A&M @ Arkansas (plus a few others)

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
Wanna talk about this game because I feel somewhat strongly about it. For the record, my card is shaping up to look like

UMD +7 (got Monday, 6.5 is kind of meh but id still take it. Outright W wouldn't shock me)
Toledo +2.5
Baylor +2.5
Bama -38
UCF -28 1h
Oregon ST +4

But I am kind of falling in love with Arkansas +23. If you follow me in the NFL forum, you know I love buy low spots. I get it, Arkansas sucks. But last week was rock bottom. I can't see it getting worse than that or their stock getting any lower. They are still SEC caliber athletes playing at home against a conference foe that is not Alabama or LSU. A&M is clearly the better team, but its not like they have a dynamic offense. I feel like that team is going to sleep walk into Arkansas, get the W but not really care about running anything up. Arkansas, if they have any pride whatsoever, will be at least playing hard after last weeks embarrassment. Historically, these teams play relatively close games. Give me A&M 34-17, or something around that area, but I just don't see this A&M team blowing out Arkansas on the road. Arkansas is bad but not quite this bad.

Thoughts?

I much prefer the over in Jerry World. Think aTm gets theirs, but certainly could see Arkansas putting up 20+.

Not really. He just runs his offense. He is very good st halftime adjustments. He does adjust throughout, not Pail Johnson level. But, good enough to exploit a weakness if one is found during a game.

I meant to say a spread (as in ATS) conscious coach. FSU was always laying it on late. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pushing it up 14-17 2h still.

And are we sure Arkansas has "SEC speed"? I'd have to imagine the athletes on this team are not as fast or athletic as the majority of b12, b10, etc. teams.

I meant to say a spread (as in ATS) conscious coach. FSU was always laying it on late. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pushing it up 14-17 2h still.

And are we sure Arkansas has "SEC speed"? I'd have to imagine the athletes on this team are not as fast or athletic as the majority of b12, b10, etc. teams.
I understood your question. The only year he really laid the lumber was Jameis' RSF year, but all the damage was done 1H. Of course that defense was number 1 in many statistical categories under Pruitt that the spread was already covered.

That was the only year I recall him yanking starters if that helps.

With this Aggie squad, there is a lot to work on. So, you may get Mond 2H.

I like your thought process on this. I was actually on them a couple of weeks ago against Colorado St. and lucked out as they scored 3 TD's in the fourth quarter. I'm just scared they've quit. But you are probably right. You should complete the "trifecta" with Nebraska and Northwestern for the 3 team parlay. :p Knock it outta the park this weekend buddy. Appreciate the post.

Back