to run the ball. And both teams don't really want to throw the ball. BC has the more well-known RB, Williams, but Zona also has a NFL-caliber RB, Carey, who doesn't get as much attention playing out west. I've seen Carey a few times...he's right up there with Williams.

[TABLE="class: lines, width: 584"]

<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]

[TD]Tue 12/31[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]239 Boston College[/TD]

[TD]<input name="S1_4" id="editx" size="4"> +7 +105[/TD]

[TD]<input name="M1_4" id="editx" size="4"> +255 [/TD]

[TD]<input name="L1_4" id="editx" size="4"> o56½ -108 [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]

[TR="class: linesRowBot"]

[TD]12:30PM [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]240 Arizona U[/TD]

[TD]<input name="S2_4" id="editx" size="4"> -7 -115 [/TD]

[TD]<input name="M2_4" id="editx" size="4"> -280 [/TD]

[TD]<input name="L2_4" id="editx" size="4"> u56½ -102 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Both offenses score around 30 PPG, with BC averaging more yards per play. As discussed above, BC's RB is known for breaking long runs.

Overall, I'd say these 2 offenses are DEAD EVEN.

Zona rush D worse away from home: giving up nearly 190 rushing yards per game on road. This game will be played in Louisiana.

Both QB's have similar (mediocre) stats. Neither is going to win this game for their teams.

Denker gets a big edge in my capping. Rushed for something like 900 yards and his dual threat ability is pretty devastating to defenses.. Had some decently efficient games passing as well.. Tho also had a few clunkers.. Hard to go thru a PAC10 schedule without some clunkers tho for every team..

Denker gets a big edge in my capping. Rushed for something like 900 yards and his dual threat ability is pretty devastating to defenses.. Had some decently efficient games passing as well.. Tho also had a few clunkers.. Hard to go thru a PAC10 schedule without some clunkers tho for every team..

Yea 2 different styles...Zona goes with the spread attack. In terms of pure passing though, I think both QB's are even.

against anyone that resembled a good team, BC was mostly not competitive (USC,clem, NC, FSU) and in 3 of those losses they scored 7,10, 14 points... Ariz resembles a good team

against anyone that resembled a good team, BC was mostly not competitive (USC,clem, NC, FSU) and in 3 of those losses they scored 7,10, 14 points... Ariz resembles a good team

If you like the over it would be a concern with BC giving you much help to get there, on paper

I've never heard of this bowl before. This is the early 12:30pm est start. I'll post thoughts. Please do the same.

This is the long-going classic "Independence Bowl"...being played at Independence Stadium in Shreveport. One of the oldest bowls out there, been played since 1976...just the name change with the sponsorship. Similar to the Chick-fil-a Bowl which was simply known as the Peach Bowl forever.

:shake:

This is the long-going classic "Independence Bowl"...being played at Independence Stadium in Shreveport. One of the oldest bowls out there, been played since 1976...just the name change with the sponsorship. Similar to the Chick-fil-a Bowl which was simply known as the Peach Bowl forever.

sucks the original names eventually disappeared on some of these smaller bowls over time..

Under looks interesting with it being an early start and both teams liking to run the ball

Was already thinking under myself, plus, with 12 straight bowl unders I suppose you simply ride the streak (still can't believe TT/ASU still didn't go over 71 with 54 pts on the board and the entire 2h left to play...6 pts in the final 28 minutes, really???). I agree, the clock should be rolling the entire game with Williams and Carey both getting heavy workloads.

Thanks

safer play to the over would seem to be Zona TT, but 31.5 is also a cheek tightner

I'm doing my best to practice money management today, but you guys saying BC can't score, do realize they are 2nd in the nation in red zone scoring percentage right?

BC wins this game. They are the better team, and come in rolling, whereas Zona does not.

I'm doing my best to practice money management today, but you guys saying BC can't score, do realize they are 2nd in the nation in red zone scoring percentage right?

BC wins this game. They are the better team, and come in rolling, whereas Zona does not.

Agree

I love BC +7.5.....I had a nice run going until last night losing Texas and Holiday Over mush fest. AZ rush D is soft IMO.....Andre up the gut 30 times in 35 degree weather seems like a nice recipe for a close game.

Let's get it wise - I just threw another sizable chunk on the Eagles. Looking forward to this game quite a bit. One of the more intriguing matchups of the bowls.

Gorgolon - no, they probably can't but the same can be said for Zona.

Also for shits and giggles BC was down 11 to MD this year with under 10 left to play and won the game.

very misleading SCdog when you break their schedule down... Just saying they didn't score hardly at all in 3 of the 4 games vs decent teams .. Zona is a decent team, no?

I wanted to bet over, but don't see it at all now... IMHO BC may be more motivated as you suggest but there is no way they are the better team.. again, JMO and am wrong often... GL today.. Great read on TT and maybe zona shows up unmotivated like their other states school.. I don't see that tho

12 PM

30.png
46[SUP]°[/SUP]
Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>46° </dd></dl> <dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>50% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>0% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>E at 3 mph</dd></dl>

1 PM

30.png
51[SUP]°[/SUP]
Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>51° </dd></dl> <dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>41% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>0% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>E at 3 mph</dd></dl>

2 PM

34.png
53[SUP]°[/SUP]
Mostly Sunny

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>53° </dd></dl> <dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>37% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>0% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>ESE at 4 mph</dd></dl>

3 PM

32.png
53[SUP]°[/SUP]
Sunny

<dl><dt>FEELS LIKE:</dt><dd>53° </dd></dl> <dl><dt>HUMIDITY:</dt><dd>38% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>PRECIP:</dt><dd>0% </dd></dl> <dl><dt>WIND:</dt><dd>ESE at 4 mph</dd></dl>

Let's get it wise - I just threw another sizable chunk on the Eagles. Looking forward to this game quite a bit. One of the more intriguing matchups of the bowls.

Gorgolon - no, they probably can't but the same can be said for Zona.

Also for shits and giggles BC was down 11 to MD this year with under 10 left to play and won the game.

Denker's game line after they got down early vs USC:

[TABLE="class: num"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datahead"]
[TD="colspan: 5, align: left"]Passing[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 46%, align: left"] [/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"]CP/ATT[/TD]
[TD="width: 13%"]YDS[/TD]
[TD="width: 13%"]TD[/TD]
[TD="width: 13%"]INT[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]B. Denker [/TD]
[TD]28/44[/TD]
[TD]363[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

T - I gave up long ago trying to figure out motivation from these kids, so it wasn't me suggesting Zona won't be motivated. I just don't think they are 7 points better than BC. BC's wins against MD and VT are impressive. Zona's win vs Oregon and Utah are. The rest are a wash. I also think the Oregon game was a fluke, but hey they won the game and I can't take that away from them.

This game is going to be a fun one to watch if you like seeing battles in the trenches and strong ground games. Good luck today

I see no motivational issues for either team. BC has won 4 of 5, looking to finish year strong. Zona coming off embarassing loss against AZ St. - will want to avenge that.

T - I gave up long ago trying to figure out motivation from these kids, so it wasn't me suggesting Zona won't be motivated. I just don't think they are 7 points better than BC. BC's wins against MD and VT are impressive. Zona's win vs Oregon and Utah are. The rest are a wash. I also think the Oregon game was a fluke, but hey they won the game and I can't take that away from them.

This game is going to be a fun one to watch if you like seeing battles in the trenches and strong ground games. Good luck today

agree-- good game to watch... I am going to do just that and see if I can find an edge at HT.. Would like to hear your thoughts as game progresses

Nice pull on the SC game Tee - So both teams "can" come back, but it goes against their strength. I'll throw my thoughts in the in game if I get a chance. I'm running around like crazy and am a VT alum, so heading to the bar early to watch the UCLA game and kick the NYE festivities off early.

Think that VT game actually sails over

I see no motivational issues for either team. BC has won 4 of 5, looking to finish year strong. Zona coming off embarassing loss against AZ St. - will want to avenge that.

also agree---both teams (style) challenge the other's manhood... Watch someone not show up.. happens often.. And something to think about IF either team doesn't show up they will get punished and blown out early

Back