7/20 MLB discussion....cubs back at it early today

After watching what looked like a bunch of little leaguers in the field for the red birds last night, hard to not like the north siders in the turnaround matinee game with Lester throwing

Did the oddsmakers forget that they were just lining the Astros -200 to -400 everyday. Now they -114 on the road vs a lefty? Something doesn’t add up here

Carpenter starting over Martinez and batting leadoff vs LHP should make @2daBank @VirginiaCavs @PaintCrew renounce their fanhood

I don’t think Martinez should ever play in the field to be honest. Hurts us at 2 positions and god knows our defense doesn’t need more liabilities out there!! Needs to be dealt to a AL squad even tho they prob won’t get all that much for him, just be better for everyone involved to let him go DH.

Good spot for WS. LeBlanc on bad rest and missing his best Catcher
Interest in Minn, Philadelphia to start
The extra rest is very good for Detroit pitcher

Cards first half, some interest in Toronto but Bundy has great history at site and fine on 6+

Didn’t like all the rain I saw around Chicago on radar but kinda wanted to bet cards,, told myself to not touch it so compromised and used them to start beer money parlay. Lol. I’m such a degenerate :)

I like betting on a team after it coughs up lead. Usually more motivated

I like betting on a team after it coughs up lead. Usually more motivated

I like flarherty at plus money. Be better if he wasnt surrounded by bunch of losers, but yea taking them after yesterday’s “performance” prob better than doing so after they score bunch of runs and win.., you would think we at least get our good relievers today and not bottom feeders off the garbage bin!!

I like flarherty at plus money. Be better if he wasnt surrounded by bunch of losers, but yea taking them after yesterday’s “performance” prob better than doing so after they score bunch of runs and win.., you would think we at least get our good relievers today and not bottom feeders off the garbage bin!!

Exaclty cause then they score two runs max for five games in a row lol
Hicks and Norris are fresh!

Giants get second crack at Edwin in a week, bout time for him to put up one of his ugly ass starts where he gets knocked around for 5-6 runs. +115 or better more than enough for me to fade him.

During the last 13 years, the REDS are 16-0 when line with 20 cents of even after road game as dog and starter pitched <4 inn last game ;)

42265848-b4c7-4bb6-b43c-03636d2e95d6.png

Sanchez last 3 years not good on 6+
Fading Oakland possible. Teams blasting hate breaks but think you need ump help first

Tallion hasn’t had any success at cincy bandbox either, I was looking at reds or over there but hadn’t quite convinced myself to pull trigger on either.

In some ways this is like Cubs SL. The dog can not stay in the race if they lose. Based on Logic Houston probably should win but no bet till I see ref

Think I am putting in bets on over in Tampa and Seattle I am borrowing from Caveman over at Covers

Its not impossible for Tampa to go under but It is really unlikely in Sea which I will bet seriously on

1. The Red Sox finished the first half with the best record in MLB at 68-30 (.694). That is the fifth-highest winning percentage before the All-Star break in AL history, and the highest since the 2001 Mariners.
  2. At 41-57 (.418), this is the worst winning percentage at the break by the Tigers since their 2003 season, where they finished with a 43-119 record. Their team slash line is .245/.303/.386, which are all the team's lowest at the break since 2003.
  3. In 10 games with the Red Sox, Steve Pearce is hitting .423 with a 1.192 OPS. That is the highest batting average in a player's first 10 games with the Red Sox since Ryan Sweeney in 2012 (.424, minimum 30 PA).
  4. Mookie Betts has a 1.139 OPS so far this season, leading all qualified players. The last qualified Red Sox player to post as high of an OPS in the first half was Ted Williams in 1950 (1.157).
  5. Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .372 with runners on base this season. That is the highest by any AL player (minimum 100 plate appearances). He is hitting .375 with runners in scoring position in the first six innings but .167 in the seventh inning and after.
  6. The Red Sox's 1-4 hitters are hitting a combined .305 this season, the highest in MLB. Those hitters have homered 87 times this season, the second most in MLB (Yankees, 89).

The Detroit Tigers cannot escape reminders of what they used to be.

They faced their former ace, Justin Verlander, in the last game before the All-Star break on Sunday. Upon returning from a four-day hiatus, they run into one of the league's premier sluggers, another player they traded away last season to enter a rebuilding phase.
J.D. Martinez and American League East-leading Boston (68-30) begin a weekend series in Detroit on Friday night.
Detroit blindsided Verlander in Houston, hitting four homers against him in a 6-3 victory. That snapped a six-game losing streak and gave the Tigers (41-57) a little boost heading into their mini-vacation.
"It still doesn't take away from how good that guy is," Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. "We all know he's a great pitcher and we were fortunate to be able to bang him around a little bit."
The Tigers are also fully aware how good Martinez is. He revived his career in Motown, blasting 99 homers in 3 1/2 seasons before he was dealt to Arizona for prospects during his walk year.
Martinez remained on the free-agent market longer than expected before he finally reached an agreement with the Red Sox. He has been even better than advertised and has a shot at the Triple Crown. He's tied for the major-league lead in homers (29) and leads the pack in RBIs (80). He's also third in batting average (.328).
Martinez enjoyed his time in Detroit, but is thrilled to be with a contender
"It's awesome. It's a blessing," he said at an All-Star press conference. "It's a dream to be in this uniform. It was my childhood dream. They were my favorite team."
Red Sox fans are rejoicing over their team's success. Boston holds a 4 1/2-game lead over the New York Yankees and plays its next 10 games against opponents with losing records.
"We have a lot of young guys that every day, they continue to get better and continue to develop," Martinez said. "It's exciting. The fact we've been playing so well has been fun."
Another former Tigers player, left-hander David Price (10-6, 4.42 ERA), is scheduled to pitch on Friday. Price has struggled in his last three outings, giving up 15 earned runs and eight homers. He is 5-1 with a 2.40 ERA in eight career appearances against the Tigers.
He'll be opposed by another left-hander, Matthew Boyd (4-8, 4.76 ERA). He's winless in his last six starts while being charged with the loss in four of those outings.
His last victory came June 7 in Boston, when he held the Red Sox to two runs and four hits in 6 1/3 innings. Overall, he's 1-1 with a 7.20 ERA in three career starts against Boston.
The Red Sox won the first two games of the season series by a combined score of 13-1 before Boyd's strong performance salvaged the finale for Detroit.
Martinez had three hits, including a homer, in 10 official at-bats during those three games.
Martinez has scored at least one run in 17 of the last 21 games that he has played. He had a 10-game hitting streak snapped against Toronto during the last game before the break.

guess theres no more rockies over trains? at 7.5 in arizona, lot of people on dbacks tinight it seems

My issue w Sox tonight would be they were so hot and playing so unbelievably well the whole 1st half I can’t imagine the break could do anything but disrupt their rhythm, not that it will they could certainly just keep rolling, I just don’t see how it could have “helped” them... that and I’d have to play rl to play them as they way above my price threshold, lol.

guess theres no more rockies over trains? at 7.5 in arizona, lot of people on dbacks tinight it seems

I kinda went blind on that one and played over. Both lineups w good numbers vs starters and Ray has struggled at home. Felt like a total square when clicking it but shit as you said, 7.5 at that park w these offenses didn’t seem like a big ask.

Back