Adrian Peterson Indicted Negligence to Child resulting in Injury

They pay no Federal taxes. Fuck the government, fuck the NFL a bunch of rich, politically correct dickheads.

The National Football League takes in more than $9.5 billion per year and is exempt from Federal taxes. As a nonprofit, it earns more than the Y, the Red Cross, Goodwill, the Salvation Army or Catholic Charities – yet it stands as one of the greatest profit-generating commercial advertising, entertainment and media enterprises ever created.

I just realized that every high school that has a football program has been physically abusing our kids. Damn!!!!!

I'm not sure that goes on so much anymore, shark, for all the same reasons it's not in the classroom. But who old enough doesn't remember being yanked into position by the face mask by some volunteer coach, aka someone's dad, who's wound a little too tight and thinks he's Woody Hayes. Youth sports was a pretty fertile field for abuse. Cleaning it up a bit is a good thing. These guys (coaches) come from a culture that used to think depriving athletes of water was a good idea.

tip, just the game alone, the tackling, broken bones, and everything else that goes along with football would be classified child abuse by some in here. :)

I'm not sure that goes on so much anymore, shark, for all the same reasons it's not in the classroom. But who old enough doesn't remember being yanked into position by the face mask by some volunteer coach, aka someone's dad, who's wound a little too tight and thinks he's Woody Hayes. Youth sports was a pretty fertile field for abuse. Cleaning it up a bit is a good thing. These guys (coaches) come from a culture that used to think depriving athletes of water was a good idea.

When I played HS the coach was a get in your face, grab you by the face mask and rip into you type. Even kick a guy in the ass to get moving or get in the right position. No one thought anything of it. Fast forward about 12 yrs, same coach. Well, parents went to the school board over him doing this stuff lol. Eventually the coach mellowed out or he would get fired. He left the program maybe 2 yrs after the baby parents complained.

Bill Simmons finally called out Roger Goodell hard. Only a handful of the press prostitutes dared take on the Non Profit Football League and the crony capitalism that is America. Classic. Fuck Steve Bischotti too, that greaseball, mafia wanna be, take a big piece of every contract worker (aerotek) motherfucker.

The link has the audio.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/espn-bill-simmons-profane-rant-roger-goodell

ESPN's Bill Simmons calls Roger Goodell a liar in profanity-laced tirade

Grantland Channel

A number of ESPN personalities, from SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm to NFL analyst Cris Carter, have shared their own powerful views on the state of the NFL over the last three weeks. Mark Schlereth nearly broke down in tears discussing Ray Rice, and Keith Olbermann has repeatedly called for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to lose his job.
None have been as blunt as Bill Simmons, who blasted Goodell, calling him a liar on his B.S. Report podcast.
“Goodell, if he didn’t know what was on that tape, he’s a liar. I’m just saying it. He is lying. If you put him up on a lie detector test, that guy would fail. For all these people to pretend they didn’t know is such [expletive] [expletive]. It really is, it’s such [expletive] [expletive]. For him to go into that press conference and pretend otherwise — I was so insulted.”
(Audio has been censored)
Simmons, who has been suspended from Twitter by ESPN in 2013 after criticizing First Take and publicly panned the network for airing the Ray Rice elevator video, dared ESPN to punish him for his take on Goodell.
“I really hope somebody calls me or emails me and says I’m in trouble for anything I say about Roger Goodell, because if one person says that to me, I’m going public. You leave me alone. The commissioner’s a liar and I get to talk about that on my podcast. Thank you.”
ESPN VP of Communications Josh Krulewitz declined to comment on Simmons’ remarks.

Every bloated, hubristic institution eventually meets its Waterloo. The NFL seemingly has brain injuries and player off-field violence issues (steroid related or otherwise) as its two chickens coming home to roost. No doubt these (symbiotic?) realities have always been an issue, only previously they've presumably largely existed in the shadows. There now seems to be some light shining where there was No Friggin Light before.

The NHL and PGA are tax exempt also.

Every dollar of income that is earned in the National Football League – from game tickets, television rights fees, jersey sales and national sponsorships – is subject to tax. None of this income is shielded in a tax-exempt entity. Instead, the NFL’s 32 clubs pay tax on all of these revenues.
Claims that the NFL is using a tax exemption to avoid paying the tax due on these revenues are simply misinformed. The confusion arises from the fact that there is one small part of the NFL, unrelated to all this business activity, that is tax-exempt: the NFL League Office. The league office is the administrative and organizational arm of the NFL and does things like write the rules of the game, hire referees, run the college draft, negotiate the collective bargaining agreement with the players, conduct player safety research, and run youth football programs.
The league office acts as a trade association for the NFL clubs. In the same way that other trade associations support companies in other lines of business, it establishes rules and standard practices for its members, develops programs to help them run their operations more efficiently and profitably, and promotes the business in the broader community. Trade associations are nonprofit organizations. They don’t engage in any business activity. As a result, they are exempt from being taxed under section 501(c)(6) of the federal tax code. (Charities are exempt under section 501(c)(3); the NFL League Office has never claimed to be a charity.)
Because the league office does not receive income from game tickets, television contracts and the like, its tax exemption does not apply to any of the profits earned in the NFL overall. All the money-making activity is conducted by the for-profit, taxable teams. The NFL has never contended that its business activity is a nonprofit endeavor. Similarly, and contrary to what some have asserted, the NFL’s stadium financing program does not depend on the league office’s tax-exempt status, and the bonds issued in connection with that program are not tax-exempt bonds.

Great, so they suspended Simmons for 3 weeks...ironically longer than Ray Rice's suspension.

This quote from ESPN bothers me though...so they strive to make their NFL coverage 'operate within ESPN's journalistic standards?' Sounds like their journalistic standards then mean to believe anything the NFL says, and not to question any of what the NFL says. Real journalists get to the truth...something ESPN apparently forgot about a long, long time ago...especially if this is the BS they're spewing about suspending Simmons.

"Every employee must be accountable to ESPN and those engaged in our editorial operations must also operate within ESPN's journalistic standards. We have worked hard to ensure that our recent NFL coverage has met that criteria. Bill Simmons did not meet those obligations in a recent podcast, and as a result we have suspended him for three weeks."

couple hours old

Adrian Peterson admits to marijuana use; prosecutors reportedly want him jailed

By Cindy Boren October 9 at 3:31 PM
<article><iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="" src="http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/c/embed/6fdf94ea-c40a-408b-ae38-b70f686811f0"></iframe>

Texas prosecutors are seeking the arrest of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, after he allegedly admitted to smoking marijuana while he is awaiting trial on a felony child abuse charge. (AP)

Prosecutors in Montgomery County, Tex., have filed paperwork seeking the arrest of Adrian Peterson, who reportedly admitted that he “smoked a little weed” in violation of the conditions of his bond.

Peterson is free on bond as he awaits trial on a charge of negligent injury to a child and, as a condition of the bond, must submit to drug tests. While giving a urine sample on Wednesday, he told an employee of the testing company that he had used marijuana, according to documents obtained byFox Houston and TMZ. However, it is unclear whether he indeed failed the test. Peterson, who has a tentative trial date of Dec. 1, is accused of whipping his 4-year-old son with a switch, leaving welts and scratches on the child’s arms, legs and genitals.

Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon asked the judge in the case to set aside the $15,000 bond posted by the Minnesota Vikings running back and order him arrested again. It is also, possible, the Houston Chronicle reports, that the judge will simply raise the bond amount.

“In light of this statement, and the fact that it was made during the urinalysis testing process, and the term ‘weed’ is a common slang term for marijuana, the State urges the defendant has smoked marijuana while on bond for the current offense,” the court document reads (via the Chronicle).

It is, however, unlikely that any action will occur Thursday because, according to Fox Houston, the presiding judge in Peterson’s case will hold a hearing on the prosecutor’s attempt to get him to recuse himself from the case. Ligon filed the motion after the judge called each lead attorney in the case a “media whore.” Case apologized, saying he was making a joke.

The motion, according to ESPN, alleges a history of bias against the district attorney’s office by Case and includes affidavits from Montgomery County assistant district attorney Frank Barnett and court worker Vanessa Atkinson, who say they heard Case’s comment and said it wasn’t in jest. It also accuses Case of setting a Dec. 1 trial date after several media outlets had reported that that was the date that Rusty Hardin, Peterson’s attorney, would push for.

Peterson has been on the NFL’s exempt commissioner’s list since Sept. 17 and is receiving all of his $11.75 million salary. He cannot, however, participate in any team activities until his case is adjudicated.
</article>

So, how long until AP is in uniform? I think the complicating factor will be what happens with his admission of smoking weed, but will the league suspend him additional games for a misdemeanor? 8 games would be a lot more than other players for what he pled to per a local attorney on the radio today. I'm not sure the league will suspend him for additional games but they surely will levy a steep fine (which will be challenged by the players union).

Seems like an easy fix for him and for the league. Credit him time served since he's missed 8 games and make him pay back the equivalent of a six game suspension since he's been paid in his absence. Get him on the field as soon as he's ready to suit up.

Is this his last year in his contract? Maybe Minnesota is willing to part ways with him now. I don't see him playing another down in Minny. AP I'm sure would like to move on as there were always rumors of him wanting to play in Dallas, although the Demarco play pretty much ruins that.

Is this his last year in his contract? Maybe Minnesota is willing to part ways with him now. I don't see him playing another down in Minny. AP I'm sure would like to move on as there were always rumors of him wanting to play in Dallas, although the Demarco play pretty much ruins that.

9/10/2011:
Signed a seven-year, $96 million contract. The deal contains $36 million guaranteed, $32 million of which is guaranteed for skill and the other $4 million for injury. Another $4 million is available through escalators. An annual $250,000 workout bonus is available throughout the life of the deal.
2014: $11.75 million
2015: $12.75 million
2016: $14.75 million
2017: $16.75 million
2018: Free Agent

Thanks fondy. With the NFL contracts not being guaranteed, I wouldn't be surprised if they let him go.

And damn annual $250k workout bonuses?! Must be nice.

Pretty sure he will be in a Vikes uniform as soon as he's cleared. If they were a 2 win team I could see him being released, but they are still in it (for now).

I'd be shocked if he played this year...The team and NFL would look terrible. I don't see how this is much different than the Rice situation, in terms of player conduct.

I think the pendulum has started to swing back on this and the Rice case. People now are more focused on how the NFL has fucked this up royally to a point where they don't even know how to proceed next. If I were the league, I'd look the other way and salvage the last shred of dignity they have and focus on having a consistent black and white policy from here on out.

Back