49ers vs. Rams Discussion Thread

The hard to beat a team 3 times is actually opposite

Saw that since the merger. 3rd meeting in playoffs has happened 22 times when one team was 2-0 vs other in regular season

The team that won both games are 14-8 in the playoff game

Saw that since the merger. 3rd meeting in playoffs has happened 22 times when one team was 2-0 vs other in regular season

Yeah this wouldn't be my go to

Some teams have another's number, gotta go deeper than that for me

Thing is 3.5 is tricky, not like it's tough if you like the Rams ML to think they win by 3 or 4, good solid number. Pretty big lean to under but wouldn't mind seeing it inch up a tad

I wouldnt go by it either way

I'd guess that in most of those games the team that went 2-0 was the home team and favored heavily

Guessing a lot of wildcard vs 1 or 2 seed games

I wouldnt go by it either way

I'd guess that in most of those games the team that went 2-0 was the home team and favored heavily

Guessing a lot of wildcard vs 1 or 2 seed games
Fwiw I was going to bring up the bet against the team playing in their home stadium in the SB til BBF brought it up that it happened last year lol

I look at that stuff as history but I know some love to ride things like that, seriously, I still don't remember the game being in Tampa

It really doesn't matter at the end of the day. Rams are the most complete team in the nfl right now and if Stafford keeps playing like he has the last two weeks they will win it all. BIG IF.

Rams find ways to win despite turning the ball over. Sign of a great coach and defense.

I will say that they aren't forgetting that 17-0 blown lead less than 20 days ago though.

As I said in the in-game, the Niners played their Divisional on concrete and dudes were limping off the 'field' in the 4th quarter.

Let's not also forget that the Niners offense exploded for 6 total points against a shaky Packer defense.

As I said in the in-game, the Niners played their Divisional on concrete and dudes were limping off the 'field' in the 4th quarter.

Let's not also forget that the Niners offense exploded for 6 total points against a shaky Packer defense.

To be fair, the packers had 2 starters return on defense who are extremely good.

If Whitworth is out the Rams will get butchered at the LOS. 9ers didn’t have Trent last game at LA and he should be good to go here. He’s the best player in all of football.

Rams to me are one dimensional the 9ers can stop the run with 5 or 6 in the box and let their elite safeties do their thing keeping everything in front. This defense held Rodgers to maybe 70 yards and 0 points after the first drive and that terrible botched check down to Jones before half. And Rodgers and that offense I’ll take over Stafford any day.

whats changed in the last few weeks between these teams? i say nothing really--- both have done what they have needed to do and stepped up in pressure situations --- both went on the road and beat teams they weren't supposed to beat --- the last game they played between each other was what it was --- same venue and it was very recent --- i expect a super close game and with a line of 3/3.5 it seems like a no bet for me--- maybe look for a reason to bet the total ?

With the line at 3.5 I assume Whitworth will be in the lineup. Probably will not practice this week, too busy helping his wife buy up all the tickets.

Don't discount the extra day of rest for SF, glad LA had to play the full 60 on Sunday.

With the line at 3.5 I assume Whitworth will be in the lineup. Probably will not practice this week, too busy helping his wife buy up all the tickets.

Don't discount the extra day of rest for SF, glad LA had to play the full 60 on Sunday.

Playing Sat was huge for 9ers to get back home and resting Sunday

After spotting the Rams 17. Similar to spotting the Packers 7 off the rip the adjustments Ryan is making with this defense is surreal. Rams after McVey celebrated on the sidelines up 17-0 like he won a Super Bowl went as follows:

Punt
3 and out Punt
Int
Punt
TD - big drive 30 yarder to Kupp
3 and out Punt
Int

7 points in almost 45 minutes with OT

Rams need to start fast and even if they do after last week and vs the 9ers 2 weeks prior they will always be susceptible to momentum swings.

The fact that LA is going to such measured to avoid their stadium being taken over is laughable. They fail to realize there are likely more 9er fans in LA than Rams fans. The stadium wasn’t invaded by 9er fans driving 6 hours south. They can’t regulate third party markets either so this will likely be a repeat, but with the SB on the line you could see even more red. Seany boy better practice pumping in some crowd noise this week.

Jimmys arm looked dead to me last week. Several of those passes had no zip on them. I think he’s still pretty hurt and it catches up to them. Rams have the better team overall. I’ll pay the points here. Surprised it’s only 3.5 actually.

Have not had the opportunity to read the thread. I am always interested and learn from what I read.

Here is what I did. Made a large wager on Niners +3.5. Do not think line will move higher. If I need to change I will.

Don't think line moves above 3.5, if it does my plan is a bad one

Hard to beat a team 3 times in a year. I think rams learned from last meeting and win this one

I feel like we often say this but the reality doesn’t bare that out., maybe I’m wrong on this but I def recall some situations where a team did beat a div rival a 3rd time in playoffs. Surely someone has numbers on this instead of just our perceptions?! Lol. I do know shanny record vs Mcvey is something crazy and think niners have won the last 6 meetings havnt they?

Jimmys arm looked dead to me last week. Several of those passes had no zip on them. I think he’s still pretty hurt and it catches up to them. Rams have the better team overall. I’ll pay the points here. Surprised it’s only 3.5 actually.

I think that was way more weather related than injury.

I don’t think that one day enough to make niners close to the fresher team. I think @wiseplayer was spot on about missing whitworth not mattering cause the guy who took his place is every bit as good.

whats changed in the last few weeks between these teams? i say nothing really--- both have done what they have needed to do and stepped up in pressure situations --- both went on the road and beat teams they weren't supposed to beat --- the last game they played between each other was what it was --- same venue and it was very recent --- i expect a super close game and with a line of 3/3.5 it seems like a no bet for me--- maybe look for a reason to bet the total ?

I think something has changed for niners they been on the road a bunch, last week in brutal conditions and been getting beat up. Just not sure how much they got left in the tank?

I had a feeling it was perception more than reality, didn’t know the numbers but I recall several times over the years hearing this then watching the same team win the 3rd meeting.

If Whitworth is out the Rams will get butchered at the LOS. 9ers didn’t have Trent last game at LA and he should be good to go here. He’s the best player in all of football.

Rams to me are one dimensional the 9ers can stop the run with 5 or 6 in the box and let their elite safeties do their thing keeping everything in front. This defense held Rodgers to maybe 70 yards and 0 points after the first drive and that terrible botched check down to Jones before half. And Rodgers and that offense I’ll take over Stafford any day.

@wiseplayer was spot on that his replacement is every bit as capable, totally disagree with that. You should be a lot more worried bout what happens without Trent Williams on a obviously bad ankle.

Look up Noteboom regarding Whitworths absence. Trent was on crutches after the Packers game. Best player in all of football is pretty hilarious. I’d take about 10 players before I get to Williams and more than that with him on crutches. Rams 1 dimensional isn’t accurate. I believe it’s SF who is 1 dimensional. Elite safeties in SF I’m not aware of. Holding Rodgers in those elements isn’t actually the same as playing in the conditions at Sofi. No mention of the 9ers anemic offense and their QB playing as bad as any QB during this postseason? No TD’s by their offense on Saturday. Would you take that atrocious performance over Staffords performance and their 30pt output vs the Bucs D?

Last edited:
Look up Noteboom regarding Whitworths absence. Trent was on crutches after the Packers game. Best player in all of football is pretty hilarious. I’d take about 10 players before I get to Williams and more than that with him on crutches. Rams 1 dimensional isn’t accurate. I believe it’s SF who is 1 dimensional. Elite safeties in SF I’m not aware of. Holding Rodgers in those elements isn’t actually the same as playing in the conditions at Sofi. No mention of the 9ers anemic offense and their QB playing as bad as any QB during this postseason? No TD’s by their offense on Saturday. Would you take that atrocious performance over Staffords performance and their 30pt output vs the Bucs D?

Rodgers was clearly only interested in throwing to 2 guys, think his distrust of teammates made them way easier to defend than the rams will be who have weapons all over.

two good defenses, and two teams that annoy the shit out of me. one of them i really fucking hate. the whiners d has been masking just how poorly crappolo has been playing the past few weeks, and they are shitting their pants every time he drops back to pass. besides the 1 int he threw this weekend, he made at least 3 more passes that were just moronic, and the slackers didn't pick any of them. the lambs would have probably had 3 ints with their guys on defense. staphord has been making good decisions on his throws, and threw the ball about as well as you could expect against the fucs. it's going to be a tight game with at least a handful of questionable coaching mistakes from 2 guys that are considered geniuses. the whiners could play a better game, but they will have to actually win this one, as i don't expect staphord to give them gifts. crappolo has walked through the minefield so far, but i think there's a good chance he detonates in a crucial situation here, even if the lambs get outplayed.

i actually would like to shit on their field myself for their massive failure this weekend and gifting the whiners into the nfc champ

I'm kicking myself for not paying attention to the weather and taking the under like I usually do.

I was distracted...

if my choices were roy munson or corky from life goes on, i'd have to take munson every time. he's a loser but at least i know he can execute. crappolo is basically corky on a football field.

Oh fuck. Life goes on was a good show. Corky the world's richest person with downs. But damn he could act.

Have not had the opportunity to read the thread. I am always interested and learn from what I read.

Here is what I did. Made a large wager on Niners +3.5. Do not think line will move higher. If I need to change I will.

Don't think line moves above 3.5, if it does my plan is a bad one
I’d be very surprised if it does

Rodgers didn't look good either in those conditions. Jimmy was throwing dimes including a easy TD to George who dropped it. I watch every snap and he's always had a noodle arm. They aren't losing this game because he doesn't grow a cannon arm for the 1st time in his career.

Rodgers was clearly only interested in throwing to 2 guys, think his distrust of teammates made them way easier to defend than the rams will be who have weapons all over.
As a fan I have to reevaluate my thoughts on Rodgers. 8-9 in postseason now. How many home playoff games has he lost? #1 seed losing to a 9er team who didn’t score a TD on offense? Not sure how to rate him vs the immortal QBs.

As a fan I have to reevaluate my thoughts on Rodgers. 8-9 in postseason now. How many home playoff games has he lost? #1 seed losing to a 9er team who didn’t score a TD on offense? Not sure how to rate him vs the immortal QBs.

It always been my problem w him, he a front runner who pretty much folds shop and looks for excuses the minute things don’t go his way. Used to be the defenses fault but they played great, guess now it lack of weapons since he refused to throw to anyone other than adams and Jones. Lazard been making plays for him a lot recently don’t know why he never looked his way? I know other guys were open when he was trying to force the ball to those 2 every time. He as talented as anyone but he a jerkoff.

Ticketmaster reversed the Rams policy and will allow tickets to be sold to whoever - regardless of zip code. Mrs. Whitworth is pathetic and throwing gas on this subject. It could be a complete red out.

Deleted pic - sorry that was way too big

Back